Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I had KFC last year for the first time in a maybe a decade and it was poo poo.

We should change our immigration focus to only let in Asian street food vendors IMO.

e: and make roadside food stalls tax exempt.
e2: I also propose significant government investment in promoting American barbecue. Vote NZ Food Party 2017!!

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Needs more Mediterranean cuisine.
A souvlaki shop on every corner!

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

Also South/Central American. I've only ever been to one place in NZ that serves arepas and how can we trust the people to make good decisions in a democracy unless they've been properly informed?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oooh, ooh, can we get Russia stuff too? I've been dying for a good borscht.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I had KFC last year for the first time in a maybe a decade and it was poo poo.

We should change our immigration focus to only let in Asian street food vendors IMO.

e: and make roadside food stalls tax exempt.
e2: I also propose significant government investment in promoting American barbecue. Vote NZ Food Party 2017!!

Those policies seem sound, I'd vote for you.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Varkk posted:

Needs more Mediterranean cuisine.
A souvlaki shop on every corner!

Yes. Hopefully including pork souvlaki, because I went to Greece last year and discovered that pork is the perfect souvlaki meat, but I've only ever seen the places here serving chicken or lamb.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Ratios and Tendency posted:

If you're in Auckland (or Hamilton apparently?), try the night markets if you haven't already. It's the closest thing you're get to street food in NZ.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

NZ pol thread's the most active and passionate it's been in a while and it's KFC delivery chat. Never change, goons :allears:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Xik posted:

If you're in Auckland (or Hamilton apparently?), try the night markets if you haven't already. It's the closest thing you're get to street food in NZ.

My local country pub started doing curries if that counts.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Wafflecopper posted:

NZ pol thread's the most active and passionate it's been in a while and it's KFC delivery chat. Never change, goons :allears:

The last multi page discussion this thread had was about whether there should be pickles on burgers.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Dragonstoned posted:

The last multi page discussion this thread had was about whether there should be pickles on burgers.

All those people who wouldn't accept that "Yes" was the correct answer.

Someone needs run a service where they'll intercept burgers that don't have a pickle, put one in then deliver it to you.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nah we need a service that intercepts KFC deliveries and swaps all KFC products for pickle-loaded burgers.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xik posted:

Oh sweet! They have a longer opening hours now where I live so I can go there after sports.

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad
It looks like they completely killed the Onehunga market? It was definitely struggling after they changed the day, but sad to see it go completely.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm not gonna order KFC because they don't put pickles in their burgers

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

It's probably such a big deal for KFC because they'll have to hire people old enough to drive to deliver stuff, as opposed to the youth-rate earners who normally staff the restaurants.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mirthdefect posted:

It's probably such a big deal for KFC because they'll have to hire people old enough to drive to deliver stuff, as opposed to the youth-rate earners who normally staff the restaurants.

I've noticed that, despite being in the same market and having the same workforce as mcd's and all the rest, KFC's quality fluctuates wildly shift-to-shift and place to place compared to the other major junk food restaurants.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I've noticed that, despite being in the same market and having the same workforce as mcd's and all the rest, KFC's quality fluctuates wildly shift-to-shift and place to place compared to the other major junk food restaurants.

Same but possibly because I only get KFC once every 8 months or so when I forget why I don't buy it more often.

I generally remember why I don't buy it regularly about two bites into the first bit of greasemeat.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Given the likely sample size involved this is almost certainly true.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I don't actually eat chicken so I'm basing this entirely on their delicious fries which only ever come in two varieties: perfectly crisp and fluffy and light and ever so slightly salted, or soggy, flaccid, half-cooked and doused with eye-searing clumps of salt. They're never just average, it's always heaven or garbage.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32660338380.html

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Orders: 9
96.4% satisfied.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

absolutely owned

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Nah we need a service that intercepts KFC deliveries and swaps all KFC products for pickle-loaded burgers.

What if we could make a burger that was nothing but pickles?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

What if we could make a burger that was nothing but pickles?

Everything in moderation you sick bastard, I'll bet you like double downs and bunless burgers and other abhorrent poo poo.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'd just like to point out that Terry Teo is fantastic, so far as a family show goes.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Did he use it as a facial cleanser too, or what's going on there?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Apparently there were renovations going on, and a tradie left it in the bathroom.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The headline makes it sound like this was something he was intentionally doing.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

The headline makes it sound like this was something he was intentionally doing.

Trying to silence his conscience permanently perhaps

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

I accidentally picked up a bottle of Dettol instead of mouthwash once.

Cant recommend.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Apparently there were renovations going on, and a tradie left it in the bathroom.

The only way this story makes sense is if the tradie was storing paint stripper in a mouthwash bottle. Or if Nick Smith was so drunk at the time he thought drinking paint stripper was a good idea.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The easiest answer is often the best: that Nick Smith is an idiot.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Trevor Mallard is going to run for speaker, which is good because I won't have to vote for him.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11680786

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Haha you live in the Hutt

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Everywhere is poo poo.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hopefully Labour puts up a candidate that can keep Chris Bishop out of an electorate seat. Its probably inevitable, but the closer he gets to power the less hope I have that anything good exists in NZ

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

fong posted:

Hopefully Labour puts up a candidate that can keep Chris Bishop out of an electorate seat. Its probably inevitable, but the closer he gets to power the less hope I have that anything good exists in NZ

I mean... he's already an MP? He's probably less objectionable than the kid they parachuted into Clutha-Southland, anyway.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
In 2014 Labour won 38% of electorate seats but only 27.5% of the party vote. They need as many as they can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Everywhere is poo poo.

Yes but some places are useful fertiliser and some places are just poop piles

• Locked thread