Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

what's really sad is HAW dreads haven't become more of a thing

I asked about this earlier. Stationary weapon platform dedicated to killing subcaps seems questionable because any concerted effort would just be countered by subcaps leaving the field.

Needing two sets of really expensive guns doesn't help either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xlr82xs
Sep 9, 2008
I haven't been paying a lot of attention to politics lately, but I've noticed a lot of random people in game ranting about Fawlty7 being a goon fucker. Is this just a delayed reaction to him taking a chunk of the AUTZ guys to Delve 7 months ago or something new ?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

xlr82xs posted:

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to politics lately, but I've noticed a lot of random people in game ranting about Fawlty7 being a goon fucker. Is this just a delayed reaction to him taking a chunk of the AUTZ guys to Delve 7 months ago or something new ?

People are being dumb, but I believe I heard that Fawlty is siding with the delve residents so maybe that's why people are complaining

xlr82xs
Sep 9, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

People are being dumb, but I believe I heard that Fawlty is siding with the delve residents so maybe that's why people are complaining

I mean, he is a delve resident himself now. Kinda makes sense.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

xlr82xs posted:

I mean, he is a delve resident himself now. Kinda makes sense.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but a lot of people are dumb and call everyone who leaves goonfuckers

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but a lot of people are dumb and call everyone who leaves goonfuckers

I know right.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

I know right.

I still don't like you though

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

And to think I just wished him a happy birthday last night.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

gwrtheyrn posted:

Fawlty's a good guy, IMO. And last I heard, he wasn't particularly grrgoon either. It's simple -- Delve's his home, and he'll try to defend it (or, at least, help LUMPY with defending their space), and it's no big deal -- you can shoot people without hating them. I understand that is a foreign concept to many goons, but it's true.

(I wish he'd stop poaching AUTZ goons tho. :( I'm one of those ultra-late-night-west-coast-USTZ guys, and I'm steadily having fewer people to make bogan jokes with.)

Landsknecht posted:

dread meta right now for a lot of stuff is just buffer+disposable

what's really sad is HAW dreads haven't become more of a thing

The problem with HAW dreads is figuring out how to keep subcaps from just burning out to 75-85km and killing you from afar. It's a major reason that I think the Revelation is the only really good HAW dread due to Scorch XL.

HAW titans, otoh, are loving amazing.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real
I roamed through 30 systems in delve and saw maybe 10 people in all most that was at a gate camp on the sakht gate in 1-smed. I am looking forward to the times a head.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

I still don't like you though

And I probably earned 90% of that. Though mostly out of ignorance and not malice. I tried really hard to fit in with Theta but it all just turned to crap.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 hours!)

Zephyrine posted:

And I probably earned 90% of that. Though mostly out of ignorance and not malice. I tried really hard to fit in with Theta but it all just turned to crap.

In all honesty I can say I never saw or heard you in Theta Mumble once, ever, in my whole duration of being in Theta. I mean we even got Atrum to hang with us.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rust Martialis posted:

In all honesty I can say I never saw or heard you in Theta Mumble once, ever, in my whole duration of being in Theta. I mean we even got Atrum to hang with us.

some people's mics don't work for like 2 years okay

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

[posts about zeph]

:same:

xlr82xs posted:

He betrayed GSF by leaving and daring to let people make the choice to follow him. He is a Goon Fucker and should be hunted down.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

[posting about zeph intensifies]

[posts about ~the blacklist~]

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I think the reason haw dreads aren't popular is that the doctrines you would use them against also use triage so youmight as well just use a regular dread and kill their reps. I could see it working well in concert with armor t3s that fit scrams though

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

hi, i think zeph is cool now.

please make posts regarding this

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I heard we won the north and are now moving to take Delve

GSF is doing pretty good imo

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

something something spin baby spin

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You play Overwatch. :colbert:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Overwatch is cool and good and full of Tracer, something this game lacks.

This game only has the retards screaming into their microphone part.

Freakus
Oct 21, 2000
Interesting, I tried to do a character move (after not playing for about 2 years) using the "Stuck Character" feature and they said none of my characters were eligible. I wonder what criteria they use.

I guess it's no big deal, I can just sell everything on the cheap.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

the Capital Emergency GBS Unit is a skillshot, which makes it not as reliable as just straight up taking a DD on the chin
I feel that to call something a skillshot when its effect lasts for 20 seconds and you get several seconds' advance warning when you need to activate it is pretty much a semantic warcrime.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

I feel that to call something a skillshot when its effect lasts for 20 seconds and you get several seconds' advance warning when you need to activate it is pretty much a semantic warcrime.

:agreed: -- although, to be fair, one thing that DOES catch a lot of people by surprise is that you need a fairly healthy chunk of capacitor to activate it. If you're on a cap-hungry dread (or have been running an active tank for a while, or both), you may not have enough to start it. And at 10,000 cap, that's more than you can get in a single injection, even with the new injectors.

