Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*me and my bretheren playing mei dressed up as us in agame and winning and typing "in our culture, we have 50 words for salt"*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

which tribe's colors is she wearing and how many of them survive today?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I think certain characters should only be allowed 1 to a team. Like Bastion, Trolbjorn and Mei

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Kill: Cultural Appropriations
gently caress: Mexican Reaper
Marry: A white lady (Mercy or Tracer)

I was crying so hard when I wrote this because Bastion is obviously derived from my home culture of Roboworld and I have not spoken in bleepdeepish for many cycles.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
my personal life is so hosed up and weird and hopeless that i have to depend on this drawing of tracer and the purple lady doing the nasty in order to maintain some kind of mental and spiritual balance

and now, i fear i shall have a panic attack if lucio and mcree don't play footsie with one another in the hollywood level

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wish my wife was purple too

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
chrome ninja

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Most of the time I forget that Symmetra exists, a bad character in a bad game

Actually, I think you'll find that Symmetra is good. Especially if you're good at placing her laser turrets where they aren't easily destroyed and where teammates will likely already be attacking enemies. Also her gun wrecks a lot of characters because you can just run around jumping and your gun will stay locked onto them.

Also according to her backstory she's an evil autist with OCD so I would think she'd be the SA mascot.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
come to think of it, Blizzard really just makes bad games lately:

Overwatch (bad)

Hearthstone (really bad)

Heroes of the Storm (actually worst)

Diablo 3 (playable after 40 patches, but man)

World of Warcraft (obviously)

and then Starcraft 2 was kinda good but in other ways they dropped the ball so hard they're paying for ceiling repairs six floors down

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I think I like Lucio better than Mercy now.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

new hero is a mom

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i like that all of the characters have a wide variety of ages and species and genders and they are mostly likeable (mostly) but i definitely got left behind at the station cause idk what propels people to care about any of them

all of the puff pieces about NEW OVERWATCH LORE and dumb fan theories do not mesh with the hilariously bad 'writing' for this game

:justpost: except play it is all this game was meant for

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

she can kill her daughter

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Lucio is awesome because it's like playing an Everquest bard who likes HGS.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

nigga crab pollock posted:

no you see everything is now a megaverse superobsession and if you don't dedicate the totality of yourself to the consumption and enjoyment of this new interactive media experience you aren't really living

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hahahahaha Battleborn is already on Humble Bundle, Overwatch owns

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

signalnoise posted:

Hahahahaha Battleborn is already on Humble Bundle, Overwatch owns

That's got to be some kind of a record

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I am totally and completely addicted to this game.

Plays so good on the PS4. Eat it master race!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Philthy posted:

I am totally and completely addicted to this game.

Plays so good on the PS4. Eat it master race!

fyi the master race poo poo is just tribalism/racism taken to a safe space, also overwatch is insanely bad wherever its played

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

fyi the master race poo poo is just tribalism/racism taken to a safe space, also overwatch is insanely bad wherever its played

PC is the light. Turn from your false gods.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

nigga crab pollock posted:

i like that all of the characters have a wide variety of ages and species and genders and they are mostly likeable (mostly) but i definitely got left behind at the station cause idk what propels people to care about any of them

all of the puff pieces about NEW OVERWATCH LORE and dumb fan theories do not mesh with the hilariously bad 'writing' for this game

No one cares about the writing

But like with tf2, the community has created a ton of art and comics and memes and stuff which makes it more fun and gives the game and characters a nice goofy lighthearted depth to it all

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
tf2 belongs in the garbage.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Possible ways in which Overwatch is Good:

* Useful as highly concentrated fertilizer?

* Massive sucking force might have scientific applications?

* Legal loophole allows forced Overwatch play to circumvent Geneva convention?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I love how Overwatch has a shitload of women characters you can play as.
TF2 has, what? Exactly zero vagina havers you can play as?

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
last 3 achievements are kicking my rear end (lucio and both zenyatta), I wouldn't mind so much if I actually enjoyed playing either but Lucio is pants on head and zen still melts like butter

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

zenyatta has really good survivability since the nerf, his health is the same as junkrat and stuff but he autoheals tons of it back

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
ya but unlike the rat you need to stay LOS to do anything and you have zero escapes if the other team notices you're a problem

a good pick against those godawful 3 tank turtle teams but otherwise there's easier ways to put points on the board

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

did they give lucio unlimited grind or is it just really long gridn

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

The Protagonist posted:

no you see everything is now a megaverse superobsession and if you don't dedicate the totality of yourself to the consumption and enjoyment of this new interactive media experience you aren't really living

But Blizzard marketed the game with a female on the box cover. That's a HUGE step!

No I've never head of Warcraft what is that

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

social vegan posted:

did they give lucio unlimited grind or is it just really long gridn

It is unlimited now!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

GenericOverusedName posted:

It is unlimited now!

i think this is a good choice and a good game even though I'm sour they didn't give mercy's buff the boost i like to not die whil ulting thank you good game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

wayne curr posted:

I love how Overwatch has a shitload of women characters you can play as.
TF2 has, what? Exactly zero vagina havers you can play as?

i thinkn they said the pyro was a chick

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i thinkn they said the pyro was a chick

the pyro's gender is deliberately ambiguous because Valve thought it was funnier that way

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Lol you people honestly talking about a bad game right now? Fuxkin piss off

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lol you people honestly talking about a bad game right now? Fuxkin piss off

uh we haven't even mentioned Battleborn in a while

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol someone found out 3 Anas can keep someone asleep long enough to idle out

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
lol. maybe doctor tim was right all along.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

social vegan posted:

lol someone found out 3 Anas can keep someone asleep long enough to idle out
Sounds funny, but impractical

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Germstore posted:

lol. maybe doctor tim was right all along.

:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Dentist Whatley, tell me what a good game is.

• Locked thread