Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo

https://avemariaradio.net/prophecy-donald-trump-shall-become-the-trumpet/

quote:

Trump shall become My trumpet to the American people, for he possesses qualities that are even hard to find in My people these days. Trump does not fear man nor will he allow deception and lies to go unnoticed. I am going to use him to expose darkness and perversion in America like never before, but you must understand that he is like a bull in a china closet. Many will want to throw him away because he will disturb their sense of peace and tranquility, but you must listen through the bantering to discover the truth that I will speak through him. I will use the wealth that I have given him to expose and launch investigations searching for the truth. Just as I raised up Cyrus to fulfill My purposes and plans, so have I raised up Trump to fulfill my purposes and plans prior to the 2016 election. You must listen to the trumpet very closely for he will sound the alarm and many will be blessed because of his compassion and mercy. Though many see the outward pride and arrogance, I have given him the tender heart of a father that wants to lend a helping hand to the poor and the needy, to the foreigner and the stranger.

Trump = The Trumpet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

The alt right thread is in cspam if you want to go beyond what people have already said: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776682&perpage=40

lol, the OP is on probation.

"I think we've come to the right place, then"

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 28, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

beatlegs posted:

I'm sure Trump has a soft side, but i'm also quite sure it's driven by the need to convince himself he's a great, benevolent superior being rather than just doing it because it's the decent thing to do.
Is his soft side the one that wants to gently caress his daughter?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Is his soft side the one that wants to gently caress his daughter?

Hopefully. If it ever gets hard she might be in trouble.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chilichimp posted:

It's super not, though, and Milton Friedman is spinning in his grave.

Welfare drug testing?
Almost two decades in the desert fighting "Bad Guys"?
Tax cuts for the wealthiest people?
General austerity measures?

Checks out, bub.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone here had a personal encounter with Trump supporter that has been able to actually name Trump policy that will "Make America Great Again" other than the loving wall?

Also isn't the point of a gun free zone not to stop a maniac but to make sure that everyone isn't going to shoot each other trying to figure out who the Bad Guy With a Gun is?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Has anyone here had a personal encounter with Trump supporter that has been able to actually name Trump policy that will "Make America Great Again" other than the loving wall?

Also isn't the point of a gun free zone not to stop a maniac but to make sure that everyone isn't going to shoot each other trying to figure out who the Bad Guy With a Gun is?

He's going to "Make America Great Again" by being president versus "That Bitch".

*list of poo poo that was debunked by snopes over a decade ago*

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I just realized today that MAGA means "Make America Great again." I kept on reading it like it was Hebrew (and thus, meant "combat").

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Are you me

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Has anyone here had a personal encounter with Donald "Some, I assume, are good people" Trump supporter that has been able to actually name Donald "Some, I assume, are good people" Trump policy that will "Make America Great Again" other than the loving wall?

I work with a 20-year old Trump supporter who has a rich daddy and a fall back option of just joining the family business, and he's pretty honest about his reasons being basically FYGM. Though, if you ask him, his first response is a half-sarcastic "he's going to make america great again". Honestly, he seems to know Trump is a joke and is just too naive to understand what his vote means.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Aeka 2.0 posted:

The ones I know won't even talk specifics anymore. They even admit Trump's awful, but no matter what she is always worse.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

VioletCorsica posted:

I just realized today that MAGA means "Make America Great again." I kept on reading it like it was Hebrew (and thus, meant "combat").

I imagine it as that scene from Salo where the guy is making everyone eat poo poo except it's Trump and he's red-faced yelling "MAGA!"

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

The one trump supporter I know was concern trolling about the DNC voicemail leak and thinks Jill stein is going to steal a lot of votes from Hillary because Bernie people are protesting

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Welfare drug testing?
Almost two decades in the desert fighting "Bad Guys"?
Tax cuts for the wealthiest people?
General austerity measures?

Checks out, bub.

One of the things Milton railed against was policy that had good intentions and made you feel good, but was ultimately worthless.

Look, it's not my fault that the ideology he helped found, fell into every trap he was trying to help it avoid.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chilichimp posted:

One of the things Milton railed against was policy that had good intentions and made you feel good, but was ultimately worthless.

Look, it's not my fault that the ideology he helped found, fell into every trap he was trying to help it avoid.

