Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So I took a shot at gearing my Lee:

This is what happens when you stack up all those A rank attack sets. His defense is complete trash since all of the set armors are dodge. I don't even know what to do with him now.

edit: I think he might be better off with just Bow/Armor/Ring because I can't even use him in PvP. He's pure glass and no cannon.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

How do DoT/HoTs work with crit? Do they have a chance, are they unaffected by it at all, etc?

I'm curious about how Serendi should be geared up, since she's so heavy on both.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Somefool posted:

So I took a shot at gearing my Lee:

This is what happens when you stack up all those A rank attack sets. His defense is complete trash since all of the set armors are dodge. I don't even know what to do with him now.

edit: I think he might be better off with just Bow/Armor/Ring because I can't even use him in PvP. He's pure glass and no cannon.

I've heard talk about a Chronos strat that involves positioning Lee so that he cannot be hit. Worth looking into?

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

NinjaDebugger posted:

Anyway, we have a spot open in SwdOfLowtax, post if you want an invite.

Is there any point me joining, I'm level 35ish with a few 3*s? My current guild is just some pubbie swarm that gets maybe 6 log ins per day.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I've heard talk about a Chronos strat that involves positioning Lee so that he cannot be hit. Worth looking into?

You mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEd1RagTEGo
It requires Lily to push Chronos into a corner. It's possible to position your heroes in a way where Chronos can't hit them but it only works up until his level 5 form. Once Chronos reaches level 5, his 3rd skill will have the same skill range as Lee, so there's no longer any safe spots.

Note that this is only worth it if you have 2-3 really strong damage dealers because you're wasting 3 hero slots just to shove this guy into a corner.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

Somefool posted:

You mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEd1RagTEGo
It requires Lily to push Chronos into a corner. It's possible to position your heroes in a way where Chronos can't hit them but it only works up until his level 5 form. Once Chronos reaches level 5, his 3rd skill will have the same skill range as Lee, so there's no longer any safe spots.

Note that this is only worth it if you have 2-3 really strong damage dealers because you're wasting 3 hero slots just to shove this guy into a corner.

Yeah, that's the one I guess. So no point if you can already get to form 5 without it.

Incy posted:

Is there any point me joining, I'm level 35ish with a few 3*s? My current guild is just some pubbie swarm that gets maybe 6 log ins per day.

Well, you'll rise up the ranks faster with a better guild.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm sure there's a better method because the top guild for Chronos almost manged to get 1 billion points. You can go ahead and math that one out since there can only be up to 20 players per guild and each player can do 5 runs max. The 1 billion points should be somewhat equally split among all 20.

I have no idea how, but it might have something to do with cornering Chronos and using a much tankier hero to solo him with Gold Tiger.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incy posted:

Yes. If nothing else, we usually get 18+ logins and you can take 3 quality mercs into guild raid and rack up a few million points.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yes. If nothing else, we usually get 18+ logins and you can take 3 quality mercs into guild raid and rack up a few million points.

Sounds good then. I've sent a request, but I think it needs 24h to go through as I just left the one I was in (3 person log in today may have hastened this!)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Speaking of guild raid and mercs, I know there's a bunch of people coming in and out of the guild but I NEED YOU GUYS TO SWITCH YOUR MERCS! :argh:

For the most part, I need at least 5 people to have mercs with specific disables on certain days. I don't care about damage but I would like them to have at least 50% def so they don't die right away.

Monday: Strongest scissor type damage dealer (25k+ attack) otherwise Unknown/Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Tuesday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Wednesday: Strongest paper/rock type damage dealer (25k+ attack)
Thursday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Friday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Saturday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Sunday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill

If you don't have any strong damage dealers, don't sweat it. There's only 1 raid boss that is completely immune to most disables but the rest are actually important.

If your disablers aren't tanky, start shuffling armors and brooches onto them until they are. It's not that hard to reach 50% defense. If you can go beyond that, do so. These are heroes that are constantly used in guild raid, so it wouldn't hurt if you gave them extra attention to their gear. Heroes that are good in guild raid tend to be good in other areas of the game, so it's not like you're wasting resources.

edit: Also Ninja, I need your Valk for Wednesday's raid. I want to try a really stupid method of tanking the boss. :unsmigghh:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 26, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
My Raboff is coming along, but still needs a few levels on his third skill. Unknown will be reaching 5* soon, skill pumping Ancient Coins into his third, and Alex is...well, I have him now anyhow.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

My Raboff is coming along, but still needs a few levels on his third skill. Unknown will be reaching 5* soon, skill pumping Ancient Coins into his third, and Alex is...well, I have him now anyhow.

