Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All the black bars mean I need to play some serious catchup on MTMTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The_Doctor posted:

All the black bars mean I need to play some serious catchup on MTMTE.

catch up for the Megatron stuff, because no word of a lie, Robert's Megatron is a loving amazing character

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah I've been reading MTMTE as it releases in trade format and I'm super behind, I've read up as far as Dark Cybertron (volume 6 I believe?) and Amazon tells me that volume 9 came out in May.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

catch up for the Megatron stuff, because no word of a lie, Robert's Megatron is a loving amazing character

Yeah. He somehow makes him really believable as both a charismatic leader that can win over crowds and being inept at socializing from lack of exposure to it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm just glad that the DJD minus Nickel are dead, Black Shadow and Flywheels you have been indirectly avenged

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Hooooley shiiiit. :chanpop:

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah I've been reading MTMTE as it releases in trade format and I'm super behind, I've read up as far as Dark Cybertron (volume 6 I believe?) and Amazon tells me that volume 9 came out in May.

You've read up to volume 5 then, the Dark Cybertron stuff was collected in it's own trade and volume 6 starts 6 months after Dark Cybertron

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm just glad that the DJD minus Nickel are dead, Black Shadow and Flywheels you have been indirectly avenged

I'm just glad that Megatron survived and didn't turn evil again. Both of those were hinted at, and there's little I hate more in writing than that whole "Your redemption comes through death" sort of thing. If you really want to redeem a character, have them live and WORK FOR IT, which I think Roberts is doing with Megs and I love it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The one thing I didn't like is RAVAAAAAAGE NOOOOOOOO :qq:

main thing I got out of unsubtitled (which also came out but by accident) is that Onyx Prime is probably going to have a toy down the line, maybe that's Alpha Lion's repaint.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Acne Rain posted:

The one thing I didn't like is RAVAAAAAAGE NOOOOOOOO :qq:

main thing I got out of unsubtitled (which also came out but by accident) is that Onyx Prime is probably going to have a toy down the line, maybe that's Alpha Lion's repaint.

It was previously said but man that panel with Soundwave was freaking heartbreaking. I feel bad for Soundwave in IDW sometimes.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
MTMTE #35:

I had wondered about a red herring but I wish Roberts had put in more hints about the truth, like maybe tying in Tarn's cog addiction. He and Skids are shown to know each other in flashbacks, though Skids might have just previously met him as Tarn.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think it was probably a mistake to set these things up as big huge mysteries if there wasn't going to be satisfying conclusions to them. All these big reveals have happened in the blink of an eye in the middle of a bunch of other things going on at the same time. I get that it fits with all the story bullet points if you look at it right, but it seems like a bit of a cop-out. What's behind that mask? Some face we've never seen before because the character didn't have a face before he became Tarn. Also he got an entirely new huge body, so the fact that he looked a lot like Roller didn't mean anything. It kinda feels a little like one of those twists where the author changed it because the audience guessed it.

I think things are looking up though, now that James Roberts isn't juggling so many plot points at once because they're all dead. I would've liked a final moment of reflection before the DJD died, but what are you gonna do. I sure wish James Roberts would stop introducing characters for me to care about only to kill them off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I dunno, not giving them time to wax poetic before being slaughtered by Megatron was pretty refreshing. They had been fairly central characters the entire series and not letting them really get a word in before it all went south for them was a real "poo poo happens, you hosed up" moment

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly I'm just glad the DJD minus Nickel are dead, cause besides her I'd say they're legitimately some of the worst Transformers characters to have been thought up in this century, at least if we don't count anything from the Bay movies

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tarn's design was rad though.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I like the DJD and thought #55 was good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know why everyone's complaining about the low bodycount. boom

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sorry to make a post not about the comics, but Hasbro MP Bumblebee is starting to show up in US Toys R Us. I found one today.

Everyone can commence bitching about Toys R Us/Hasbro MP prices now.