Same here, I'm not judging Milton as a person, I'm just saying that it passes the Duck Test with perfect marks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

He's going to "Make America Great Again" by being president versus "That Bitch".

*list of poo poo that was debunked by snopes over a decade ago*

Spread the word.

There are men alive today who were not born when snopes debunked that story about the good samaritan.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Hey so maybe everyone knew this already but Crowder has a freep account and he's been over there pimping his videos. Pagination is broken on that last link, you need to add &tab=comments to the end of the URL to make multiple pages to work.

Anyway, as you might expect, freepers love Crowder. Usually.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Trump's latest talking point has been this "Bring back Law and Order" (not the TV show) thing that seems to have a lot of people swooning because they don't know we've been on a steady decline of violent crime for ages.

I think he's really dogwhistling the BLM movement and stuff like that, but whenever I hear him or one of his supporters say it, all I think is, "Will he make the trains run on time?"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

robotsinmyhead posted:

Trump's latest talking point has been this "Bring back Law and Order" (not the TV show) thing that seems to have a lot of people swooning because they don't know we've been on a steady decline of violent crime for ages.

I think he's really dogwhistling the BLM movement and stuff like that, but whenever I hear him or one of his supporters say it, all I think is, "Will he make the trains run on time?"

He's 100% dogwhistling the BLM movement. It's frustrating too since if he wins the media will immediately start actually reporting the lowering crime statistics and give him the credit for sticking it to "criminals" while doing nothing other than supporting murderous police.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chilichimp posted:

lol, the OP is on probation.

"I think we've come to the right place, then"

Baloogan is always on probation

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

robotsinmyhead posted:

He's a demagogue, so he speaks to the fears of the people he's reaching towards. Those people are scared of violent blacks (protests/riots), Islamic terrorists, and drug gangs.

It's so obviously racist at it's core... look at those targets: frustrated brown people, fanatic brown people, and organized crime brown people. BROWN PEOPLE ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY!

All data shows that violent crime is trending down (and has been for like 20 years), so this is all just fear-mongering... the exact thing that the Republicans claim the Democrats do to pander for votes.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 28, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Oddly enough, the loving wall is the only Trump policy I'm actually something of a fan of, because while I think it'll be mostly useless even as far as raising the effort-barrier of entry, I'm on board with useless Keynesian boondoggles as an inefficient but politically viable stimulus package. :v:

Sure, I'd rather have Clinton's actual-infrastructure proposal, but tens of billions of wall-dollars and hundreds or thousands of ICE jobs aren't the worst regional stimulus ever.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

this is all just fear-mongering... the exact thing that the Republicans claim the Democrats do to pander for votes.

Accusing the enemy of your own weaknesses is Republican move #1.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oddly enough, the loving wall is the only Trump policy I'm actually something of a fan of, because while I think it'll be mostly useless even as far as raising the effort-barrier of entry, I'm on board with useless Keynesian boondoggles as an inefficient but politically viable stimulus package. :v:

Sure, I'd rather have Clinton's actual-infrastructure proposal, but tens of billions of wall-dollars and hundreds or thousands of ICE jobs aren't the worst regional stimulus ever.

I completely get where you're coming from re: jobs and infrastructure projects, but this is accelerationistic.

That money from a wall could just as easily go into a road project, water, power plants, etc. Hell, even 'useless' WPA-style projects like public parks. Of course the problem here isn't the money - it's the desire to have a wall to keep us 'safe' from the swarthy hordes south of the border.

A wall is doable because it serves a (dubious) perceived function for the whole of the country, whereas the other projects are just wasteful!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It would be a sight to behold as the congress has to vote on that stupid wall if he actually tried to push it. It would be absurdly expensive so GOP congressmen would be put in a position where they had to either budget for this huge government project or risk angering their dumbass base that needs a wall to protect them from bad driving illegals.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
There probably wouldn't be a wall, since he's insisting Mexico pay for it. Most likely it'd be a few months of bluster and then the topic would quietly be dropped, maybe at best you'd see a chain link fence across the southern border.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I'm guessing like with Brexit 90% of his promises would be unkept as they are totally unfeasible logistically and politically and his voters would spend his term convincing themselves why that's ok.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

Yeah I'm guessing like with Brexit 90% of his promises would be unkept as they are totally unfeasible logistically and politically and his voters would spend his term convincing themselves why that's ok.

