Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you do, you do. Glue it back together and after you paint over it no one will ever know the difference.

I'd be more worried about the plastic bending and warping before it breaks, personally. That's what's a pain in the rear end to fix. Though if it's good and cold it should (hopefully) be brittle enough that it'll snap without warping. Clean breaks aren't too bad to fix, stretchy lovely plastic is like impossible to fix without just cutting that part out and green stuffing something new together.

You could always try clipping the shoulder pad off and just accepting that you'll take a chunk of the shoulder with it.

E: Post pictures of the Chimera, people might be able help you fix it if we have pictures of what's wrong about it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Finally picked up a mk3 Menoth and Legion starter box. Definitely impressed with what they did with them, and I kinda wish PP would start using these colored plastics for their plastics from here out.

Anyway, I read the fiction in the faction booklets. I love how that fat bastard is a hateful piece of poo poo while Kryssa seems like a patriot eager to prove herself. I've never really read fluff before, is this pretty standard for PP?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Pros/cons of iron fang pikeman vs black b dragons? I think I'll generally plan on using the UA, not sure about the kovnik

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

w00tmonger posted:

Pros/cons of iron fang pikeman vs black b dragons? I think I'll generally plan on using the UA, not sure about the kovnik

Black dragons are more expensive but more self sufficient, regular ifp are better with support. I personally prefer defensive formation over iron zeal, but i play fast moving, aggressive lists. Relentless charge is also very important. It depends entirely on what you want the unit to do for you.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I snagged the MK2 Legion box on clearance so I could get more experience with assembling PP minis and potentially be able to square off with 2-player battle box factions. Does anyone know any fun tricks and interplay that can come up between the Bolt Thrower, Neraph, and Carnivean?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Finally picked up a mk3 Menoth and Legion starter box. Definitely impressed with what they did with them, and I kinda wish PP would start using these colored plastics for their plastics from here out.

Anyway, I read the fiction in the faction booklets. I love how that fat bastard is a hateful piece of poo poo while Kryssa seems like a patriot eager to prove herself. I've never really read fluff before, is this pretty standard for PP?

The colored plastics are a step down from their usual models in terms of detail and general quality. They're nice enough but they definitely used a little bit cheaper plastic to get the cost down

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm thinking about running this the next time I play. Thoughts?
75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Deathripper - PC: 6
- Shrike - PC: 6

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Soul Trapper - PC: 1
Warwitch Siren - PC: 4
Machine Wraith - PC: 2

Steelhead Riflemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 14
Satyxis Gunslingers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 07/24/2016 23:59:19
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Bee posted:

I snagged the MK2 Legion box on clearance so I could get more experience with assembling PP minis and potentially be able to square off with 2-player battle box factions. Does anyone know any fun tricks and interplay that can come up between the Bolt Thrower, Neraph, and Carnivean?

Bolt Thrower knocks something down, Carnivean beats the tar out of it.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Literally The Worst posted:

The colored plastics are a step down from their usual models in terms of detail and general quality. They're nice enough but they definitely used a little bit cheaper plastic to get the cost down

I'm not sure this is true. The coloured Jacks in my Battle Box were(to my eyes anyway) almost identical to the others I have bought. Maddox seemed to have less sharp detail but that could just be mold issues or something.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

I'm not sure this is true. The coloured Jacks in my Battle Box were(to my eyes anyway) almost identical to the others I have bought. Maddox seemed to have less sharp detail but that could just be mold issues or something.

I had the same feeling. Now that they're painted my jacks are indistinguishable, but Agathia still has a flat muddy face and details.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
For what its worth, PP said that the mk3 bb colored plastic is the same mix as their normal plastic with something to color added. Any issues are most likely from wear on the restic molds, which are not as durable as the forced injection polystyrene molds that they have started using on a few models.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Floppychop posted:

Bolt Thrower knocks something down, Carnivean beats the tar out of it.

That basically seems like the most sound strategy possible.

Factoring in throws, animus use, and the bolt thrower's knockback, how theoretically far could I stick an out of position model into a mob of shredders? It'd probably never actually come up, but man would it be a fun gimmick.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Khisanth Magus posted:

For what its worth, PP said that the mk3 bb colored plastic is the same mix as their normal plastic with something to color added. Any issues are most likely from wear on the restic molds, which are not as durable as the forced injection polystyrene molds that they have started using on a few models.

