Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Those men are getting horny for an ecchi series? Ah louis fetch my bath salts, methinks I have the vapors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ah poo poo 20 dead in a knifing spree in Tokyo. Guess there's gonna be a few blade featuring anime not airing this week

what is with all these spree killings recently

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad that the newest episode of new game is pretty much entirely about rin and ko loving each other

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hi cian

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

hey burb.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

what is with all these spree killings recently

Harambe's dying curse on mankind

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

hello cian, my pal.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

things are heating up in the cutie honey vs devilman lady crossover

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

I'm partial to this un owen arrange. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bvXxymw2ra8

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I've been playing the Higurashi VN (currently close-ish to the end of chapter 3) and found out there's apparently a recent (ongoing?) live action show. I'm really curious about how a lot of the characters and horror elements would translate to that medium. Like, the scariest thing to me in the VNs are the parts where you'll be saying a thing to a character and then the music will stop/change and they'll instantly switch to a scary face. A large part of the paranoia each chapter (up until the point I'm at, at least) has been wondering when something the protagonist does/says is going to make one of the girls lose their poo poo. I can't really think of any way for an actual human to make a face that is scary like that. The anime's faces (from what I've seen in pictures) also seem less scary than the ones in the VN (obviously the updated sprites, not the originals).

Regarding the scary faces, I've noticed that Mion's "creepy vigilant staring" face (IMO the scariest face so far) is often used in cases where she is not being crazy and evil and it throws me off. They'll often use the same face in situations where she's just being serious and I'll spend a moment wondering if she just lost her poo poo for some reason.

As a general comment on the point I'm at (speculations from chapter 3 that might be spoilers but probably aren't since I'm probably wrong), I'm very curious as to what exactly makes Rena become crazy and murderous. I spent all of chapter 2 waiting for the other shoe to drop, but she ended up being a good person all the way through and was obviously not okay with Mion (or was it Shion? one could easily impersonate the other) killing people. In chapter 1 you sort of get the impression that Rena/Mion are enforcers for the curse or something, but I'm starting to think that Rena (at least) is actually against the curse and flips out at you during chapter 1 because of your interactions with Ooishi and the fact that her and the others think Ooishi (and possibly you by proxy) to be connected with Oyashiro-sama. It's possible she interpreted your paranoia with the baseball bat to be because you were being influenced by the curse or something.

(Sorry I have a lot of thoughts on this game but no one to discuss them with because it came out so long ago :()

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

bueno

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't wanna be one of the olds

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

being old is great and i eagerly await the day i get to wave a walking cane at kids these days

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

you get hearing issues so you don't have to listen to all the dumb bullshit people say to you, what's not to love

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

im sure if by some incredible stroke of fate i live to be old ill have much bigger problems to worry about than my health, such as finding non-irradiated food and fending off raiders

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i think i'll be the same when im older but less thirsty. or not, even. they do say that statistically speaking, if your grandparents are alive and married, they're probably still doing it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

chumbler posted:

Height doesn't matter if you can't put the basketball in the basketball ring.

I'd like to bring this back up so I can ask if you called it a basketball ring on purpose

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
when i'm old i want to help save our planet's resources for the coming generations, like tequila cacti and ice caps and cool poo poo from history to anthropomorphize into school girls. going into politics would be a worthy cause, i think

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

I'd like to bring this back up so I can ask if you called it a basketball ring on purpose

lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a cartoon duck posted:

you get hearing issues so you don't have to listen to all the dumb bullshit people say to you, what's not to love

I already do not listen to anyone it's my superpower

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

yeah that struck me when i was reading it the first time, but then i forgot.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Knives56k/status/679911311682093056

The tweet is wrong animes are real...

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

"ring around the rosie" dates back to the black death, when peasants would compete in basketball to win a dose of antidote. this was the start of the NBA

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hm. Cut a large chunk of meat off the side of my right index finger.

Defeated by toffee. Gg.

(Man this bleeds a lot.)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

she should stop cheating on her boyfriend

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

chitanda why

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hm. Cut a large chunk of meat off the side of my right index finger.

Defeated by toffee. Gg.

(Man this bleeds a lot.)

Ouch

hope it's not too serious :ohdear:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Admoon posted:

chitanda why

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Knorth posted:

Ouch

hope it's not too serious :ohdear:

Meh. Not sure how to make a link to an image without linking the image while ob a phone, since I can't use two hands. Pox later.
E: hurts like hell, maybe I sound cauterize it in the wildfire.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Meh. Not sure how to make a link to an image without linking the image while ob a phone, since I can't use two hands. Pox later.
E: hurts like hell, maybe I sound cauterize it in the wildfire.

please do not post pictures.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Stexils posted:

please do not post pictures.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
10-4