Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

Oh man. Since the terrifying LOCK HER UP show trial last week, the predictable response to any calls that Trump should perhaps face consequences for what is at the very least an open suggestion that a federal crime be committed by a foreign power will have to be "Oh sure, NOW it's okay to call for the imprisonment of your political opponents." This includes the actual government doing so because, of course, the Obama Administration are firmly on the side of his rival for the 2016 election.

Trump is basically either incredibly stupid and incredibly lucky or the greatest manipulator of public perception of the past hundred years, and I cannot decide which.

the fox news fear machine and tea party did all of the tough propaganda groundwork already. Trump just hijacked the train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

It WOULD be great.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mr. Putin call your office

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

i've created a monster, cause nobody wants to see winning no more, they want jailing, i'm chopped liver

But if ya want Donald, this is what I'll give ya. A little bit o' greed mixed with some boot lickers. Trump vodka that'll kickstart my heart quicker than a shot when I get shocked at Mar a Lago by Ivanka for not cooperating, playing grabass on the stage while she conversating, HEY

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

the fox news fear machine and tea party did all of the tough propaganda groundwork already. Trump just hijacked the train

Oh yeah, this is the culmination of basically the last 50 years of public discourse. (I hope to god it's the culmination. I genuinely do not see what the next phase could possibly be.)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Next speech he will be calling for Hillary to be thrown in the gulag.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the candidate who brought a big "reset" button to sergei lavrov is now framing the possibility of better relations with russians as a pipe dream only imaginable by kremlin sleeper agents

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Internet Webguy posted:

Next speech he will be calling for Hillary to be thrown in the gulag.

No Christie already did that last week.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

docbeard posted:

(I hope to god it's the culmination. I genuinely do not see what the next phase could possibly be.)

Teddy Cruz 2020.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Have we talked about Trump's pathetic ratings yet

quote:

According to CNN’s analysis of the preliminary Nielsen data, the first night of the Democratic National Convention averaged 26 million viewers. The first night of the Republican National Convention, meanwhile, averaged about 23 million viewers.

The same story for the second night, according to CNN host Brian Stelter: The Democratic convention averaged about 24 million viewers, while the Republican convention averaged about 19 million.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Boosted has your wife taken your balls out of her purse and let you wear the red MAGA hat yet?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

#sufferingfromsuccess

i've made it and i never asked for such an immense burden

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Homework Explainer posted:

the candidate who brought a big "reset" button to sergei lavrov is now framing the possibility of better relations with russians as a pipe dream only imaginable by kremlin sleeper agents

Achieving "better relations" by letting them do whatever the hell they want is a pipe dream.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

overcharge

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

Oh yeah, this is the culmination of basically the last 50 years of public discourse. (I hope to god it's the culmination. I genuinely do not see what the next phase could possibly be.)

that's pretty hard to say but it depends a lot on whether the economy gets better for working people and if all the terrorists die anytime soon

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

nachos posted:

no, see, the dnc is putting on a hollywood glitz and glamour spectacle to get butts in the seat, trump's rnc was all about the issues and didn't need phony celebrities to get people's attention

that's literally his excuse lmao. also, woah at that continuation of the eminem verse

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zen death robot posted:

Boosted has your wife taken your balls out of her purse and let you wear the red MAGA hat yet?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

it's almost as if the context is completely different and russia is currently ruled by a corrupt strongman dictator whose failing to adapt to a changing global economy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mannerup posted:

overcharge

ayyyyyyy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol at Trump projecting his weirdo need for Putin to be his friend on the GOP base voter, and the voter going Yeah sure alright, woooo! love us!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

it's almost as if the context is completely different and russia is currently ruled by a corrupt strongman dictator whose failing to adapt to a changing global economy

vote for Trump and that could be America too!!

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol at Trump projecting his weirdo need for Putin to be his friend on the GOP base voter, and the voter going Yeah sure alright, woooo! love us!

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next poll they do, Putin's favourability amongst Republicans increases.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Fullhouse posted:

vote for Trump and that could be America too!!

:dukedoge:

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
10 types of trade! I can't tell what's parody.

https://twitter.com/jdelreal/status/758398761815142400

Also someone needs to call him out on this Wharton bullshit. If he didn't get an MBA, he didn't go to Wharton.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
the gop shade game is real

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/758398069746569216

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Venom Snake posted:

"failing to adapt to a changing global economy" is a cool, euphemistic way of saying "not doing what the us wants"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nachos posted:

I tried

Like The Apprentice in it's heyday wasn't even the number one show in it's timeslot

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

"failing to adapt to a changing global economy" is a cool, euphemistic way of saying "not doing what the us wants"

communism failed bro

globally

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Xandu posted:

Also someone needs to call him out on this Wharton bullshit. If he didn't get an MBA, he didn't go to Wharton.

wharton has undergrad. penn is like columbia where you can apply to different undergrads instead of just the liberal arts college

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
All of you holdover Commies are gonna vote TRUMP! *click* now right?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/758400130563338242

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sure, the first generation. It's the second generation that gets ya

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Russia's extraction economy is falling apart because whoopsie basing your entire budget on oil being high forever is bad, also it doesn't help they keep hamstringing themselves with retarded protectionism that makes things more poo poo for the average russian consumer. None of this is getting into the Russian government being aggressively poo poo for LBGT people and other minorities

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FsD7kn9L8

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

wharton has undergrad. penn is like columbia where you can apply to different undergrads instead of just the liberal arts college

I think the suggestion is that going to Wharton for undergrad is not remotely the same experience as getting an MBA at Wharton.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Xandu posted:

That's not true.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mango sentinel posted:

I think the suggestion is that going to Wharton for undergrad is not remotely the same experience as getting an MBA at Wharton.

i mean business school undergrad and mba are just different strains of scumbaggery but i suppose that's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Baloogan posted:

i am the person boosted has probated the most by far imo so i kno what im talking about

actually i might be the goon probated the most by ALL The IKs because they can't handle it

if I were an ik I would never probate you baloogan

oh someone else did it

• Locked thread