Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No dial but :eyepop: Old Teroch is kind of insane(Range 1 and in arc discard all focus/evade tokens), and Fearlessness is 1 point for an extra die set to hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Old Teroch :stonk:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

There are suggestions that they are going to get something on the line of A-Wings/Inties/FOs

quote:

With a maneuver dial remarkably similar to that of the TIE interceptor or TIE/fo fighter, the Protectorate Starfighter would seem a natural fit for the same sort of arc-dodging tactics employed by the Imperial aces who fly those fighters.

Also the picture shows a 3 hard turn followed by a boost/barrel roll combo. Green 3 hard turn? Possible.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
If it truly has a dial comparable to TIE/IN, I'm in like Fenn.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Tekopo posted:

There are suggestions that they are going to get something on the line of A-Wings/Inties/FOs

Also the picture shows a 3 hard turn followed by a boost/barrel roll combo. Green 3 hard turn? Possible.

I really hope not. I'd much rather have green 2's or 1's.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Old Teroch is good but he isn't as good as Carnor Jax. He has one more condition to fulfill and it only affects one ship. Carnor is strictly better.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Beat me to it dangit! Good post please begin discussion!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The difference between Carnor and old teroch is that Carnor only blocks things while he's alive.

Kill him and suddenly all your tokens are available again.

Teroch just discards them entirely.

I think Carnor is probably a little better, but Teroch is still scary.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The protectorate fighter is basically the Randy Quaid expansion pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirVtiJuvDs

I definitely dig that FFG is finding ways to allow you to fly these ships really differently.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

The difference between Carnor and old teroch is that Carnor only blocks things while he's alive.

Kill him and suddenly all your tokens are available again.

Teroch just discards them entirely.

I think Carnor is probably a little better, but Teroch is still scary.
It's just the extra restrictions on Old Teroch, especially the fact that you have to have him in your arc in order for the effect to trigger. If that wasn't there, Old Teroch would probably be comparable to Carnor.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Teroch also counters Comm Relay while his ability is active. Carnor won't let them use it but they won't have to spend another action to get it back.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

No, Teroch does not require that the ship be in his arc, only that he be in the enemy ship's arc. You guys are thinking of the title.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

No, Teroch does not require that the ship be in his arc, only that he be in the enemy ship's arc. You guys are thinking of the title.
That's what I meant, although the sentence I used sounded ambiguous. It's still a restriction that limits it's effectiveness. Carnor doesn't care what side you are facing, you are still not using tokens if you are at range 1. With Old Teroch you have the added 'get out' clause of not getting him into your arc, which Carnor doesn't have.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Well, guess I'm buying 2 of the Fang Fighters.

Old Teroch and Fenn are going to crazy fun to fly. Have someone chase down Teroch, he takes all their tokens away, Fenn shoots their unmodified ship in the dick.

edit: Oh man, Fearlessness adds the die to to your firing arc, not just primary firing arc. That could be crazy on the Firespray or YV-666.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 25, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If someone is smart, they'll either save Old Teroch for last or alpha strike him if able. No one is going to put him in their arc if they have a choice.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
FFG trying to court Scum players into buying more ships and it'll work. I might even dabble since I already have the Starviper, might nab Most Wanted and then these two Fangies.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

enigmahfc posted:

Old Teroch and Fenn are going to crazy fun to fly. Have someone chase down Teroch, he takes all their tokens away, Fenn shoots their unmodified ship in the dick.

edit: Oh man, Fearlessness adds the die to to your firing arc, not just primary firing arc. That could be crazy on the Firespray or YV-666.

Shame it's Scum only. That would be absurd on 4 dice primary ships like the Ghost or TIE Phantom :getin:

I'm actually really pleased with all 3 of the unique pilots. Getting 2 focus tokens after pulling a K turn sounds like a good time. Old Teroch is going to be so much fun against token heavy aces.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyoneer posted:

Shame it's Scum only. That would be absurd on 4 dice primary ships like the Ghost or TIE Phantom :getin:

I'm actually really pleased with all 3 of the unique pilots. Getting 2 focus tokens after pulling a K turn sounds like a good time. Old Teroch is going to be so much fun against token heavy aces.

Remember that the Protectorate Fighter has a 2 T-Roll.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

enigmahfc posted:

I'll buy one and turn my scyks around backwards if I want to fly more.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
VI old Teroch + 2 uboats with a 97 bid seems like a pretty good anti-meta list. Teroch really ruins Dengaroos day, ditto Scouts and tokened up aces.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hell you cab slap opportunist on him

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Teroch will be quite nice against PWT turret ships. Out of arc will mean that AT kicks in, in arc and don't have tokens.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'll buy one and turn my scyks around backwards if I want to fly more.

