Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Yea, I just bought a PS4 on eBay and while the dude had wiped the hard drive of all of his game data, his account was still on there and gave me free PS+. But playing under someone else's gamer tag is like wearing a stranger's underwear.

Are there any good couch co-op games available on the PS Store? Ideally something super casual that I can play with the wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity DLC is free for PS3/ PS4:

PS4 Link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-hardline-criminal-activity/cid=UP0006-CUSA00625_00-XPACK01000000000

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Aggro posted:

Yea, I just bought a PS4 on eBay and while the dude had wiped the hard drive of all of his game data, his account was still on there and gave me free PS+. But playing under someone else's gamer tag is like wearing a stranger's underwear.

Are there any good couch co-op games available on the PS Store? Ideally something super casual that I can play with the wife.

you can make your own account and it will still have + benefits i think

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

As long as dlc is in the second Marvel Ultimate Allience it appeals to me, I played the first one so much but 2 was only a rental for me, a fantastic rental though that has some underapprechiated detail in matching the look and charecter of the Marvel universe, the RPG sections where you walk around and talk to other heroes are fantastic with every charecter response written out uniquely for whichever charecter your playing as. The scene will be the same but your written text and choices will be in Hulk Speak or Deadpool's word salad and thats just great.

Marvel Ultimate Alliences 2 dlc has much more work put into those charecters than Ultimate Allience 1, and was taken down due to licensing issues in a much shorter time frame than Ultimate Allience 1. Both games though do have weird additions like Magneto and Cable in MA2, the latter of which is a major charecter/boss that will be talking to its self, probably has unique dialog though.

The same hing goes for Ultimate Allience 1 but half the dlc are X-men charecters which does not gel with the plot and Doom who is the main villian.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Thank you! I don't have Battlefield, but I'm collecting all of these.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Absolutely enjoying the hell out Amazing Discoveries in Outer Space. It brings me back to late 80s lander games only with some nice emergent experiences. I arrived in a system and was surprised to find two planets that weren't orbiting the star. I thought it was strange but landed to explore anyway.

Suddenly a shadow crept over the planet's surface and then the other planet impacted and disintegrated. Now I'm running for my life, on fire from the incredible heat increase, trying to make it to my ship before the planet impacts the star.

Already made my $7 bucks worth.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Furi is really good, and Gat out of Hell was surprisingly short, but still..mostly fun. Not a fan of the salvation minigame, and there should have been much more insurance torment frauds, there's a lot of characters that'd work with it, too.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 27, 2016

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Awesome! posted:

you can make your own account and it will still have + benefits i think

Oddly the PS4 in my house has a few PS+ users on it, and I can't access the PS+ features of any of the games, nor can I play the games they've downloaded.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Anora posted:

Oddly the PS4 in my house has a few PS+ users on it, and I can't access the PS+ features of any of the games, nor can I play the games they've downloaded.

They have to have set that PS4 as their Primary.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ape Agitator posted:

Absolutely enjoying the hell out Amazing Discoveries in Outer Space. It brings me back to late 80s lander games only with some nice emergent experiences. I arrived in a system and was surprised to find two planets that weren't orbiting the star. I thought it was strange but landed to explore anyway.

Suddenly a shadow crept over the planet's surface and then the other planet impacted and disintegrated. Now I'm running for my life, on fire from the incredible heat increase, trying to make it to my ship before the planet impacts the star.

I've never heard of this game before today, but you sir just made a sale.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The August PS+ are
Tricky Towers, PS4
Rebel Galaxy, PS4
Yakuza 5, PS3
Retro/Grade, PS3
Patapon 3, PS Vita
Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

The August PS+ are
Tricky Towers, PS4
Rebel Galaxy, PS4
Yakuza 5, PS3
Retro/Grade, PS3
Patapon 3, PS Vita

Hmmmmm. Good line up this month. I'll give them all a whirl.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

axleblaze posted:

The August PS+ are
Tricky Towers, PS4
Rebel Galaxy, PS4
Yakuza 5, PS3
Retro/Grade, PS3
Patapon 3, PS Vita
Cautiously optimistic about Rebel Galaxy, based on the Steam reviews.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kenny Logins posted:

I've got it on Steam, and it is a lot of fun. This is a good month.

Please play Yakuza if you haven't.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I paid money for Rebel Galaxy and was disappointed, but I would've been happy to have had it as a PS+ title. I had my expectations a bit too high, expecting some sort of playable Cowboy Bebop with more plot and direction than I got, but it's fun enough for a couple of hours, and probably more if you get really into trading and upgrading your spaceship.

I have Yakuza 1 or 2, but I never got around to playing them. Is 5 a direct continuation of the series, or can I jump straight in?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

I heard it was one of those really hard games? It looks fun, and I love that kind of exploring, but don't like stress.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

axleblaze posted:

Rebel Galaxy, PS4

Was just thinking about buying this yesterday. Nice!

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Seriously what the gently caress is Sony thinking now when it comes to PS+ offerings for PS4. Wow.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I look forward to next month's Tennis In Your Face or whatever that really stupid mobile port game was for next month's PS + offerings. More mobile ports for the mobile god!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Skjorte posted:

I paid money for Rebel Galaxy and was disappointed, but I would've been happy to have had it as a PS+ title. I had my expectations a bit too high, expecting some sort of playable Cowboy Bebop with more plot and direction than I got, but it's fun enough for a couple of hours, and probably more if you get really into trading and upgrading your spaceship.

I have Yakuza 1 or 2, but I never got around to playing them. Is 5 a direct continuation of the series, or can I jump straight in?

