Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sweet, the patchnotes say that the DX12 effects will be applied to the 960m card I'm using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Yukitsu posted:

My suspicion looking at this is that orcs are looking like they'll be insane after the patch. The changes to chaos could potentially make them viable, the stats on the chosen are potentially going to be so insane that them costing a million points may not matter.

Orcs didn't need buffs as they were solidly top three and they could handle pretty much any comp, not to mention the spammy nature of them was already extremely oppressive in multiplayer, large orc armies are extremely tough. This change might push orcs over the edge to top depending on what those changes in cost actually are.

Are you mainly focusing on the black orcs and savage orc big uns changes? If the goon tournament is any indicator, this doesn't seem that bad, the buffs are to less used/somewhat easily countered units, and there are nerfs to stuff like the Arachnarok and Doom Divers. If Azhag needs his crown to be able to do magic now, that could also be a stealth nerf for Greenskins.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

quote:

Grudge Thrower

- Decreased recruitment cost

- Increased Accuracy

My favourite thing is now more accurate :allears:

Early game dwarf armies of just warriors, quarrellers and like 4 grudge throwers are so loving fun. Bonus points for orcs getting absolutely wrecked by them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Arcsquad12 posted:

I watched a Lindybeige episode where he was talking about Time Commanders and went berserk when someone mentioned units of berserkers fighting.

Just for the record, our very own medieval history thread goes berserk when someone mentions Lindybeige's opinions. :v:

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Fangz posted:

Are you mainly focusing on the black orcs and savage orc big uns changes? If the goon tournament is any indicator, this doesn't seem that bad, the buffs are to less used/somewhat easily countered units, and there are nerfs to stuff like the Arachnarok and Doom Divers. If Azhag needs his crown to be able to do magic now, that could also be a stealth nerf for Greenskins.

The doom diver is actually a really fringe pick, it rarely gets picked up by players at higher levels for orcs. The arachnarok could have its damage chopped by about a hundred and it would still be the game's strongest monster so it's unlikely to be usurped from its nerfs.

The big reason is because a lot of players, myself included really like taking black orcs and savage orc units. The limitation to those two units is they prevent you from taking a huge spam of units if you take too many or a core of them. For example, 4 black orcs really will stop you from having a full army roster assuming you take the requisite orc boar boy biguns. If they drop their costs enough they could take those black orcs along with huge boosts to the support units.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So I just found out that you can be ambushed while using Underway Stance. Not intercepted - ambushed. This seems... wrong?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So, I've been gone roughly since the end of May and was wondering what kind of changes the game has seen since release and what it's looking like now. I can see that a Beastman DLC is coming in a few days and that they have released a blood and gore DLC, but I was wondering what they have done in patches and what kind of stuff, if any, has been added in free patches and stuff since release.

Happy to see that my screenshot of Deathclaw stomping on Archaon made it into the OP.

e: Has Bretonnia made it into the campaign yet?

e2: Any good or interesting mods?

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 26, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

my dad posted:

Just for the record, our very own medieval history thread goes berserk when someone mentions Lindybeige's opinions. :v:

Internet spergs getting salty over a silly youtube channel where the guy openly admits half his points are conjecture? Say it ain't so!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

quote:

Fixed an issue that prevented cumulative resistance caps applying, enabling some units to become immune to damage

RIP Invincible Kholek. You were too good for this world.

Although I am intrigued now that he is his own one monster siege engine. Kind of happy they did that for both chaos and beastmen to make the early sieges a bit more bearable.

Edit: Kind of wish Chaos Spawn was on the siege monster list. I tend to get those online earlier than I do dragon ogres.

Edit 2: Leadership buffs for night gobbos and trolls. Maybe they'll be worth using now.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 26, 2016

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

^ Nice to see Night Gobbos & Trolls get an LD bonus, but I wish they would make the fanatics proc more often, they're way too poo poo. Good looking patch though, hopefully the customization of Lords in MP means more MP features in the future. Return of Avatar Conquest please.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Dedicated player avatars would be so great with this setting as well.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Internet spergs getting salty over a silly youtube channel where the guy openly admits half his points are conjecture? Say it ain't so!

