Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

KingReploid posted:

Discord link in OP is expired! I want to get in on this fun looking RO ripoff.

Oops. https://discord.gg/0rKIOWyaeDlPdPyP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Do goons still play this or?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Michaellaneous posted:

I think it's pretty lonely right now.

I'm waiting for the rank 8 classes and I suspect a lot of people are doing the same.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

I'm playing, and I know a few other people are as well. Also a bunch of people said they'll come back when we get the kTOS updates in a few weeks.

Also, today was the first day of the event that gives a special reward. It was 20 event TP! Not bad!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

kTOS balance changes, PVP Arena, and tons of events on Monday! Woo! :toot:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silento posted:

kTOS balance changes, PVP Arena, and tons of events on Monday! Woo! :toot:

So what are the events and the rewards?

also Swordsman rank 8 preview

lol lancer. because we really needed another spear user

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
actually we did, because i can't handle historically accurate dragoons

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
gonna mess around with this before legion launches. are the historically accurate dragoons good because thats what i want to play

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Patch notes are up: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=551

We didn't get all the content (quests, saalus convent special enhancements) of kTOS, but we did get most or all of the balance changes! Do be warned though that there may be typos in the notes, I noticed one in Paladin's Resist Elements change list. Also we got the penguin mount!!

Edit: Also they made guild hamsters not dumb, we need to get leveling so we can get some!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

patch notes posted:

Hell Breath
- This skill now has increased attack from base level 96.25 to 145, increase per level from 28.75 to 43.1.
- This skill will now have a low chance of inflicting enemies with the Hell Breath debuff for 7 seconds. It will deal 50% more damage on fire-type attacks.

oh Hell Yes time to grind up some wiz3/pyro3 Grita cosplay

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lots of cool changes but the game is unplayable cause of fps stutter :sigh:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
FPS bug is apparently fixable with a repair install of the game. Also, even though it's not a hugely deep thing, the 5v5 team battle PvP arena is a nice fun little diversion, with an event going on right now for 15 wins in a week!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Archer time motherfuckers

Falconer might finally be good depending on how often Pre-emptive strike procs and the uptime. :birddrugs:

Musketeer and Cannoneer still owning. I guess the merkin Mergen is just a cannoneer without the cannon.

SR and now melee SR still seem bad.

but still no archer hidden class :(

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Murmillo looks sick but is probably garbage because it is a swordsman class.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Archer time motherfuckers

Falconer might finally be good depending on how often Pre-emptive strike procs and the uptime. :birddrugs:

Musketeer and Cannoneer still owning. I guess the merkin Mergen is just a cannoneer without the cannon.

SR and now melee SR still seem bad.

but still no archer hidden class :(

They wouldn't reveal a hidden class in a preview, anyway. I've seen speculation that Miko will be a R8 Archer hidden class because I guess real Mikos use ceremonial bows and arrows sometimes? IDK I'm not that much of a weeb.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I think it's time for this char to lose its EXP card virginity! :eyepop:

(excuse the poor editing job)

I actually have enough cards to get to 98, I forgot to check the achievement NPC before posting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cleric classes

lol the gender swap shop skill was real

both of the new classes seem great too

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 5, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
only TOS would name a cleric skill after an anal torture device

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
This looked interesting so I rolled up a char and started playing. It levels pretty fast with all the cards you get but the control layout is taking some getting used to (I keep pressing WASD keys to try and move). Refreshingly no-one has blind invited me to a group or a guild yet which must be an MMO first for me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is there a reason why performance seems to be worse now than what it was during launch?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is there a reason why performance seems to be worse now than what it was during launch?

I haven't noticed this, myself. In fact a month or two back they had a patch that improved my fps a good bit!

Ratzap posted:

This looked interesting so I rolled up a char and started playing. It levels pretty fast with all the cards you get but the control layout is taking some getting used to (I keep pressing WASD keys to try and move). Refreshingly no-one has blind invited me to a group or a guild yet which must be an MMO first for me.

Hop in our discord (https://discord.gg/0rKIOWyaeDlPdPyP) if you have any questions! I can make room for you in the guild if you want, as well.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Silento posted:

I haven't noticed this, myself. In fact a month or two back they had a patch that improved my fps a good bit!