I was definitely expecting a lot more plot and direction from Rebel Galaxy as well, but the gameplay was at least exactly what I expected. There is a story, but it takes a back seat to just flying around doing odd jobs to get the story mission down to a manageable difficulty level.

Yakuza 5 has some character history that might be lost on new players, but each game is its own independent story. Jump right in. Just also be prepared for a rhythm game interlude in the middle.

barren_sky posted:

I heard it was one of those really hard games? It looks fun, and I love that kind of exploring, but don't like stress.

It can be hard sometimes, but each mission has a risk rating to it. The only problem really is that sometimes Hard sometimes means one or two fairly powerful enemy ships, which can be manageable with some clever maneuvering, but sometimes it means a bunch that are at about your level, which ends up being frustrating, if not entirely overwhelming.

e:
Just saw that Vita is getting Patapon 3 for free. Not bad. Pretty good month, even though I own Y5 and RG.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Summer sale offerings in the UK look good. Except for LoU Remastered... that's still too pricey.

Anyone played Divinity Original Sin on PS4? Wondering how well the controls hold up and if this is more of a mouse and keyboard RPG, or a sink-into-the-couch RPG I can enjoy with PS4 controller.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BadAstronaut posted:

Anyone played Divinity Original Sin on PS4? Wondering how well the controls hold up and if this is more of a mouse and keyboard RPG, or a sink-into-the-couch RPG I can enjoy with PS4 controller.
I've only played about an hour or two into it but I found the controls are just fine.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

BadAstronaut posted:

Summer sale offerings in the UK look good. Except for LoU Remastered... that's still too pricey.

I had no problems playing Divinity on PS4. The controls work fine for what it is. Get a second controller and have a friend sink in the couch with you.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axleblaze posted:

The August PS+ are
Tricky Towers, PS4
Rebel Galaxy, PS4
Yakuza 5, PS3
Retro/Grade, PS3
Patapon 3, PS Vita

Something something worst month ever something

PS+ has now given the two newest English Yakuzae, all transgressions are forgiven

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 27, 2016

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

axleblaze posted:

The August PS+ are
Tricky Towers, PS4
Rebel Galaxy, PS4
Yakuza 5, PS3
Retro/Grade, PS3
Patapon 3, PS Vita

Duno about the others, but I like Rebel Galaxy (have on pc) and Patapon 3. Reto/Grade is ....not great. I just wish Sony would give us actual Vita games and stop pretending psp games are vita games.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Really looking forward to playing Rebel Galaxy before being horribly disappointed by No Man's Sky.

What do people think about Ultratron and Tricky Towers?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I should have mentioned that Yakuza 5 is a great get, although I still have yet to get further than an hour into Yakuza 4. An unfortunate victim of my migration to PS4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't remember if I have Patapon 3 or not, oh dear

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

I should have mentioned that Yakuza 5 is a great get, although I still have yet to get further than an hour into Yakuza 4. An unfortunate victim of my migration to PS4.

The Yakuza games are probably the biggest absence on PSNow.

Oh yeah, Yakuza 0 is coming to PS4 in January. Physical and digital. :woop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kenny Logins posted:

It's well made, but I couldn't get over being locked to a 2d plane on the pc version.

Tricky Towers sounds fun, but not something I'd play much of.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a consensus on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2? I thought I read it wasn't upscaled and wasn't remastered and didn't include DLC. Is it worth the money for someone who liked the originals quite a bit? Will it get a disc release so we can get it from Besy Buy GCU?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rebel Galaxy is fun. Wish I didn't buy it though now it's free.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I thought the combat in Yakuza 4 was clunky and all it really did was make me want to replay Sleeping Dogs, which I did, and it owned.

I want to like it :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a consensus on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2? I thought I read it wasn't upscaled and wasn't remastered and didn't include DLC. Is it worth the money for someone who liked the originals quite a bit? Will it get a disc release so we can get it from Besy Buy GCU?

From what I've heard it's a horrible port and definitely not worth the price they're asking for a ten and seven year old game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

The Yakuza games are probably the biggest absence on PSNow.

Oh yeah, Yakuza 0 is coming to PS4 in January. Physical and digital. :woop:

in NA? don't jerk me around bee

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Real hurthling! posted:

in NA? don't jerk me around bee

Yessir!
http://play.st/2awZHLz

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Just noticed that Tricky Towers is an update to 99 Bricks Wizard Academy, which is one of my favorite mobile games of all time.

http://weirdbeard.nl/

Best PS+ month since the launch of PS4.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

Here's what RPS said about MUA 1+2, for PC at least:

quote:

Player reviews are overwhelmingly negative, complaining about bad sound quality, bugged controller support where buttons don’t do what they say (with no rebinding options), a variety of other bugs and glitches, the first game not including any of its DLC...

Cast your eyes over Steam player reviews for MUA and MUA2 and you’ll see a lot of sorry tales. This isn’t another case of folks being upset because an options menu doesn’t have 300 toggles and sliders, the games are just buggy. Given how much they cost, that’s not on.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Just noticed that Tricky Towers is an update to 99 Bricks Wizard Academy, which is one of my favorite mobile games of all time.

http://weirdbeard.nl/

Best PS+ month since the launch of PS4.

Yeah I'm excited for Tricky Towers, despite it being a flash game. Competitive looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Sakurazuka posted:

From what I've heard it's a horrible port and definitely not worth the price they're asking for a ten and seven year old game

The only way Ultimate Alliance 1/2 would be worth $60 is if they came with Xmen legends 1/2. But it seems a 12 year old did the port, so I wouldnt bother.

• Locked thread