Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ze Pollack posted:

From what we've been told already, as of this moment, Jagganoth's victory over his fellow demiurges is certain. There are now only five to oppose him instead of the six who could have held him off. He is going to win. The question is how long it will take him.

To THAT question, the answer is currently "oh, a couple thousand years. but it'll happen."

We can safely expect Allison to continue shortening that timeframe.

Mottom's not dead yet. We don't know how much butt fruit she has stored away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

paragon1 posted:

Mottom's not dead yet. We don't know how much butt fruit she has stored away.

And even without fruit will she necessarily die or just stay a crone, slowly wrinkling and husking until nothing but power remains... or transcend to another form of being, who needs flesh.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Operant posted:

I'd say the demiurges all rule places that are more or less ok to live in. They're kings that rule insane amounts of territory, and I like to imagine most of them rule by proxy or vassalage. That said, I think Solomon's political structure is probably the most total and also the most stable, he's got a sort of roman empire thing going on with citizenship and (theoretical) voting rights.

Alright, new demiurge POWER RANKING questions: rank the demiurges from most to least pleasant to hug.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Lord of Hats posted:

Alright, new demiurge POWER RANKING questions: rank the demiurges from most to least pleasant to hug.

going to be v dissapointed if Gog-Agog doesn't come in first, somehow

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Operant, I actually do have a question:

Is there, or was there ever, a dipshit more furious than Aesma?

Edit:

Ok, for real question, have you played the game Asura's Wrath and if so was it an influence on K6BD? Asura was exactly the sort of person YISUN would have loved.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Jormagund posted:

And even without fruit will she necessarily die or just stay a crone, slowly wrinkling and husking until nothing but power remains... or transcend to another form of being, who needs flesh.

I would not be one bit surprised if she had other options that she didn't want to do since the other demiurges are still around. Or if she didn't even need the fruit but somehow didn't know it, it just kept her looking young and kept up appearances.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bet you each one of the demiurge has some incredibly hosed up way that they maintain immortality.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why did Mottom's husband grow into an immortal butt peach tree? Is that something the comic is ever going to explore

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tetracube posted:

Why did Mottom's husband grow into an immortal butt peach tree? Is that something the comic is ever going to explore

well what do you plan to do after you die

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tetracube posted:

The husband was the real sorcerer, who wielded untold power. He got tired of his wife's nagging about flowers and a garden, so he taught her how to create them on her own. Mottom then discovered nothing stopped her from creating them in people.

(This is how I choose to believe it happened)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New page!

Nice to see INGSVLD is still hangin' in there.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 27, 2016

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Layla Brimstone flying her musket :3:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm going to go ahead and guess that Maya cornering Allison and the other 107 burning stars catching up to her and interrupting whatever she's trying to do is going to be something that's gonna happen multiple times.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

JT Jag posted:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Maya cornering Allison and the other 107 burning stars catching up to her and interrupting whatever she's trying to do is going to be something that's gonna happen multiple times.

The kung fu tournament is going to be these guys duking it out to see who gets to fight Allison. Allison will then murder the winner while they're still recovering.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korgan posted:

Layla Brimstone flying her musket :3:

oh my god i thought she was sitting on a rafter or something, that's amazing

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I wonder if she can summon a big pile of guns like a grimdark version of the dead one from Madoka?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tollymain posted:

oh my god i thought she was sitting on a rafter or something, that's amazing

yeah witches fly on broomsticks,

gunwitches fly on boomsticks

it makes perfect sense

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm just going to assume that the orchestra they hired for the ball is playing the intro to Ironside right about now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renaissance Robot posted:

like a grimdark version of the dead one from Madoka?

grimdark version of anything from madoka sounds like it'd have to be trying really loving hard

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Just scrape the wafer thin sugar coating off the top, job done.

