Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5681577252.html

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

Extra posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason so many craigslist ads are lovely with 0 information is because if you write enough detail about the thing you're selling it picks up on the CL filters and gets ghosted.

If my experience is everything to go by it's because the average buyer reads exactly none of the ad and just looks at the pictures (if that).

I had loads of fun selling a 1969 Mustang coupe. First iterations of my ad had tons of info in them. No one read them. They'd come see the car and ask questions answered in the ad.

I even had an old guy show up to look at it and be shocked to discover it was a manual transmission car. On Kijiji at least, the transmission type is spelled out in the little table of information that every car ad gets. That was a fun one. He kept grinding it trying to get in gear and stalled several times backing out of my driveway. I finally had to drive it for him. He didn't end up buying the car.

By the end I had almost nothing in the ad. I think it was 1 line long or something ("302, 4 barrel, 3 speed" something along those lines).

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

^^^haha! Similar experience when I sold my truck a few months ago, very detailed with all major maintenance listed with dates and mileage. Had length of ownership and reason for selling (I don't know but people ask).

Every other call goes "So tell me about the truck?"...like think of a question or something seriously. That being said, it was sold cash in hand in 5 hours.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

When I got rid of my 98 Jetta TDI, I had very much the same experience. I started with pictures detailing what was done to it, why it had a low price with an engine code and what needed to happen to get it road worthy again. By the end, it was just pictures followed by mechanic special or some poo poo with a price and somebody bought it in 2 days.

Roadtard
May 24, 2008

The Sonnensault
I think I may have found 14 inch's evil clone.

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/5652558577.html

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Imgur is being a poo poo so I'm just gonna put this link here, no image.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5692864597.html

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ishikabibble posted:

Oh man I'd love to have a go in that thing.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ishikabibble posted:

For anyone on the fence about clicking this link, the ad title is "ONE OF A KIND ROCKET, FIGHTER JET, AIRPLANE, MOTORCYCLE STREET LEGAL."

What I'm saying is, you should click this link.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

ishikabibble posted:

quote:

INTERNATIONAL BUYERS WELCOME! I can be reached at (76O) 805-8O38. If you want a one of a kind, show winning, draw the biggest crowd anywhere you take it, non-stop pictures being taken type of vehicle THIS IS IT!!! This is a FULLY STREET LEGAL and custom built Fighter Jet, Rocket, Airplane, Jett Vett, motorcycle, kit car, hand built, I have no idea what to call it car. It is powered by an 1100 cc Honda Goldwing engine with a manual transmission. It would be perfect for a Hollywood Studio or movie rentals. If you have a business that you want to promote, this thing draws major attention everywhere. Wrap your logo on it and I know it will pay for itself in no time. Or just park it in your Man Cave and be the talk of everybody. It is registered as a Honda motorcycle with current California registration and tags. I just had all four carburetors gone through. It runs well. It does not need to be smogged. The amount of man hours spent building this ride are over the top. It has one wheel front and center, one in rear and center, and one each underneath the "wings". It seats two underneath the sliding cockpit. The seats are in-line just like a plane. The steering wheel, dash, and gauges are front and center. The flush mounted headlight flips up. The paint, body, and upholstery are all in good condition. Obviously, this car is not for everybody. But, I do know it makes everybody young and old smile and laugh. If you want to have some fun this summer at the car shows or just cruising the beach, you will have a difficult time finding more of an attention getting ride and you certainly will be the only one there. I am located in Solana Beach, CA near San Diego. Thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
That's a Pulse, it's not one of a kind. The 80s were a weird time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrYenko posted:

For anyone on the fence about clicking this link, the ad title is "ONE OF A KIND ROCKET, FIGHTER JET, AIRPLANE, MOTORCYCLE STREET LEGAL."

* Salvage title

:v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
1980s times were weird.

1980s times were scary.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Network42 posted:

That's a Pulse, it's not one of a kind. The 80s were a weird time.

It doesn't even have a jet engine! :mad:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
A GIS for "Pulse trike" returns a bunch of pictures of Colin Furze. :black101:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

1980s times were weird.

1980s times were scary.

