Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
garen is a big strong man who protects the innocent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Garen is so thirsty for ocean drakes. It's a palpable thirst.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They are both AA modifiers that reset your AA timer, they are pretty similar

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Firebert posted:

But one has the speed boost on the aa reset and one has the speed boost on the aoe damage effect, completely different champs.,

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

One turns into a dragon and the other drops a giant magic sword out of the sky

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

Shyvana's Q applies onhits twice and has unique synergy with her hadoken and speed boost which synergize with being an Udyr style chase hero. It favors itemization for onhits. Activating it does not provide a benefit outside of the auto reset, so its use is entirely limited to post-initiation. It provides no crowd control in service of a design made to be vulnerable to focus if damage is prioritized.

Garen's Q cleanses slows and roots on cast, and serves as his gap closer, which disincentivizes autoattack resets. To compensate for this it has high damage and synergy with his kit; his spin does not rely on autoattacks or attack speed, and the silence on the Q permits overextending for an excessive amount of time to apply the spin.

Ziggs' Q is an aoe long ranged skillshot nuke that bounces over creeps sometimes. It synergizes with his kit in that its slow secondary travel time supplement his area-denial focus.

Taliyah's Q is an aoe ranged skillshot nuke that provides movespeed to land. It synergizes with her kit in that its slow triple-hit mechanic creates a clear area that enemies want to avoid, supplementing her area-denial focus. The movespees lingers as a semipermanebt zone that reapplies the speed and makes further Q's worse.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I mean really, when you think about it, aren't all champions just slight variants of Jax? multi-hit ability, aspd steroid, damage ability, gap closer, CC, Armor/MR steroid? Design space has been dead for years imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Kashuno posted:

I mean really, when you think about it, aren't all champions just slight variants of Jax? multi-hit ability, aspd steroid, damage ability, gap closer, CC, Armor/MR steroid? Design space has been dead for years imo

All top Laners are either Jax or Maokai.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It turns out that all champions auto-attack and have cooldowns on their specail skills while also buying items that make them more powerful. Why are they all the same character, Riot?!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
champ design in season 6

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Thanks to whoever in this thread that told me to start playing Ashe in Bronze ranked. Her ultimate stun is almost a guaranteed win in that bracket :v:

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Stalins Moustache posted:

Thanks to whoever in this thread that told me to start playing Ashe in Bronze ranked. Her ultimate stun is almost a guaranteed win in that bracket :v:

Stuns are good, therefore Ashe is good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Whenever you are trying to decide what champion to play always just pick the one with the most CC.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also buy rylais and frozen mallet on everyone

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wish i could buy abyssal blade in League of Legends

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Also buy rylais and frozen mallet on everyone

I was trying to think the other day what champion could hypothetically pull this off. Teemo? End of list?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOnvH0uY7ZA&t=50s

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

I was trying to think the other day what champion could hypothetically pull this off. Teemo? End of list?

Kayle and Warwick, obviously.

(Do the slows stack? I know they arent additive and are affected by the soft floor so the benefit would be pretty small )

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Libertine posted:

Cho would be less bad than most. (Assuming the rest of your items have MR/Armor.)

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Kayle and Warwick, obviously.

(Do the slows stack? I know they arent additive and are affected by the soft floor so the benefit would be pretty small )

This was changed at some point. Now you get only the strongest slow at any time. They don't stack at all.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

BigLeafyTree posted:

This was changed at some point. Now you get only the strongest slow at any time. They don't stack at all.

Yeah but with Teemo you could auto people and tag them with the mallet while your shrooms around the map set off the Rylai's right?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

at the time that slow change seemed like a massive deal but honestly i hardly ever remember its a thing

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

people are really mean to hashinshin. i love and respect him

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Teemo's mushrooms already massively slow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you buy rylai's on teemo so your q slows and you can kite people through shrooms

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

people are really mean to hashinshin. i love and respect him

do you also think riots ranged bias is ruining all balance in the game and making it impossible for melee characters to succeed ..?