Cognitive dissonance is their strong suit, after all. They've been practicing since sunday school.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Part of me wonders if Trump knows the poo poo he says is unfeasible. I know he's made his living off being a blowhard, but his act is either REALLY good or he's on some sort of Mr Magoo level of luck where, even when his ideas fail, he comes out fairly clean on the other side and figures he won due to his own intelligence.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

robotsinmyhead posted:

Part of me wonders if Trump knows the poo poo he says is unfeasible. I know he's made his living off being a blowhard, but his act is either REALLY good or he's on some sort of Mr Magoo level of luck where, even when his ideas fail, he comes out fairly clean on the other side and figures he won due to his own intelligence.

He's bankrupted how many business ventures?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

robotsinmyhead posted:

I get the feeling he thinks he might be able to do some of this stuff but if it doesn't work out who cares no one is going to hold him accountable.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chilichimp posted:

He's bankrupted how many business ventures?

No, but don't you see? He manipulated bankruptcy law and turned those failures into million-dollar payouts! I mean, let's be real, isn't a few million worth more than years of effort, thousands of jobs and the faith and trust of your business partners? Isn't that the kind of person YOU want running the economy?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News is the victim :qqsay:

quote:

During his show on Wednesday night, O'Reilly said that his comments on the slaves who helped build the White House were "100 percent accurate" and provided "context" to First Lady Michelle Obama's speech at the Democratic convention. He said that it was "not a defense of slavery."

"For doing that, I was immediately attacked by smear merchants," he said. "It is a given that slavery is an abomination, but reporting the story behind Mrs. Obama’s very valid points does not diminish the horror of enslavement as these dishonest critics allege."

War on Fox

quote:

"I think the time has come now, where this whole network is going to have to band together, all of us, and we’re going to have to call out the people who are actively trying to destroy this network, by using lies and deception and propaganda. We're going to have to start to call them out by name, because that's how bad it's become,"
he said.

Rivera then mentioned an encounter he had with protesters outside of the Democratic convention in Philadelphia, when a protester dumped water on Rivera's head. Rivera mentioned Black Lives Matter and noted that many in the group are "reasonable and responsible," but he said others are "race warriors" who want to pit white people against black people.

O'Reilly, responded, telling Rivera that "it's getting to the point of danger," arguing that it's tough for Fox News reporters to go out in the field.

"Jesse Watters goes on the floor of the Democratic convention, and some photographer comes up and starts swearing at him and cursing at him right in his face? This is provocation,"
he continued. "These people are doing this. They want me dead, Bolling, literally dead."

Bolling responded to O'Reilly, "I’m not sure they want you dead."

"Oh they do, believe me," O'Reilly said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/o-reilly-defends-well-fed-slaves

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Alternatively, Bill, you could avoid saying stupid poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trump was just being sarcastic guys, geez.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/polit...linkId=27034902

quote:

Donald Trump said Thursday morning that he was only kidding when he appeared to encourage Russian intelligence agencies to find Hillary Clinton's thousands of deleted emails.

"Of course I'm being sarcastic," Trump said in a Fox News interview that aired the day after his comments sparked a national furor. "You have 33,000 emails deleted, and the real problem is what was said on the emails from the Democratic National Convention."

:lol:

This reminds me of what happened up here in Canada when some Liberal guy was saying he would close hospitals down for some reason and when he got in poo poo, "I was kidding!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
They swore in his face. Start the revolution.

Anyway folks stay tuned, after the break we interview the brave misunderstood patriots who just thought they saw a fly on a black guys face at the Trump rally.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Trump was just being sarcastic guys, geez.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/polit...linkId=27034902

:lol:

This reminds me of what happened up here in Canada when some Liberal guy was saying he would close hospitals down for some reason and when he got in poo poo, "I was kidding!"

He's just being a goof! Lay off'em, jeez!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
No one wants you dead Bill, we want you to invite Camron back on.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It has to be really bad if Trump says he's just kidding. I doubles down on everything. I don't think he wants people to make the connection between him and the Russians.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No one wants you dead Bill, we want you to invite Camron back on.
O'reilly would rather be dead than have Camron on again.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I don't want BillO dead. I want him to say dumb crap on TV and be roundly mocked for it, and his audience to dwindle slowly but surely.

I get my wish almost every night.