Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

LingcodKilla posted:

I once stood by the most bashful officer for 90 minutes before he could get a weak tinkle. Was getting so bored I was about to offer to suck start it just so we could be done.

I live in constant fear that this will be me, but then it always works out just fine. Just an hour of inexorable terror while I wait for the chance to display my peeing prowess. I bet my whiz watchers can smell the fear and assume they're up for a 45 minute ordeal.

Edit: also describes every time I've taken the deck.

piL fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
If you don't try to hold the hand of your observer during urinalysis then you are doing it wrong IMO.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sir Lucius posted:

You get snow days as a government employee, and you can wear sweat pants to work if you really wanted.

I'm an aviator, I wear pajamas to work every day :dukedog:

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009

Laranzu posted:

4 more years. Then getting out and smoking weed everyday doing pen testing or something as a dirty civilian.

4. More. Years.

Hopefully i can avoid chief during this time frame.

Yep.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

I'm an aviator, I wear pajamas to work every day :dukedog:

Change of Command. Enlisted dirty scum, dress whites @ parade rest. Pilots and Aircrew, flight suits with squadron ballcaps and seats.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

tacopie posted:

Change of Command. Enlisted dirty scum, dress whites @ parade rest. Pilots and Aircrew, flight suits with squadron ballcaps and seats.

Sorry you have a lovely command.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

tacopie posted:

Gotta deal with this next Friday. :gonk:

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
2 hours before change of command, Deck div has coated the dome with salad oil to make it shiny. Deck LPO comes up to inspect it, already in dress whites. He steps out to look closer and starts a slow, inexorable slide down the dome, long enough that he has time to take out his phone and wallet and toss them to the topside watch before he ends up in the water in his dress whites :xd:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Flight suits and coveralls should have the exact same wear rules.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If I was secnav that would be item #1 on the agenda. Seabags will now consist of: coveralls, ball cap, dress whites, dress blues. Officers and chiefs will still have summer white top, but otherwise that's loving it. If you're some type of butterfly job that needs type IIs or IIIs by all means keep them. Otherwise that's all you should loving wear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
3 years and two months out and I still care about coveralls.

If I was still in I'd be at 10 years now and stuck deciding whether I wanted to stick around another 10 or leave.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

If I was secnav that would be item #1 on the agenda. Seabags will now consist of: coveralls, ball cap, dress whites, dress blues. Officers and chiefs will still have summer white top, but otherwise that's loving it. If you're some type of butterfly job that needs type IIs or IIIs by all means keep them. Otherwise that's all you should loving wear.

So what do you wear in school at a training command?

(The answer is always coveralls)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

PneumonicBook posted:

alternating dress uniforms with daily inspections of course.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

starched and creased coveralls, duh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The coverall wear rules always cracked me up. Like can't even drive to work in them?

And then some ships even got lame about wearing them on ship and while underway. But the NWUs are worthless and not fire retardant so now most just wear the fire retardant coveralls anyways

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Can you wear a tracksuit to cover up your coveralls on the way to work?

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

LingcodKilla posted:

You can do whatever you want honey as long as you have done your piece for MY NAVY. ::happy::

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

LingcodKilla posted:

Most did this or large baggy clothes over the coveralls. I had an adidas tracksuit and went full Slav

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Does anyone have any instruction anywhere for the reserve prior service affiliation bonus; specifically what tier an FC would be? When I signed my immediate reenlistment contract I was told by both the CTO as well as my garbage career counselor that I was eligible for a tier 1 20k bonus. The NOSC is saying I'm only eligible for tier 2 15k.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Does anyone have any instruction anywhere for the reserve prior service affiliation bonus; specifically what tier an FC would be? When I signed my immediate reenlistment contract I was told by both the CTO as well as my garbage career counselor that I was eligible for a tier 1 20k bonus. The NOSC is saying I'm only eligible for tier 2 15k.

Career counselors more often than not speak horseshit, so I think your CCC might have hosed you.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Ryand-Smith posted:

Most did this or large baggy clothes over the coveralls. I had an adidas tracksuit and went full Slav

Why the poo poo wouldn't you just keep coveralls at the dock? You guys literally had no bearthing or divisional spaces to keep stuff like that in?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Career counselors more often than not speak horseshit, so I think your CCC might have hosed you.

Oh I'm sure, the CTO said the same though.

The end of this story is me invariably getting screwed.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Just go to BUPERS site as they have all the released NAVADMINS, search for reserve, find most recent release and read it.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Just go to BUPERS site as they have all the released NAVADMINS, search for reserve, find most recent release and read it.

Yea I'm on npc right now but the relevant links are behind cert walls.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea I'm on npc right now but the relevant links are behind cert walls.

Yeah, I guess they don't release it via message traffic anymore, I assume this is the link you've found https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/cnrfc/n-codes/n1/cnrfc_n112

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why the poo poo wouldn't you just keep coveralls at the dock? You guys literally had no bearthing or divisional spaces to keep stuff like that in?

This was in the construction phase when well yes we had none of these things, as the boat was parts and pieces

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Smart recruiter.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009

Nukes and AT's must be undermanned.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tacopie posted:

Nukes , AT's, ET's, CT's, and IT must be undermanned.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'd take offense to this if I wasn't currently trying to catch them all.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Don't forget conventional MMs. There's a rather large group of them on my ship that spend their free time playing Magic.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Free time in the engineering department? What is this horseshit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Free time in the engineering department? What is this horseshit

conventional MM vs nuke. The MMNs still haven't even heard of pokemon go because they're on port and starboard.

Susa
Apr 27, 2013
So our new LPO asked all of us if we had signed worksheets yet, we said no because we haven't signed evals yet and there is no way they are going to let you sign without that. He just kind of stared at us and then told us we needed to get it done as soon as we can. :shrug:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Susa posted:

So our new LPO asked all of us if we had signed worksheets yet, we said no because we haven't signed evals yet and there is no way they are going to let you sign without that. He just kind of stared at us and then told us we needed to get it done as soon as we can. :shrug:

Honestly, wait until you hit E6 and above, you will be shocked at the amount of stuff people don't know or realize that are your leadership.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm an e6. I've never written a full eval and really don't know 3/4 of the dumb navy poo poo my friend (another e6 from a slower promoting community) knows.

Thankfully I've never been in charge of anyone, for their sake and my own.

Day to day poo poo I'm the man at though. I'll supervise the hell out of daily operations.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
I'm a nuke, made E-6 after 5 years. My Chief is a conventional MM, been in 13 years. He tells me to do something normal Navy related, and I just kinda stare at him until he remembers I'm a nuke. It's almost a daily occurence.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Being a <6 year e6 owned because i was getting paid but it sucked because lol at having people under you who have been in longer than you.

Also, still out, still loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/u-s-serviceman-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-okinawa

More excellent decisions coming out of Okinawa. loving idiot.

• Locked thread