Honestly that would probably make the whole thing significantly less horrifying. I can deal with Shai Hulud but keep that goddamn clown worm the hell away from me.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

loving :laffo: at that one guard removing his goggles.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
No sign of Eris-Lo Kai yet. He was kind of the frontman for the Eternally Brawling Assholes, wonder where he is (likely just off-panel).

e: oh wait that's him on the top right of the fourth panel, isn't it

theshim fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 27, 2016

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Once again I queue up this dread song in preparation for what is to come; for a man in the back did indeed declare an attack and the setting is quite apropos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY

Also good to see that the samurai is still hanging in there. Let's see if they can make it through two of these.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Green Intern posted:

he knows faceless mooks always die in these kind of fights

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

AriadneThread posted:

I hope he books it outta there!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Green Intern posted:

The visual equivalent of a gravelly voiced Japanese man yelling "what!?" and/or "i-impossible!"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

theshim posted:

No sign of Eris-Lo Kai yet. He was kind of the frontman for the Eternally Brawling Assholes, wonder where he is (likely just off-panel).

e: oh wait that's him on the top right of the fourth panel, isn't it

I think the only person missing is Hrotomos, the giant baby.

Clearly in the next page he's going to drop from the ceiling onto the guards.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Looks like they recruited a few people from the party, judging from the clothes Grasshopper Man is wearing. I wonder how that went down.

"Hey we're gonna try to steal a Key of Kings from a dipshit blonde underneath the nose of Mottom herself, wanna join in?"
"That sounds exquisite. And to think this was going to be another dull night of drinking wine pressed by 108 weeping orphan children."

also ABADDON give power levels of pursuers and also do not kill Layla she is my waifu k thx

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Green Intern posted:

He just can't get over that :krad: cut.

I'm anxious to see the gunwitch in action. Given the rest of the comic, her gimmick has to be something more complicated and awesome than "shoots good".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we've seen her in action briefly before

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Do we know much about the guy with a book for a face? I want to know more about him.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I like the sleepy-eyed lady and her bugman sidekick, they probably have fun adventures.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
INGSVLD, Geas Knight; (formerly?) affiliated with the haberdasher's guild and the coalition of wax drippers

according to the reader who originally submitted the idea of the character they areof a species of servant shaped like books, and they specifically acquired a body via unknown means. the canonicity of that statement is unknown

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

YggiDee posted:

Do we know much about the guy with a book for a face? I want to know more about him.

I'm glad you asked, and most certainly wasn't eagerly waiting for somebody to ask about him because he was my submission (disclaimer: every aspect of his design is Abbadon's doing)!

That's Ingsvld, a Geas Knight who is (or was, at least) in the service of the Guild of Haberdashers and the Coalition of Wax Drippers. He was part of the group that confronted Preem Vash and Delicious as they tried to leave Preem Nand's slave house with Allison. That didn't go well for him exactly, but he pulled through. He presumably got involved in the brawl going on at the same time, because when we next saw him, in the little side picture showing off the Pursuers, he'd taken an arrow through the head, which is more of an inconvenience than anything else. Since then, he's travelled with the other Pursuers in, well, pursuit of Allison, sneaking into the party through the opening that 6 Juggernaut Star made when he murdered those guards. And now he's here!

He's a Servant, and judging by the fact that Cio is toting around a (still-living) head of another of his kind, and the fact that the link to the wiki is similarly a one-eyed book, their purpose is probably pretty much to be books that write themselves/repositories of knowledge.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 27, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

AriadneThread posted:

Plot Twist: A few of the guys in the group already present die and some of the surviving guards take their place

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love this thread, I have a lovely memory so I'm glad that there's always someone in here who knows what's going on. Man, I want a book that used to be a face.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we've not even seen like 20 recurring pursuers yet out of like, 108? lot of room in this entourage for those with ample ambition and violent hearts

god, i love that allison is just incidentally going to collect an entourage of fools constantly trying to kill her and each other at every turn

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Denzine posted:

I like the sleepy-eyed lady and her bugman sidekick, they probably have fun adventures.

funnily enough, sleepy lady (i don't know her name) defeated one of the other current living pursuers (amoto soreen) in combat at hell 71 (he was saved by the bell and by the bell i mean an androsphinx incinerating half of the other combatants)

he's the dude with the giant gauntlets who hasn't shown up yet in this

Brought To You By posted:

Also good to see that the samurai is still hanging in there. Let's see if they can make it through two of these.

her name is monkey (she is a monkey of the human sort)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

YggiDee posted:

I love this thread, I have a lovely memory so I'm glad that there's always someone in here who knows what's going on. Man, I want a book that used to be a face.

I got you fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reading back through the hell 71 fiasco i once again encounter the alt text "I'm rapidly losing track of who's still alive."

time for another round of that game

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 27, 2016