Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I would be legit interested in a story about a couple of "elite boss" zombies that decide enough is enough and band together to go push in some humans' poo poo.

and then eat their brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Frankenstyle posted:

It's just "Lets mimic Marvel

They tried to do different, and they ended up with a confusing and depressing piece of poo poo. I think "Let's mimic Marvel" is a good loving move. At least if it's a mess it will still have entertainment value.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ashpanash posted:

They tried to do different, and they ended up with a confusing and depressing piece of poo poo. I think "Let's mimic Marvel" is a good loving move. At least if it's a mess it will still have entertainment value.

Yeah. I mean, I think this looks dire, but I'm actively rooting for them now that they've backed off the terrible decisions that went into BvS. Lets face it, the DCCU was never going to be good once they chose their creative team.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Flesh Forge posted:

I would be legit interested in a story about a couple of "elite boss" zombies that decide enough is enough and band together to go push in some humans' poo poo.

'Land of the Dead' has got you covered, fam.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, so who are the bad guys in Suicide squad? Is it not the Joker?

Now that I think about it that witch lady isn't in a lot of the trailers, is she the main bad guy?

Where did those zombies come from?

What is going on?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JaredBS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

maybe he got it right this time ?
that trailer looks a ton better than BvS

So they're setting up Aquaman as angry water Thor?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they're definitely gonna rip off the awesome quicksilver scenes from the last two xmans.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

they're definitely gonna rip off the awesome quicksilver scenes from the last two xmans.

God are they ever.

And Aquaman is definitely going to be doing a Thor thing where he's a funny character because he's... a fish out of water.

And that Cyborg costume looks loving stupid as all hell, like a cheap Italian movie knockoff of Iron Man.

I've mostly gotten over my hatred of dinky dwarf Wonder Woman. She's not awful and we're stuck with it, so whatever.

Superman still bad.

Batman being the funny quippy guy while everyone else broods is definitely not dumb and Affleck isn't a butthead.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Lmao at DC trying to set up Ben Affleck as their answer to Robert Downey Jr.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to like that Flash scene, but it goes on way too long.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Old Batman not giving a poo poo is fine, IMO. At least it's a fresher take on Growly McWHEREISHE? we haven't seen for a while. With as loving dour as the rest of the crew is going to be, the murderous psychopath that never got over his mommy and daddy issues probably IS the ray of sunshine in the Justice League.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ka0 posted:

Lmao at DC trying to set up Ben Affleck as their answer to Robert Downey Jr.

I mean, he's easily the most compelling person in the bunch so far. Seems like a smart move to me.

Also the Wonder Woman movie is gonna own. :hist101:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Also the Wonder Woman movie is gonna own. :hist101:

this only makes sense if i imagine meatwad saying it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The wonder woman theme doesn't really fit the trailer to me.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seriously that's going to be annoying as poo poo in the theater.

We know he's the Flash, all right? We get it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought Wonder Woman was as powerful as Superman yet she's struggling deflecting some ww1 machinegunfire with her supershield

meanwhile;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2gQo-0VW5c

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 25, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

That's a big part of one of the Secret Wars tie-ins. The zombies in it can maintain their intellect and self-control, as long as they don't get hungry. So they catch themselves a Deadpool, who can fully regenerate from anything, and use him as a horn of plenty.

Pvt.Scott posted:

With as loving dour as the rest of the crew is going to be, the murderous psychopath that never got over his mommy and daddy issues probably IS the ray of sunshine in the Justice League.

So you're saying that Snyder's Superman will be the shining heart of this Justice League.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Zzulu posted:

I thought Wonder Woman was as powerful as Superman yet she's struggling deflecting some ww1 machinegunfire with her supershield

I think that's just comic book BS that depends on whatever continuity they are going with. The Linda Carter show had her block bullets with her wristbands but be hurt by gunfire. The Justice League cartoon had her basically just be a female superman. Same with the Injustice comics.

