Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Alteisen posted:

Hey could you add a V to the end of your GIF there? It makes the GIF a lot more optimized and the threads loads a lot faster.

It doesn't work with image tags then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum
The browsers and forum apps inline them now, you don't even have to use tags

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
After spending all this week trying to get a god roll on the IB pulse rifle, I get a rank up package from Variks that has a Send It/Full Auto/Counterbalance pulse rifle in it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Plan C, you should have had two shots fired. Blame yourself.

:lol:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fuuuuuck me had 4 games tonight where I threw up a 2 or 3 clanger and still only won or lost by 200 or so points.

If diamond 1 in ELO why the gently caress am I stuck with cunts getting a .3 kd and 0 captures? Every game, two or three redbars glitching around.

Sweating my balls out just to lose by a kill or two. So frustrating.

All I wanted was one usable waylorans couldnt get one to drop.

At least the boots and arms I got are useful.

Ironbanner.txt

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 25, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I got:

6 gloves
3 boots
4 ghosts

No weapons at all.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

BlindSite posted:

Fuuuuuck me had 4 games tonight where I threw up a 2 or 3 clanger and still only won or lost by 200 or so points.

If diamond 1 in ELO why the gently caress am I stuck with cunts getting a .3 kd and 0 captures? Every game, two or three redbars glitching around.

Bungie is using you to balance out everyone else in the match. Your experience dosent matter to them, only how your performance fits their player retention formula means anything.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

cvnvcnv posted:

Plan C, you should have had two shots fired. Blame yourself.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

All I wanted was one usable waylorans couldnt get one to drop.

At least the boots and arms I got are useful.

Ironbanner.txt

Yeah i couldn't make it on either dude. You buy the vendor wealorans?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

sunday at work posted:

Bungie is using you to balance out everyone else in the match. Your experience dosent matter to them, only how your performance fits their player retention formula means anything.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Got a weylorans with Shortgaze snapshot Grenadier and hot swap. I'm in love with the viewtac though so maybe Ill get one today.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

sunday at work posted:

this is usually my experience except that i am average at best but often get matched up with 5 idiots against a team of 5 idiots and one decent player. it comes down to how well i do against/avoid the decent player

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Roman posted:

this is usually my experience except that i am average at best but often get matched up with 5 idiots against a team of 5 idiots and one decent player. it comes down to how well i do against/avoid the decent player

Same. The only real variety I get is when I get stomped a couple matches in a row with no idiots on the other team, presumably to keep my amazing 1.5 k/d in check.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 25, 2016

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

sunday at work posted:

Quote isn't edit

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Ive seen a few judith d and first curses this IB i really dont get the attraction.

The Judith can two shot the lower light level players. If you damage someone enough before they get behind cover, the explosive rounds can finish them off. Plus the explosions do the same amount of damage regardless of range.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This dude kept trying to jump snipe the entire match. He was so insistent on it I just had to wait opposite of the cap being taken from us and just wait. ~pop~

http://i.imgur.com/KvRcgVG.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wjQVTl0.gifv

I'm seriously considering collecting the gear to go 5/2/5 on my Gunslinger since Bungie decided tripmines needed to be nerfed into the loving ground and I still need a way of countering shotgun belligerence.

http://i.imgur.com/iSDc4Yc.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/LKQnKLX.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/CmIsolL.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/u88dce5.gifv

It's not nearly as effective but it's honestly the only option the subclass has now unless I want to spend the entire match hardscoping 8 billion miles out. bee tee dubs, don't even bother with Incidieary Blade. It only procs maybe 50% of the time and when it does it amounts to 4 ticks of 1 damage. I think I killed one person with DoT over the entire course of IB.

Speaking of IB:

1 character to 5
6 gloves
8 boots
2 Nirwens
3 Weylorans (all garbage rolls)

The vendor Nirwens is a PvE workhorse.
The vendor Weylorans is garbage. Max stability or bust.

One of the two Nirwens did drop like this though

It's got the range to spare with HLS and max stability + FLA5 + double damage boosters = tits

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 25, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best shotgun counter I've come up with is a bullet hose and fusion rifle combo. They're the only things out there that have a consistent chance to kill a shotgun rusher before they close to OHK range.