If you have Unknown geared, it's fine. Alex is there for your own benefit. Whoever ends up being better geared, you should set that hero as your merc.

Although I will say that damage is technically better than a disabler. Guild raid is scored based on how much damage you can do, so your priority is to gear up good damage dealers over disablers.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

If you have Unknown geared, it's fine. Alex is there for your own benefit. Whoever ends up being better geared, you should set that hero as your merc.

Although I will say that damage is technically better than a disabler. Guild raid is scored based on how much damage you can do, so your priority is to gear up good damage dealers over disablers.

Hmm. So maybe I should focus on Dominique's soul gear next.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Speaking of guild raid and mercs, I know there's a bunch of people coming in and out of the guild but I NEED YOU GUYS TO SWITCH YOUR MERCS! :argh:

For the most part, I need at least 5 people to have mercs with specific disables on certain days. I don't care about damage but I would like them to have at least 50% def so they don't die right away.

Monday: Strongest scissor type damage dealer (25k+ attack) otherwise Unknown/Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Tuesday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Wednesday: Strongest paper/rock type damage dealer (25k+ attack)
Thursday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Friday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Saturday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Sunday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill

If you don't have any strong damage dealers, don't sweat it. There's only 1 raid boss that is completely immune to most disables but the rest are actually important.

If your disablers aren't tanky, start shuffling armors and brooches onto them until they are. It's not that hard to reach 50% defense. If you can go beyond that, do so. These are heroes that are constantly used in guild raid, so it wouldn't hurt if you gave them extra attention to their gear. Heroes that are good in guild raid tend to be good in other areas of the game, so it's not like you're wasting resources.

edit: Also Ninja, I need your Valk for Wednesday's raid. I want to try a really stupid method of tanking the boss. :unsmigghh:

I'm barely paying attention to the game for now, you'll have to catch me while I'm at home on the discord, probably. That's usually afternoon/early evening, US Central. I'm on the edge of burnout and trying to hold off while I do some Exvius to cool down.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm barely paying attention to the game for now, you'll have to catch me while I'm at home on the discord, probably. That's usually afternoon/early evening, US Central. I'm on the edge of burnout and trying to hold off while I do some Exvius to cool down.

Maybe play a single-player game. You should be able to achieve the best gear in Pillars of Eternity with a mere 80 hours of playtime!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Maybe play a single-player game. You should be able to achieve the best gear in Pillars of Eternity with a mere 80 hours of playtime!

I backed Pillars of Eternity, and what it taught me was mostly that I am so loving tired of RTWP. I'm sorry I backed it, but not because I dislike the plot or characters or anything, it's just that RTWP just pisses me off anymore.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

I backed Pillars of Eternity, and what it taught me was mostly that I am so loving tired of RTWP. I'm sorry I backed it, but not because I dislike the plot or characters or anything, it's just that RTWP just pisses me off anymore.

Can't blame you. A sufficiently good game that uses it will win me over, but I've always felt that it was a lame attempt to cater to the Diablo crowd instead of just using a turn-based system.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
So, for non-Platinum 1* gear, I've taken to fishing for good mods by raising pieces up to Legendary, then extracting them if they don't get at least one really good potential.

Is this a good way to fish for good potentials? At least it's getting me lots of Platinums and mod pots, but I don't know if it's remotely affordable above 3* or so.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

So, for non-Platinum 1* gear, I've taken to fishing for good mods by raising pieces up to Legendary, then extracting them if they don't get at least one really good potential.

Is this a good way to fish for good potentials? At least it's getting me lots of Platinums and mod pots, but I don't know if it's remotely affordable above 3* or so.

I would say 1* and 3* are probably the best to do it. For whatever reason, if you're farming for 2* and 4* refine mats, they barely drop. 1*, 3*, and 5* can drop a whole bunch as long as you farm the correct dungeon.

This isn't really a waste, but it is time consuming as hell because you have to farm mats and upgrade. If you want to use this method, go ahead, but I don't think they will be stopping the event shops any time soon so there should be a constant flow of mod potions every month.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Somefool posted:

I have an Alex which has a level 9 third skill(i have177 perfect genes. Need 178 for the last level :smith: ). I got him to 51% defense, but very little else. I wouldn't count on him much. I'll put more effort into him over the next few weeks, but I'm totally bone dry on gold right now.