Rhyno posted:

I think I missed the boat on him.
Nah, I just found my Thunderhoof like two weeks ago. Not that I have a lot to compare him to, but he's easily the most impressive of the RiD figures transformation-wise. Plus I think he's still in the first wave of the revision line with the green-lined boxes, whenever that shows up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, his transformation rocks so much. I've read some praise for the Scorponok/Paralon mold too (and Paralon has a BW Scorponok head!). I wanna get that blue Drift repaint now, I think. Plus there's a warrior Bisk coming later!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder how long until Wei Jiang KOs these new waves.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

Sorry to make a post not about the comics, but Hasbro MP Bumblebee is starting to show up in US Toys R Us. I found one today.

Everyone can commence bitching about Toys R Us/Hasbro MP prices now.
Is it $120 down there? After tax he ends up around a hundred USD in Canada, and the packaging photograpy has him mistransformed.

On a total opposite of the value spectrum, Pink Assassin is $20 and comes with a stand

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That face is pretty adorable. :kiddo:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That reminds me, Iron Factory did a mini-Windblade, right? Did anyone here pick it up? If so, is it worth getting? I'm THIS CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a TFsource order unless it turns out the figure is garbage or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

That reminds me, Iron Factory did a mini-Windblade, right? Did anyone here pick it up? If so, is it worth getting? I'm THIS CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a TFsource order unless it turns out the figure is garbage or something.

I keep meaning to, my friend says it's awesome.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think it was probably a mistake to set these things up as big huge mysteries if there wasn't going to be satisfying conclusions to them. All these big reveals have happened in the blink of an eye in the middle of a bunch of other things going on at the same time. I get that it fits with all the story bullet points if you look at it right, but it seems like a bit of a cop-out. What's behind that mask? Some face we've never seen before because the character didn't have a face before he became Tarn. Also he got an entirely new huge body, so the fact that he looked a lot like Roller didn't mean anything. It kinda feels a little like one of those twists where the author changed it because the audience guessed it.

I think things are looking up though, now that James Roberts isn't juggling so many plot points at once because they're all dead. I would've liked a final moment of reflection before the DJD died, but what are you gonna do. I sure wish James Roberts would stop introducing characters for me to care about only to kill them off.

Nah, the "talks people to death" thing is a massive glaring billboard in hindsight. and I'm pretty sure that came up almost as soon as the character was introduced. I've never understood the other theory since there's literally nothing to it except big robots kind of look alike and "because Roller would be angry at Prime so obviously he'd become the biggest bastard"

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 28, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

The boobs are off-putting and her paint can chip in a couple places but it is well worth the price.

I bought it when it came out and told you about it. Get an Iron Factory Delta Magnus and Pink Assassin while you're at it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

It's very good.

Spiderdrake posted:

The boobs are off-putting and her paint can chip in a couple places but it is well worth the price.

Fair points, mine hasn't chipped though, and I'm not really focusing that much upon her chest, so YMMV.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Re: Ravage in #55

It hadn't occurred to me at the time but reading it again, might his final words be considered somewhat ambiguous? I mean, my first reading was he was just pleased to see Megs back to wearing the badge and to stay that way but perhaps it's more of a plea/warning not to return to his warmongering ways after all. More than anything else, Ravage seemed like an actual concerned friend throughout. drat, we're never gonna know.

I am quite hyped for the future, once all this TR bobbins is out of the way. So very bored of books I like being derailed by lame crossover events...

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Sentinel Red posted:

Re: Ravage in #55

Ravage's entire story in MTMTE is open to interpretation. It can be read as either trying to get Megatron to return to being a warlord OR as trying to help him take responsibility for his unique position and move on so he can make a positive change in the world.

Personally, I go with the latter, because the decepticon cause started out as being all about equality and an end of opression. Ravage was one of the biggest victims and is also one of the chillest dudes ever who has been shown to exhibit caring and sympathy for those he meets.