Hop in our discord (https://discord.gg/0rKIOWyaeDlPdPyP) if you have any questions! I can make room for you in the guild if you want, as well.

No rush unless there's some benefit of having low levels or actives guilded. I made a priest and a pyro so far (I fiddled with the skill planner) and I might make some more to find what clicks most for me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ratzap posted:

you can change it from the default keyboard only controls to auto, which does let you move with WASD

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

you can change it from the default keyboard only controls to auto, which does let you move with WASD

Ah thanks, I'll look into that tomorrow. I finished for the day with the priest at L34. Up till the prison part (I took the town start place) there seemed to be a lot of quests and plot (however interesting) but after that it's down to one plus a repeatable. Am I right in assuming this is about when we're expected to grind mobs for experience?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mouse mode also lets you do this.

Ratzap posted:

Ah thanks, I'll look into that tomorrow. I finished for the day with the priest at L34. Up till the prison part (I took the town start place) there seemed to be a lot of quests and plot (however interesting) but after that it's down to one plus a repeatable. Am I right in assuming this is about when we're expected to grind mobs for experience?

You're about 120 levels too early. You can switch to the other starting zone for even more exp cards from quests by buying a Klaipeda/Orsha Teleport Scroll from the NPC Item Merchant.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 7, 2016

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
dp

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
How are they making money off this game? The TP shop didn't seem to have anything much apart from appearance stuff. Maybe the rez stones are useful but there's no pay to win which asian games tend to have (I played Eden Eternal for a while).

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Ratzap posted:

How are they making money off this game? The TP shop didn't seem to have anything much apart from appearance stuff. Maybe the rez stones are useful but there's no pay to win which asian games tend to have (I played Eden Eternal for a while).

I'm not sure how profitable it is. kToS is mid tier in the mmo rankings over there last i checked (a long time ago), certainly not a major success. It wasn't doing anywhere near bad enough to be in real trouble, though. Also tokens cost 198 for the first few months of kToS and a month or two of iToS. In kToS the rez stones and warp scrolls cost 1 each, and you can buy a pack of 10 warp scrolls for 5. Also their free TP regens every 2 hours instead of 4. The way it works in our version is fine though imo, I never use warp scrolls or rez crystals anyway and you get them from events now. :v:

Costumes and mounts are pretty expensive, so they might be making money on those? Premium hairstyles also cost a lot. I'm glad the only "P2W" feature is hat enchants, if it even gives a significant enough advantage to TP buyers to be called P2W.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Looking at the amount of penguins running around, they probably are making enough off it.

I managed to die (I zoned from a L20 area to L100 somehow) and all my gems fell on the floor. That was rather rude.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Ratzap posted:

Looking at the amount of penguins running around, they probably are making enough off it.

I managed to die (I zoned from a L20 area to L100 somehow) and all my gems fell on the floor. That was rather rude.

Ah, you found the secret floor(2, actually) of the Crystal Mine. A lot of this game is kind of like that, filled with secrets for an enhanced sense of adventuuuuuuuuuuure!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Today's special reward from the mystery gift event is a Stat Reset Pot!!! There is no prior completion req to get it, all you have to do it accept the quest and give the box to the NPC.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silento posted:

Today's special reward from the mystery gift event is a Stat Reset Pot!!! There is no prior completion req to get it, all you have to do it accept the quest and give the box to the NPC.

Where is the npc?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

He walks around the zone. If you mean where to accept the quest, it's from the Event Board next to the Wings of Vibora NPCs in Klai and Orsha.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Silento posted:

do they sell these yet?

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 13, 2016

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hy_C posted:

do they sell these yet?

No. Also that post was from yesterday, so you already missed it if you wanted it :(

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New patch tonight with more balance changes, some good costumes, and the card equip and item transcendence systems: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=603

Also, a new event: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=602

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Druid

Shape Shifting
- Fixed the error that made the server crash just before finishing the duration of this skill.

Seems like a good bug to fix.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

hooooooooype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypr95FipDBk

Also, the party bug is fixed!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Silento posted:

hooooooooype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypr95FipDBk

Also, the party bug is fixed!

Oh they showed off the miko, no idea what she was doing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh they showed off the miko, no idea what she was doing though.

it kinda looked like she was using the little spirit stick thing to reflect projectiles but it was .05 seconds so who knows

• Locked thread