Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

*BOOM* Thatcher's grenades can disable the C4s that the defenders are carrying. Hire me, PlanB.

This would just make it so you have to bring a Thatcher at all times, he doesn't need any buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Relatively new to R6S but is there something really off about the game's latency? I get shot seemingly from around corners but in the replay the enemy will come fully out of cover and pop me. I usually get 3-40 ping so it seems weird.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Godmachine posted:

Relatively new to R6S but is there something really off about the game's latency? I get shot seemingly from around corners but in the replay the enemy will come fully out of cover and pop me. I usually get 3-40 ping so it seems weird.

This was one of my first posts

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Is it normal for the kill cam to show something totally different than what you see? I just got the game and keep getting the drop on guys when I think they're not looking, only to see that they were looking right at me on the kill cam. My one on one success rate is super low.

In time I've realized going slowly around corners is a death sentence. Just stand up and "slice the pie" quickly.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Jehde posted:

It's coming??? Atleast it's a bullet point in the Health Program.

"The health improvements include animation clipping, replay system, exploitable glitches, and anti-cheat."
"We tweaked a few things to make the replay camera as accurate as possible from the perspective of the player. "

Replay system means deathcam in ubilingo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Godmachine posted:

Lag compensation always works in favour of the guy with the higher ping. It doesn't matter how low your ping is, if you have some Australian or Russian in Kamchatka playing on the same server as you, it's very easy to get shot while you were already behind cover.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Official map reveal teaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Y6PLrOGTg

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I remember that made from MW2.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Yeah i liked that map in MW2.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

First thing I thought of.

So is the idea that instead one building its like a collection of buildings?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Official map reveal leak. Now i dont have to force myself to watch the twitch stream.
https://vid.me/VOXZ

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Paradigmata posted:

Official map reveal leak. Now i dont have to force myself to watch the twitch stream.

Amazing watermark.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

:getin:

I like that one of the operator's backstories is that they started as a criminal. Because who isn't a criminal in Brazil these days? No sarcasm.

If the smoke crossbow bolts stick to operatives and cause the smoke to follow them around for the duration that'd be hilarious.

EDIT: SHE CAN INTERROGATE OPERATIVES WHAAAAAAAAAT

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 26, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Let's be fair, black operatives are still criminals.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Just this once, castle that mouth of yours.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I feel like the interrogation part of her special will never get used. Even if she's more quiet, it's a feat to sneak up behind someone and not get blasted by their team.

Blind speculation is the bessssst.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 26, 2016

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I feel like the interrogation part of her special will never get used. Even if she's more quiet, it's a feat to sneak up behind someone and not get blasted by their team.

I would assume you can see the outline of nearby enemies and you just wait around the corner to snag someone.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Maybe, but this gamespot article says the interrogation of an enemy is what reveals people. WE SHALL SEE

EDIT: Oh I see what you're saying, I misunderstood. Yeah maybe there's a short-range reveal when it's active and then the interrogation is map-wide.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 26, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Everything looks pretty cool except for the SPAS 15, I am really not looking forward to having another auto-shotty in the game, except this one has magazines so it reloads even faster

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Duggler posted:

Everything looks pretty cool except for the SPAS 15, I am really not looking forward to having another auto-shotty in the game, except this one has magazines so it reloads even faster

Because the Saiga is so op.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

the only good things about the saiga are being mag fed and fast firing so having those things on a frame that isn't garbage will probably not be very good

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Replace the T-shirts that come out of the saiga with actual shells and I think it's a pretty formidable combination of fire rate and reload speed

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

old but still relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCQ0ANljZN0

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hackers going absolutely ham before the anti-cheat drops. Watching serenity's stream and there's at least one in almost everyone single match he has played in the last few hours. It's so blatant. I kinda love it.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They shouldn't have announced it at all and just been like "surprise, you're all busted"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Saiga is the real paintball gun

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

gaem ded

rip

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
This one dude in this game was blatantly hacking, obviously using walls and an aimbot. On Consulate when he was on defense he also shot people on the roof, through the roof, from the top floor. This happened outside the office(not cubicles). This is a pretty serious exploit if not outright hacking.

