Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That Bunyip entry is just being true to Rage Across Australia's legacy of complete bullshit! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, that field tack contains Flour! AND FLOUR IS OF THE WYRM! FLOOD THE LOCAL FARMS! KILL THE WHITE MAN! RESTORE THE LAND!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
And here I thought a werewolf cookbook would resemble Ordinary Swedish Meal Time more than anything else.

Rage Across The Kitchen.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

I might actually do an FnF for it and the Mage one combined when it comes out.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
I actually made the Glass Walker recipe a while back. It was okay, but a little too bland for me. Though I left out the mushrooms because I think mushrooms are gross.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Kavak posted:

Did Mortal Remains give Hunters Breaking Points?

Its treatment of Integrity is very short and basically tells you to replace Morality with Integrity, you probably shouldn't give hunters a pass on violent breaking points when the victim is a monster, and the optional The Code rules should still work fine.

Speaking of character psychology in game abstractions, it's an intriguing little oddity that, of the 2e major templates known thus far, it's mages and demons of all things that share the human Anchors of Virtue and Vice. (Though, speaking frankly, I think differing Anchors have been fairly overused to no real addition for most of the others; once 2e freed them up from specific 7x7 lists, Virtue and Vice weren't broken and didn't need to be fixed.) But yes: the Awakened have experienced a recontextualizing epiphany about reality and their place in the world, and the stability of their soul is now holding back the force of supernal power. They're not just everyday janes who happen to be able to conjure fireballs; they're people a little out of joint.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

A whole bunch of VTM books are part of the Humble Book Bundle this week, for the three people who don't have it and want to pick it up.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/vampire-masquerade-rpg-bundle

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

cptn_dr posted:

A whole bunch of VTM books are part of the Humble Book Bundle this week, for the three people who don't have it and want to pick it up.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/vampire-masquerade-rpg-bundle

It's all Revised Edition (so far), plus the Book of Nod and By Night Studios' new VtM Mind's Eye Theatre rulebook.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

I Am Just a Box posted:

But yes: the Awakened have experienced a recontextualizing epiphany about reality and their place in the world, and the stability of their soul is now holding back the force of supernal power. They're not just everyday janes who happen to be able to conjure fireballs; they're people a little out of joint.

Although interestingly the game recommends that you change your Virtue and Vice every time you gain a dot in Gnosis, as the experience is so fundamentally worldview shattering that you can't help but come out of it as a completely changed person. Mages are still recognisably human, for sure, but they're a hell of a long way from normal.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Demon Virtues and Vices aren't as likely to change, but they're also pretty alien at times and can reflect strange or even inhuman moralities.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Roland Jones posted:

Demon Virtues and Vices aren't as likely to change, but they're also pretty alien at times and can reflect strange or even inhuman moralities.

Probably the most interesting combination I can remember from the Demon game I'm in is Virtue: Curious, Vice: Mercy on a former hunter-killer.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
I suspect Demons having Virtue and Vice is a product of that book's weird transitional status. It doesn't seem like a conscious decision so much as they just hadn't thought to give different lines their own Anchors yet.

I do really like this version of those Anchors, though. Maybe flipping them so the Virtue is a traditionally bad trait and the Vice is a traditionally good one is kind of obvious, but I still really enjoy my current demon with Virtue: Ruthless and Vice: Helpful.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait.

There is a White Wolf cookbook.

And they're making another.

No.

No no no.

Why would anyone do this. How do you get from one of these to the other.

Who thought of making a list of werewolf recipes and how are they not medicated?!?!?????

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Who thought of making a list of werewolf recipes and how are they not medicated?!?!?????
I think the problem might stem from a little too much medication, wink wink.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I... I want this Werewolf cookbook and I would (will) unironically buy the next WW Cookbook

It's me, I'm the turbo-nerd (who likes cooking) :ohdear:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

FrostyPox posted:

I... I want this Werewolf cookbook and I would (will) unironically buy the next WW Cookbook

It's me, I'm the turbo-nerd (who likes cooking) :ohdear:

I got it. Tried the gumbo, and liked it. Never opened it again afterward, thus missing all the racist stuff at the end.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed by the general lazy stereotypes that are many of the Werewolf tribes, or their inability to even get those right, and then I realize I probably have better things to do with myself than wasting brainpower on that.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

If we're gonna play that game, I'm pretty sure "God is a literal machine and angels are made of glass and bone marrow, I know because I slept on a couch and accidentally broke time" is several steps higher than "food that werewolves might eat" on the What The gently caress Were You Smoking Scale.

Honestly, incidental fluff like that can be really interesting. I'm a sucker for worldbuilding, and if I happen to get a decent apple pie recipe out of it that's just gravy.

e: assuming they don't, you know, gently caress it all up

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I recently paid 10 dollars for a supplement to another system that was just a giant book of equipment because I wanted to see what the hell was up with the recipes it promised would be contained within.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Why would anyone do this. How do you get from one of these to the other.

Who thought of making a Red Talons recipe and how is it not a pork recipe with the book constantly refering to pork as "long pork"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Somebody was going on a prolonged tanty at Rich Thomas on the OPP forums yesterday about cookbooks and music suites and other "wastes of money," I recall.

