Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Canemacar posted:

If they do that, they should make the tele-residue on people who use it a little more obvious if only to clue in the other team that there is one.

You should already know if there is a teleporter by checking to see if there is a Symmetra on the other team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hey abusive chat silence again sure whatever I'm sure all those people who called me human being got punished too, no? Go figure. It's not like chat is ever productive. On another note gently caress you I'm not defending at the gas station get your asses over here.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey abusive chat silence again sure whatever I'm sure all those people who called me human being got punished too, no? Go figure. It's not like chat is ever productive. On another note gently caress you I'm not defending at the gas station get your asses over here.

so what you're saying is you're abusive and you don't know how to play dorado, good to know

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Canemacar posted:

If they do that, they should make the tele-residue on people who use it a little more obvious if only to clue in the other team that there is one.

idk your team literally wont shut up about the presence of a teleporter so idk how some little blue lights is going to help

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

so what you're saying is you're abusive and you don't know how to play dorado, good to know

Dorado has a gas station?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Dorado has a gas station?

Route 66, then.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Thats not another note, that's the same note

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why would you not defend at the gas station?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Nah there are plenty of perfectly nice people who still insist on suiciding into the enemy spawn where it takes them 6 seconds to get back and takes you like 20.

Zoness posted:

why would you not defend at the gas station?

because the other guy did it and he might get a head start on the gold star for damage dealt :ohdear:

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 26, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i wonder if he also rages at his team when they suggest to give up the first point on gibraltar, or when his reinhardt takes the lift on hollywood after losing point A, etc

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Nah there are plenty of perfectly nice people who still insist on suiciding into the enemy spawn where it takes them 6 seconds to get back and takes you like 20.

I've been on teams that have managed to keep the attackers from even getting to the gas station before. It requires teamwork and a teleport certainly helps, but its not impossible.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Canemacar posted:

I've been on teams that have managed to keep the attackers from even getting to the gas station before. It requires teamwork and a teleport certainly helps, but its not impossible.

Sure, I've been on the delivering end of total stomps too. It's still taking a big risk for basically no benefit since there's not a checkpoint between the start and the gas station, and the gas station gives you better cover, high ground, easier access to health packs than the enemy team has, and is further from their spawn.

e: Think of it this way: every time you kill someone in this game, the value of that is based on how much they would have contributed if they weren't dead. The longer it takes them to walk back, the more valuable a kill is. This is why Blizzard can completely shift the balance of a map just by doing something like moving the spawn point 10 meters further back into the spawn area.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 26, 2016

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I keep wanting to try a bunch of heroes out in quick play, but then nobody goes support and I default back to Lucio :sigh:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KoB posted:

Also the part were he was trolling with teleporters pointing off cliffs.

Not seeing a problem here. Just adding some new emergent gameplay in the form of the "Guess the direction to go" Symmetra mini game.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i'd laugh my rear end off if symmetra teleported me off a cliff, it's a lot more setup than mei ice walling you or something and if it happens once you know never to trust her again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cactrot posted:

I keep wanting to try a bunch of heroes out in quick play, but then nobody goes support and I default back to Lucio :sigh:

Zennyatta. You can feel good that you're "support" but you can actually so stuff

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I've found in comp mode that Zen also gets you way more skill rank credit than the other so supports (though I have yet to use Ana in comp). Probably because you can easily do 10k+ healing and 10k+ damage in the same game.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I haven't played for 3 weeks. What's the current meta?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Chewbot posted:

McCree got buffed, is somewhere between "really good" and "old Widowmaker" tier, D. Va is arguably the best tank in the game, Zenyatta + Lucio is the preferred healer lineup, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chewbot posted:

Reduce the enemy teams HP to 0 while keeping your teams hp as close to 100 as possible while maintaining and capturing objectives.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

McCree got buffed, is somewhere between "really good" and "old Widowmaker" tier, D. Va is arguably the best tank in the game, Zenyatta + Lucio is the preferred healer lineup, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Wait, Dva is the best tank in the game and Zenyatta has replaced Mercy?

