Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Iceclaw posted:

I kinf og want to play very faction sooo...

Are you having a stroke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Magres posted:

What happens when you combine Future Sight and Manifest Destiny? Can you roll your 3d6 then decide to boost before dropping lowest and instead drop the boosted die if it's the new lowest die?

For reference

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?255510-Starcrossed-and-Future-Sight

So normally it's

quote:

a. Resolve effects that change the number of
dice rolled, such as boosting the roll.
b. Roll the dice.
c. Resolve effects that remove dice from the roll.

with future sight it's:

quote:

a. Resolve effects that change the number of
dice rolled
b. Roll the dice.
*** Boost the roll if you want
c. Resolve effects that remove dice from the roll.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Iceclaw posted:

I kinf og want to play very faction sooo...

High five indecisive buddy :smith::hf::smith:

Really, with 3.75 factions already (Cygnar, Cryx, Legion, mercenaries because lol 2e Cygnar, a scattering of trolls) in addition to other games, I shouldn't, but I so want to check Menoth/Skorne/Minions out.

Maybe if I get that one postdoc I really want I'll reward myself with one of those :unsmith:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Manifest destiny dervishes, templars, crusaders, and all the various melee character jacks...oh my

Also, when the gently caress is my plastic dervish kit landing so I can buy 5 of them

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

rydiafan posted:

Are you having a stroke?

Just phone posting in a bumpy commute.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

lokipunk posted:

Halp goons. I only win journeyman games with Agathia when I make some kind of Rube Goldberg jank that involves throws, slams, and drags.

I've lost 5+ games where I get on the other caster where I have a full stack and they are flat footed and can't loving close.

Sounds like Warmachine to me.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So I won a zero point tournament today? :iiam:

Turns out Makeda 3 with comedy Cyclops Squad (2 Savages and a Brute) was really pretty good.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Haha, trying to support my smaller FLGS that I actually play at more often with a moderate ret order. Alliance did not have a single model in stock.

The owner is in the process of updating the stores account with abd or whatever they are called and it sounds like he may have more luck getting the stuff from them at least. He is going to be finally getting his mk3 stuff from them, since alliance is still not able to supply it. He suspects alliance was blacklisted by PP for something, possibly violating that new discount policy with someone.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Haha, trying to support my smaller FLGS that I actually play at more often with a moderate ret order. Alliance did not have a single model in stock.

The owner is in the process of updating the stores account with abd or whatever they are called and it sounds like he may have more luck getting the stuff from them at least. He is going to be finally getting his mk3 stuff from them, since alliance is still not able to supply it. He suspects alliance was blacklisted by PP for something, possibly violating that new discount policy with someone.

Discount Games is out of all the good elves right now too. Same with Miniature Market. Think there may just be a shortage.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Did that Tristan spell actually get confirmed? Because my SECRET SOURCE says that it's just guessing.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

gannyGrabber posted:

Did that Tristan spell actually get confirmed? Because my SECRET SOURCE says that it's just guessing.

Will hungerford has to guess what models have?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Seems like this is a great time to get into war machine. In my reading last night I saw that the new edition just came out in the last few months? Is there a list of major changes?

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Khisanth Magus posted:

Tristan2 looks pretty sweet.

Looks like I found my Kreoss2 model.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Will hungerford has to guess what models have?

The designspace is so vast not even the hungry man knows it's true dimensions.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Khisanth Magus posted:

ACD is where we get the vast majority of our PP stuff from too. Better margin, too :v:

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

gannyGrabber posted:

http://privateerpressforums.com/sho...l=1#post3626398 is the source.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm selling two of my factions, Cryx and Khador, at 60% MSRP. I'm piecing them out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784573

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

goodness posted:

Seems like this is a great time to get into war machine. In my reading last night I saw that the new edition just came out in the last few months? Is there a list of major changes?

This is pre the first errata but it covers most of the important stuff.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?252717-A-Guide-to-Rules-Changes-from-Mk-II-to-Mk-III

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I lived the Sloan dream today. Top of 2 she and 2 Defenders killed a zero camp Butcher 1. Didn't even get to use my Hurricane on him. My opponent is a newer opponent (less than a year playing)and so I taught him how he could have defended against it.

I think her feat is much better but I didn't think it would be that good.

Now she will compete for a spot in my pairing against Haley 1 and Siege.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I'm so gutted I don't really get to play anymore, I've still only had one mkIII game. I know I asked before, but has anyone played with (or even against?) New Venethrax yet? I'm dying to use him, but the next best thing is to live the dream vicariously through you guys. Or if anyone knows a good battle report?

_Gumby
Sep 14, 2005
Fun Shoe

!Klams posted:

I'm so gutted I don't really get to play anymore, I've still only had one mkIII game. I know I asked before, but has anyone played with (or even against?) New Venethrax yet? I'm dying to use him, but the next best thing is to live the dream vicariously through you guys. Or if anyone knows a good battle report?

Venethrax is fun, and its not terribly hard to get off the trifecta of Feat, Lamentation, and a Deadweighted warlock/caster. But i suspect most people will get wise and space everything at least 2 inches away from everything else soon. If you have a hordes opponent and they are running their beasts hot, his feat is pretty brutal. Also cutting counts as leeching fury, so his feat stops that too.

