Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Casting a Hangarback for zero still counts as it dying, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Soul Glo posted:

Casting a Hangarback for zero still counts as it dying, right?

It will enter the battlefield, then immediately die. It's ability will trigger but produce no thopters upon resolution.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yep, it enters the battlefield and then SBEs see it has 0 toughness and it goes to the graveyard.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Thought so. I got 4 in my funsies GB delirium deck. Turn 2 delirium seems good. Kalitas won't be out that early anyhow, but hey. Good to know.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Star Man posted:

It might be right, but it still sounds wrong. I would make for a fascist of an editor for an MtG site and make Strunk and White required reading.

Travis Woo nooo

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Death Bot posted:

Travis Woo nooo

me irl

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So on Magic Online, if your opponent casts Reanimate targeting Iona, and you respond with Containment Priest, the Iona gets exiled and the opponent loses no life. I found a Reddit post from seven months ago detailing this bug. This seems like an extremely noticeable bug, am I misinterpreting how Reanimate is worded or something? I'm reasonably certain that they should still lose 9 life.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Hellsau posted:

So on Magic Online, if your opponent casts Reanimate targeting Iona, and you respond with Containment Priest, the Iona gets exiled and the opponent loses no life. I found a Reddit post from seven months ago detailing this bug. This seems like an extremely noticeable bug, am I misinterpreting how Reanimate is worded or something? I'm reasonably certain that they should still lose 9 life.

No you see it gets RFGd so it doesn't have a converted mana cost anymore.

MTGO :negative:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Soul Glo posted:

Thought so. I got 4 in my funsies GB delirium deck. Turn 2 delirium seems good. Kalitas won't be out that early anyhow, but hey. Good to know.

Other fun interactions: -0 Liliana, free death trigger.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hellsau posted:

They would. Reanimate isn't countered, just that "put onto the battlefield" is replaced with "exiled". The card, and thus the life loss, still resolves.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Voyager I posted:

Other fun interactions: -0 Liliana, free death trigger.

Wait, what now?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Been testing a jank as gently caress BG deck with my buddy today. There is a new common that gets +1/+1 for each permanent you sacrifice. Combo'd it with emrakuls evangel and zulaport cut throat with a nantuko husk to make giant rear end dudes and beat in turn 5 off of coco.

loving dumb and fun.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Soul Glo posted:

Wait, what now?

Hangarback Walker in the graveyard has a CMC of 0, so you can use Liliana's -X ability to get it back without paying any loyalty. It will then immediately die and go back to the graveyard because it has 0 toughness.

It's not a super powerful line, but sometimes a death trigger is all you need.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Voyager I posted:

Hangarback Walker in the graveyard has a CMC of 0, so you can use Liliana's -X ability to get it back without paying any loyalty. It will then immediately die and go back to the graveyard because it has 0 toughness.

It's not a super powerful line, but sometimes a death trigger is all you need.

Ohhh ok. I was looking at New Liliana and was thoroughly confused.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Star Man posted:

It might be right, but it still sounds wrong. I would make for a fascist of an editor for an MtG site and make Strunk and White required reading.

language prescriptivists kill yourselfs

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Star Man posted:

Strunk & White

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

This man has pressing issues that only this community can address. Please assist.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

He should try playing Collected Company imo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Soul Glo posted:

He should try playing Collected Company imo

Conjured Circumcision.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm sure WotC has a collection of extra foreskins just lying around; I think that's what they spend the MTGO budget on

I can't figure out a way to make this "joke" work well sorry

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

was there an mtg panel at sdcc and if there was do we know anything about it

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Star Man posted:

If you're writing for a magic website you probably need to do it that way so the card name parser can pick it up properly

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Elyv posted:

was there an mtg panel at sdcc and if there was do we know anything about it

Apparently Maro was announcing something but it wasn't anything important or anything to get exited by and I get the impression he immediately regretted saying anything about it on his blog.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Tonetta posted:

This man has pressing issues that only this community can address. Please assist.

I have a deckbox made out of tanned foreskins. Rub on it a while and it turns into a trade binder.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AceClown posted:

Apparently Maro was announcing something but it wasn't anything important or anything to get exited by and I get the impression he immediately regretted saying anything about it on his blog.

MaRo being regretful is the greatest thing about Magic.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Day two of this exciting new Standard open weekend:

- Bant Company mirror
- Jim Davis taking 5 minutes in one turn
- :v:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

InterrupterJones posted:

Day two of this exciting new Standard open weekend:

- Bant Company mirror
- Jim Davis taking 5 minutes in one turn
- :v:

SCG is selling spell quellers for 15$ so enjoy seeing them on camera.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PT can't come soon enough.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Skyl3lazer posted:

I figured that was the main reason, so good thing I picked them up when they were $8 a pop.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Lol, I would have figured that it would have waited to have shown up in a modern deck before it spiked that high. I don't think this set is going to be a well opened set. I don't really foresee this to be anywhere this expensive in a few weeks but I doubt it reaches siege rhino cheapness.

Definitely a card to wait on to get a playset of.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Man, no one ever makes big emblems even when they have the loyalty counters to pull it off.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm glad to see that spell queller has O ring text as opposed to the more boring version of the card, and will have niche cases where it could end multiple spells but only harbor the one you want.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Summary Dismissal just used on camera to totally shut down a World Breaker.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Spirits is the new humans, isn't it.

GB Delirium with Deathmist Raptor. I like it.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 24, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

Hm yes scg continue to show Company and Humans and not something different or exciting.

Think I'll avoid standard till October.

Those are the only decks people are playing.

Maybe they should have just banned loving Collected Company.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 24, 2016

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

InterrupterJones posted:

I figured that was the main reason, so good thing I picked them up when they were $8 a pop.

I ordered a set at 7.50, but I was drunk so a few minutes later I ordered another set for 7.50.
Feels good man

Also Danny Jessup needs to be kicked in the dick repeatedly until he takes off that stupid shirt and shaves that awful loving neckbeard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Those are the only decks people are playing.

Maybe they should have just banned loving Collected Company.

it rotates in what, 3 months? it's no jace or stoneforge i don't see a reason to do that

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Skyl3lazer posted:

I opened 2, traded a bunch of EDH garbage for a third, and bought my last one for $9. :feelsgood:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Lili Emblem about to go down on camera.

EDIT: opponent scooped immediately to Emblem, boooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

To be clear Queller isn't worth 15, it's about 10, but SCG will sell them to rubes for 15.

• Locked thread