Endorph posted:

you buy rylai's on teemo so your q slows and you can kite people through shrooms

you buy rylais on teemo relatively fast because the stats are perfect for him and because it synergises with liandries. the slow is really good as well for kiting but just a big stick of AP with a little bit of health is just what teemo wants... survive the initial damage, blind them, and make them experience horror when their attacks are doing nothing and poison is slowly eating away at their life.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you've picked teemo in season 6 you're already too far gone to have rational thoughts about teemo build paths. This is known as "the bronze paradox"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you've picked teemo in season 6 you're already too far gone to have rational thoughts about teemo build paths. This is known as "the bronze paradox"

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Radical posted:

at the time that slow change seemed like a massive deal but honestly i hardly ever remember its a thing

Wasn't the formula something like. =Stronger slow + (weaker slow*stronger slow). So if you applied a 30% and a 20%, you would get a 36% slow?

If I'm remembering right, everyone thought it would be a huge change, but it was just clearing up like 3% slow increases.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

i am a teemo loyalist because aside from singed no other champion allows you to elevate your dickheadery to a sophisticated level like he does and i will try to make him work whenever and wherever possible. riot could make a patch which makes his abilities have a 50% chance to heal instead of deal damage and i will find some grievous wounds based build to keep playing him

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Primetime posted:

Wasn't the formula something like. =Stronger slow + (weaker slow*stronger slow). So if you applied a 30% and a 20%, you would get a 36% slow?

If I'm remembering right, everyone thought it would be a huge change, but it was just clearing up like 3% slow increases.
Yeah that's pretty much it. That's not even accounting for the diminishing returns on slows on targets below a certain move speed anyway. The change is functionally unnoticeable in 99.5% of cases.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

pog boyfriend posted:

do you also think riots ranged bias is ruining all balance in the game and making it impossible for melee characters to succeed ..?

nah i just think it's kind of mean that all the high elo people bully him so much cause it's fairly obvious he just has aspergers or something and is a bit of a weird dude. sometimes i tune into his stream and when he's not ranting about the game he has a sick knowledge of history that i find interesting to listen to :)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

teem-"o of destruction"

my god

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Where's the Rylais?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
One big thing to clear up: Kled's green health and Skaarl's grey health are mutually exclusive. Kled's health only grows with levels and it's the lowest base health in the game.

Anyways, Kled and Gnar come off as similar but their identities around the bar are completely different.
Gnar plays kite-and-chase unmounted and transforms into a massive wall with huge aoe cc that directs the flow of teamfights. This massive power is gated by his rage depletion and cooldown.

Kled is all FORWARD, all day. Untransformed his range is super short and his q carries two charges. Statwise, his damage scalings are all bonus AD except for his unmounted autos doing 80% of his full AD. He has %-health damage if he chooses tankiness but is most heavily rewarded for itemizing offensively for a few items.

When mounted he wants to skirmish and run a champion down with his CDR-boosted tow rope, and his ultimate can make great picks. He's a bruiser first and he doesn't punish a mob of enemies collapsing onto him like Mega Gnar would with a gamechanging combo—he has a moment of respite if collapsed on, where his team can follow up, but that's it. He has synergy with teamfighting champs but doesn't bring it himself, in other words.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 27, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

One big thing to clear up: Kled's green health and Skaarl's grey health are mutually exclusive. Kled's health only grows with levels and it's the lowest base health in the game.

How does this interact with LDR?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you blast him with grevious wounds before mounting does karl's flat health increase lower

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

kirtar posted:

How does this interact with LDR?

It's still one bar, so I'm pretty sure LDR doesn't care if the Lizard is around or not, it just cares what the maximum bar actually is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

exethan posted:

If you blast him with grevious wounds before mounting does karl's flat health increase lower

Oh boy I hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

exethan posted:

It will cause the gromp to crit on every third hit while also deleting yasuo from the game.

• Locked thread