Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

HitTheTargets posted:

I think Xenoverse the First is something like 75% off through Steam this weekend. Should I be tempted?

If you like Dragonball punchmans, why not?

But be clear it's a lot closer to an action RPG than it is a fighting game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xenoverse is a pretty cool game if you can get it cheap

the rng bullshit is insanely bad tho

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elfgames posted:

king dog is not racist

Well of course, he's a good boy.

Pretty sure getting hosed up by a fat dude with a sword was rock bottom for Vegeta and while it may not have immediately made him change his ways it out him on that path. Why do you think trunks has a sword? Vegeta made him train with one because it's the most humiliating way to be beaten in dragon ball.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

xenoverse is a pretty cool game if you can get it cheap

the rng bullshit is insanely bad tho

I find it passable because it transfers between characters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's no reason to play xenoverse more than once tho

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Creating more OCs is a good reason.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I made Goemon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Trunks has a sword because he wants Mai to think he's a badass, this is canon.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Except the series itself contradicts this. Goku outright tells Vegeta to take Nappa away, making it absolutely clear he had no intentions whatsoever to finish the job.

People need to stop trying to search for excuses, Vegeta was evil and he was so hosed up that it took nearly the entirety of Z for him to finally fully turn. The Vegeta of now and the Vegeta of back then might as well be two different characters with just how much he grew (even literally, due to Toriyama's style changing). This is like the people who think Freeza is the cause of Vegeta's evil, it's laughable. With an evil genocidal space monkey laugh.

I like Frieza saga Vegita best. He is his own man, not one of the "good" guys or "bad" guys. He might help you fight Frieza, or he might run away and save his own rear end. Still likes to murder villages for fun. Classic Vegita!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Blaze Dragon posted:

People need to stop trying to search for excuses, Vegeta was evil and he was so hosed up that it took nearly the entirety of Z for him to finally fully turn. The Vegeta of now and the Vegeta of back then might as well be two different characters with just how much he grew (even literally, due to Toriyama's style changing).

What's sad is that the change could have made him a really interesting and well fleshed out character, but he drops a lot of his worse behavior off-screen and really never faces any kind of punishment or bad karma for his past. It's why him suiciding against Buu is such a great moment, not because it was the wisest move or had great action, but because him talking to Trunks and going over what it means to him and why he's doing it is a visible moment of real emotion and change on his part. He's still a decent character and more fun than a lot of the cast, especially once DBZ gets under way and most of them get side lined, but he could have been so much more given what he does.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Vegeta is really fun in Super though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's some pro-wrestling logic in play where Vegeta is good now because he's really over with the audience. I think that's the main genre where writers will actually change a dude's alignment depending on how he's received.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

What's sad is that the change could have made him a really interesting and well fleshed out character, but he drops a lot of his worse behavior off-screen and really never faces any kind of punishment or bad karma for his past. It's why him suiciding against Buu is such a great moment, not because it was the wisest move or had great action, but because him talking to Trunks and going over what it means to him and why he's doing it is a visible moment of real emotion and change on his part. He's still a decent character and more fun than a lot of the cast, especially once DBZ gets under way and most of them get side lined, but he could have been so much more given what he does.

Vegita already had that moment when he died on Namick.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Vegita already had that moment when he died on Namick.

are your weird spellings of things some kind of slow burn troll or what's going on here, buddy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

setafd posted:

are your weird spellings of things some kind of slow burn troll or what's going on here, buddy

He's the resident weird poster of the thread, shared with Cocksville

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

setafd posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was searching for stuff to get my girlfriend for our anniversary and I checked Dragon Ball figures. "Son Gokou" is incredibly common, and I also found a "Piccoro". Not to mention Krillin/Kuririn/Kulilin/Klilyn, and I'm sure there's several others. Hell, even the official translations have goofs, such as "Kakarot" and "Vegito" (Kakarotto, Vegetto) in the English translation and "Bills" in the Spanish one.

Romanization is hard.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Blaze Dragon posted:

I was searching for stuff to get my girlfriend for our anniversary and I checked Dragon Ball figures.
Who cares about the alternate spelling, you have a girlfriend who apparently likes Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball merchandise. And it sounds like she'd even be happy to receive cartoon toys as an anniversary gift. I've never dated anyone even remotely like that, ever. So I think you may have won some kind of cosmic nerdy jackpot.

Did Shenlong himself create your mythical girlfriend?

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 24, 2016

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Agoat posted:

Vegeta is really fun in Super though.

Does he sport a mustache in Super? This is important.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fractial
Apr 28, 2005

When we spin we feel good.

Nice, Vegeta actually looks amazing with one.

Do they get spikier when they go SSJ though?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

setafd posted:

It's alright, he grew up on the Big Green dub, with Vegita and Clearin.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fractial posted:

Nice, Vegeta actually looks amazing with one.

Do they get spikier when they go SSJ though?

Sadly they only appear in one scene, and they shave afterwards. We never get to see Super Saiyan Beards.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You do, however, get to see Vegeta sucking on a pacifier.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pewdiepie posted:

Does he sport a mustache in Super? This is important.

He does not. I did like Vegeta in GT though, and the fact that him shaving was a plot point was one of the good things about that show.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Moustache.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8uSbv2Oz8&t=137s

new transformations for Xenoverse 2 revealed

humans get to summon flying nimbus and fight with the power pole

namekians get to turn gigantic

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
GIANT NAMEKS

HELL YES

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
we need a new poll because honestly the best is definitely piccolo and his giant nameks

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nimbus and power pole? Who the gently caress wanted that? That's really disappointing. I played the last one primarily as Human, may go Saiyan for this one just because.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Nimbus and power pole? Who the gently caress wanted that?

Me.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

:agreed: :yeah:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh come on, seriously? When you think Saiyan power-up, you get Super Saiyan. When you think Namekian power-up, you get giant mode. When you think Human power-up, where do you get Nimbus and Power Pole? That was a Goku-specific thing - and he's not even a Human! I wanted some kind of ultra-buff Roshi mode, or even just some sort of "moment of triumph" power increase like Tien vs Cell, or Krillin vs Frieza, where suddenly your skills get a mega-boost.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nah.

Zoom zoom zoom! Nimbus!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have the Power Pole and Flying Nimbus IRL so I can confirm that it makes sense for humans to have them in Xenoverse 2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know what you expected them to do. Humans don't have a cool ltransformation. Sorry buddy!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know what you expected them to do. Humans don't have a cool ltransformation. Sorry buddy!

Yeah, you're right about there not really being a good choice. I guess it would have been hard to justify, but I might have gone with Humans being able to occasionally activate an Infinite Energy Drive for SSJ-style unlimited supers,maybe.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Fighting with a staff is totes cool though.

A little sad absolutely no Z fighter other than Trunks bothers with weapons of any sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah, you're right about there not really being a good choice. I guess it would have been hard to justify, but I might have gone with Humans being able to occasionally activate an Infinite Energy Drive for SSJ-style unlimited supers,maybe.

SSJ isn't unlimited supers anymore! It's just a big universal stat boost like it was in all other games

• Locked thread