Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, he was suspended at the time of that draft but isn't anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
There are three former world champions on the active roster who didn't even get drafted on Smackdown. Though, to be fair, none of them headlined Wrestlemania.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ryosuki Taguchi should have a spot where he takes an atomic drop and it hurts the other guys knee.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

remusclaw posted:

Ryosuki Taguchi should have a spot where he takes an atomic drop and it hurts the other guys knee.

The Gooch will beat Okada for the title with this move

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

The Gooch will beat Okada for the title with this move

Only after a run-in from Arnold and Willis Jackson, the Young Bucks

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This Rolling Stone review of last night's PPV is just full of bad opinions. The highlights:

* He doesn't understand the Bayley "thing", thinks she should be turned heel, and says she "sucked all air out of the match"
* He thinks the Owens/Zayn match was ruined by the production values
* He thinks Enzo's promos are poor and that fans are too in-the-tank for NXT products

What the gently caress.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

surf rock posted:

This Rolling Stone review of last night's PPV is just full of bad opinions. The highlights:

* He doesn't understand the Bayley "thing", thinks she should be turned heel, and says she "sucked all air out of the match"
* He thinks Enzo's promos are poor and that fans are too in-the-tank for NXT products

What the gently caress.

stopped reading at "NXT marks got their Mojo on"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

surf rock posted:

What the gently caress.

:psyduck:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

surf rock posted:

What the gently caress.

There are some... gems?... in the quick remarks as well.

quote:

Don't rule out Xavier Woods defecting to Bray Wyatt soon.
Interesting that Natalya seems easier to push as a heel.
Move of the Night: Enjoyed Karl Anderson’s announce-table spine buster on Cena, and appreciated Cena being willing to receive it.
And of course an always classic "Does the writer realize that's his actual wife and not a kayfabe thing?" quip:

quote:

I still think the Miz should have ended up with Coral.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 25, 2016

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

What the gently caress.

This dude is not just a dingus, he is a TURBO dingus.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

SomeMathGuy posted:

And of course an always classic "Does the writer realize that's his actual wife and not a kayfabe thing?" quip:

of all the wrong that is in this article, fuckin love me some Coral.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Seriously, how can anyone hate Enzo and Cass? If it wasn't for that "no enhancements needed" line from Orton, they would've had the sickest burns of the night.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can see Enzo getting old over time, but even if he runs out of new material he's just so energetic and fun that it stands out completely from the often dull and drab WWE Universe (tm) I don't see how anyone could actively dislike him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I can see Enzo getting old over time, but even if he runs out of new material he's just so energetic and fun that it stands out completely from the often dull and drab WWE Universe (tm) I don't see how anyone could actively dislike him

Enzo dresses like the GoodWill store he sleeps behind got hit by a tornado. Excellent performer just don't expect him to put on a grappling clinic.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

beggar posted:

of all the wrong that is in this article, fuckin love me some Coral.
Greatest tag team partner of The Miz and it's not even close.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
wanting Bayley to turn heel is worse than anything ever posted on TNAmecca imo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I shamefully only follow NXT kind of sporadically (Takeovers, basically) so I kind of missed Enzo and Cass's run before the main product, but in the short time they've been on RAW and SD I've quickly grown convinced that they really are a total package. They're both very likeable and great in their own ways (which Cass successfully showed after Payback for a bit!) but they complete each other in a way that is really kind of magical. It's some good rear end poo poo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This dude is not just a dingus, he is a TURBO dingus.

Foochs, you're good people, but stop trying to make fetch happen. :wom:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

ParanoidInc posted:

wanting Bayley to turn heel is worse than anything ever posted on TNAmecca imo

I legit can't understand it. Like, I can imagine being lame and joyless enough that you say "I don't get Bayley, I don't think she's nearly good enough for a push", but like, where does the desire to turn her heel even begin

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Jenny Angel posted:

I legit can't understand it. Like, I can imagine being lame and joyless enough that you say "I don't get Bayley, I don't think she's nearly good enough for a push", but like, where does the desire to turn her heel even begin

The erroneous but not unfounded smark position of "heels are more interesting than faces" taken to its chilling, farcical extreme.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For the merch alone, face Bayley is a license to print money.

