Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Kluliss posted:

You have an invite waiting :)

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
In as Mcclay

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

mcclay posted:

In as Mcclay

Pres Butan

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
If any woodcutters have spare time we could use heartwood at some point. Heartwood is used to make empty bottles and is very good smithing experience. I can now mine my own sand but can't cut my own heartwood. If you have time one day I'd appreciate heartwood! We have about 2,600 at the moment, which will get used up pretty quickly now. Thanks!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

in as Istar

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Invite sent, Pres butan.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I enjoy playing lumberjack as well

In as ThatJerk

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

That Jerk Steve posted:

I enjoy playing lumberjack as well

In as ThatJerk

Invited, do the thing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm going to resurrect MurderSpree Monday tomorrow for animal hides from combat in the Disenchanted Forest. We don't have a very big combat crew(nor do we really need it with how tailoring works) like the miners/woodcutters that are constantly supplying so we're in a bit of a shortage and it's time to call up the reserves! Help us gather some animal hides to restock and let some of our tailors get some levels (I know BigMoose has been self grinding like I have and it's a pain in the rear end)! :commissar:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Virigoth posted:

I'm going to resurrect MurderSpree Monday tomorrow for animal hides from combat in the Disenchanted Forest. We don't have a very big combat crew(nor do we really need it with how tailoring works) like the miners/woodcutters that are constantly supplying so we're in a bit of a shortage and it's time to call up the reserves! Help us gather some animal hides to restock and let some of our tailors get some levels (I know BigMoose has been self grinding like I have and it's a pain in the rear end)! :commissar:

An excuse to avoid extensions for a day, I'm in.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

Virigoth posted:

code:
22:41:41 bmoonSA : Oh! We have an impromptu combat project posted on SA. Is there a beginner's guide to combat?
22:42:32 Ozzy : Combat guide: Put on armour, equip weaons, press battle... wait
22:42:49 Ozzy : Use the beta of course and eat smoked salmon
22:42:55 bmoonSA : Ranger or Warrior?
22:43:05 Ozzy : BETA, Beeeeeee TAAAAAA
22:43:36 bmoonSA : Oh, beta doesn't have that option. Thanks Haha
22:43:38 Ozzy : Go to settings, scroll down, enable beta
22:43:50 bmoonSA : Got it!
edit: Start eating smoked salmon when you can one-hit with only a dagger.

bmoon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 18, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

:axe: :axe: :axe:

It has begun!

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
In as Blerg

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Looks like we got a few thousand hides today on Murderspree Monday! Thanks for playing Goons! Next week I might have some prizes...

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

In as WhaleSlam

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Invited :)

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Just another general message for those of you who have stopped playing. We miss you but if you aren't coming back please drop all your poo poo off in guild storage :)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Interested in giving this a try, name is Klungar in game.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Klungar posted:

Interested in giving this a try, name is Klungar in game.

invite out

Radiofreak
Feb 25, 2011

Tin Pin's a battle between SOULS!

It's like your fiery passion slams into the other guy's, like WHAM!
In as Radiofreak

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Invited.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

history of pets:

quote:

10:11:10 RWSA : so....what exactly can we do with Manual > Items > Amethyst ?
10:11:21 Altoscholto : nothing
10:11:25 RWSA : ....
10:11:35 RWSA : i feel useful
10:11:35 Altoscholto : the geode gems were used in making pets outfits
10:11:49 Altoscholto : they have not been repurposed since the pets died
10:16:09 Altoscholto : geode cutting though is still fairly nice xp
10:16:53 RWSA : yes, i'm not complaining about the xp
10:17:26 Altoscholto : hopefully the gems will get another use at some sort of relatively soon point in time also
10:48:36 Eshomlod : what did pets do
10:53:11 Altoscholto : they broke the economy and almost killed the game
10:53:26 Eshomlod : oh really
10:53:46 RWSA : lol
10:53:53 Altoscholto : well, matter of perspective
10:55:01 Altoscholto : they consumed cooked fish and performed actions in one of 3 skills
10:55:19 Altoscholto : we had fishing pets, woodcutting pets, and mining pets
10:55:41 DivineCoffeeBinge : ...so you could trade fish for raw materials, essentially?
10:56:04 Altoscholto : they gained xp and levels etc, and their level determined what actions they could do (same levels as us for the actions)
10:56:11 Altoscholto : sort of
10:56:36 Altoscholto : you had to level them up to reach the levels to do stuff
10:56:50 Altoscholto : so initially they could only mine iron ores for example
10:57:08 DivineCoffeeBinge : Yeah, but still, if I had a neverending source of cherry logs I'd be over the moon.
10:57:19 Altoscholto : the higher the level action the longer they took
10:57:31 Altoscholto : but its not neverending
10:57:40 DivineCoffeeBinge : yaaaaaaaay treemurder
10:57:58 Eshomlod : automated tree murder sounds good too
10:58:08 DivineCoffeeBinge : As long as I can give it fish it is. Can you imagine what would happen if this guild had access to pets?
10:58:12 Altoscholto : you might have had a fisher pet catch the fish and the woodcutter chop the logs, but you had to actually cook the fish or pay someone to
10:58:28 Altoscholto : the thing was the mining pers
10:58:30 Altoscholto : *pets
11:00:04 Altoscholto : but yeah basically all newbies and some others would cook fish - they would be given the mats to cook with, plus get paid copper to do it
11:00:26 Altoscholto : and anyone cooking their own fish could sell them for really high amounts
11:02:08 Altoscholto : and the value of the fish was based on the value of first obsidian, and then dolomite, that carpenters could sell carved products to the NPC shops for
11:02:53 Altoscholto : back then obsidian was 20c each and I think dolomite was worth 40c each? when processed and sold to the shops
11:03:56 RWSA : alto: so it was a 95% copper-fish-economy and not much else?
11:04:07 Altoscholto : yeah
11:04:24 Altoscholto : and players were generating huge copper amounts
11:05:27 Altoscholto : if you were one who used pets you got tons of copper, if you didnt then you were suddenly poorer cos with the flood of copper into the game average prices rose heaps
11:06:09 Altoscholto : anyway, tons of inflation.. cooking became basically only fish cooking.. in fact cooking fish was basically the only useful thing anyone wanted done
11:06:15 RWSA : sounds really bad
11:06:54 Altoscholto : yeah I had little to do with them
11:07:07 Altoscholto : I reluctantly took part eventually
11:07:27 Altoscholto : a friend gave me one of each pet suit
11:08:00 Altoscholto : those were selling for about 200k each
11:08:35 Altoscholto : I chose to only start my pets after getting at least level 30 in those 3 skills
11:09:24 Altoscholto : and after I had built up a pile of 3.2k raw fish I made my ones starve
11:09:43 Altoscholto : could not be stuffed cooking any more fish at that point
11:10:11 Altoscholto : back then I was trying to focus on alchemy and it the pets just got in the way
11:10:24 Altoscholto : one player had 100+ mining pets going though
11:10:41 Altoscholto : he quit the game for 2+years when they got killed
11:12:17 DivineCoffeeBinge : oh man you could have multiple pets? Yeah, that's a gamebreaker
11:12:28 RWSA : you could have multiple pets? i didn't know that
11:12:34 RWSA : that makes everything way worse
11:14:01 Altoscholto : oh yes, there was no limit
11:14:23 Altoscholto : um Soda is stuck for someone to trigger a storage upgrade
11:14:40 Altoscholto : mind if I jump over for a sec?
11:15:02 Altoscholto : hos guildies with the carp levels are asleep
11:15:07 Altoscholto : *his
11:15:25 Altoscholto : brb
11:47:23 Chunjee : Altoscholto does not appear anywhere in chat history. nice work g-man
11:47:39 RWSA : someone invite alto back
11:47:42 Schmendrick : Yeah I noticed that when I wanted to go back and read about pets

