Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
What's the best way to go about completing these HoT zones? I really want to get all of these mastery points but these maps feel really spread out in a bad way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
With a group, for the most part. The map event chains cover most of them (to a far larger extent than on vanilla maps), so you can tag along with pubbies doing that, especially for Dragon's Stand and Auric Basin where people do the meta-events for money, or you can join a hero point train and then just get the few remaining points by yourself. The maps feel a lot less spread out once you get used to thinking with mushrooms, and compared to vanilla map completion, well, at least there's no hearts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I liked hearts :(

Also that new zone sounds rad, dropping bombs owwwwwwns

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I liked hearts :(

Also that new zone sounds rad, dropping bombs owwwwwwns

I still don't think I've ever actually hit mordy with a bomb.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Dropping bombs sounds cool, especially if that means we can expect more while-gliding skills elsewhere in the future as well instead of just as a living story gimmick. Gimme a map that's all airborne. Redo the Zhaitan fight from the vanilla living story to not involve an airship at any point.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Agreed waci, I want fully airborne boss fight sequences, take away glider stamina and just implement full flying goddammit anet

knowonecanknow posted:

I still don't think I've ever actually hit mordy with a bomb.

It's still fun as gently caress.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Get ready for another shield you can't enjoy, Arus.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Dreggon posted:

is this what custom arenas are like

also pve news holy poo poo elementalist is getting gutted. time to roll fresh air unless you really need a staff

Nah most people can act like a normal well adjusted person. Just seems to get get more rage when I play mes or thief because I can dance around all there attacks.

Anyway hope stability gets a nerf for bezerker in pvp. Trying to fight someone with a CC class who has pulse stability for 20 seconds at a time is well...

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Godmode Enabled posted:

Nah most people can act like a normal well adjusted person. Just seems to get get more rage when I play mes or thief because I can dance around all there attacks.

Anyway hope stability gets a nerf for bezerker in pvp. Trying to fight someone with a CC class who has pulse stability for 20 seconds at a time is well...

Counterplay?

e: someone had an accident with the self style hair kit

Adhesive Gamin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 26, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I know I'm being really impatient here but I wish while I was sitting here slowly downloading a 700+ mb patch I could read the patch notes. They aren't posted anywhere yet. I know I'll read them today, probably very soon, but I'm not being terribly unreasonable in wanting to know about what changes are going into the game while I'm currently waiting for the changes to download am I? Let me read that on the game loader.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Patch is out.

Right click your salvage kits.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dugong posted:

Which race/gender is everyone's favourite voice actor?

Sylvari/female is correct answer here btw

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Right click your salvage kits.

What does this mean/do

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

New hair style choices in makeover kits and home instance nodes for iron ore, hard wood, and flax.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh thank god they redid snowblind, what a lovely fractal that was.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
http://pastebin.com/j5PanMwp patch notes

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Added new right-click options on salvage kits to quickly salvage all items of the following qualities:
Rare quality
Masterwork and lower quality
Fine and lower quality

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

Added new right-click options on salvage kits to quickly salvage all items of the following qualities:
Rare quality
Fine and lower quality

Holy poo poo.

quote:

Molten Furnace
The “Explore the caverns with Rox and Braham” event should now progress more swiftly, with much less time spent waiting on the drill in the tunnel.

God drat, finally.

MacBook Air Gamer fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 26, 2016

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Visidan posted:

Rare quality
Fine and lower quality

:pusheen:

FINALLY

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Norns get Afros now

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Lava Font: Increased the cooldown of this skill from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in all game modes except PvP.

Overload Air: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 10%.

“Wash the Pain Away!”: The base healing per level for this skill has been decreased by 33%. The healing power contribution has been increased by 150%. The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in all game types.

I need to wait for some spreadsheet people to do their work to tell me if I should play thief or something instead.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can't wait to see the ele improvements that'll surely come this time around!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You means the ones that were just nerfed cause ele was overpowered for 3 years straight being able to heal the best and do twice as much dps as all other classes at he same time except thief (only 30% more than a thief)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_cIILRZRA

Oh man this is so good for lazy inventory people like me

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Pets: Names for unequipped pets are now remembered between sessions.

YES

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Making a guild with Rytlock? Excellent! ... Dragon's Watch? ...you sure? And Rox? Well .. she's probably the least annoying of the mook squad.

Lord, I hope I can at least pick the members from now on.

e: Oh no, they're just gonna add the old members, aren't they?

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 26, 2016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Visidan posted:

You means the ones that were just nerfed cause ele was overpowered for 3 years straight being able to heal the best and do twice as much dps as all other classes at he same time except thief (only 30% more than a thief)

Nah, the ones that make the class fun to play and not always use the same 10% of traits/skills available to the class.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah those ones were added 2 years ago

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh my god the guild hall inscription monument items, there's going to be "gently caress arus" everywhere isn't there

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god the guild hall inscription monument items, there's going to be "gently caress arus" everywhere isn't there

Now, now. Some might be "suck aruf"

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I spent literal minutes on this but if someone wants to make it into an actual Lava Font joke tia.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

quote:

Swampland
Swampland was not a particularly long or arduous fractal, but the boss fights were lackluster, and in Bloomhunger’s case, far too easy. The change to this fractal was centered around turning Swampland into a proper boss fractal.
There is now only a single path, rather than both a Mossman and Bloomhunger path, and players will fight both the Mossman and Bloomhunger in a single run.
RIP Swamp Swamp Swamp

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Now, now. Some might be "suck aruf"

and the guild anthems oh my god. This patch is the greatest.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

quote:

Banish: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 25 seconds to 18 seconds.

:getin:

But even more importantly:

/facepalm

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Schpyder posted:

/facepalm

Yeah. They thought idle animations like yawning were breaking the immersion, but at least they give us the proper tool to react when the NPC's of GW2 are doing or saying some stupid poo poo.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

OzFactor posted:

Pets: Names for unequipped pets are now remembered between sessions.

YES

HOW MANY YEARS HAS THIS GAME BEEN OUT AND IT TOOK THEM THIS loving LONG FOR THIS :argh:

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Schpyder posted:

/facepalm

Ran from off the toilet to post this, was beaten.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Facepalm just added a whole new layer to the WvW emote trash talk meta game.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

quote:

Recipes unlocked through consumables are now unlocked account-wide. Logging in with a character will add their known recipes to the account.

Wasn't someone complaining about this two pages ago?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Schpyder posted:

/facepalm

Can WvW Wednesday involve playing pubbie pinball with a swarm of DHs? Just F1 and Banish them around while spamming /facepalm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Wallet posted:

Wasn't someone complaining about this two pages ago?

I was complaining in guildchat about it a couple days ago. Now i can clear all those recipes i have because i was too lazy to hunt down the char who could use them.

• Locked thread