They already had a Bayley-esque character turn heel, and it was Alexa Bliss and she's awesome.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Realtalk I could imagine enjoying an angle where Bayley THINKS she's turned heel, like she talks about how she's tired of playing nice and you're gonna see a more vicious side of her, but then all her attempts at heeling are really sweet and charming and the fans continue to cheer the hell out of her

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

Realtalk I could imagine enjoying an angle where Bayley THINKS she's turned heel, like she talks about how she's tired of playing nice and you're gonna see a more vicious side of her, but then all her attempts at heeling are really sweet and charming and the fans continue to cheer the hell out of her

I want to see this, except that I don't think WWE could really get the nuance and it would just kill her character.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenny Angel posted:

Bayley as professor chaos would be great.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

The only other person I could see pushing that idea is Russo for his ridiculous obsession with swerving the audience regardless or whether it makes sense or not. With all the other stuff the Rolling Stone guy wrote though I just feel like they got someone almost completely devoid of wrestling knowledge to write about it. Like if EGM hired Roger Ebert back in the day to review games for them or aomething

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

The only other person I could see pushing that idea is Russo for his ridiculous obsession with swerving the audience regardless or whether it makes sense or not. With all the other stuff the Rolling Stone guy wrote though I just feel like they got someone almost completely devoid of wrestling knowledge to write about it. Like if EGM hired Roger Ebert back in the day to review games for them or aomething

Russo and his buddy Glenn would love the idea of Bayley as a bumbling heel who is actually a face.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Russo and his buddy Glenn would love the idea of Bayley as a bumbling heel who is actually a face.

I could see Disco booking out a fun 6 month thing where Bayley routinely fails to achieve peak heeldom(mostly via stealing ideas from Gwenpool comics) but Russo would have her pregnant and in a polyamorous love triangle with Nigel McGuinness and Jeff Jarrett.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
A face desperately trying and failing to be heel actually sounds fun, just not bayley.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
drat it I wish I had a link to that "They say Goku went super saiyan because he was a gentle spirit fueled by rage. I wonder what kind of transformation Bayley will undergo" post because it would be perfect for this discussion in this particular topic

(Please? I can't find it for the life of me)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

^^^ I also wanna see that post again. But now it's time for the BIG DAWG, THE GUY, ROMAN REIGNS!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

^^^ I also wanna see that post again. But now it's time for the BIG DAWG, THE GUY, ROMAN REIGNS!

If he's your favorite wrestler stick with him you fucks who aren't here. Goddamn it I did it with Ambrose. :mad:

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
Dean can come back from jobbing to Hatsune Miku

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Was the one mistake the one that makes the audience boo him relentlessly for two years?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Was the one mistake the one that makes the audience boo him relentlessly for two years?

His one mistake: Being Roman Reigns.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Dean can come back from jobbing to Hatsune Miku

miku is a crossover star though thats like jobbing to the rock

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Optimist with doubt posted:

A face desperately trying and failing to be heel actually sounds fun, just not bayley.

It'd probably work for Zayn. Turning him would be almost exactly like trying to turn Bryan was. He just came across as more aggressive, and the fans still loved him.

It'd be a waste, though, because Zayn is custom-made to be an enormous babyface.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Optimist with doubt posted:

They can feud with Bo Dallas, the face'est heel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Defiance Industries posted:

Coincidentally that was also in just two nights, in January 2015:

1/12: Magic Beeeeans promo
1/25: Winning the Rumble after Bryan was eliminated early

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

someone on Tumblr posted:

when did this idea that because you’re a technical wrestler you need to be a skinny little twink. look at benoit, angle, eddie, technical gods and they were all jacked to the gills. loving suzuki, he’s cut a lot of weight but he’s jacked and really tough looking while zsj looks like he should be dancing for pennies in front of truckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

There. I'm never losing this again.

Content: TNA has been so captivating lately that a lot of TNAMecca's latest chat thread looks like this:

(hey, at least one guy tangentially related by wanting to watch Impact on his Roku. Get those 3's and 7's up, you know.)