I didn't record it sadly. I did record the last round of the game but I couldn't get any obvious hacking on video but he sure was.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The consulate vip office roof can be shot through but only from the inside and only in a couple locations. Somebody on the R6 reddit (ew) reported it a while back.

Also only ran into one really obvious hacker aimboting our team tonight.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

This guy was like an artist with the hacks. He had some really well tuned ones. Not ones that perfectly track locked on to the forehead, more subtle poo poo where it tracked the chin area, and not completely locked either.

He started off in the first round blatantly tracking a running persons head through a wall(not destructible either), until that person showed up in a doorway. In the second round he used the above mentioned exploit to kill at least 2(conveniently using Pulse as a cover).
He also did a fair bit of just stopping and aiming at precisely the right corner for people to come around. Got me without tracking once! Toggling it up. Of course these kinds of kills don't look suspicious on their own most of the time.
Then in the last round he toggled off tracking through walls and limiting himself to plain view head tracking.

Here you can see the end of the last round, which is the only one I recorded, sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGUwIbwKSxI
Note how he for the last kill is tracking the head of the recruit until the recruit gets behind the bomb where his viewpoint jumps down to chest level.

This guys name sound familiar so I assume he is a notorious hacker.
If you want to claim this guy isn't hacking I can only say that you didn't see the first rounds and there is no way you can convince me he legit.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm convinced there's some special kind of hack out there for some of these players. It's really subtle but if you look hard enough you can see that they track your general head area across the screen every time. Sometimes they jump straight to it from somewhere else so it's obviously toggleable. I've heard it's actually a combination of two hacks, "hand + mouse." Most of the high level players are probably using it.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Squeegy posted:

I'm convinced there's some special kind of hack out there for some of these players. It's really subtle but if you look hard enough you can see that they track your general head area across the screen every time. Sometimes they jump straight to it from somewhere else so it's obviously toggleable. I've heard it's actually a combination of two hacks, "hand + mouse." Most of the high level players are probably using it.

It's pretty telling when people are cursor-tracking through solid walls instead of aiming at the corners in anticipation.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

you're right that I didn't see the other rounds but this is like the least suspicious clip I've ever seen.

I think it's something about Ash, there's a guy in my group who plays Ash regularly and when he does he gets called out for hacking all the drat time.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
That video just shows he is a better player than those that think they can just run around with a 3 armor rook and not be heard from half across the map (at the start of the video). And everything else is also already selfexplaining if you pay attention to the video itself. I could write a timetable, I loving love timetables :haw:. Hard give me a record function, I want to spend again 8 hours a day watching demos and ruin cheaters E-sport (ready) career :swoon:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ash is great because its completely normal to blow a hole in something from a distance and pop a few rounds into the breach immediately. Whenever I get a lucky kill because someone didn't duck fast enough accusations (hackusations?) fly.

Until they watch me flail about ineffectively for the rest of the round anyway.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

My voice does not sound like that in my head. Holy poo poo.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, what sort of privacy guarantees do we have given the apparent level of intrusiveness of BattlEye and the potential for its misuse? (acknowledging the fact that they've been in business for 12 years and there doesn't yet appear to be some sort of breach).

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Pfox posted:

Hard, what sort of privacy guarantees do we have given the apparent level of intrusiveness of BattlEye and the potential for its misuse? (acknowledging the fact that they've been in business for 12 years and there doesn't yet appear to be some sort of breach).

The same guarantees you get from every other company that uses Battleye or any comparable anti-cheat software: none at all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
BattlEye broke Discord's overlay. :argh:

(also apparently Steam overlay but lol who bought this game on Steam, amirite)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Koramei posted:

I think it's something about Ash, there's a guy in my group who plays Ash regularly and when he does he gets called out for hacking all the drat time.

There's lot of utility in Ash and having 3 speed when you can see through walls.

What are y'all favorite operators when hacking?

Koramei posted:

you're right that I didn't see the other rounds but this is like the least suspicious clip I've ever seen.

Having calmed down since, I agree the clip doesn't show anything. I stand by what I said tho.

Wooper posted:

If you want to claim this guy isn't hacking I can only say that you didn't see the first rounds and there is no way you can convince me he legit.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 27, 2016

• Locked thread