Each weapon works differently though, fusions are better for sliders because you just arc your bolts downwards and should be able to roast them. But the AR is better at range.

Omnipresent strikers are a hilarious counter too. Was rolling with four titans yesterday, all of us had armamentarium on. Routes were constantly blanketed in lightning and rushers didn't have a chance.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rank 5 and the only nirwens I got was the vendor one I bought.
Thanks for that poo poo ghost and ironwreath with last resort saladin.

5 solo games today, and 4 losses.
Almost 5, cause the randoms on shores of time just really wanted to blow a 4k point lead trying to loving take the A point for a triple cap.
I can no longer solo queue, as the game now considers me 'good'.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I love fusion rifles and they are the only other special I would use as much as a sniper but they have one huge problem. The second the game see's a red bar anywhere in a match their hit detection goes to poo poo.

It's me, the guy in the party room on Twilight Gap wrecking your poo poo with a Thesan.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's me, the guy in the party room on Twilight Gap wrecking your poo poo with a Thesan.

Thesan is cool and good but I tend towards my Ashraven's these days because it gets 7 rounds from every special crate. :v:

After the 9 minute mark I can main that fucker the rest of the game if I want.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Ashravens also sounds cooler

VOOP

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
^^ Truly. ^^

I got an Elevating Vision from the gold package, man, all these fusions

DrPorkChop
Oct 1, 2002
Time to get in on the throwing knife kills.

http://i.imgur.com/R2jferG.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Panic blade dancers are the loving best.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I need to understand what the gently caress his plan was there.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwAVpTW8RMM

1) my new bumblebee outfit owns
2) i'm normally the guy that snipes from courtyard into B but I decided to not miss out on all the fun
3) weirdest 5 kill streak ever :stare:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty accurate b capture on Bannerfall tbh

e: VV I love it.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 25, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
still laughing at that dumb hunter that whiffed with his UR

"what? don't they usually fall over dead?"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

One of the two Nirwens did drop like this though

It's got the range to spare with HLS and max stability + FLA5 + double damage boosters = tits

headseeker and ghf barely do anything on that archetype

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

IB drops felt pretty steady to me, but I attribute a lot of that to delaying hitting rank 5 until today. It kept ghosts out of the pool and I got several drops. No god roll weapons but a bunch of infusion bait which I was running low on anyways.

I also got two primary exotic engrams which are super rare for me (it's almost always heavy or helmets) so that should be nice to have in my pocket when ROI launches.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

headseeker and ghf barely do anything on that archetype
Really? That' a bummer.

xzzy posted:

I also got two primary exotic engrams which are super rare for me (it's almost always heavy or helmets) so that should be nice to have in my pocket when ROI launches.
I thought I was going to bank engrams but my vault is stuffed to the brim on weapons. Literally out of space and using alts to shuffle poo poo around. I'm actually out of things to 335 so I just parked my 3oC count at 200 and am just sitting on on strange coins.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Not pictured that's also 335
- All class specific weapons (Ace of Spaces, Susanoo, etc)
- 335 purp swords as heavy place holders
- Terminus, Truth, Ash Factory
- 3 whatever guns in each class @ 335 for future fodder on my alts

I need more vault space, Bungie. :cry:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Not pictured that's also 335
- All class specific weapons (Ace of Spaces, Susanoo, etc)
- 335 purp swords as heavy place holders
- Terminus, Truth, Ash Factory
- 3 whatever guns in each class @ 335 for future fodder on my alts

I need more vault space, Bungie. :cry:

Did you 335 some of that stuff just for the gently caress of it?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:hellyeah:

http://i.imgur.com/830fkiP.gifv

E fixed

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Did you 335 some of that stuff just for the gently caress of it?

If I could 335 that Calcutta I would. :colbert:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

savage af

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looking at that again, I'm seriously amazed I didn't just shoot my teammate.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game is great for solo queuing today. I keep getting matched against full parties, and laggers tea-bag me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
Is there some good explanation of how exactly infusion works since the April update?

Do the attribute bonuses of the infused armor increase along with the power level or what?

• Locked thread