Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't believe you wrote a post about the LCK and mentioned every team except the best one: ESC Ever.

CJ Entus is easily the most forgettable team in LCK this year and they could still probably contend in either LCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I can't believe you wrote a post about the LCK and mentioned every team except the best one: ESC Ever.

CJ Entus is easily the most forgettable team in LCK this year and they could still probably contend in either LCS.

I have no opinions on Jin Air or ESC. They exist, that's about it :shrug:

Also yeah CJ Entus would still perform fine anywhere that isn't Korea. Even being 2-13 this season, they still manage to take games off of SKT and scare top teams. It's insane just how strong and competitive all the Korean teams are, even the bad ones.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

foutre posted:

I heard EU LCS teams kind of imploded, and I've got no idea what's going on in the LPL/who's good atm in the LCK.

Esp. interested in games with good bards/Zyras, but I'm down for whoever is good and playing exciting matches.

if you like watching supports carry games, splyce have been ripping it up in EU and their support is doing tons of work

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Kashuno posted:

I have no opinions on Jin Air or ESC. They exist, that's about it :shrug:

Also yeah CJ Entus would still perform fine anywhere that isn't Korea. Even being 2-13 this season, they still manage to take games off of SKT and scare top teams. It's insane just how strong and competitive all the Korean teams are, even the bad ones.

Afreeca somehow went 4-0 with SKT. Using Kog'Maw in the most recent games no less.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anti-magic posted:

Afreeca somehow went 4-0 with SKT. Using Kog'Maw in the most recent games no less.

Afreeca is the eternal guardian of the playoffs. They won't play themselves, but they will make drat sure if you are close to play off status that you won't make it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/17132668/renegades-riot-danger-absolute-power

surprised to see this article survived being posted on the reddit hugbox

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

exethan posted:

http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/17132668/renegades-riot-danger-absolute-power

surprised to see this article survived being posted on the reddit hugbox

The next article down is a profile on Fabbbyyy that describes him as "the gatekeeper"

espn stop being so wrong, it's Cris and it will always be Cris, the OG gatekeeper

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kashuno posted:

Afreeca is the eternal guardian of the playoffs. They won't play themselves, but they will make drat sure if you are close to play off status that you won't make it.

Didn't they make the playoffs last split? Also they are in the last playoff spot right now with like a 2-series lead over sixth place so they are going to have to royally gently caress up in the last week and a half to not make it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Dragongem posted:

The next article down is a profile on Fabbbyyy that describes him as "the gatekeeper"

espn stop being so wrong, it's Cris and it will always be Cris

Fabby is the solo queue challenger gatekeeper, Cris is the NA LCS gatekeeper.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Didn't they make the playoffs last split? Also they are in the last playoff spot right now with like a 2-series lead over sixth place so they are going to have to royally gently caress up in the last week and a half to not make it.

I think they make the wildcard match? As far as most people are concerned that's the play offs, but the LCK doesn't consider it such for some bizarre reason. They took 5th last split losing to Jin Air, and will probs take 5th this split losing to KT Rolster or MAYBE Samsung I'd have to check the stats.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

In LCK 1-5 make playoffs and in LCS it's 1-6

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

In LCK 1-5 make playoffs and in LCS it's 1-6

I thought they considered it 1-3 + wildcard of 4 or 5 depending who wins their "wildcard" match, but effectively yeah it's 1-5 for the gauntlet

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Wildcard round is still a playoff round. Same with like NFL playoffs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sweetr has been very bad on bard and Jin Air should probs not play him

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0UVbpQz8A4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

You'd think they'd do better with a tie-in with Depends

for when they get to playoffs and poo poo the bed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Dyrus/status/758001166299107330

He kept his word.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
You guys should watch Afreeca vs JAG game 3 to see the silliest failure to close a game out all year.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crazy Larry posted:

You guys should watch Afreeca vs JAG game 3 to see the silliest failure to close a game out all year.

