Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

source your quotes

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747706177

edit - wow I haven't been on the bnet forums in years what a cess pool of poo poo. I mean they always have been annoying and whiny, but this is just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

your level doesn't affect matchmaking at all

Literally as soon as I prestiged all my quick match games are filled with all 100 plus players. Could you show me where it is written that there is no account taken to player level?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
they made the game around tracer so it would be hard to justify her getting nerfed

a good genji or widow is loving horrible to play against though

if they buffed mei's weapons in any way it would be really unfun to play against, however, i'd be keen to see her as more of an area denial character so maybe letting her splatoon the battlefield a bit more giving speed ups/slow downs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

flashman posted:

Literally as soon as I prestiged all my quick match games are filled with all 100 plus players. Could you show me where it is written that there is no account taken to player level?

I'm like level 30 and all of my games are at least half comprised of prestiged people. matchmaking mmr is separate from your ingame level. what's likely happening is that other people are prestiging around the same time as you

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

flashman posted:

Checkout this post form Jeff Kaplan that discusses how the matchmaker works: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371#post-3

He even points out that you can see level 1s vs higher level players because of their MMR (from beta in that case). Level doesn't get factored at all, and if it does, it is far below the things he mentions, such as time, ping, group, mmr, etc. It may simply be Baader-Meinhof where you prestige, noticed you star, and suddenly see it everywhere. It's also partially due to the fact that everyone has been playing for a while now, even casually, and the majority will soon be running around with at least a star on their profile by now, outside of new players or pros that only scrim in custom games. I prestiged in the first week of the game and played vs. low level players. I barely play now, but when I do log in, there's still quite a mix of <100 and >200 level players.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Greenplastic posted:

gently caress Mei, she's pretty much a war criminal with her sick executions

The guy being executed in that picture is the actual war criminal by the way.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

feeling good about my Overwatch stats :)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
adamsolo3000 on PSN

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I'm adamsolo3000 on Xbox One

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm adamsolo3000 on Xbox One

what a coincidence!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Shoutout to the game I had earlier with some goons where 3 hanzo ran wild all over us

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
I assume this is a copy-paste but I do think it's pretty dumb to restrict 21:9 as some kind of competitive advantage when there are a gazillion of other things out there that give you an even stronger competitive advantage.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Well TVIQUE is so good that he can actually make Hanzo look like a great character. He was destroying people on stream.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Every night I've played this since the patch that changed that added Ana I've been constantly hosed over by lag. Tonight as Mei I would drop a wall and a second later an enemy would appear clipping through the top half of the wall. Roadhog hooks acting like they connect but bringing me no one. Roadhog M2's exploding in front of people without damaging them. It's really killing all the fun I was having with the game. :(

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I was kind of unchill about a seven game losing streak last night, but today I won 15 games in a row. :eyepop:

Karma is real thank you Zenyatta.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Symetra's beam shreds rear end when nano boosted, sawed through three people in less than a second.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know I'm a bit behind the curve because I haven't played in a while but I am really liking the changes that they made to D.Va, especially the defense matrix. It really makes her more viable and turns her into an ult-destroyer

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Had two great wins in comp tonight. Went D.Va on Lijiang Towers and it almost feels like cheating with how good she is if they don't have a tank buster. Fly in, decimate the squishies, then fly off for a health pack before ambushing them on their way back from spawn. Got a cheevo for completely shutting down an enemy Roadhog's ult with my matrix.

Second game was payload in Dorado. Attack round went really well, with the enemy team doing the death-conga thing. Defense was awesome. I went Rein and just blocked the cart from ever moving for the first four minutes before stupidly charging a Winston off a cliff by their spawn. They managed to push up to the archway into the plaza before first point. I got Hammerdown'd just as I moved to engage, but an awesome Ana on my team kept me healed up and popped a nano-boost on me as soon as I got back up. I then used my Hammerdown and went wading in for a team kill. Probably the best/luckiest play I've had so far.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
There needs to be a visual animation for when a Reinhardt shield breaks (and probably for Winston/Zarya shields as well). I know there's the cracks that show up on the shield, but bringing the shield to 0 hp and turning off your shield looks exactly the same. I've had a few times teammates asking me "Did your shield break?", that this isn't visually obvious and apparent is really strange to me.

