Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Sonofsilversign posted:

Oh awesome im on now.

Im guessing theres no way to get Keldeo in gen 6? It and meloetta seem to be what everyone wants on the gts.

Keldeo will get distributed via Mystery Gift in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Dunban posted:

Keldeo will get distributed via Mystery Gift in October.

Oh cool Ive always wanted one, its so drat cute. Thanks for the Aromatisse :kimchi:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Geostomp posted:

I would like to see more variation on Pokemon by region. What I mean is Pokemon from Sinnoh have slightly different colors from those in Alola to better adapt to their environment. Of course, that runs the risk of turning everything into Vivillon for obsessive collection.

i wish arbok kept their patterns when moved between regions/gens

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone have a link to good newbie guide to competitive pokemon/breeding. My girlfriend and I just picked up ORAS and want to make sure we still have something to do in the game after beating the main story stuff.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

Does anyone have a link to good newbie guide to competitive pokemon/breeding. My girlfriend and I just picked up ORAS and want to make sure we still have something to do in the game after beating the main story stuff.

Breeding may be getting a significant overhaul in Sun/Moon if IVs can be trained. Probably better off right now just gathering good pokemon with good natures rather than getting perfect IV stud dittos.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Breeding may be getting a significant overhaul in Sun/Moon if IVs can be trained. Probably better off right now just gathering good pokemon with good natures rather than getting perfect IV stud dittos.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
I can't wait to find out what the SunMoon starters evolve into. Owls are my favourite animal, the seal thing is adorable and I am torn.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
There's only one option then: pick Litten.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
But litten is boring, cute seal is the only way to go

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cats are good. great, even

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sharrrk posted:

cats are good. great, even

https://twitter.com/nazcochat/status/748516021992984576

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I can't say I'm too wild about the starters in this one. Each gen usually had at least one I really liked but these look kinda boring.

I liked all 3 in Gen 1. I also liked Tododile, Treeco, Torchic, Chimchar, Turtwig, Tepig and Froakie a lot.

I guess I'll go for the cat or owl this time. Depends on what the fully evolved forms look like, I guess.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm putting my faith in the cat

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can't say I'm too wild about the starters in this one. Each gen usually had at least one I really liked but these look kinda boring.

I liked all 3 in Gen 1. I also liked Tododile, Treeco, Torchic, Chimchar, Turtwig, Tepig and Froakie a lot.

I guess I'll go for the cat or owl this time. Depends on what the fully evolved forms look like, I guess.

I'm sorry but we're already past the honeymoon phase of starters you have to pick a team now.

Just to be safe I'm gonna go ahead and assume Team Rowlet as he is the best so

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Badass shiny Liepard.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

My team will be a Rowlet and five Mimikyu.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Would anyone be interested in trading a Hoopa for my Genesect?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I went Fennekin, then Treecko, so now my choice is Popplio. I'll be choosing the other two on repeat playthroughs anyway.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm going all in on Rowlet this Gen unless Litten and Popplio have really cool final evos (I love all of them though)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
rowlet more like foulet

pick litten, be hip and happening

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thinking about the war crimes the Pokemon company committed by not having the Battle Frontier in ORAS and also by not letting contests be playable online.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rafza posted:

rowlet more like foulet

I guess he really rufflets your feathers

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

mabels big day posted:

Thinking about the war crimes the Pokemon company committed by not having the Battle Frontier in ORAS and also by not letting contests be playable online.

Worst part is that they even included the Frontier Brain theme in the soundtrack.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
TFW you think you've found a Wailmer but it's secretly an Alomomola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fIVJmTi-nw

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Mean Look, Block, and Spider Web will prevent roamers from fleeing, but some of them will still use Roar to force you out. However, status effects on the target will persist in between battles. Put one to sleep using your fastest guy, and they'll run away while asleep. Then take your trusty Suction Cups Cradily and hit it with Block, which it learned from a move tutor. Even after they wake up, they can't force you to run and you can't force them to run. However, you don't have False Swipe, so be careful.

iunno what is a suction cups cradily but i guess i'll try sleeping it with my hoppip and then using dumb batboy. although with four of them on the map there wont be any way to know which i am encountering so i wont be able to have the correct dude in front gently caress

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Super No Vacancy posted:

iunno what is a suction cups cradily but i guess i'll try sleeping it with my hoppip and then using dumb batboy. although with four of them on the map there wont be any way to know which i am encountering so i wont be able to have the correct dude in front gently caress

suction cups prevents the pokemon from being switched out against its will iirc

so it blocks things like roar, whirlwind, etc

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Does it bother anyone else that Snorlax can't learn wide guard

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

LightningKimba posted:

Keldeo and vanilla Lucario, though the latter is only a 5 stat difference.

I wreck face with SPATK Lucario all the time. He gets aura sphere, flash cannon, shadow ball, dragon pulse, etc.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is mega lucario still banned because it can do both physical and special attacks

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Does it bother anyone else that Snorlax can't learn wide guard

Guarding things takes effort.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But he's so wide

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

oddium posted:

is mega lucario still banned because it can do both physical and special attacks

I think it was that coupled with Adaptability giving it double damage for STAB instead of 1.5. So it wasn't so much that he can do either, it's that no matter which one he picked you either guessed right or you got flattened.

And guessing right didn't guarantee a drat thing.

EDIT: And with Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, or Vacuum Wave, he didn't even have to be FASTER than something most of the time to still hit it with what amounts to ExtremeSpeed that can be super-effective.

EDIT2: Accidentally a word

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 27, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Classtoise posted:

I think it was that coupled with Adaptability giving it double damage for STAB instead of 1.5. So it wasn't so much that he can do either, it's that no matter which one he picked you either guessed wrong or you got flattened.

And guessing right didn't guarantee a drat thing.

Yeah, Smogon has had a lot of iffy picks over the years but M-Lucario is definitely Ubers territory. Incredible stats, typing, movepool, and ability. Even if you play perfectly against one you're still getting some absurd damage dished out on you, and god help you if it boosts cause it learns Swords Dance and Nasty Plot.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Oh, my mistake he doesn't learn Mach Punch.

Point still stands that thing is a beast.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

oddium posted:

Uber's isn't banned, it's just the VGC tier for smogon.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Whoever makes the next thread please make a supercut of responses for "which version/game should I buy and why" in the OP because it seems to be asked every other page. Thank you in Advance.

Also if I haven't hailed Satan yet for "you will finally be able to raise goddamn IVs, putting an end to 90% of Poke-eugenics", Hail Satan.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

hail satan

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Diet Poison posted:

Also if I haven't hailed Satan yet for "you will finally be able to raise goddamn IVs, putting an end to 90% of Poke-eugenics", Hail Satan.

If you can train them whats the point of even having them conceptually?

Nerf them to a ten point spread, move the points to evs and expand super training imo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sonofsilversign posted:

Nerf them to a ten point spread, move the points to evs and expand super training imo.

Because it'll be expensive and time consuming to raise them so you're stilll better off using th 6 IV ditto to get a 4-5 IV pokemon then raising that last stat.

The real question is will you be able to lower IVs in Ultra Jump Super Special Training Remix. Because I've got a 5 IV ferroseed with a 1-3 in speed and that's just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sonofsilversign posted:

the idea is that breeding them is easier/faster but hyper training lets you continue to use the Friends that you made on your journey instead

• Locked thread