Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

So I completely missed the part about Elizabeth Debicki playing Ayesha in Guardians 2. That's a real out there move. That leaves wondering even more if we're going to see Adam Warlock in some way. Maybe that'll be the stinger.

Rob Lowe for Adam Warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

Oh I forgot to mention you should read the current run of Spider-Woman, both because it's a fantastic comic and also because she's Carol Danvers' best friend and they're constantly hanging out as a result.

There is no way this won't be part of the Captain Marvel movie.

Maybe Mary Elizabeth Winsted could play Jess? Though I still feel Alison Brie would be fantastic casting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Toxxupation posted:

Oh I forgot to mention you should read the current run of Spider-Woman, both because it's a fantastic comic and also because she's Carol Danvers' best friend and they're constantly hanging out as a result.

Will add it to my list, thanks :)

twistedmentat posted:

There is no way this won't be part of the Captain Marvel movie.

Maybe Mary Elizabeth Winsted could play Jess? Though I still feel Alison Brie would be fantastic casting.

Would be pretty cool to reunite Romona Flowers with Envy Adams and Lucas Lee in the MCU.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

teagone posted:

Will add it to my list, thanks :)

Would be pretty cool to reunite Romona Flowers with Envy Adams and Lucas Lee in the MCU.

Then cast Mae Whitman or Anna Kendrick as Squrrel Girl! So, who can Aubry Plaza play? Attitude, she would be good for NIco, but not for, well, everything else.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

Also weirdly enough, the singer from Mindless Self Indulgence. Gunn is just throwing all his friends into the movie as Ravagers.
Hopefully Chantal Claret shows up somehow. She was on set all the time for V1, and is married to Mr. James Urine.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo. I love this.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/757015254131838976

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Then cast Mae Whitman or Anna Kendrick as Squrrel Girl! So, who can Aubry Plaza play? Attitude, she would be good for NIco, but not for, well, everything else.

She's in Legion I think?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eh, the old one was good.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I prefer the old one too, the live-action bits in this one don't look right.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dacap posted:

I prefer the old one too, the live-action bits in this one don't look right.
It reminds me of the video that they play at every Cinemark show before the previews where its just a bunch of clips of movies from the 90s to mid 00s

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I just watched that Justice League trailer and the movie version of Barry Allen struck me as a a younger brother of Max Greenfield from New Girl

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Hulk being in the new Thor is the only thing that's made me interested in seeing it so far.

Take a look at the director's previous movies...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqfR8g-Qow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Xvsjy57X0
...imagine any degree of that making it into a Marvel movie, and get excited.

e: And for Superhero credentials, he played Ryan Reynolds' buddy in Green Lantern :D

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 24, 2016

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

In the immortal words of Cinema Sins- 40 seconds of logo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ya, that's the problem. Marvel probably won't let him do poo poo.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

So, who can Aubry Plaza play?

No one, I hope.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaussian posted:

Read all of Kelly Sue DeConnick's run. The first volume is "In Pursuit of Flight."

Noooooo!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone should watch What We Do in the Shadows anyway because it's a terrific movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I saw this in a Twitter advertisement last night, the first time I've ever clicked on to get more info from an ad there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY

My first reaction is, the hair is all wrong. But as a real opinion, I'm just hoping that there's a first episode twist that shows that the girl was really one of his personalities. Otherwise I don't think they're going to be doing this character or his powers correctly. Which will annoy me because he's one of my favorite X-Men.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Teenage Fansub posted:

Take a look at the director's previous movies...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqfR8g-Qow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Xvsjy57X0

e: And for Superhero credentials, he played Ryan Reynolds' buddy in Green Lantern :D

I saw Hunt for the Wilderpeople last night and it was absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see what he does with Thor.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

IUG posted:

So I saw this in a Twitter advertisement last night, the first time I've ever clicked on to get more info from an ad there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY

My first reaction is, the hair is all wrong. But as a real opinion, I'm just hoping that there's a first episode twist that shows that the girl was really one of his personalities. Otherwise I don't think they're going to be doing this character or his powers correctly. Which will annoy me because he's one of my favorite X-Men.

This looks so boring and lovely. Couldn't even figure out who was supposed to be David Haller until like 3/4 of the way through the trailer (unless this is deliberate and they're ALL David Haller in which case 5 stars???)

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

muscles like this? posted:

Everyone should watch What We Do in the Shadows anyway because it's a terrific movie.

This is a Good and a True statement.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Dacap posted:

Also weirdly enough, the singer from Mindless Self Indulgence. Gunn is just throwing all his friends into the movie as Ravagers.