Since they have a psychotic murderer Batman / Superman who knows. The answer is they probably don't even know and are just creating cool movie visuals.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

Old Batman not giving a poo poo is fine, IMO. At least it's a fresher take on Growly McWHEREISHE? we haven't seen for a while. With as loving dour as the rest of the crew is going to be, the murderous psychopath that never got over his mommy and daddy issues probably IS the ray of sunshine in the Justice League.

Yeah I like what we've seen so far. We'll need to see more before we can tell how well it works but you can make a character who's kind of grim and gruff and still have him be funny. Geralt of Rivia immediately comes to mind, and that was the kind of vibe I was getting from the trailer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zzulu posted:

meanwhile;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2gQo-0VW5c

Pretty sure that was lifted wholesale from a comic with a different superhero.

Edit: the shooting in the eye and not blinking bit, I mean.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 25, 2016

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think that's just comic book BS that depends on whatever continuity they are going with. The Linda Carter show had her block bullets with her wristbands but be hurt by gunfire. The Justice League cartoon had her basically just be a female superman. Same with the Injustice comics.

Since they have a psychotic murderer Batman / Superman who knows. The answer is they probably don't even know and are just creating cool movie visuals.

Yeah the wrist bands/bracelets are just about the least consistent part of her power set. I think they've ranged from being enchanted to aid her in blocking projectiles, to to just being indestructible objects that were a mark of accomplishment that weakened her if she was ever bound or chained by a male (in the original BDSM focused version), to being a power limiter that restricts her to 1/10 of her actual godly strength, to letting her sorcerously manifest weapons and shoot lightning blasts.

e: Also

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's the best goddamn explanation for it I've ever come across

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ashpanash posted:

Justice League looks...fun? As if at least some lessons were actually learned?

Yes: "Trailer editing and guitar riffs are opiates of the nerdy masses"

Pvt.Scott posted:

BvS was basically a movie where Batman was reminded that he's actually a superhero, just as Superman's arrival in Man of Steel slowly transforms the gloomy world into a comic book like you see in the Justice League trailer.

Squizzle posted:

So you're saying that Snyder's Superman will be the shining heart of this Justice League.
Now, calling Superman a 'psycho' is actually fitting in a meta way. Superman in these movies is a scary foreigner so if a man trying to help an autisit playing with toys on the middle of the street is scary you can imagine how terrifying a guy who pulls an entire ship to safety can be. It's the type of behaviour that people thinks needs to by policed.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The MSJ posted:

BvS was basically a movie where Batman was reminded that he's actually a superhero, just as Superman's arrival in Man of Steel slowly transforms the gloomy world into a comic book like you see in the Justice League trailer.

idk I'd have to say MOS follows a totally different progression: it starts out on Krypton and is vivid and colorful and then transitions to a fairly neutral Earth in Clark's youth, and as he matures it gets darker and glloomier (most important scenes with Clark are filmed in storms/heavy rain). Zod arrives and begins to modify Earth to make it more like Krypton (colorful? vivid? awesome?) but Superman intervenes and fairly directly causes a whole bunch of destruction. Zod is actually the hero in MOS and Clark is the villain :iamafag:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There was no need to show him watching it all in slow motion other than to just have some slow motion in there. It would have been way better if he threw the batarang and then the flash disappeared and reappeared in his chair holding the batarang. Maybe not even have him disappear and reappear, just have it all be a quick throw and he dodges and catches it in just a second. Or if you want it to be super loving goofy and stupid then have him put it in a display case in the span of a second while batman is just doing his throw pose.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cowman posted:

There was no need to show him watching it all in slow motion other than to just have some slow motion in there. It would have been way better if he threw the batarang and then the flash disappeared and reappeared in his chair holding the batarang. Maybe not even have him disappear and reappear, just have it all be a quick throw and he dodges and catches it in just a second. Or if you want it to be super loving goofy and stupid then have him put it in a display case in the span of a second while batman is just doing his throw pose.