Against warmachine armies he's still pretty good, but the feat is not as powerful since 'Power Up' is not counted as allocating focus.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Harkevich with a lot of jacks seems really good, considering making a list with nothing but marauders and maybe a couple kodiaks and play exclusively for scenario.

Marauders are all 10" boosted to hit combo smiting on feat turn at ps20 + bonus if collateral damage and sit at a nice chill arm23. They're only 10 pts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pyrolocutus posted:

High five indecisive buddy :smith::hf::smith:

Really, with 3.75 factions already (Cygnar, Cryx, Legion, mercenaries because lol 2e Cygnar, a scattering of trolls) in addition to other games, I shouldn't, but I so want to check Menoth/Skorne/Minions out.

Maybe if I get that one postdoc I really want I'll reward myself with one of those :unsmith:

I'm pretty sure that at some point I'm going to have a decent sized army of all the factions. Right now it's just Legion, Menoth, and some Circle for me. Legion is probably always going to be my primary one as it's the group I enjoy modeling and painting the most.

Right now I'm eyeballing some Convergence just because I want to give them racing stripes :negative:

EDIT:
I came to post that I really want there to be a Makaelus version of :btroll:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I wonder, would Yuri and a Manhunter be useful under Viscout or Strakhov? I got the models but never fielded them.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Khisanth Magus posted:

Are the results posted anywhere?

Skorne tied for 4th most played faction with Ret is rather satisfying to see after all the :derp: on the internet about them.

EDIT: You're attempt to show the faction breakdown doesn't work, page5.de doesn't let you link attachments like that.

For anyone not logged into page5.de:

Thanks for rehosting the image, sorry about that.

There are no official results yet, but I know a few of ‘em:

1st Place: The Team with Robin Maukisch(Baldur2/Wurmwood), Sascha Maisel (Severius2/High Reclaimer) and Benjamin Füzi (Maddox/Sloan), unsurprisingly. Three of our best WTC players

2nd Place: Now that was unexpected – Team Karlsruhe! They’re good, but honestly not great players, and made it into the finals. Thanks to the final table option, they got second place. Very exciting for the guys. They placed 17th last year. One of them also brought home the best painted army award. Quite the weekend for them! They played Wurmwood/Krueger1, Haley3/Caine2 and Lylyth3/Absylonia2.

3rd Place: Team Mainz with H3M3 (Vlad1/Harkevich), Greif (High Reclaimer/Kreoss1) and bnf (Bloody Barnabas/Rask). Another team of WTC players. I play against H3M3 and Greif frequently and get my rear end kicked all the time, expected these guys in the top 3.

Between the three teams, only two factions and one caster was doubled.

I think the Team with Tom Guan (Wurmwood/Tanith); Rikkard (Rask/calaban) and Hornacek (Hexeris2/Naaresh) got 6th or so, just to show you how steep the competition was.

And on a personal note, my Cygnar army is fully painted :toot: 150 models, plus 60 more Mercs. Time to give my other two Factions some more love...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iron Crowned posted:

Right now I'm eyeballing some Convergence just because I want to give them racing stripes :negative:

I know a guy who is selling some convergence for super cheap! (it's me)

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

I wonder, would Yuri and a Manhunter be useful under Viscout or Strakhov? I got the models but never fielded them.

Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't played them myself under mk3:

I could see treewalker becoming more important with new terrain rules as they'll be able to stay safe behind a forest until they charge, but overall I still think they don't really offer enough to be worth it. They feel more like annoyances than actual threats - two units of eliminators would often be a better choice imo than manhunter + yuri. Elims are harder to remove once engaged, and if they aren't removed they can really gently caress up someone's day.

Imo vlad2 would love yuri + 2 manhunter as a feat option over what strakhov or Kozlov can offer them. Sorscha2 would help them decimate lights. Irusk2 helps them be always tough and ignore blast damage. Kozlov feels like he likes units for fury and solos where unyielding actually makes the opponent commit to removing them. Strakhov's gimmick works better on stuff that naturally hits like a ton of bricks, like jacks and drakhuns, or with caster killers like eliminators.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Convergence is a lot of fun, I recommend giving in and buying some.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 27, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I have been pretty competitive with Skorne in my local area, so it's but not like they are unplayable trash. However, there is the problem of if you had a large existing Skorne army (or heavily invested in fist) then you don't have the tools needed to really make Skorne part well in Mk3.