"That doesn't look too ba-"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's pre-padded for your madness.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Oh that is incredible... It's like a lounge in your car.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I have always, ALWAYS wanted to do this. Have to get the Sable fenders though so you can fit the SHO corner lamps in. That and the fog lamps are the only thing this guy missed I believe.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5692323682.html

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 21, 2016

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Noise Complaint posted:

I have always, ALWAYS wanted to do this.

:same:
The shaved roof rack completely changes the look of the car and is rad as gently caress.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Noise Complaint posted:

I have always, ALWAYS wanted to do this. Have to get the Sable fenders though so you can fit the SHO corner lamps in. That and the fog lamps are the only thing this guy missed I believe.
I absolutely love this thing.. If I had any disposable income I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I love the old SHO's and I love wagons but for some reason I never thought about this combo. I've always wanted to black out a roadmaster and make an Impalla SS wagon but this thing is even better.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I was hauled around in the back of a Taurus wagon growing up, that would be a neat way to revisit the trauma of my childhood.

I love the TSX Sportwagon and would like to cram the sedan's V6 in it but converting to MT would probably be beyond my reach.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

ishikabibble posted:

That thing is street legal until the first cop sees you at night, with your piddly rear end headlight pointing straight up in the air

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dr.Caligari posted:

That thing is street legal until the first cop sees you at night, with your piddly rear end headlight pointing straight up in the air

It's a pop up. I've no doubt plod would still pull you over though simply because it's ridiculous.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
would.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The weird thing is, it's got no MOT, I looked it up. Lapsed in September 2015 (having done zero miles 2014-2015, and very few in the previous years). Nothing particularly standing out as especially "impending failure" on previous ones.

Why would you not at least take it for one?

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

quote:

It would be perfect for a Hollywood Studio or movie rentals

"Dude where's my fighter jet?"

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

quote:

This car has not been put on a dynometer yet, but injector duty cycle, math and other "comparison" factors point to around 400hp TO THE WHEELS.

Link

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

The weird thing is, it's got no MOT, I looked it up. Lapsed in September 2015 (having done zero miles 2014-2015, and very few in the previous years). Nothing particularly standing out as especially "impending failure" on previous ones.

Why would you not at least take it for one?

Some people have the weirdest reasons for letting cars sit. Assuming one lady owners for the last 21 years like the sign says, she probably just didn't like having to slink down into the seats to drive the thing and bought a newer car leaving that one to sit.

I've always liked those and £2k is a screaming deal for one that looks so good.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
I wanted to learn more about that kickin' rad Rocket Bike, and found this delightful enthusiasts' site: http://www.autocycles.org/

This is basically the exact vehicle 12-year-old me designed in his head.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

este posted:

I wanted to learn more about that kickin' rad Rocket Bike, and found this delightful enthusiasts' site: http://www.autocycles.org/

This is basically the exact vehicle 12-year-old me designed in his head.

I kinda feel like this site should have asked me if i wanted frames or no frames, and let me choose between 800x600 and 1024x768.

oh god, everything on every other site is purple now.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it's also the exact webpage 12-year-old-me would have written at the time :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

I've always liked those and £2k is a screaming deal for one that looks so good.
If I had the spare cash floating about (and the room) I'd probably have bought it.

It's in Grendon on the A5 near the M42 if you're interested.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

If I had the spare cash floating about (and the room) I'd probably have bought it.

It's in Grendon on the A5 near the M42 if you're interested.

I'm in the same boat, lack of cash and room. I'll let a few other people know though, I'm sure one of my friends is looking for something old and cool like this. It seems to be the T-top version too!

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Noise Complaint posted:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5692323682.html

So the seller has dropped his asking price to $1,000

Damnit.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

buttcrackmenace posted:

Damnit.
:shittypop: That's within driving range, but not within price range.

Man, I hate Mondays.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

I'm in the same boat, lack of cash and room. I'll let a few other people know though, I'm sure one of my friends is looking for something old and cool like this. It seems to be the T-top version too!
Just avoid mentioning it to the kind of people who'll ruin it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Just avoid mentioning it to the kind of people who'll ruin it.

Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

buttcrackmenace posted:

Damnit.

Holy poo poo. If you don't buy that you'll regret is for the rest of time.