Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

enojy posted:

Hyper Light Drifter is out. My brain is already melting.

Anyone else get a kickstarter code that... doesn't seem to download the game? I just got 'Alternate drifter'.

I was so psyched to play it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm pretty sure ppt has story dlc

It depends on how much the story means to you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't read it anyway so not much

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

occluded posted:

Anyone else get a kickstarter code that... doesn't seem to download the game? I just got 'Alternate drifter'.

I was so psyched to play it too.

If the distribution is being done via humble again, humble has consistently hosed up every single large-scale reward distribution so you might just have to wait for a few hours.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Any rumors yet on what next month's PS+ games are going to be?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Knack

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

muscles like this? posted:

Inno but the last few months have been degrees of underwhelming. Hoping for something a bit more surprising.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

strategery posted:

Inno but the last few months have been degrees of underwhelming. Hoping for something a bit more surprising.

Furi, dude

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Something alright that the thread is gonna bitch about.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Apparently EU had Yakuza 5 up for a bit when July's games were released, it even had a banner. I'm guessing that's a potential based on when that's happened before.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Watrick posted:

Apparently EU had Yakuza 5 up for a bit when July's games were released, it even had a banner. I'm guessing that's a potential based on when that's happened before.

Oh sweet. I was gonna buy it when I worked my way through the rest od the series, but if it's on PS+ then that's like 300 kr saved.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Watrick posted:

Yakuza 5 was my favorite game from last year. It would be awesome to see more people get into it!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I grabbed it for free last month went it went up for like 2 hours before someone realised and pulled the plug :v:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Yakuza 5 was my favorite game from last year. It would be awesome to see more people get into it!

Spoil it for me (I've only finished the first one so far): Does Goro Majima show up again

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Friend, he's in all the games.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
loving radical

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Instant Grat posted:

Spoil it for me (I've only finished the first one so far): Does Goro Majima show up again

Yes. Majima is a central part of the plot.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Really tempting to get the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, I loved those games... 45 is pretty steep though. Rarely have to pay that for (non-digital) new releases.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, was about to say that $60 for the ultimate alliance bundle is too rich for my blood.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Gravy Jones posted:

Really tempting to get the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, I loved those games... £45 is pretty steep though. Rarely have to pay that for (non-digital) new releases.

Any word on how lazy the ports are? I was planning on getting just mua1 since I just wanted to scratch the Marvel game itch. Don't really need 2 similar games (plus I remember people not liking 2 back in the day)

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Haven't heard anything about the ports. Just getting one might be an idea.

Is (was) the local multiplayer any good? I played them solo when they first come out, but now have a superhero loving kid, so might be a nice game to play together (to give me a break from those bloody Lego games).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow this week deals are pretty bad. It just ten season passes on sale and that's it. I would say this would be a flash sale time, but we already had one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

Wow this week deals are pretty bad. It just ten season passes on sale and that's it. I would say this would be a flash sale time, but we already had one.

One game flash sale maybe leaves room for another?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

One game flash sale maybe leaves room for another?

They had an actual flash sale the week before.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

EDF is on sale for $20 so this is actually a good week

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Gravy Jones posted:

Haven't heard anything about the ports. Just getting one might be an idea.

Is (was) the local multiplayer any good? I played them solo when they first come out, but now have a superhero loving kid, so might be a nice game to play together (to give me a break from those bloody Lego games).

I played through both of the originals with local co-op and don't remember anything standing out to me as overly bad. Then again, it's been a long time.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Agrias120 posted:

I played through both of the originals with local co-op and don't remember anything standing out to me as overly bad. Then again, it's been a long time.

I would not recommend playing it on arcade mode with less than 4 people (the mode where it isn't 4 characters at a time always. Where you control one character all the time) . I played like half of it back then in that mode with a friend and the game doesn't scale it right so it's tedious a bit at times.

Also if this release contains the dlc, I really should have sold my 360 copy with the dlc built in when I had the chance.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Billy Gnosis posted:

Any word on how lazy the ports are? I was planning on getting just mua1 since I just wanted to scratch the Marvel game itch. Don't really need 2 similar games (plus I remember people not liking 2 back in the day)

I've read that all the DLC is not included, and there hasn't been any upscaling. I hope this is not the case, even at that ballooned price, I was still planning on buying them both, but not so much anymore.

Like why wouldn't you include Hulk, Hawkeye or Black Widow in 2016 ?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

tenderjerk posted:

I've read that all the DLC is not included, and there hasn't been any upscaling. I hope this is not the case, even at that ballooned price, I was still planning on buying them both, but not so much anymore.

Like why wouldn't you include Hulk, Hawkeye or Black Widow in 2016 ?

Rights probably? Certain dlcs were only on certain platforms.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gravy Jones posted:

Really tempting to get the Marvel Ultimate Alliance bundle, I loved those games... £45 is pretty steep though. Rarely have to pay that for (non-digital) new releases.

Definitely a sale for me, also lol at the games separately being £30 each.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Rights probably? Certain dlcs were only on certain platforms.
AFIAK, this release is approved/being overseen by Disney. They have all those characters rights.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shocker but I really regret Battleborn. Its just so dull. The idea of more depth than Overwatch appealed to me, but I like playing Overwatch (for short periods) and can't get through one match of Battleborn without being bored to tears and overwhelmed by particle effects.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Shocker but I really regret Battleborn. Its just so dull. The idea of more depth than Overwatch appealed to me, but I like playing Overwatch (for short periods) and can't get through one match of Battleborn without being bored to tears and overwhelmed by particle effects.

Didn't anyone try to warn you?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ineffiable posted:

Didn't anyone try to warn you?

I have a habit of making bad PSN purchasing decisions post-3am. I knew the rep but there are other games I buy on a whim that I love. Like I got RS Siege on sale and that is maybe my fav multiplayer ever now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol they still want $35 for the battlefront season pass

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Any word on the Marvel Ultimate Alliance port? Kind of tempted to pick up both games in the bundle.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Any word on the Marvel Ultimate Alliance port? Kind of tempted to pick up both games in the bundle.

No Dlc in the first game apparently which is already a bummer.

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.
So, I recently bought a pre-owned PS4 (reasonably sure the HD was formatted) . I don't have PS+ anymore but I'm able to play multiplayer on Bloodborne (I think) , Uncharted 4, and TLoU. Do these games not require PS+ for multiplayer or is something else going on?

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Captain Spoon posted:

So, I recently bought a pre-owned PS4 (reasonably sure the HD was formatted) . I don't have PS+ anymore but I'm able to play multiplayer on Bloodborne (I think) , Uncharted 4, and TLoU. Do these games not require PS+ for multiplayer or is something else going on?

Some probably left it activated (this has nothing to do with data on the HDD but rather account management). Or you activated your free trial. Those games do require Plus for Multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Captain Spoon posted:

Either you have PS+ on your account, or there's some other account on your console with PS+ that has your console marked as that account's primary PS4.

Probably the previous owner didn't actually do a full system reset, and their account is still on there.

• Locked thread