Super excited about this part

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BrianWilly posted:

I thought Aquaman was one of the good things about that trailer. Okay, Ezra Miller is pretty good as Barry too.

It's just the forced quips, man. From Batman, of all characters.

"I thought she was with you" but, yeah.

Agree all around. Aquaman was fine and Barry Allen/Miller looks like he's gonna steal the movie but, man, the rest of it was difficult to sit through and looked just awful. It was an entire trailer of Affleck delivering nothing but one liners.

edit: that Dr. Strange trailer looked loving insane. Pretty psyched for smoking a bowl and going to see that movie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BiggerBoat posted:

edit: that Dr. Strange trailer looked loving insane. Pretty psyched for smoking a bowl and going to see that movie.

My personal takeaway is that Marvel's decided that Dr. Strange is going to be a weird movie so they're fully embracing it. Another thing DC's movies could stand to learn from.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Not very keen on the costume design for justice league, but the trailer had energy and some levity. It seems like they're at least making something of an effort to address the tonal issues, which is an improvement!

Still bummed they're ditching Grant Gustin, though, I liked him for Barry.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So who is Willam Dafoe playing in Justice League? I didn't see him in the trailer at all. When he was announced, all I could think of was Martian Manhunter so maybe there's a surprise reveal or a cameo or something?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

BiggerBoat posted:

So who is Willam Dafoe playing in Justice League? I didn't see him in the trailer at all. When he was announced, all I could think of was Martian Manhunter so maybe there's a surprise reveal or a cameo or something?

The set visits say he's playing an Atlantean named Vulko

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BiggerBoat posted:

HighFather

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

She's in Legion I think?

Yea i found out that she's in Legion later. She's not really in the trailer that much though, and it never focuses on her.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

My personal takeaway is that Marvel's decided that Dr. Strange is going to be a weird movie so they're fully embracing it. Another thing DC's movies could stand to learn from.

MoS penis ships.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea i found out that she's in Legion later. She's not really in the trailer that much though, and it never focuses on her.

She's completely awful, so probably for the best.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wonder Woman and Doctor Strange look pretty good (even though there's never been a successful female-led superhero movie so WW is guaranteed to fail and Strange is just too weird so it's guaranteed to be he one that finally sinks Marvel Studios). As for JL, I'm pretty optimistic for it, though I was pretty optimistic for BvS and ended up not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped I would. I concur with the sentiment that the Flash costume looks a bit busy but I'm sure it'll turn out fine in the end.

Not really feeling Cyborg, unfortunately. I like Cyborg and understand why he is being pushed but I guess I am just one of the many fans whose introduction to the JLA was the cartoon, so I would much rather it was John Stewart GL (who's still the definitive GL to me for that reason). However, maybe the character will surprise me. I think there's a lot of interesting vstuff you could do with Cyborg.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Not really feeling Cyborg, unfortunately. I like Cyborg and understand why he is being pushed but I guess I am just one of the many fans whose introduction to the JLA was the cartoon, so I would much rather it was John Stewart GL (who's still the definitive GL to me for that reason). However, maybe the character will surprise me. I think there's a lot of interesting vstuff you could do with Cyborg.

I think everyone but Cyborg's gotten a strong impression between BvS and this trailer. Batman's the brains, Superman's the heart, Wonder Woman's the muscle, Aquaman's the outsider, Flash is the comic relief, Cyborg... is the black guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyborg's the R2D2.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Probably better than being the C-3PO, I suppose.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cyborg sucked in the justice league cartoons so it's fitting he sucks in this movie

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
still looking for to Suicide Squad, but I'll be damned if some of the dialogue in these clips isn't cringe worthy

http://www.superherohype.com/news/379141-8-suicide-squad-clips#/slide/1

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I'm not really a fan of in the Wonder Woman trailer is the lasso glowing. I think it makes it look too fake-y.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dacap posted:

The set visits say he's playing an Atlantean named Vulko

Oh. Bummer. I was hoping he's have a more prominent role and not just a supporting one.

One thing I'm not really a fan of in the Wonder Woman trailer is the lasso glowing. I think it makes it look too fake-y.

That was actually one of the things I liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Cyborg's deal will probably be very Nu52, in that his tech is basically run by the Motherbox OS. He can likely open/shut down boom tubes and do other things with Apokolyptan tech.
Given that some pilgrims are burying a Motherbox in the trailer. It should factor in.

The glow is a nice idea but I think the post-production needs some extra bake-time with it.

• Locked thread