Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I does feel like Pulse got a little overbuffed. He got a scan speed buff, a tracking buff, a range buff and a visibility buff. He could stand to lose the buffs to two of those things that aren't the tracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

I really don't understand how they make some of the balance decisions in this game. This Pulse buff was completely unnecessary and has made rounds into a chore of finding the pulse as if he was the objective himself. He is that important now because with the combination of the auto shotty and c4 he can just pop out at any moment and take out half the team before he goes down.

Blackbeard and Valkyrie's SPAS12 I could at least see them making ridiculously powerful new Operators to intice people to buy the season pass or boosters. Blackbeard having all the advantages of a shield user with literally none of the downsides and Valkyrie's SPAS12 outclassing every gun in the game. We had to deal with the broken Super90 for 3 months and then as soon as they nerf it they introduced an even better auto shotty for the new DLC operator.

Pulse really makes no sense though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
He did need some changes to make him more user-friendly, he just got buffs in four categories instead of a much more sensible two.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

He did need some changes to make him more user-friendly, he just got buffs in four categories instead of a much more sensible two.

The visibility buff was sort of badly needed because the old one caused you to die a lot as Pulse since it made 80% of your screen opaque.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

The visibility buff was sort of badly needed because the old one caused you to die a lot as Pulse since it made 80% of your screen opaque.

Yeah, exactly.

Visibility + being able to track people through walls for a short while after every pulse would've worked, visibility + faster scanning so the static dots are updated more often would've worked, visibility + more range would've worked. All four is rather overkill.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 25, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

:airquote: badly needed :airquote:

There is no handicap good enough to make seeing through the walls not the best ability in the game

Fix the quick switching at least so pulse can't scan and then shoot immediately, that is half the problem right there.

Give it a battery that drains quickly, something that gets pulse off his wall hack every once in a while.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

This was a good thing that made pulse somewhat balanced. His gadget didn't need to be easier to use at all. 10m limit, having to put some thought into tracking, and being vulnerable while tracking were good things.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I think the tracking change is good, without it you're mostly just handicapping newbies, for experienced players I dunno if it made that much difference? (not a pulse player)

To be honest even with this change though... Pulse hasn't been taking up that much attention. He is now on the priority kill list and an operator we always assume there's gonna be, like Thermite and Blackbeard were before, but it's not like he's singlehandedly loving over teams repeatedly.

A change I'd like to see instead of re-nerfing him would be to let IQ use her ability with her main weapon. Just let her have it on all the time. I don't really see the problem with that to be honest, and it lets her nullify Pulse a lot more effectively.

also having him lose his C4.. I wouldn't be against it.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
in other news, information on the new operators in "Skull Rain"

quote:

Caveira is the defensive Operator of the two. As such, she possesses the Silent Step skill that enables her to sneak up on enemies to immobilize and then interrogate them to reveal their teammates location. Her arsenal includes an M12 and SPAS-15 for primary weapons, a PRB92 as a secondary, and Nitro Cell C4 and Barbed Wire for gadgets.

As the attacker, Capito carries a tactical crossbow that can fire asphyxiating bolts that burn oxygen within a certain radius, as well as micro smoke grenades that can mask positions and team movements. Capito also has an M-249 and PARA-308 for primary weapon options, a PRB92 for secondary, and frag and stun grenades rounding her available arsenal.

Operation Skull Rain will also have a new map for teams to do battle. Set in a Brazilian favela, this new map supports exterior shell destruction, making it Rainbow Six Sieges most destructible map to date. The new map will be free for all players.

I was expecting a ninja operator with the Japanese but I'm happy for it to come earlier, it's exactly the sort of defender I've wanted for ages.

and is it a typo or are they both women? :laugh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Nah it looks like it we're getting some more ladies added to the roster which will be :heysexy:

Interrogating enemies sounds like a neat idea although maybe kinda limited? Plus it means yet another roaming operator, yay like we needed more of those.