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Just signed up as Ripley, this looks interesting.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Ripley posted:

Just signed up as Ripley, this looks interesting.

Invite sent

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If any of our loverly alchemist could put out some more sewing potions that'd be awesome! We've got stuffed peppers in the meantime but my body loves some 5 hour sewing potion energy.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Virigoth posted:

If any of our loverly alchemist could put out some more sewing potions that'd be awesome! We've got stuffed peppers in the meantime but my body loves some 5 hour sewing potion energy.

I can do sewing but the problem is it shared materials with the wizard bank stuff. How many are you looking for?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Virigoth posted:

Fell free to use all of http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/elixir_of_light or http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/elixir_of_darkness if the time is right for you. It gives me an excuse to make more Ambrosia. Or use some http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/iris-scented_candle
I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so Sewing Potions will take a while (if someone else doesn't make them) but i think the stuff i linked should get you through the next days ;)

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 28, 2016

Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest
In as Hestler

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Emo Rodeo posted:

In as Hestler

Invite sent

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

This looks like the correct amount of effort for me to play.

In as Nuclearmonkee.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nuclearmonkee posted:

This looks like the correct amount of effort for me to play.

In as Nuclearmonkee.

sent press butan

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Idle games seem good. Please invite xiw.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

xiw posted:

Idle games seem good. Please invite xiw.

Invite sent

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Idle busywork? Sounds exactly like my kind of game!

In as Panic.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Idle busywork? Sounds exactly like my kind of game!

In as Panic.

I got you bae, invite sent.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'm currently not working (medical leave) and spend a fair amount of time every day doing my extensions. I've been trying to level alchemy when I'm not at the extensions but I'm wondering if it would be helpful to put that aside for a while and do nothing but extensions (mine and others I have access to) all day?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ratzap posted:

I'm currently not working (medical leave) and spend a fair amount of time every day doing my extensions. I've been trying to level alchemy when I'm not at the extensions but I'm wondering if it would be helpful to put that aside for a while and do nothing but extensions (mine and others I have access to) all day?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lXTInOVFZu2DYGDZ1qMD9kh49ys11-uIleEPHQDZiM/edit?usp=sharing

Ginseng, Lavender, and Mandrake Root are all in demand right now because of this project. Lavender is (kind of) nice because of its high output slot multiplier, which means you can set it to pick and go away for the better part of an hour (if the garden's high enough level). If you're doing veggie gardens, tomatoes and peppers are pretty much always needed. And if you want to keep levelling alchemy, you can grind up whatever's in the project storage (Wizard Blood Bank). And if you run out of stuff to crush and all your gardens are on cooldown, you can gather mushrooms.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Ratzap posted:

Roflex posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lXTInOVFZu2DYGDZ1qMD9kh49ys11-uIleEPHQDZiM/edit?usp=sharing

Ginseng, Lavender, and Mandrake Root are all in demand right now because of this project. Lavender is (kind of) nice because of its high output slot multiplier, which means you can set it to pick and go away for the better part of an hour (if the garden's high enough level). If you're doing veggie gardens, tomatoes and peppers are pretty much always needed. And if you want to keep levelling alchemy, you can grind up whatever's in the project storage (Wizard Blood Bank). And if you run out of stuff to crush and all your gardens are on cooldown, you can gather mushrooms.

Another option which I've been doing is to arbitrage the flax copper / exp, since I can sell the flax for 20, buy the others for less(7/8/9 at the moment), and it's actually better exp since I'm stocking more often and at a higher rate. Depends on your level of activity/gathering level/gear, but worth considering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Totally worth all the effort.

:meat: 2016 ... never forget.