The gently caress happened?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chewbot posted:

McCree is back to being absurdly powerful. Zenyatta is no longer a bad pick and sees consistent play in just about every game. No one plays Mercy anymore. Ranged damage is currently too dang high and there's a definite sense of rocket tag in the game that there wasn't pre-patch.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chewbot posted:

D.Va can now nullify most attacks in the game, including several ults, by right clicking at them. Zenyatta doesn't insta-die anymore so his powerful debuff actually enters play.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Chewbot posted:

The gently caress happened?

this: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747185139

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
eh some people are way blowing out of proportion how good Dva is now. She's fun and not dumpster tier but Reinhardt and Zarya are still king and queen (depending on map yaddayadda), except you can get away with Dva as a good viable option now. Roadhogs also still decent on tighter maps like Anub A or something but hurts a bit more on open stuff like Gibralter or numbani and such since he's easy to headshot and lacks mobility/shielding.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xaris posted:

eh some people are way blowing out of proportion how good Dva is now. She's fun and not dumpster tier but Reinhardt and Zarya are still king and queen (depending on map yaddayadda), except you can get away with Dva as a good viable option now. Roadhogs also still decent on tighter maps like Anub A or something but hurts a bit more on open stuff like Gibralter or numbani and such since he's easy to headshot and lacks mobility/shielding.

D.Va is literally the most used tank in competitive Overwatch. Slightly more than Reinhardt and far more than Zarya

The matrix change was massive and lets her chew up so drat many attacks while rocketing through the entire enemy team and being super disruptive.

edit: from this past weekend

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

D.va is really good and gives you more potential to carry than rein. You can fly up and shut down soldier, mcree, Pharah ults or heroes. You can't force people to stand behind your shield.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Dva, who is me irl, is easily the best and most fun tank to play. Defense Matrix being a toggle feels so good it's amazing that it wasn't that way from the start. You feel so much more like a tank now that you actually can depend on having access to your defensive ability at all times. She feels MUCH more effective against Roadhog because he's so slow to fire that you can toggle your Matrix on and off as he reloads and tear his rear end up. She's even more of an anti-tank tank than she already was (except Zarya lol)

Also new ult owns owns owns, although when I first started playing with it I kept overshooting it over and over because I'm used to the long-rear end delay lol

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What we should legitimately find concerning is that nine heroes are unplayable, as of yet. A couple of these have the potential to be picked up (Mei in particular is a huge counter to D.Va and is starting to see some play, and I think Ana just needs some teams to become comfortable with coordinating with her) but Bastion and Torbjörn and Hanzo and Symmetra were never used much in the first place and seem completely forgotten now. Pharah and Junkrat have disappeared thanks to their counters becoming so much stronger.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

flashman posted:

D.va is really good and gives you more potential to carry than rein. You can fly up and shut down soldier, mcree, Pharah ults or heroes. You can't force people to stand behind your shield.

I am like 99% sure you can absorb an entire Reaper ult from all directions if you stand such that Reaper is totally within your APM cone, which is easily the coolest thing to do in Overwatch

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I reckon they'll either increase the drain rate or increase the cooldown between toggles. Having the same total uptime and cooldown but being able to toggle it on and off is a huge buff. That's the only thing I think they'll nerf on her. The ult change has opened up more options for her and I don't think they'll take that away.

McCree either needs a slight damage nerf or a bit more dropoff. I feel with Zen becoming more viable he's a decent counter to Pharah, coupled with Soldier they probably don't need another character to be good at murdering people at long range.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I just gained a rank and a half in two wins with Zen. That's like 15 Mercy wins worth.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nerf.........................Genji?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Didn't they patch that?

They did, Zarya's bubble absolutely does not take priority.

Which is... I don't know, maybe for the best balance-wise? But feels awful.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Trying out WEBMs.

This is a good way to end a night.

http://webmshare.com/Qx00a

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Night Blade posted:

Trying out WEBMs.

:drat:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Cactrot posted:

Just do it. Just embrace the kookiness of QP and play whatever the gently caress you want. Save tryharding for comp mode.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Night Blade posted:

Trying out WEBMs.

that wave at the end that lasts the last three frames is the icing on the cake

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They did, Zarya's bubble absolutely does not take priority.

Which is... I don't know, maybe for the best balance-wise? But feels awful.

Oh I didn't even realize that, that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I want to get good at Ana but I feel bad everytime I pick her because I'm useless. I'm serious that it seems like you can give me two of the same gun, but if one looks like a sniper I will never hit a thing. And since I haven't played in awhile none of the heroes feel very good to play.