Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Solvent posted:

Just one of those things where he tries to transpose his own life, and his own philosophy, over the lives of others to whom it is clearly not applicable.

He was poor, though! POOR! Don't make him get out his tax return history!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

confirmed, i saw his tax returns live twice because both times he did a show here in seattle (a year apart) he did the exact same set.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tweak posted:

confirmed, i saw his tax returns live twice because both times he did a show here in seattle (a year apart) he did the exact same set.

there's a cool kind of super double irony in that saying comedy factory, not comedy warehouse is itself a joke out of the old loveline goon comedy warehouse

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Tweak posted:

But he's a "comedy factory, not a comedy warehouse!".

Damnit.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Every so often I load up Dr. Drew's TV show webpage and just marvel at it for a little while.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The reading of the tax returns was a really funny bit.

When he did it on Loveline 15 years ago.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
So when you're talking about his life shows, does that mean he's doing stand-up now? I know he was often referred to as a stand-up comic, but on LL he always seemed to dismiss it as something he had dipped his toes in but had no interest in trying again.

I wonder what changed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

criscodisco posted:

So when you're talking about his life shows, does that mean he's doing stand-up now? I know he was often referred to as a stand-up comic, but on LL he always seemed to dismiss it as something he had dipped his toes in but had no interest in trying again.

I wonder what changed.

He has like 4 bits he has done for 10 years.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Some episodes of Loveline on MTV have finally surfaced. Just think, there's hundreds and hundreds of hours of unseen Carolla-era Loveline still out there waiting to be discovered.

Edit: It would be wise to create back-ups of these before Gio gets them taken down.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 8, 2016

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Jubs posted:

Some episodes of Loveline on MTV have finally surfaced. Just think, there's hundreds and hundreds of hours of unseen Carolla-era Loveline still out there waiting to be discovered.

First question: My belly button is really deep, what should I do?

:love:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSDC3cHoZs

Love that intro.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jesus Chris Hardwick was a guest.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Please, it was Fat Chris Hardwick.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Solvent posted:

Flugelhorn.

oh, you flug?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Jesus Chris Hardwick was a guest.

He was in the running for Adams spot after Rachtman left.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
I was NOT expecting to see Drew while watching this clip about the invention of the vibrator. I just about jumped out of my chair.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Jubs posted:

Edit: It would be wise to create back-ups of these before Gio gets them taken down.

Good advice generally, but does he do that?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Skyscraper posted:

Good advice generally, but does he do that?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're new here, aren't ya. YES. HE DOES THAT. IT'S NO JOKE. HE REALLY DOES THAT.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Jubs posted:

The fact that they ask the audience for answers is hilarious, because you can always see Adam and Drew immediately trying to backpedal the horrible advice given to the callers.

My favorite is a girl called in to ask about a creepy guy who wants to be her sugar daddy, and she wants to know if she can take the money and then not sleep with him. Audience advice? GO FOR IT, IF GUYS ARE WILLING TO GIVE MONEY YOU SHOULD TAKE IT, I DO IT ALL THE TIME. It's like when guests give bad advice, but somehow even worse.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 13, 2016

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Apoplexy posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're new here, aren't ya. YES. HE DOES THAT. IT'S NO JOKE. HE REALLY DOES THAT.

I am, yeah. Is there a particular reason why he'd do that?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Skyscraper posted:

Long story short, he carved out the only ”legit“ niche of loveline recordings through a combination of getting other sites DMCA'd by reporting them to Westwood and riding the coattails of others. He's got a crazy persecution complex and pretty much has the loveline community (for lack of a better term) by the balls.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

WEH posted:

Long story short, he carved out the only ”legit“ niche of loveline recordings through a combination of getting other sites DMCA'd by reporting them to Westwood and riding the coattails of others. He's got a crazy persecution complex and pretty much has the loveline community (for lack of a better term) by the balls.
Ha ha, wow, that's amazingly lovely. I'm glad I got all the recordings back in 2006.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Skyscraper posted:

Ha ha, wow, that's amazingly lovely. I'm glad I got all the recordings back in 2006.