Crossbow girl will be a tough pick over sombody like Blackbeard unless the gas bolts are really really effective at taking sombody down or really good at forcing them out of cover. the "micro" smoke grenades will be kinda useless if they work like the regular one do now, unless they are thinking of bringing out changes to make the smoke server side instead of clientside at the same time.

this has been my blind speculation on the new update Rainbow Six Seige, please like, comment, and subscribe.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Also BattleEye confirmed

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

New defender has a SPAS 15, so another semi/full auto shotgun in the game?

I hope her interrogations take a few seconds and are audible enough that somebody near by can stop it or even save the operator

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
When that ubiblog site reveals more than the official Skull Rain WebSite.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-259842-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

A third female defensive roamer with an auto shotgun and c4. Countdown until valk has her c4 removed for balance?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just in time for what is surely to be an absolute poo poo show in Rio.

Bad publicity aside a ghetto rear end Olympic Village would be a cool map.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is battleye any good?

Also lol at Rio

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I think you'll find people who had a bad experience with any of the client side anti-cheats out there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Is battleye any good?

Also lol at Rio

Speaking from DayZ admin experience, at the beginning of us running the mod it was basically useless and hackers were running rampant. By the end of it, it was kicking tons of people and they were expanding it into other games.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BattleEye is good and I for one welcome our new illuminati overlords.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Squeegy posted:

BattleEye is good and I for one welcome our new illuminati overlords.

It's BattlEye GOD!!!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I am already making a poor impression on our ever-watchful masters. They're taking direct control of my computer now

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Please stop adding C4 operators until you fix C4 by making it a silent deployable trap instead of a grenade, Ubisoft.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Also stop adding more semi auto shotguns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stop

Just stop

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Keep going, I'm almost there.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
:munch:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Oh poo poo, it releases August 2nd? Awesome.

Hard please add this to the game I want to see the fallout feedback: http://cornershot.com/

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Also please give Bandit a buff, dude is useless beyond his rifle and three batteries to electrify walls. Give him 1 more battery or something.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Triggs posted:

Also please give Bandit a buff, dude is useless beyond his rifle and three batteries to electrify walls. Give him 1 more battery or something.

He's useless, except for his weapons and his ability.

So in other words, he's not useless. :what:

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

I feel terrible. Was just playing and some guy said one of the new operators would be able to 'interrogate' the other team and the rest of us proceeded to make fun of him for believing such a stupid idea. We did a whole skit where one of us interrogated the other in batman-gruff-voice while the other cried and screamed 'They're in the vault, that's all i knoooow.'

What a bunch of assholes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I would say Bandit has gotten more useful now that Thatchers grenades aren't as ridiculously poweful, that and the downfall of Thatcher showing up in public games in general since Blackbeard and buffed IQ are now a thing.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Lemon-Lime posted:

He's useless, except for his weapons and his ability.

So in other words, he's not useless. :what:

His ability needs a buff is what I'm saying. Mute covers two wall segments per jammer, Blitz covers one wall per battery.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
He also destroys the thermite charge with his batteries and has one of the best guns in the game as opposed to one of the worst.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, pls.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Please stop adding C4 operators until you fix C4 by making it a silent deployable trap instead of a grenade, Ubisoft.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I would say Bandit has gotten more useful now that Thatchers grenades aren't as ridiculously poweful, that and the downfall of Thatcher showing up in public games in general since Blackbeard and buffed IQ are now a thing.

*BOOM* Thatcher's grenades can disable the C4s that the defenders are carrying. Hire me, PlanB.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
maybe if you'd start playing again.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My computer was hosed but then I got a new one but now my internet is hosed. :smith:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wtf my team kicked an idiot and he was able to rejoin in about five seconds

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I am the guy that will spend hours on figuring out a way to snag people trough walls to interrogate them.
Not really, I will just shitpost about how there still is no record function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Paradigmata posted:

Not really, I will just shitpost about how there still is no record function.

It's coming??? Atleast it's a bullet point in the Health Program.

• Locked thread