For Cryx at least, the caster is definitely a different blend than the warjacks. With the jacks, you can scrape moldlines clean, but the softer material in the caster feathers when you try to clean it up.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Saalkin posted:

I'm thinking about running this the next time I play. Thoughts?
75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Harrower - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Shrike - PC: 6

Pistol Wraith - PC: 5
Machine Wraith - PC: 2

Satyxis Gunslingers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7

---

GENERATED : 07/24/2016 23:59:19
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

This makes me angry just looking at it. Good work.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

moths posted:

For Cryx at least, the caster is definitely a different blend than the warjacks. With the jacks, you can scrape moldlines clean, but the softer material in the caster feathers when you try to clean it up.

I doubt it's actually a different blend. It's probably just good ole fashion manufacturing inconsistency.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's what I thought at first, but it seems to consistent throughout the (small number) of starter boxes I've handled. The casters just seem to have more 'spring' to them than the jacks.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I think the colored restic just looks like it's less detailed because it is slightly more translucent. Once primed it's on par with the usual grey.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Friendly Fire posted:

I agree, I had most of the MK3 Battle Box models previously, and they're pretty close to the same as the grey restic, or in the case of my shredders, I'd say the colored ones are actually better than the ones I got from the MK 2 box.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I had a few guns and such from the lhador bb that were a bit warped or droopy. Used pieces from a heavy warjack kit that i had left over

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Mine were in good condition. However, what are those faction and painting leaflets? Mine had the rulebook, dices, focus token, a template for a wall, the playmat and a cardboard ruler.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iceclaw posted:

Mine were in good condition. However, what are those faction and painting leaflets? Mine had the rulebook, dices, focus token, a template for a wall, the playmat and a cardboard ruler.

Uh, it's a booklet, it has about 5ish pages of fiction about your warcaster/warlock, an overview of the models in the box, a section on ideas on how to expand your Battle Box to 75 points, and a section on painting taken straight from the faction books in MK 2 give or take a section or two.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Okay. Either it's a mispack, or Victoria Games, which handles WMH's "translation" and distribution in my country blows even more than I thought. :(
Between that and that mispack from Guildball whose reimplacement parcel ended up being lost I think I'm kind of cursed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iceclaw posted:

Okay. Either it's a mispack, or Victoria Games, which handles WMH's "translation" and distribution in my country blows even more than I thought. :(
Between that and that mispack from Guildball whose reimplacement parcel ended up being lost I think I'm kind of cursed.

Unfortunately it's probably Victoria games then, the rulers here are the crappiest part of the box being a cheap flimsy plastic.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I just came back from the biggest german Team Tournament: the Heavy Metal Dayz. 6 rounds, 40-odd teams, 120 nerds. Amazing. They went all out and even made custom binders for every team, complete with cards for pairings, scoresheet, scenario packet and so on. All tightly organized and a lot of fun.

The main reason I post this: LISTS! 240 glorious lists!

and here's the faction/most-played caster list:

Surprisingly few Khador and Mercs. Unsurprisingly large amount of Caine2 and Wurmwood.

I was playing Caine2/Nemo3 (who I dropped once) and got two wins and four losses. A teammate of mine was playing a crazy assassination list that I'm pretty sure should not exist the way it does. He finished 4 of his 6 games in less than 10 minutes. It goes as follows:

Play Magnus1.
Shoot whatever the enemy caster is hiding behind with Taryn.
If needed, sight Stealthcasters with Reinholdt.
Shoot the caster or something nearby with the Renegades 14" RNG 4" Knockdown AOE, or use his Arcnode to cast Scourge (also knockdown) if feeling saucy.
Shoot the Caster with Eiryss1 to remove Focus or Fury.
Put Snipe on Galleon, Cast Fire Group, shoot on average 4 POW13 shots with 3 Focus to boost damage on your knockdown target at something like 25 loving inches.

It's insane. You need to space your caster very carefully, have a shieldguard on hand at just the right distance, or be Knockdown/shooting immune in order to survive it. Or hide behind a house/Forest all game, but even then he often found an angle. Nothing I've seen comes close. I think two of his opponents got assassinated top of 1 after barely leaving the deployment zone.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Luebbi posted:

I just came back from the biggest german Team Tournament: the Heavy Metal Dayz. 6 rounds, 40-odd teams, 120 nerds. Amazing. They went all out and even made custom binders for every team, complete with cards for pairings, scoresheet, scenario packet and so on. All tightly organized and a lot of fun.

The main reason I post this: LISTS! 240 glorious lists!

and here's the faction/most-played caster list:

Surprisingly few Khador and Mercs. Unsurprisingly large amount of Caine2 and Wurmwood.