It pretty much ended with Rich saying "let me know when you run your own successful game company, and I'll make an appointment for you to drive down here and tell me what is or isn't good for my dang brand."

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Sounds like ye olde nerd fallacy: "I do not like/have no use for this product, therefore it is objectively a waste of time and money"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Terrorforge posted:

I'm a sucker for worldbuilding, and if I happen to get a decent apple pie recipe out of it that's just gravy.
There's no gravy in apple pie, what is the matter with you

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Well I suppose you could consider apple sauce to be a kind of fruit gravy.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Oh no, we're not going down this road. Over in the AFP thread they went down it and determined that a pizza is a kind of sandwich and that a salad with dressing is a type of stew. That can't happen here.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Loomer posted:

Oh no, we're not going down this road. Over in the AFP thread they went down it and determined that a pizza is a kind of sandwich and that a salad with dressing is a type of stew. That can't happen here.
Wait, what kind of nonsense was this? Are we talking literal interpretations of recipes being inexact, flavor text not lining up with recipe text, or something stranger?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
They should make a Vampire-themed book of cocktail recipes. Liquid diet and all that...

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

A cheeseburger is a pizza

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Little_wh0re posted:

A cheeseburger is a pizza

A pizza is really just a very specialized open face sandwich

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ProfessorCirno posted:

A pizza is really just a very specialized open face sandwich

If you're not folding your slices in half you're eating the wrong pizza.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

Sounds like ye olde nerd fallacy: "I do not like/have no use for this product, therefore it is objectively a waste of time and money"

At the same time, "You can't criticize X until you make X" is always a lazy defense for criticism.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

There's no gravy in apple pie, what is the matter with you

I'm a Black Spiral Dancer, please be respectful of my incredibly lovely culinary practices.

... you know, that was supposed to be a joke, but then I remembered I really have cooked some weird poo poo in my life. The Cookie Crumble Bolognese and Whole Porkchop Lasagna weren't half bad, but my attempt to salvage my disintegrating falafel by turning it into Oil and Chickpea Slurry is probably the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Loomer posted:

It has to be heated to be a stew. At most it is a cold soup.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
What have I done.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Terrorforge posted:

I'm a Black Spiral Dancer, please be respectful of my incredibly lovely culinary practices.

... you know, that was supposed to be a joke, but then I remembered I really have cooked some weird poo poo in my life. The Cookie Crumble Bolognese and Whole Porkchop Lasagna weren't half bad, but my attempt to salvage my disintegrating falafel by turning it into Oil and Chickpea Slurry is probably the worst thing I've ever eaten.
You'll never be as bad as one of my best friend's former roommates was. His method of cooking everything and I do mean everything was to boil a pot of water, then turn the heat off and put whatever he was cooking in the now-cooling water with the lid on. His favorite thing to do this with was chicken breasts, to make his "famous" chicken with pepper sauce. This was a poached-ish chicken breast as above, no seasoning at all, with a "pepper sauce" consisting of water (not even the cooking water, fresh water), corn starch, and ground black pepper. That's it.

Maybe this can be the fomori recipe.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

You'll never be as bad as one of my best friend's former roommates was. His method of cooking everything and I do mean everything was to boil a pot of water, then turn the heat off and put whatever he was cooking in the now-cooling water with the lid on. His favorite thing to do this with was chicken breasts, to make his "famous" chicken with pepper sauce. This was a poached-ish chicken breast as above, no seasoning at all, with a "pepper sauce" consisting of water (not even the cooking water, fresh water), corn starch, and ground black pepper. That's it.

That does legitimately sound like the sort of thing you'd have an MIB or fetch eat to imply they're not quite human.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rand Brittain posted:

Somebody was going on a prolonged tanty at Rich Thomas on the OPP forums yesterday about cookbooks and music suites and other "wastes of money," I recall.

It pretty much ended with Rich saying "let me know when you run your own successful game company, and I'll make an appointment for you to drive down here and tell me what is or isn't good for my dang brand."

I legit think nWoD deserves a John Carpenter-esque soundtrack. Or Goblin-esque. You know what I mean.

poo poo, John Carpenter still does music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fXm5tKZ6fE

(Holy gently caress, he made a Lost Themes II, I need to buy that yesterday!)

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Yawgmoth posted:

It sounds like he heard about low energy cooking and then went straight into salmonella country. The basic idea is actually pretty solid - boil the water, add the ingredients, and then most importantly, cover it with plenty of insulation. Without that last part, you're cooking food poisoning. With it, so long as your ingredients are okay, you've got a low energy cost method of cooking a stew/casserole/etc.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Loomer posted:

What have I done.

Opened Pandora's Box. There's no closing it now, the forces you have set in motion cannot be stopped. Now the entire Traditional Games forums will be overtaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

I'm trying to remember a certain Requiem Bloodline, but can't remember which book it was in or what the theme of it was. I can only remember that, as one of the bloodline's (carefully hidden) weaknesses, their bloodline discipline wasn't actually unique to their bloodline and could theoretically be learned by any Kindred. Does anyone remember what bloodline I'm thinking of?

Also, when you say "bloodline" five times in close succession it stops looking a real word.