Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
my only lifting injury in 4 years was the one time i lifted after drinking at my sisters bday party, i was doing chest flys and something snapped in my shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Should have used your chest and not your shoulder

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I just cut the tip of my finger off (skin and meat) trying to break toffee apart.

It is my punishment for being a skinnyfat gently caress.

How will this affect my lifts?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your finger fell off because you were trying to eat candy?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I went bouldering for the first time in a couple of months on Sunday. The newly cleaned holds did a fine job of sandpapering all the skin off my hands and fingertips. Last night I went into the gym and did some bench because I need chest meat and I thought all would be fine. Turns out the fingertip pain was masking the ache from climbing and my lats complained a bunch.

That's my story thank you for listening.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I just cut the tip of my finger off (skin and meat) trying to break toffee apart.

It is my punishment for being a skinnyfat gently caress.

How will this affect my lifts?

eat the fingertip. lifts will go up.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

should i do steroids. only reason not to do them is so i can feel smug about not doing them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This heat wave in the US has been a total gainskiller. I have no appetite for anything when it's hot out and I think I've sweat off 5 lbs. in the last two weeks just trying to run in the morning.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

This heat wave in the US has been a total gainskiller. I have no appetite for anything when it's hot out and I think I've sweat off 5 lbs. in the last two weeks just trying to run in the morning.

Switch to lifting heavy things in an air conditioned studio gym to control weight loss by sundeath

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

numberoneposter posted:

lifting drunk seems like a good way to get a loving heart attack

squats and shots

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

should i do steroids. only reason not to do them is so i can feel smug about not doing them.

squats and...shots

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

U can feel smug about doing them too

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

only do roids if you're over 30 imo

also if you've already been lifting for at least 3 years already

youre probably gonna lose hair also

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Or just age gracefully and accept the inevitability of your death.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

notZaar posted:

Or just age gracefully and accept the inevitability of your death.

die swolest or live longer and die only as swole as your low-T, the eternal question of life

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Live swole, die swole

Without steroids, this is what you will become as you inch closer to death

With steroids, you can become a swole granpa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

MAKE UR CHOICCZ

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Fallows posted:

my only lifting injury in 4 years was the one time i lifted after drinking at my sisters bday party, i was doing chest flys and something snapped in my shoulder

I injured myself lifting while on drugs. Interfering with the physical chemistry of your body and then putting intense strain on muscles/joints is generally a bad idea unless you're mainlining bull semen.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I went kayaking with my young kid the other day on a big bay and it ended up getting windy and we had to go against the wind to get back to the car. It got so bad he couldn't even paddle back under the big bridge, the wind whipping through there was pushing him sideways and turning him around. After a few minutes of trying to nudge him through with my own kayak I said gently caress IT and lashed the nose of his kayak to the rear end of mine with my leather belt, and power-paddled the mile back to the put-in. The whole time I was thinking like THANK YOU STRONG SHOULDER AND ROWS WORKOUTS FOR THE LAST YEAR.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

GORDON posted:

I went kayaking with my young kid the other day on a big bay and it ended up getting windy and we had to go against the wind to get back to the car. It got so bad he couldn't even paddle back under the big bridge, the wind whipping through there was pushing him sideways and turning him around. After a few minutes of trying to nudge him through with my own kayak I said gently caress IT and lashed the nose of his kayak to the rear end of mine with my leather belt, and power-paddled the mile back to the put-in. The whole time I was thinking like THANK YOU STRONG SHOULDER AND ROWS WORKOUTS FOR THE LAST YEAR.

Nice, applied swole!