I don't agree with it, but do think the former is a valid reading, too. Ravage can be an rear end in a top hat at times: look at what he did to Ten.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

I am quite hyped for the future, once all this TR bobbins is out of the way. So very bored of books I like being derailed by lame crossover events...
I mean I guess but Roberts said at (I wanna say tfcon last year) that he was going to do the next crossover after CW since you get a chance at new readers. The next two issues look hype as gently caress besides, the teaser was Prowl urging Fort Max to take the ultimate risk

I'm actually a bit interested to see where he takes it. It's entirely possible we spend an arc or two with Captain Getaway and the others just go back to Cybertron for a while.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sixshot showed up at Cybertron Con. The images are lovely for now so I'll just link to the article which will probably be updated. As some here speculated Voyager Prime is almost a sure Octane remold candidate. Legends Kickback and deluxe Roddy was there too.

Linkie

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Can Getaway go back to Cybertron at this point? The guys on the Necrobot Planet did get a message out, which should make it hard for at least Getaway to stay on Cybertron.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

Sixshot showed up at Cybertron Con. The images are lovely for now so I'll just link to the article which will probably be updated. As some here speculated Voyager Prime is almost a sure Octane remold candidate. Legends Kickback and deluxe Roddy was there too.

Linkie

Hold the drat phone, on the back of the box behind Blaster in the second picture. Is that Titan's Return Kup?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anora posted:

Hold the drat phone, on the back of the box behind Blaster in the second picture. Is that Titan's Return Kup?

I think that's Generations Sergeant Kup. He's part of a boxset of 1986 movie characters.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Looks like Gen Kup. Wasn't there a boxset of the TFTM crew (Springer, Arcee, Drift Blurr, Kup and Magnus)?

E: dangit

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

As for Ravage, he stowed away on the Lost Light I believe under orders from Soundwave to gauge whether Megatron's change of faction was for real or a ruse and if it was real to kill him. Of course, the next thing that happened was they found the entire crew of the alt Lost Light murdered by the DJD so it then becomes a case of did Ravage not want Megatron to go back to what he was because he saw how toxic Decepticon ideology was up close and personal?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anora posted:

<squints> suuuuure, why not?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Nah, the "talks people to death" thing is a massive glaring billboard in hindsight. and I'm pretty sure that came up almost as soon as the character was introduced. I've never understood the other theory since there's literally nothing to it except big robots kind of look alike and "because Roller would be angry at Prime so obviously he'd become the biggest bastard"

Only if you squint really hard. Glitch's power was specifically to disable nonsentient machinery by touching it, and it hurt him like hell to use it. A lot of the premise that there was a significant secret identity was based on the fact that the badge face was a mask, which it might has well just been his face because the original character had no face to begin with. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Roller is Tarn theory either, but there aren't a lot of candidates in the first place.

Anora posted:

Can Getaway go back to Cybertron at this point? The guys on the Necrobot Planet did get a message out, which should make it hard for at least Getaway to stay on Cybertron.

Oh no, Getaway and pals went and sent robo-Hitler and some autobots to die at the hands of the DJD, I'm sure that's going to be real high on president Starscream's priority list.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh no, Getaway and pals went and sent robo-Hitler and some autobots to die at the hands of the DJD, I'm sure that's going to be real high on president Starscream's priority list.

Technically, Getaway set the Galatic Council after them who just happened to have Overlord in their ranks. They're late because the DJD got to the Necrobot's planet first, killed him, sent the signal luring Megs and co to his planet, so then (assumingly) Getaway gave the Council their location from there. Apparently

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Xenomrph posted:

She's pretty good, esp. if you pair her with Metroplex. Only things I don't like are her wings blocking the articulation of her arms and lack of ankle articulation, but it doesn't seem like that'll be a problem with Arcee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I suspect Getaway will... emerge unscathed.

e: No idea what ACG-HK 2016 is but they know how to pose figures.

(Includes pics of Masterpiece Delta Magnus, Thrust, Inferno, and Optimus Primal, Titans Return figures, Hasbro Liokaiser and Computron, Platinum boxsets, and SDCC Fort Max.)

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 28, 2016