Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The correct answers were already posted on page 1 of the thread, so I skipped the rest of it.

Tribes 1
Tribes 2
AVP2 (especially after the Primal Hunt expansion)

Honorable mention to America's Army v 2.x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Overwatch lol

gently caress that retard poo poo for 8 year olds, I respect mine craft more

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lpzie posted:

wulfram 2

drat I remember this game and have been wondering what ever happened to it, sad to see it closed down

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Worms: Armageddon.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse posted:

Worms: Armageddon.

The game has been updated to play on modern systems and still has an active multiplayer scene, I play regularly with friends and strangers online

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ColoradoCleric posted:

drat I remember this game and have been wondering what ever happened to it, sad to see it closed down

I got the creator on facebook. He lost all the files and doesn't seem interested in bringing it back to life.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

ColoradoCleric posted:

The game has been updated to play on modern systems and still has an active multiplayer scene, I play regularly with friends and strangers online

I bought the updated version a couple years ago. I'm primarily a roper, and that scene was dead when last I checked.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Command and Conquer Renegade has a fan remake that I wish more people knew about https://renegade-x.com/

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Team Fortress Classic was the only game I will ever truly love. RIP conc jumping and det pack gibbs on 56k

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

Wendigee posted:

Subspace aka continuum

There are still League seasons for TW I think, I'm sure there are only a handful of squads that actually play... but yeah, I miss that game.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hell yeah. The mechpacks honestly were the first example of modern DLC.. that weren't DLC. It's kind of great.

MW4: Mercenaries online was one of the best multiplayer games ever. Anyone who played with some pubs didn't get it. Anyone who played in a league knew how special it was.

I have a screenshot of me outscoring an entire team with a long tom Chimera defending our #1 spot on CBL. it was magic. [TB] FOREVER!

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
has anyone said swat 4?
swat 4.

KaiserKarl
Dec 31, 2006
Not fully prepared to admit how much I miss Ultima Online, also Quake 2 and CS Source. This is 30.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
firearms source

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

tribes 2 by a long shot

easily

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
JumpGate: The Reconstruction Initiative

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Netrek

gently caress you I'm old

also a reminder this smilie exists :hellyeah:

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 26, 2016

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Soldier of Fortune 2 was p brutal wrt dismemberment, that's why I always used the sniper rifle, shotgun power combo :smuggo:

Rise of Nations was a fun little strategy game

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Spy vs Merc pvp was pretty great, I think that was the first time I had used my PS2 to play a game online.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Summer Games on C64 owned when exiled to the basement with distant cousins during family gatherings

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Forgotten Hope 1 rocked. FH2 sucks because the BF2 engine was poo poo.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Rape Stink posted:

Team Fortress Classic was the only game I will ever truly love. RIP conc jumping and det pack gibbs on 56k

did you get a load of the guy who said it looked slow with a low skill cap?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Frog Act posted:

Soldier of Fortune 2 and Red Faction both had awesome multiplayer

soldier of fortune 2 was amazing

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Alien vs. Predator 2

and Day of Defeat 1.3

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 26, 2016

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Opposing Force CTF, no idea why they took it out of the Steam version

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Rune Quake.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pansacola posted:

has anyone said swat 4?
swat 4.

Game owns so so much. I remember setting up a LAN in my house to play with friends on our laptops. loving amazing gunplay in it. Would love to see a new SWAT on PS4
Also if you didn't spend ten minutes tazering/pepper spraying the sex criminal's mother then lol just lol

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Space Jam posted:

Alien vs. Predator 2

and Day of Defeat 1.3

This. Also:

-- Red Alert 2
-- Fallout: Tactics (gently caress you, that game ruled the poo poo. Especially playing WWII weapons only, or Vietnam weapons only)
-- Firearms mod for Half Life
-- Starcraft used map settings mods that were like scenarios and poo poo for Dawn of the Dead or Starship troopers. poo poo ruled.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Op's mother

The General
Mar 4, 2007

field balm posted:

Action Quake 2, OP.

I was ridiculously good at AQ2. Like 1v3 me cause you're gonna need friends bro good.

I'm pretty thankful progaming wasn't a thing back then because I probably would have tried.

Edit: loving auto correct.

The General fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 26, 2016

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Diablo 2. I remember staying up all night to kill andariel and got to act 2 and random dude I played with gave me 2 pieces of angelic set and I was blown away by how cool the loot was with +1 to light radius and 10% fire resist and set bonuses. Plus the text for the item was shiny green color instead of the blue and white poo poo I was wearing. I became instantly addicted and never lived a fulfilling teenage life because of it.

Worth it tho cuz I had windforce, arreats and vampire gaze against buriza noobs

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

rear end Creed Brotherhood. There was a whole lot of cool spy poo poo you could do. The little I played of the sequel's multiplayer it was way less stealth focused and I never played 3 or black flag.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Quake Wars, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Alert 2, C&C 3, Lord of the Rings Online, Halo PC and CSS. Some good times on all of those.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Desert Combat 0.7

runner up: Exit Path

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Starcraft 1 had some pretty awesome custom maps. Warcraft 3 did too for awhile before Dota ruined everything

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Protagonist posted:

did you get a load of the guy who said it looked slow with a low skill cap?

I hate you.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

drat that's a good one.

I can thank Quake for my successful IT career and my many friends in the Service Industry for cheap drinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Rape Stink posted:

COMMAND. CENTER. DESTROYED. BLUE TEAM FLAGS. RESET.

No one really knew about the detpack, because there were like 3 or 4 places in the entire game that used them, and it was bound by default to M which wasn't used by anything else, nor would you press it by mistake. I remember on maps like Dustbowl, where it progressed from one cap point to the next, it would use the defenders team spawn as the attackers spawn for the next point. So if you knew they were about to cap, you could plant a det pack in your spawn and time it just right that just as they all spawned it went off and you killed like 16 people at once. Ahhh... good times. Conc-jumping was incredible too. SUCH A GOOD GAME

• Locked thread