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors but I think that FFG's got a Syck sense of humor...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I vote that Fenn Rau be shortened to Frau or lengthened to Frauline.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Can't wait to see the spoilers for the shadow caster so that rebel players can fully comprehend what a loving lovely deal they got out of Wave IX :suicide:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If someone is smart, they'll either save Old Teroch for last or alpha strike him if able. No one is going to put him in their arc if they have a choice.

Toss VI on him and most ships don't get a choice.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Tekopo posted:

Can't wait to see the spoilers for the shadow caster so that rebel players can fully comprehend what a loving lovely deal they got out of Wave IX :suicide:

There's always Heroes of the Resistance :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Where was the card going to be that was speculated to turn YT (whitey?) freighters into Scum ships? I want Dash + Old T-dawg RIGHT MEOW

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So basically VI Old Teroch is "gently caress arc dodgers really, really hard" in ship form? You don't even have to get shots on them, just end up in front of them. He's more durable than Carnor, too, and has more reliable defense with the title.

Fearlessness does exactly what we thought it did, and I'm still really disappointed in it. If you polled a hundred X-wing players and asked what Scum needed more of, I'd put money on "more offense" being near the bottom of the list. Especially since it's both non-unique, and available to every ship. And not limited to primary attacks.

Go Rebels. :smith:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I vote that Fenn Rau be shortened to Frau or lengthened to Frauline.

:agreed: I'm calling Old Teroch Model T.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 25, 2016

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Finster Dexter posted:

Where was the card going to be that was speculated to turn YT (whitey?) freighters into Scum ships? I want Dash + Old T-dawg RIGHT MEOW

It just adds an illicit slot to the freighters, sadly.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TaurusTorus posted:

It just adds an illicit slot to the freighters, sadly.

drat drat drat

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

This is not having seen heroes of the resistance, but there's definitely the undertone that Alex Davy really likes the scum faction and gives them the neatest mechanics and FFG does not have a really similar(or any at all) design direction for rebels. Imperials sit somewhere in between.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Finster Dexter posted:

Smug Computers is in Heroes of the Resistance. It doesn't change the factions, it just gives them the Illicit slot and probably a singificant discount and/or extra mod slot worth 3 or less.

But yeah, the fang is Dead loving Sexy and cements Scum as 'joust aggressively' the faction.

And yeah, the height from which Rebels are being shat upon this wave is saddening :(

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

This is not having seen heroes of the resistance, but there's definitely the undertone that Alex Davy really likes the scum faction and gives them the neatest mechanics and FFG does not have a really similar(or any at all) design direction for rebels. Imperials sit somewhere in between.

Rebels have plenty of cool stuff, just not that works in the current meta. It's been a few months with only Imp Vets as a release since Jumpmasters launched. Rebels have had 3+ years of being a dominant faction with the only blip in that being Whisper at release. Scum have struggled since they were created, with only brobots as a long-standing list. Rebels will be strong again the instant Jumpmasters stop being quite so popular. They're already starting to creep back into top cuts a little.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

Rebels have plenty of cool stuff, just not that works in the current meta. It's been a few months with only Imp Vets as a release since Jumpmasters launched. Rebels have had 3+ years of being a dominant faction with the only blip in that being Whisper at release. Scum have struggled since they were created, with only brobots as a long-standing list. Rebels will be strong again the instant Jumpmasters stop being quite so popular. They're already starting to creep back into top cuts a little.

Lol Palpshuttles have been a thing for almost a year now and Soontir was the best ship in the game for a long time and still kicks serious rear end with Autothrusters. Whisper was completely dominant for months until the cloak FAQ.

Like what bizarro world do you live in where Rebels have been dominant for years? 4BZ was good and Double Falcons was frustrating as hell but it's been years since those have been actually dominant lists.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Like what bizarro world do you live in where Rebels have been dominant for years? 4BZ was good and Double Falcons was frustrating as hell but it's been years since those have been actually dominant lists.

What bizarro world do you live in where they HAVEN'T?

Don't conflate the under-performance of a specific ship (T65 X-Wing) with that of an entire faction.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Panzeh posted:

He did play scum at the tournament he attended here in England...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Sound off with your favorite theories on why the mouse won't let the good guys be the dominant faction in our favorite plastic spaceship game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

AndyElusive posted:

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Sound off with your favorite theories on why the mouse won't let the good guys be the dominant faction in our favorite plastic spaceship game.

Those always make me laugh.

This isn't Lucas and Darth Insanius relationship, I think.

• Locked thread