Things that are new and good.that most people didn't own imo:
Slingers
Reivers
Both Artillery Pieces
Karax
Ferox
Razor Worm
Despoiler (if you didn't have a Mordikaar list)
Void Spirit (ditto)
Tyrant Rhadheim
Siege Animantarax
Titan Cannoneer
Paingiver Master Tormentor

Things that got worse that a lot of people owned
Arcuarii/Incindiarii/Certratii (because of hit points. Cetrati are still pretty decent, but you probably arent taking two units of Cataphracts in Mk3
Aradus Sentinel
Archidon
Basilisk Krea
Nihilators (due to new shooting meta)
Paingiver Task Master
Immortals

Good units in Mk3 that the average skorne player would own
Bronzeback
Gladiator
Tibbers
Sentry (depends on who you ask)
Beast Handlers
Agonizer
Cyclops Shaman

That's 13 uncommonly owned models or units that became good, 10 models or units that really are nowhere near effective or as useful as in Mk2, and 7 units that got better that most players owned. If you are willing or able to afford buying into the new Skorne, or hedged bets on buying clearance items in hopes they would one day be good, good times are had. I completely understand the salt and if I wasn't a clearance warrior, I would think that it would be easier to just jump factions instead of essentially buying the other half of my current faction.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Iceclaw posted:

Someone in the Khador fb group suggested Yuri with Zerkova 2 as a telgesh mark target since he sees through forests. Elims are still probably the better choice.

I like to run Yuri and 2 manhunters as a sort of pseudo unit. Vlad1, V2 and B1 can give them some extra oomf.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

waah posted:

That's 13 uncommonly owned models or units that became good, 10 models or units that really are nowhere near effective or as useful as in Mk2, and 7 units that got better that most players owned. If you are willing or able to afford buying into the new Skorne, or hedged bets on buying clearance items in hopes they would one day be good, good times are had. I completely understand the salt and if I wasn't a clearance warrior, I would think that it would be easier to just jump factions instead of essentially buying the other half of my current faction.

I think this is the cause of why Skorne has been more salty than the other factions. Their bad poo poo became good and their good poo poo became slightly less good, so most people had most their collections nerfed with few buffs.

Mak3da is amazing right now. She was a decent caster in Mk2, and she's identical in Mk3, except she dropped a dud spell (Sunhammer) and got one which synergizes fantastically with the rest of her spell list (the overtake/grievous wounds one).

It's wonderful to play people who don't have much experience with her. They think their caster is safe behind a wall of dudes, until Makeda or Molik Kharn cut a bloody swathe through their guys and squish their caster. It's a ton of fun to play a caster that wants to be up close and personal, getting her hands dirty. :getin:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I know that I am really struggling to make lists. I am debating on buying in deeper or just proxying a bit to see if I am happy with the faction.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

I have been pretty competitive with Skorne in my local area, so it's but not like they are unplayable trash. However, there is the problem of if you had a large existing Skorne army (or heavily invested in fist) then you don't have the tools needed to really make Skorne part well in Mk3.

Things that are new and good.that most people didn't own imo:
Slingers
Reivers
Both Artillery Pieces
Karax
Ferox
Razor Worm
Despoiler (if you didn't have a Mordikaar list)
Void Spirit (ditto)
Tyrant Rhadheim
Siege Animantarax
Titan Cannoneer
Paingiver Master Tormentor

Quoting for my painting queue.

I still need to pick up Slingers but I'm not excited about their models. I can't bring myself to get the Siege Animantarix. It's just so huge.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Karax seem hella fuckin good. Arm 19 blast immune dudes for 1.1 pts each. And they have set defense. And their UA bumps them to arm 22 for a turn. Trill fleek. The weapon power is low but who even cares when they're probably the most efficient roadblock in the game.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Geisladisk posted:

I think this is the cause of why Skorne has been more salty than the other factions. Their bad poo poo became good and their good poo poo became slightly less good, so most people had most their collections nerfed with few buffs.

I kinda felt this way about Cryx. It ended up a lot easier selling it than buying an entire new army.

Edition changes shaking everything up has cemented CoC as the best faction for me. It is pretty trivial to own everything, so you won't be screwed by any shifts in Meta or Design Space.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fyrbrand posted:

I mean I'm already a dbag for playing the incredibly OP trolls

greetings, friend troll player

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Its interesting how some edition changes didn't change much at all, other edition changes altered everything. Comparing MK2 Harriers to the ones I was looking at in MK3 was a huge shocker, while a lot of the faction seems pretty similar besides.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there any must takes for Haley 3? She looks like a lot of fun.

I was looking at something like:

Haley 3
-Squire
-Dynamo
-Thorn

Junior
-Firefly

Piper
Ragman
Trencher min
Stormblades + UA + 3x Gunners

Which leaves me with 13 points, but I'm not sure what to put in.

Also, am I missing something or is Dynamo + Firefly + Ragman as crazy as it seems? That's basically an eCaine feat if I'm reading everything right.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well for ragman's ability to work with the Firefly you'd have to have something in melee with what you're shooting at, so uhhh, no, not unless you can knock the target down or make it stationary. Fortunately you have force hammer, but it can still be dicey keeping them in range.

Also 13 points is a max unit of Sword Knights, that are DEF 17 in melee with Haley 3 with no KD and tough from the piper. It's pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

S.J. posted:

Well for ragman's ability to work with the Firefly you'd have to have something in melee with what you're shooting at, so uhhh, no, not unless you can knock the target down or make it stationary. Fortunately you have force hammer, but it can still be dicey keeping them in range.

Oh man I totally misread how Death Field works. That's too bad.

Still, Pow 14,15,16,17 shots into something seems pretty rad.