(Plus, Goons aren't exactly good at spotting when a DD's going off. :colbert:)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Does the dd effect even show up if you have all effects off?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

LemonDrizzle posted:

Remember, this is a fit for the generic everygoon for whom pressing a single button on command is a nontrivial challenge.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

LemonDrizzle posted:

In a game full of old people that is skill

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Elsa posted:

In a game full of old people that is skill

Especially if the said old people are drunk or taking pills.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Voyager I posted:

Remember, this is a fit for the generic everygoon for whom pressing a single button on command is a nontrivial challenge.

managing to press a button after "3...2...1..." is a non-trivial challenge for any alliance

maybe if this game didn't lend itself so well to alt-tabbing

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ullerrm posted:

Fawlty's a good guy, IMO. And last I heard, he wasn't particularly grrgoon either. It's simple -- Delve's his home, and he'll try to defend it (or, at least, help LUMPY with defending their space), and it's no big deal -- you can shoot people without hating them. I understand that is a foreign concept to many goons, but it's true.

(I wish he'd stop poaching AUTZ goons tho. :( I'm one of those ultra-late-night-west-coast-USTZ guys, and I'm steadily having fewer people to make bogan jokes with.)

The problem with HAW dreads is figuring out how to keep subcaps from just burning out to 75-85km and killing you from afar. It's a major reason that I think the Revelation is the only really good HAW dread due to Scorch XL.

I hope he comes back after we take Delve. Fawlty was really cool to fly with. :ohdear:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

HAW dreads suck because of the siege timer; if you could use HAWs unsieged then dreads with triage would be a cool, serious comp

if there were long-range HAWs or w/e those could also be cool; imo dreads should have a better time blapping subcaps (i am a dread owner)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Finished another trip with other people's caps and ships, and most of it was T1 like Ospreys, Scythes, Carcals, Ventures, and even a Procurer

of course I will move your T1 industrials little buddies, trade me what you have everything will be okay :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made this post when PL announced their charity citadel "for the kids" and it brought everyone from horde line members to top tier PL cronies out to discredit me. They talk about Mittens spin, but they belong to the same gym.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55295483/

They're unapologetic and flaunting what they have done, right in front of your faces.

How can you stand for this New Eden?

PL did not eradicate goons. They eradicated Mitten's meta, and they took the members who make up goons, into their ranks, ostensibly handing Goons the final win in the culture war .

There is a special place in Hades for people who use the guise of "helping children", and "charity", for personal gains.

You did not listen to me.

You did not listen when I predicted the fall of Deklein and the real intent of PL last winter. I was mocked, ridiculed, threatened.

You did not listen when I warned you about PL's Citadel plans. Again, I was mocked, ridiculed, and threatened.

Will you heed my warning now brothers?

The time is nigh. Prepare your war chests. We're going to give PANFAM a failcascade for Christmas. If you are tired of being complacent, tired of the game's entire meta being changed over the actions of <10% of the playerbase. Now is your time to rise up. Follow me brothers, and I will lead you unto the glory that the destruction of Deklein failed to provide you.

Ho, Ho, Ho...

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Unfunny Poster posted:

I made this post when PL announced their charity citadel "for the kids" and it brought everyone from horde line members to top tier PL cronies out to discredit me. They talk about Mittens spin, but they belong to the same gym.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55295483/

They're unapologetic and flaunting what they have done, right in front of your faces.

How can you stand for this New Eden?

PL did not eradicate goons. They eradicated Mitten's meta, and they took the members who make up goons, into their ranks, ostensibly handing Goons the final win in the culture war .

There is a special place in Hades for people who use the guise of "helping children", and "charity", for personal gains.

You did not listen to me.

You did not listen when I predicted the fall of Deklein and the real intent of PL last winter. I was mocked, ridiculed, threatened.

You did not listen when I warned you about PL's Citadel plans. Again, I was mocked, ridiculed, and threatened.

Will you heed my warning now brothers?

The time is nigh. Prepare your war chests. We're going to give PANFAM a failcascade for Christmas. If you are tired of being complacent, tired of the game's entire meta being changed over the actions of <10% of the playerbase. Now is your time to rise up. Follow me brothers, and I will lead you unto the glory that the destruction of Deklein failed to provide you.

Ho, Ho, Ho...

source your quotes.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DisgracelandUSA posted:

source your quotes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ux4k4/i_told_you_that_pl_would_use_its_charity_keepstar/

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Note that, despite him not quoting his sources, this is some Reddit retard troll post. Not even Tallywhacker (or however you spell his name) is this dumb.

Unfunny Poster posted:

They talk about Mittens spin, but they belong to the same gym.

False, 3/4 of Eve's player base will never set foot in a gym

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Note that, despite him not quoting his sources, this is some Reddit retard troll post. Not even Tallywhacker (or however you spell his name) is this dumb.

False, 3/4 of Eve's player base will never set foot in a gym

I cited my source you gently caress :argh:

Also http://evemaps.dotlan.net/jump/Thanatos,544/Hakonen:Maila is pretty great as well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This is one of the few threads where the posters are retarded enough to believe it was you, bad call actually sourcing it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

This is one of the few threads where the posters are retarded enough to believe it was you, bad call actually sourcing it

That is how Derek Smart got mad at a post I made and changed my AV once. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

making idiots spend money on this dead forum is winning

• Locked thread