He got access to a bunch of lost tapes/studio recordings and is insisting on portioning them out with stupid intros and ads. Someone had a torrent of the shows with the ads/intro scrubbed and he threatened to close shop if it kept up, but since he's probably making some form of money from doing the podcast nothing came if it.

WEH fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 13, 2016

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Skyscraper posted:

I hope they're in a safety deposit box because he will burn down your house if he finds out you have his intro-less shows.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
soup fan giovanni here

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

WEH posted:

He got access to a bunch of lost tapes/studio recordings and is insisting on portioning them out with stupid intros and ads. Someone had a torrent of the shows with the ads/intro scrubbed and he threatened to close shop if it kept up, but since he's probably making some form of money from doing the podcast nothing came if it.

Oooh, I should look for that, if they're not just the automatic show uploads from back in the day. I imagine it'll be even less of a threat once he uploads them all.

Jubs posted:

I hope they're in a safety deposit box because he will burn down your house if he finds out you have his intro-less shows.
:v:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Skyscraper posted:

Oooh, I should look for that, if they're not just the automatic show uploads from back in the day. I imagine it'll be even less of a threat once he uploads them all.

:v:

Did you get yours from the ~60GB torrent posted in GBS about a decade ago, like I did? Those have no intros, but they're missing the newer "lost" episodes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Skyscraper posted:

(read bottom up)

@lovelinestream was my site but he's sicced the Westwood One lawyers on all other Loveline fan sites.

unclepenny posts here though and he's a cool dude it seems.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

criscodisco posted:

Did you get yours from the ~60GB torrent posted in GBS about a decade ago, like I did? Those have no intros, but they're missing the newer "lost" episodes.

Oh, no, I got them as they came out, I forget where, but they had all the commercials in them. Those were the days, right up until they weren't.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I read these like they're said in the voice of IRON SHEIK.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He's completely loving insane, it's probably gonna end the same way the situation with David Spade's assistant did, all attempted murderery

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Haha what the gently caress someone cared enough about David Spade to try to kill him? Plus how hard could it possibly be to kill David Spade?

Someone should have just introduced him to a bipolar blond.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

FCKGW posted:

(read bottom up)

@lovelinestream was my site but he's sicced the Westwood One lawyers on all other Loveline fan sites.

unclepenny posts here though and he's a cool dude it seems.

Oh hey, classic internet crazy! Like from back in the day!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I wonder if he's killed himself now that there's no loveline. Is he still around sucking Adam's dick?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

criscodisco posted:

Haha what the gently caress someone cared enough about David Spade to try to kill him? Plus how hard could it possibly be to kill David Spade?

Someone should have just introduced him to a bipolar blond.

Listen to Spade's interview on WTF, genuinely good episode and the bit at the end when he describes the attempted murder is quite tense.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Honestly, I like David Spade. He wasn't bad on Just Shoot Me, and he was great on SNL and in Tommy Boy and Black Sheep.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah I was just being mean. He consistently makes me laugh and he was a good guest on LL.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Jubs posted:

The questions on the TV show might be weirder than the radio show.

Caller: My BF's penis is shedding skin.

Adam: Maybe he's molting like a snake. :v:

Caller: That's what he said!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

NEW ROCK ALTERNATIVE NEW ROCK ALTERNATIVE NEW ROCK ALTERNATIVE NEW ROCK ALTERNATIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
That's it.

Ok. I can't loving stand this guy anymore. Adam, what the gently caress. That guest cohost that cackles like Jaba the Hut's muppet pet was killing me, the now constant mention of Trump, which I am just tired of hearing about, negative or positive, the casual racism; none of that was enough.

Today, I was listening to the Freakonomics podcast, and it was about how women and men both have inborn bias in the way we perceive women, and the way women are less likely to guess at awnsers than men, and so on and so on glass ceiling stuff that was really though provoking and interesting, then my phone pops up the next Adam and Drew podcast, Gurley Commercial, and Adam just launches into this really stupid rant about how successful business women are not attractive. It was totally the contrast that did it. I feel like I just lawst sum smart.

I'm done.
I'm out of this thread and taking the subscription out of my phone.

Thanks for allowing me to share my nostalgia about Loveline, a surprisingly formative part of my youth.

• Locked thread