Re: raboff, he's super far behind. He's near the top of my list of poo poo to work on, but even the very top priority takes awhile to become baseline usable. As a result all I'll have for you for awhile is Alex, with Krut on Wednesday.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

tried to accept a goon to the guild this morning, it said he was already in one.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Was that me (same username)? If so that's the error message you get trying to apply in the 24h cooldown period.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incy posted:

Was that me (same username)? If so that's the error message you get trying to apply in the 24h cooldown period.

No, I can't remember the username, but it was definitely not Incy. If you apply today I'll let you in, though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Black coocoos for next week. Remember, this is the last week of the guaranteed set pieces for buying 10 spots.

1: Rebel Army Supply, Cold Hearted Sniper, Girgas Sandstorm.
2: Lumen Hymn, Coocoo Ranger, Shadow Death Band
3: Beast Rain, Wilderness Desperado, Vulcan Essence
4: Ghost Step, Iron Fortress, Persona's Trick
5: Omni, Pirate of Pirates, Revelation of the Great Universe.

1 star sets are okay, but nothing special. A decent attacker set, and rebel army supply's a decent general use set now that it's not paper-only.
2 star has 2 good sets, but shadow death band is so incredibly bad that I wouldn't touch that poo poo.
3 star has beast rain, if you've got one part, pull for more. Vulcan essence is more pants, but at least wilderness desperado is decent. If you have Brushing Wind but not legendary ranger, Desperado + brushing wind + gold tiger is a hilariously effective combination for the last person standing.
4 star is a solid win this week, with 3 good sets all of which are good on just 2 pieces.
5 stars is OH MY loving GOD WHAT. Mini-Klein, a fantastic all around balanced set that can go on anybody profitably, and loving Omni on top of it. The only way I could be more tempted to pull on this is if it were gold tiger instead of pirate of pirates.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:toot: got second piece of the SS 4* Devil Knight set and an 'A' New Elan Kingdom Calvary piece as well.

Pretty happy with my pull.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Godslibster, Mooselander, Agent355, Dershiva, !!!!PHRENZ!!!! Please do the guild raid :)

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

NinjaDebugger posted:

tried to accept a goon to the guild this morning, it said he was already in one.

Was it Metero? That was probably me. I think a guild I applied to earlier accepted my application before you could. I dropped out of there and was gonna reapply tomorrow.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

My bad, had jury duty this week and it's been throwing me off on top of school.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
He may only have a ~60% disarm chance with Soul Gear, but my Raboff is ready to assist.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Reminder that there are a couple of days left for this month, so if you need help with clearing ToD, better start asking.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Somefool posted:

Reminder that there are a couple of days left for this month, so if you need help with clearing ToD, better start asking.

I finally beat ToD 110 tonight and got legendary ranger. I did it using the Reyson method outlined in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1bw55nUdg. I am F2P pretty much had to max every single slot to legendary and had around 130k battle power. The hard part is dpsing through the beginning stage, but if you can get into position by round 6, it is just a matter of following the moves outlined in the video.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

40 is pretty hard for me right now. Does he have any weaknesses in particular?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

40 is pretty hard for me right now. Does he have any weaknesses in particular?

What heroes do you have and what levels? Normally bosses without HP% Damage immunity, you just bring in your own Jack + Jack merc and burst the boss down in 2 turns.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I don't know why you're hasslin' me about making raboff my exchange hero. I don't even HAVE Raboff yet.

I'm trying to get strong enough to farm his stage while getting Krut and Reina all gened up. :smith:

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Will the lost island heroes be coming back, or are they one time dealios?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Lost Island Heroes are on a rotating schedule. Chenny, Nirvana, Muang.

Reina and Krut are likely periodic events. So get these two unlocked ASAP.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

They seriously need to add Krut and Reina into the rotation. I don't get why they're limited time when they aren't collaboration heroes. Not having Krut is like being kicked in the nuts at this point.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Official patch notes are up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0728thurs-patch-note/1778946438986334

The new quest system applies to existing players, so hurray for a free 1-3* set!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

New players are getting a mass production Dasomier and some other sets? I didn't get poo poo for 'new player' bonuses when I signed up a few weeks ago :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

New players are getting a mass production Dasomier and some other sets? I didn't get poo poo for 'new player' bonuses when I signed up a few weeks ago :(

You got in on the current event, which has a set that is way better than baby daso, so don't worry about it. New/lapsed player poo poo is never as good as the stuff you'd have gotten for just playing the period before it was available.

• Locked thread