Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

simplefish posted:

Quali a shambles, race boring. Only winner this weekend was #mindgames, if you're into that sort of thing

I say this as someone who often finds races good that others say are pants

Pretty much my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Several Belgian newspapers are reporting that Haryanto is done at Manor and big Stoffel's going to replace him starting from Spa-Francorchamps.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cgfreak posted:

Several Belgian newspapers are reporting that Haryanto is done at Manor and big Stoffel's going to replace him starting from Spa-Francorchamps.

Good. Haryanto is a mobile chicane while Stoffel is a skilled lad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can't wait for strudel van door to outperform wurrrline.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Stoffel and Pascal, future champions IMO

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Gmaz posted:

Nah only Hamilton and Max are going to win every championship for the next decade. The :frog: era will soon be forced upon us.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I've been camping since Saturday, is Hungary worth watching a replay?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nah

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Stoffel Vandoorne

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HJB posted:

Stoffel Vandoorne

That sounds like the bad guy in a teen movie trying to turn the ski resort into a private club and evict all the orphans.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Please someone find me a clip of Toto Wolff saying "Stoffel Vandoorne", TIA

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Can't manor get rid of the super creepy looking dude instead.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

George Zimmer posted:

I've been camping since Saturday, is Hungary worth watching a replay?

You know that thing where I overly defend races everyone thinks is boring every time?

No, no you should not watch this race. Watch quali though, that was an amusing clusterfuck.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

HJB posted:

Please someone find me a clip of Toto Wolff saying "Stoffel Vandoorne", TIA

I youtubed and it gave me a video of Toto binning it at the Nürburgring instead, will that do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQ_6TM_3Ac

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Gmaz posted:

We'll know for sure when he gets a better car but Pascal walks like a Rosberg and quacks like a Rosberg

poty fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 25, 2016

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Hell, maybe Rosberg is a future champion too.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gmaz posted:

Hell, maybe Rosberg is a future champion too.
I still kinda want him to WDC up because that will make him the second only weak driver in history to win a WDC who had a much better driver for a WDC dad

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Who was the first

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Damon Hill?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This race was boring as poo poo. Almost fell asleep watching it

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Race was boring as poo poo, I fell asleep watching it. The wife made some Hungarian Paprika chicken thing, and that was really good.

Hungary = good
F1 = bad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I still kinda want him to WDC up because that will make him the second only weak driver in history to win a WDC who had a much better driver for a WDC dad

I honestly want him to win because Keke was such a great driver who stuck it out for far too long with Williams and then left the instant they got competitive. I think if he stuck it out and put up with Head he probably could've had 3 WDCs.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

cgfreak posted:

Damon Hill?

💸 Quoting for ban 💸

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I want Rosberg to get his WDC partly because I think he works too hard to not have one, and partly because Hamilton's inevitable meltdown would be so catastrophic it would burn down the Mercedes garage leaving Niki Lauda as the only survivor.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

MustardFacial posted:

I want Rosberg to get his WDC partly because I think he works too hard to not have one,

the issue is hes still fukin poo poo

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Dubs posted:

Oh I know that. He'll never win a WDC because he's a complete garbageman that breaks at the slightest flash of another car around him, but I still want him to win it. The truth is, the Nico Rosberg is good at one thing: Time Trials. Give him a clear track and a fast car and he will pop in consistent fast lap after fast lap. But tell him he is racing another driver, and he will fall apart faster than the Tacoma Narrows bridge.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

Is he any more garbage than Hill? We've had far worse champions than Rosberg would be.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dubs posted:

Yeah this isn't grade school where if you try hard enough you get a prize. You have to actually be good and lucky at the same time in order to get one. Nico is lucky to be in the best car, but not good enough and unlucky to have a better teammate.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Oh I know that. He'll never win a WDC because he's a complete garbageman that breaks at the slightest flash of another car around him, but I still want him to win it. The truth is, the Nico Rosberg is good at one thing: Time Trials. Give him a clear track and a fast car and he will pop in consistent fast lap after fast lap. But tell him he is racing another driver, and he will fall apart faster than the Tacoma Narrows bridge.

Nico would be an extraordinary Rally Driver, clear road with nobody ever in front or behind you and there's literally a guy sat in the car next to you telling you what to do.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
An absolute goddamn travesty, Prost would wipe the floor with Lewis.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/757552255994327040

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

Nico would be an extraordinary Rally Driver, clear road with nobody ever in front or behind you and there's literally a guy sat in the car next to you telling you what to do.

I always thought it would be cool to see Nico do a Pikes Peak run.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MustardFacial posted:

But tell him he is racing another driver, and he will fall apart faster than the Tacoma Narrows bridge.
With a similar amount of unpredictable left/right movement

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

Well he is Finnish.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

With a similar amount of unpredictable left/right movement

Pit wall: "Nico, you have to pick up pace. Super Seb is gaining on you."

Nico:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Apparently Kimi won driver of the day for that race. For his brilliant performance in complaining about infants.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Apparently Kimi won driver of the day for that race. For his brilliant performance in complaining about infants.

If he didn't get taken out by verstappen's drunken swerving, he could have legimately worked his way from 14th to the podium.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

HJB posted:

If you have this weird Stockholm Syndrome thing going on with F1 to the point where you're seriously typing poo poo like this up, then muster up all the energy you can to stop watching it, and the curse will be broken for you. Honestly it reminds me of the women at work who detest watching certain soaps but have to watch them all so they can discuss them at length the next morning.

Ricciardo-Vettel was just Max-Kimi except Vettel never got close enough to even feign a move, switching between them would have just meant you were watching a slightly less close battle half the time.

Honestly you're right - since 2014 I've stopped wasting my time and just follow F1 loosely via online results. I'm not interested in wasting two hours to see which Mercedes wins each race, or watching it just to wish something happens to them. The Vettelreich was bad enough.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was up at 8 for the race but I decided to lie down and half sleep/half listen and I never heard anything worth getting up for. Only highlight was Kimi's radio complaining.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
I thought Nico's lap 1 pass around the outside was pretty good. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

cgfreak posted:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vandoorne-in-frame-for-haryantos-manor-seat-801832/

• Locked thread