I stopped watching his videos when he made an anti-feminism video saying how, actually, woman had a lot of power in history because pillow talk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

I stopped watching his videos when he made an anti-feminism video saying how, actually, woman had a lot of power in history because pillow talk.

Oh internet (aka humanity), you never cease to amaze me

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I was banking on a midweek sale for the base game with the expansion coming on thursday. Why do this to me. :smith:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

gigawhite posted:

I was banking on a midweek sale for the base game with the expansion coming on thursday. Why do this to me. :smith:

IIRC It was half off during the summer sale. Shoulda hopped on the bandwagon.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFoV1RREfA&feature=youtu.be

Amber Wizard video.

So basically:

Rides a Griffon

Missile Spell
Short duration offensive buff
Long duration defensive buff
AOE DOT spell
AOE Hex
Summon Manticore

Looks like a pretty fun and solidly well-rounded wizard, TBH.

madmac fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 26, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeathSandwich posted:

There is no way.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

DeathSandwich posted:

I don't remember this. I was watching it like a hawk to let me friends know to buy it.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

Pretty sure they left it at full price. Warhammer: Vermintide was half off.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The main game wasn't on sale during the summer sale. I remember seeing it remain in the top 10-15 even though every other game on the list was on sale.

I bought the beastmen DLC through GMG which is the best price I know of right now ($15).

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Randarkman posted:

So, I've been gone roughly since the end of May and was wondering what kind of changes the game has seen since release and what it's looking like now. I can see that a Beastman DLC is coming in a few days and that they have released a blood and gore DLC, but I was wondering what they have done in patches and what kind of stuff, if any, has been added in free patches and stuff since release.

Happy to see that my screenshot of Deathclaw stomping on Archaon made it into the OP.

e: Has Bretonnia made it into the campaign yet?

e2: Any good or interesting mods?

No Bretonnia yet, plenty of QoL mods to recommend. Here's a list of my subscriptions:

Aisriyths Skill Points: Boosts the number of skill points given per level
Less OP Agents: Amps up the debuff after successful enemy actions, prevents chain delays/assassinations.
Global Recruitment Buff: Removes the extra turns from global recruitment.
No Public Order Penalty and No Public Order Cheat: Also helps on agent spam, and makes vampiric/chaos rebellions on higher difficulties a thing.
Prometheus's Better Trait TriggersRetools trait triggers a bit to make negative ones less common.
Better Autoresolve: Might turn this one off, but I like that it makes autoresolve results a lot fuzzier.
Tier 4 Settlements: Adds an additional tier for settlements. Most useful in dwarf campaigns with their tier-4 resource chains. Getting to tier 4 gives you resistance to Chaos and Vampiric corruption as well as extra growth and income, so it's still worth it for Empire and Vampires.

And of course, Molay's Spells and Artifacts Mod, which seriously buffs and reworks magic for ultra unit sizes.

I haven't toyed with many of the total conversion mods, and the few I have tried I'm not really impressed by.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The main game wasn't on sale during the summer sale. I remember seeing it remain in the top 10-15 even though every other game on the list was on sale.

I bought the beastmen DLC through GMG which is the best price I know of right now ($15).

My mistake then, sorry.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I notice in the new patch notes that along with an across-the-board general buff for all artillery game-wide, the Helblaster and Hellfire rockets get a range buff, which makes the always great rockets even better and may even make Helblasters viable.

Also the Flame Cannon gets buffed all around, including +AP(!) +Range -Cost, as well as a specific mention that "Firing arc fix allows for fire from behind infantry line". And irondrakes get a general buff as well. Should be interesting to test.

sirtommygunn posted:

I want them to occasionally poo poo out demon armies that are insanely aggressive but can't be coordinated with to give you a sort of soft area control of conquered territory.

Same, hopefully they'll do this when they release the Daemons of Chaos if not before.