Think I'm going to take the threads advice and take steroids. I'm 31, gently caress it. Brb going to google how to roid out

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped lifting for a week or two because my shoulder was popping and crunching when I rotated it and now it doesn't crunch and pop anywhere near as much so I think I probably did my rotator cuff a favour and by letting it heal

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

please don't drop the weights

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I've started getting elbow pain during bench pressing which I suspect is the dreaded itis.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
careful

too much salami and u get gout

still worth it imho

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Zzulu posted:

Live swole, die swole

Without steroids, this is what you will become as you inch closer to death

With steroids, you can become a swole granpa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

MAKE UR CHOICCZ

Convincing argument.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

I've started getting elbow pain during bench pressing which I suspect is the dreaded itis.

rip

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I've been training for a 100 mile run in august so I've been hitting 90-115 miles per week but I have the upper body of a 5th grade oakie. Gonna start doing push ups and reverse pull ups to get some gainz

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Squats and oats dude. 5x5 squats GOMAD

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
How is a squat going to improve his upper body? He needs to press and row imo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rowing is a good freaking idea. Upper body plus lactate threshold training? You bet.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Also rather than doing reverse pullups you should consider doing pullups.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
At 115 miles/week I'm jealous of your caloric maintenance level.

Not jealous enough to run 115 miles/week, just like passively jealous or something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

I've been training for a 100 mile run in august so I've been hitting 90-115 miles per week but I have the upper body of a 5th grade oakie. Gonna start doing push ups and reverse pull ups to get some gainz

eat:

salami
burritos
maybe some broccoli/spinach (for pooping)

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Someone just posted a pic of their 29 minute mile on a treadmill like they were proud of it. They aren't even obese or have a disease or something.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

SpeedyCow posted:

Someone just posted a pic of their 29 minute mile on a treadmill like they were proud of it. They aren't even obese or have a disease or something.

was it on a huge incline or something?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeh.. dont do squats if you want to buff up your upper body

squats are for a nice hammy rear end and thick centaur legs

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

ya true, but also front squats build a nice core. want that tortoise bod.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

eat:

salami
burritos
maybe some broccoli/spinach (for pooping)

I keep seeing diet tips in this thread that smell dubious.... and I see salami and burittos pop often more often than anything.

Not sure if serious.

I am not a dietitian and don't really know aside from if you're trying to lose fat or keep it off, avoid sugar/carbs, and eat lots of protein for good muscle mass.

So, salami and burritos? Is that Arnold's old training diet?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Salami and burritos are great if you want to get swollen, not so much if you're looking for a lean muscular look.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

GORDON posted:

I keep seeing diet tips in this thread that smell dubious.... and I see salami and burittos pop often more often than anything.

Not sure if serious.

I am not a dietitian and don't really know aside from if you're trying to lose fat or keep it off, avoid sugar/carbs, and eat lots of protein for good muscle mass.

So, salami and burritos? Is that Arnold's old training diet?

realtalk the worst thing about salami & burritos is the sodium + nitrates.

You probably know this, but a gram of any macro is only "bad" is if it takes you over your caloric limit, or if it's taking up space in your diet such that you can't meet other macro needs.

Salami and burritos being recommended are mostly a joke, since they're pretty much the last thing a person will think of when considering "health" foods. In due fairness, they are calorie dense and if attaining your caloric goals are your struggling point, then they might actually help out with that.

On the other hand, in addition to aggravating any pre-existing blood pressure issues, the aforementioned sodium will make you retain water like a sponge, so is not good for physique/aesthetics.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Ruzihm posted:

was it on a huge incline or something?

Nope not even that. Talked about how they almost stopped after 5 minutes and only through the power of song could they get through. I don't think I can walk 2.1mph without pulling a hip flexor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

realtalk the worst thing about salami & burritos is the sodium + nitrates.

You probably know this, but a gram of any macro is only "bad" is if it takes you over your caloric limit, or if it's taking up space in your diet such that you can't meet other macro needs.

Salami and burritos being recommended are mostly a joke, since they're pretty much the last thing a person will think of when considering "health" foods. In due fairness, they are calorie dense and if attaining your caloric goals are your struggling point, then they might actually help out with that.

On the other hand, in addition to aggravating any pre-existing blood pressure issues, the aforementioned sodium will make you retain water like a sponge, so is not good for physique/aesthetics.

Burrito bowl with no sour cream or rice is pretty drat healthy though.

• Locked thread