Your ideas are all worse

Seems the flash is here to connect to dumb millennials, being the young friendless guy

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Seeing it in slow mo is cool because we see the flash realize who this dude is in real time. For trailer fodder it goes on too long but it might work in the real movie?

Nah movie will blow

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Seeing it in slow mo is cool because we see the flash realize who this dude is in real time. For trailer fodder it goes on too long but it might work in the real movie?

Nah movie will blow

yeah of all things to nitpick at least it serves a purpose in the context of the scene

I like the idea that Bruce Wayne tests the superfriends when he meets them by seeing if he can kill them with batarangs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justin Tyme posted:

yeah of all things to nitpick at least it serves a purpose in the context of the scene

I like the idea that Bruce Wayne tests the superfriends when he meets them by seeing if he can kill them with batarangs.

lmao

"Who are those other costume racks for?"

"uh....they didnt catch the thing."

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

Good point

I mean that batarang was aimed straight at dude's head, and Batfleck is like "oh, so you're fast" :crossarms:

Well what if I wasn't fast you dick

And flash is so loving desperate for friends he's still joining a team where the captain is throwing poo poo at his head

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao

"Who are those other costume racks for?"

"uh....they didnt catch the thing."

Right? If Batman had hosed up and say, was talking to the Flash's younger brother, he would have thrown a batarang right into a teenage kid's eyesocket.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
This Batman wouldn't actually give a gently caress, though. He'd just shrug, retrieve his batarang and set the building on fire to destroy evidence.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pvt.Scott posted:

This Batman wouldn't actually give a gently caress, though. He'd just shrug, retrieve his batarang and set the building on fire to destroy evidence.

Yeah I wonder how this batman would handle the Batman Beyond treatment.

In Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne retires because he gets so old some criminals work him over enough that he grabs their pistol out of desperation (but doesn't use it) when he realizes he almost resorted to using a gun he quits.

I guess Ben Affleck Batman will retire when he can no longer lift his giant machine guns.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Reminder that the Star Wars: Episode I trailer made the movie look amazing.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pope Mobile posted:

Reminder that the Star Wars: Episode I trailer made the movie look amazing.

Trailers today are really lovely though

Like they spoil half the movie, for some reason I don't understand

They spoiled GB2016, the Doomsday monster in BvS and I guess a bunch of other stuff I c ant remember

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the superhero movies are all gonna be done by 2020 right? like, we're gonna move on to something else next decade. We've gotta.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Fonzarelli posted:

the superhero movies are all gonna be done by 2020 right? like, we're gonna move on to something else next decade. We've gotta.

We can only hope!
http://www.newsarama.com/21815-the-new-full-comic-book-superhero-movie-schedule.html

Don Tacorleone posted:

They spoiled GB2016, the Doomsday monster in BvS and I guess a bunch of other stuff I c ant remember

This is a solid point. I still think it will end poorly.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Don Tacorleone posted:

or suicide squad where you've had months of posters, trailers, sneak peaks, character bio videos, new trailers, more different posters, character backstories, even more trailers, constant interviews with the actors, merchandise, reveals, more trailers, more sneak peaks....ugh

I don't follow it at all but by osmosis i've picked up way more than I'd ever want to know even if I did want to see it.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

the scene is so long for something trying to display flash's speed, and if you still didn't get it batman needs to say a one-liner so that you REALLY get it. such a great character introduction scene, you really get a sense of who flash is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
the scene at the end of bvs where clark and lois are having a really tender moment while in the background batman and wonder woman are fighting doomsday as it grows more appendages is the funniest part of the movie.

i like what i see with the flash so far, bc i think this movie is gonna need every bit of levity it can get but both quicksilvers already showed what time slowing down feels like. i hope they do trippier stuff with the speed force like creating tornadoes by spinning around real fast or just punching so fast it causes a small sonic boom like a super powered one inch punch.

• Locked thread