Just have it shatter into like 4 pieces and fade away quickly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

^^He usually gives teammates a pretty obvious audio cue, which I guess is not much help for ya.

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Symetra's beam shreds rear end when nano boosted, sawed through three people in less than a second.

Does it charge up to higher damage faster too?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

resistentialism posted:

^^He usually gives teammates a pretty obvious audio cue, which I guess is not much help for ya.
If its not auto-dimmed by the dynamic sound system thing, yeah. I know I've missed it before.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

resistentialism posted:

I'm the Reinhardt player in my group. My teammates aren't deaf.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Doesn't it already have a brief shattering animation when it goes down? Could have sworn I've seen it do that before.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Brannock posted:

I know for sure that he says something to the effect of "Shield is broken!" but I don't remember the exact phrasing.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BARRIER IS DESTROYED

Or as he says it

BAREUHH IS DESTROID

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

resistentialism posted:

Does it charge up to higher damage faster too?

I believe so.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Canemacar posted:

Doesn't it already have a brief shattering animation when it goes down? Could have sworn I've seen it do that before.

I thought so too but I was the guy who asked if he put his shield down and I was literally rammed right up his model to try and heal him and myself with a jarate on grandma. :shrug:

A more obvious visual effect would be nice, either way.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Brannock posted:

The characters should do sign language imo

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
And yeah the shield visibly breaks, it's just not super clear

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've adopted a roulette table strategy for solo queue comp- 3 losses in a row, and i'm out to go do something else

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
You should drop the barrier before it breaks anyway, at least if people who claim it recovers more quickly that way are to be believed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Papercut posted:

You should drop the barrier before it breaks anyway, at least if people who claim it recovers more quickly that way are to be believed.

it does and is really easy to test for yourself compared to a lot of these things

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
tracer needs a double jump imo.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

I hate to say it but there's no magic combination of changes Blizzard's going to make that convinces people not to pick [HERO] even if you think [HERO] sucks. Plus what you're suggesting is supremely counterproductive, raising Widowmaker's bodyshot damage is only going to encourage more people to pick her so you're still going to be just as frustrated.

I don't want people not to pick her, I want her not to suck so picking her doesn't screw over your team

Darth Windu posted:

tracer needs a double jump imo.

And a thick Brooklyn accent instead of the horrible ear-torture she has now

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

And a thick Brooklyn accent instead of the horrible ear-torture she has now

why are you suggesting tracer nerfs :mad:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
This loving game man..

-Grouped up with goons and on the first match, as soon as the "choose your hero" countdown ended I suffered a CTD.
-Rejoined the game automatically upon booting back up, as soon as it tried to load into the level, CTD.
-Rejoined the third time, spectated expecting to get picked back up at match end, CTD when the match ended.
--Reboot
-Get in, no issues for a bit. Play a single solo Comp match with no issues.
-Group up with some friends, CTD on loading into the first match.
-Rejoin, CTD at the end of the match.
-Play through entire round on Numbani (a comp match no less), as they're approaching our final point I flank to pull an S76 ult, CTD as soon as they come into view.
--Uninstall/Reinstall

No issues at all since launch. Last night I had a single CTD. Tonight I had 5.. wtf..
GPU is running at 62c, CPU at 47c, Ram is at half usage.. wtf..

:negative:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

What accent is she supposed to have anyway? I'm by no means an expert on the different British accents, but she seems to swing from a "proper" accent to sounding like an 1800s chimney sweep. Sometimes in the same line.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

I don't want people not to pick her, I want her not to suck so picking her doesn't screw over your team

the thing about snipers is that a good one will always be beneficial and a bad one will always be the worse than useless

the other thing is that people will always look at the sniper on their team and wish they were playing literally anything else

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

No issues at all since launch. Last night I had a single CTD. Tonight I had 5.. wtf..
GPU is running at 62c, CPU at 47c, Ram is at half usage.. wtf..

:negative:

I would be backing up all my files as this could easily be your hard drive failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Canemacar posted:

What accent is she supposed to have anyway? I'm by no means an expert on the different British accents, but she seems to swing from a "proper" accent to sounding like an 1800s chimney sweep. Sometimes in the same line.

Pretty sure she's supposed to sound like an 1800s chimney sweep and the "proper" accent is just what the actress really sounds like.