Hey let's backdoor the nexus! Oops I died with the nexus at 16 health. Let's rush the nexus and oh crap that was a nidalee trap I'm dead.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Larry posted:

that nidalee trap was heart breaking

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfqSUwPG_5w

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

this is so stupid and i love it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Reddit would have gone apeshit had he not lmao

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Im pretty sure Dyrus rocked a shaved head at some point last year (was it also bet related?!) so I don't think its that big a punishment. Now if QTPIE had to shave his head, thats something else

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Someone had pink hair that was bet related, (Hotshot?) and I'm pretty sure Kiwikid's amazing bowl-cut was bet-related.

I love bad hair bets.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJGPjkIX0FQ

better times...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
imaqtpie and kiwikid, the god tier bot lane, backed up on their ganks with the PROPHET crumbzz, Shiphtur bodying fools in mid and Darshan "Zion "even his teach calls him ZionSpartan" Spartan" Upadhyaha carrying in the top. The good ole days of league

you know what they say, you wish you knew when you were in the good ole days when they were happening

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Crazy Larry posted:

Being a Jin Air fan gives me stress ulcers. First-half of the season, always top-3, last half of the season always lucky to make it to playoffs, finish every playoff in 4th.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So again, I've missed most of LCK lately, any words on the anti-laneswap changes from Monte?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I enjoy that multiple teams are playing Kogmaw again.

Aumanor posted:

So again, I've missed most of LCK lately, any words on the anti-laneswap changes from Monte?

LCK crew about the changes: 4/5 man bot lane cheese may happen. Otherwise, Riot hosed up and no one will ever want to be aggressive ever because dying botside can now mean first blood + first turret + first drake which will ruin league.

Monte specifically has some bizarre TP changes like shorten TP CD, put TP "points" in front of baron and dragon that reduce the CD even further.

FWIW I agree these changes will probably lead to a lot less fighting.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I enjoy that multiple teams are playing Kogmaw again.

LCK crew about the changes: 4/5 man bot lane cheese may happen. Otherwise, Riot hosed up and no one will ever want to be aggressive ever because dying botside can now mean first blood + first turret + first drake which will ruin league.

Monte specifically has some bizarre TP changes like shorten TP CD, put TP "points" in front of baron and dragon that reduce the CD even further.

FWIW I agree these changes will probably lead to a lot less fighting.

Hmmm. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how this shakes up the meta. If nothing else, discouraging laneswaps is a definite improvement, because they suuuuuuuck. If there's one thing I can tell right away Riot hosed up, it's that this was introduced so late, they should have come between the splits.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 27, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
apparently qt is gonna do an analysis show with scarra???

https://twitter.com/imaqtpielol/status/758112795221233665

hell yeah

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

mistaya posted:

Someone had pink hair that was bet related, (Hotshot?)
Hotshot bet that CLG would beat TSM last year when they met in week 4/5 in spring split. If CLG had won, Regi would have gone pink.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
faker breaking out Taliyah :vince:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

apparently qt is gonna do an analysis show with scarra???

https://twitter.com/imaqtpielol/status/758112795221233665

hell yeah

pisssssssssssssssssss

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Wait is SKT not making playoffs? They seem to be in second place in lck, but I was reading an article that said their coach was disappointed they wouldn't make playoffs.

Maybe a mistranslation or a misinterpretation, or perhaps some ancient Korean family tradition?

E: https://slingshotesports.com/2016/07/25/skt-kkoma-cj-entus-afreeca-freecs-league-of-legends/

Ah nm I see he is disappointed they won't make the playoffs in first place.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 27, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Probably a misinterpretation -- LCK has gauntlet playoffs and the top 5 teams get to play

stump collector
May 28, 2007
first blood turret gold could bring corki back to the meta btw, cull + first blood turret gold is an insane swing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Seems like riots proposed changes will lead to bottom lane being over emphasized. Maybe even making it worthwhile to 4 man bot until first blood, then taking turret as a follow up putting that team like 1200 gold ahead at 5min.

• Locked thread