RentACop posted:

If you could left click your movement bar and "lock" it so you couldn't go below the notch unless you removed it, that would be cool. Not really super useful but would help in fiddly situations were I want to camp every turn

This plus a clearly indicated button/hotkey for UNDO MOVE would be so nice to have. Plus the ability to move away from a siege, not simply retreat. Really simple fixes for stupidly basic UI issues that have been around since Rome 1 :(

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Undoing moves would be extremely dumb. "oh the enemy had three armies hidden over there, time to undo!"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beastmen in Estalia is going to be so hype. The question will really be if you should ruin Tilea and Estalia first or if you should just fly north or east immediately for greater plunder

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

rockopete posted:

This plus a clearly indicated button/hotkey for UNDO MOVE would be so nice to have. Plus the ability to move away from a siege, not simply retreat. Really simple fixes for stupidly basic UI issues that have been around since Rome 1 :(

And undo move feature would be the dumbest babby's first bideo gaem bullshit. A truly awful idea.

UI could be better though.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Er good points, I hadn't thought of cheesing undo. But the rest still stands.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Locking movement to only use a certain percentage of your movement bar would still be useful. I don't know how many times I've reloaded because it looked like I'd have 25% of my movement left to go into ambush stance but SURPRISE BITCH, IT'S ACTUALLY 24%!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Designing features around a "NO TAKE BACKS" idea is fine is concept but pointless in a game that already allows full save scumming. People can and do already just reload the last autosave if they make a move they don't like during their turn. There is already nothing stopping them from save scumming till the cows come home.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Got this game. So fun. I have to stop myself from playing orkz, as I dont want to have to restart it in 2 days when beast mans get put in

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Designing features around a "NO TAKE BACKS" idea is fine is concept but pointless in a game that already allows full save scumming. People can and do already just reload the last autosave if they make a move they don't like during their turn. There is already nothing stopping them from save scumming till the cows come home.

This is the smart thing I meant to say.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

Fixed an issue where the Organ Gun would have to turn 360 degrees before moving

I KNEW IT, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS hosed WITH THE ORGAN GUNS

Now it's time to drop Thunderers from my doomstacks, yesssss

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Arcsquad12 posted:

It would be silly to get salty about it if it weren't for the fact that people from the period who made some of that stuff literally wrote manuals about it, and all he needs to do to be more accurate is to actually read them. :v: Dude thinks pikes weren't used for stabbing people.

toasterwarrior posted:

ew

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Did they ever fix magic damage scaling vs unit size or do you still need to grab a mod to fix it?

Ugh I hate that I won't have internet at home till this weekend.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Spiros posted:

Beastmen in Estalia is going to be so hype. The question will really be if you should ruin Tilea and Estalia first or if you should just fly north or east immediately for greater plunder

I'm very excited. I've literally never set foot on that part of the map because the game gives you no reason to.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Did they ever fix magic damage scaling vs unit size or do you still need to grab a mod to fix it?

They fixed it for multiplayer.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

Now it's time to drop Thunderers from my doomstacks, yesssss

Aw, thunderers own though. Someone tried to throw his boar boys into a frontal charge to break my line and he did but was probably surprised my second line was thunderers.

rockopete posted:

Also the Flame Cannon gets buffed all around, including +AP(!) +Range -Cost, as well as a specific mention that "Firing arc fix allows for fire from behind infantry line". And irondrakes get a general buff as well. Should be interesting to test.

That's good news. Flame Cannon was a big part of countering Crypt Horror spam for me, but I got a little tired of :commissar:ing my frontline when the enemy was plenty far away.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 26, 2016

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Aw, thunderers own though. Someone tried to throw his boar boys into a frontal charge to break my line and he did but was probably surprised my second line was thunderers.

Thunderers are alright, but this is for single-player where Master Engineers can do some disgusting stuff with artillery

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I do wonder if/when the Empire will get Master Engineers with pigeon bombs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

Thunderers are alright, but this is for single-player where Master Engineers can do some disgusting stuff with artillery

Yeah, mostly joking. I wasn't into organ guns recently until I think I saw an Heir of Carthage video where a handful of them wiped out a black orc unit before they could even engage. I gave them a shot and have loved them since.

• Locked thread