I was playing Caine2/Nemo3 (who I dropped once) and got two wins and four losses. A teammate of mine was playing a crazy assassination list that I'm pretty sure should not exist the way it does. He finished 4 of his 6 games in less than 10 minutes. It goes as follows:

Play Magnus1.
Shoot whatever the enemy caster is hiding behind with Taryn.
If needed, sight Stealthcasters with Reinholdt.
Shoot the caster or something nearby with the Renegades 14" RNG 4" Knockdown AOE, or use his Arcnode to cast Scourge (also knockdown) if feeling saucy.
Shoot the Caster with Eiryss1 to remove Focus or Fury.
Put Snipe on Galleon, Cast Fire Group, shoot on average 4 POW13 shots with 3 Focus to boost damage on your knockdown target at something like 25 loving inches.

It's insane. You need to space your caster very carefully, have a shieldguard on hand at just the right distance, or be Knockdown/shooting immune in order to survive it. Or hide behind a house/Forest all game, but even then he often found an angle. Nothing I've seen comes close. I think two of his opponents got assassinated top of 1 after barely leaving the deployment zone.

Are the results posted anywhere?

Skorne tied for 4th most played faction with Ret is rather satisfying to see after all the :derp: on the internet about them.

EDIT: You're attempt to show the faction breakdown doesn't work, page5.de doesn't let you link attachments like that.

For anyone not logged into page5.de:

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 25, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How did Cygnar make out in mkIII? I quit playing a few months before the eHaley nerf.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fadam posted:

How did Cygnar make out in mkIII? I quit playing a few months before the eHaley nerf.

Like bandits? Gunlines are pretty much the king of mk3 right now, and no one does a gunline quite like Cygnar. Caine2 is probably the most powerful warcaster in the game right now. Sloan is also really powerful, and the Haleys are still ball busters. Trenchers are now bonkers good and make Cygnar no longer need to be Mercnar.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Like bandits? Gunlines are pretty much the king of mk3 right now, and no one does a gunline quite like Cygnar. Caine2 is probably the most powerful warcaster in the game right now. Sloan is also really powerful, and the Haleys are still ball busters. Trenchers are now bonkers good and make Cygnar no longer need to be Mercnar.

Trenchers and Caine were the reason I chose Cygnar to begin with so that's all very exciting to me. What do people think of the new caster?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

Trenchers and Caine were the reason I chose Cygnar to begin with so that's all very exciting to me. What do people think of the new caster?

Maddox is good if you like fun, instead of being a gunline shitlord

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gunlines are very fun imo. What kind of lists are people running?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Gunlines are fun? No offense but I hate you.

Edit: Jerk.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
gunlines are lame and so are you if you run them

seriously how can you go "hrm i could stand back here and shoot across the board or i could get up in there and play rock em sock em robots" and turn down rock em sock em robots

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Magres posted:

gunlines are lame and so are you if you run them

seriously how can you go "hrm i could stand back here and shoot across the board or i could get up in there and play rock em sock em robots" and turn down rock em sock em robots

People have been playing zoners in fighting games for years bro. Keep away can be fun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I actually love running against gunlines because i jam def 20 eliminators into them top of turn 2. Eaaaat shiiiiit cygnar.

[quote="fadam" post=""462476789"]Keep away can be fun.
[/quote]

For 1 of 2 players

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

For 1 of 2 players

Yeah this basically

Keep away strats are contingent on preventing your opponent from playing or engaging with the game as much as possible and if they ever actually get to play the game and do things and have fun then you lose. Like the ideal gunline scenario is blowing your opponent off the board before they get to you, so their game then consists of "I run all my stuff forward. I lose a bunch of pieces. I run all my stuff forward again. Oh, everything's dead before I got to make any attacks? Okay, good game"

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 25, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What did they change in MKIII that makes gunlines so much better? Just premeasuring? Is Steamroller still objective based?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fadam posted:

What did they change in MKIII that makes gunlines so much better? Just premeasuring? Is Steamroller still objective based?

Premeasuring making it safter, buffs to several gunline casters, buffs to gunline units like trenchers, can't toe into terrain for defensive bonuses vs ranged.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gannyGrabber posted:

Maddox is good if you like fun, instead of being a gunline shitlord

She has snipe she can run a gun line just fine. Cygnar4lyfe

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

If gunlines are a massive problem in a meta it just means that people aren't using enough terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's not about being a 'problem' so much as it's just boring. Run a melee/shooty mix and you get better games.

S.J. posted:

She has snipe she can run a gun line just fine. Cygnar4lyfe

She also likes thing like storm knights which are good and also interesting to play against. I've only played cygnar thrice in mk3: twice it was a full gunline which i poo poo all over, and once it was maddox with knights and electroleaps and other good poo poo. He tabled everything except half a vlad and behemoth and i barely squeezed out a kill on him.