Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
So is this radiobahn going to be reversed? It seems like any halfwit (Brundle) has figured out how detrimental it is to the show and serves absolutely no purpose other than to be cuntish.

gently caress off Charlie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm still loving watching these NASCAR vids dedicated to the radio

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

If you follow GP2, Binder is replacing Canamasas from this weekend

GPUpdate

If you don't follow GP2 this is probably a Good Thing because Canamasas is a bellend.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Canamasas is basically double Maldonado.

What's replacing him is Haryanto's slower twin. He had a weekend in an ART car this year and couldn't score a point.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nsaP posted:

I've watched like 10 of them now and every single one is good. They all swear constantly and nobody ever says "affirm"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I find it surprising that Haryanto isn't the worst performing driver on the grid this year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

If Honda could fix their engines in 2017, they would in 2016.

its Toyota redux.

Their design is awful and they do not have enough tokens to rectify the issue. They cannot do it this year. In addition, they started 2 years late more or less, what were you expecting?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

In addition, they started 2 years late more or less, what were you expecting?

I seem to remember a lot of people thinking mclarens access to mercedes new turbo engine would let them make a good performing carbon copy.

Would have been a good idea, in hindsight.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mercedes owns the engine, not McLaren. It's not like they could of have just handed one over to Honda.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mercedes kept a lot of engine data away from mclaren in the last year of that deal, which was one of the reasons why they were so bad that year

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And the two teams who are nearest Mercedes for the last three years are both not using Mercedes engines

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

nsaP posted:

I'd never seen one until the vid posted last page. If all NASCAR races were done like that I'd probably watch it. F1 would be so interesting if drivers was cussing people out left and right, getting directions from the pit wall, etc....but wait, NOPE.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It would be supercool if the rules knuckleheads remembered this is a team sport.

Eather ban the loving radio fully and go to pit boards. Or reverse the loving rule.

What we have now is bad for everyone.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

banning radio entirely would be very dumb IMO, but if it's between that and the situation we have now, i'm all for it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It'd be fine and we'd all adapt. This in between situation is stupid and doesn't help criticism that this entire sport has become a gimmick recently.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I just dont understand if we're already banning V10s and active aerodynamics and ABS (all standard things on road-sports cars) but going back to H-Pattern shifters is a bridge too far into the past.

A formula of Single plane, active wings, ground effects and proper gearboxes would MAKE F1 GREAT AGAIN.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hah, Ross Brawn is on a flight to Frankfurt.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i would flight on ross brawns frankfurt if you know what i mean

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dubs posted:

i would flight on ross brawns frankfurt if you know what i mean

:same:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

NtotheTC posted:

Maybe he just wants to try one of their sausages.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Team principal for the new KIA/Hyundai n-word performance Formula One team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/758701987269578752

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I just dont understand if we're already banning V10s and active aerodynamics and ABS (all standard things on road-sports cars) but going back to H-Pattern shifters is a bridge too far into the past.

A formula of Single plane, active wings, ground effects and proper gearboxes would MAKE F1 GREAT AGAIN.

Bring back the fan car!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is a cruel cruel prank. I refuse to believe that this sport did the completely rational correct thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Really? No Halo now?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

This is a cruel cruel prank. I refuse to believe that this sport did the completely rational correct thing.

I supported head protection.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Nico heaves a sigh of relief.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

There's no way this actually happened and the governing body did something rational.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Imagine if someone dies or gets injured by something that could've been stopped by the halo now lol

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

I support head.

Agreed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I supported head protection.

I meant more the other stuff. Head protection will be forced through on safety grounds anyways. Why they put it up to the vote is bewildering.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I hope the broadcast director just makes the audio of each race non-stop Fraudberg asking how to change gear.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
RIP Massa's career :( http://www.crash.net/f1/news/232422/1/massa-opens-f1-future-talks-with-other-teams.html

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

I hope the broadcast director just makes the audio of each race non-stop Fraudberg asking how to change gear.

"So it's the paddle on the right side behind the steering wheel?"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it would be great for the sport if williams replaced both their drivers

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Silly season predictions:

Mclaren
Nando
Stoffy Van doorne

Williams:

Button
Perez

Force India:
Hulkenberg (Trapped in midfield hell for ever)
Wehrlein

School-diarrhea Tardo Rotso:
Carlos Saints
Some Nobody

Haas:
Big John
Rossi

Sauber team China
Ming Qiáng
Qiáng Ming

Manor:
Massa
Maldonado

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 28, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Manor:
Massa
Maldonado

Maldonado is secretly on a mission for Bernie to free his mother-in-law. He's expected to crash and burn in this task and never to be heard from again.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

:( I liked it when they enforced track limits. It was moderately exciting when a fast time got deleted and they had to make another panic lap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The curbs at Austria were actually a good solution since you rightfully destroyed your car going over it. This phony policing they were trying where you get a penalty for exceeding is stupid though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GramCracker posted:

"So it's the paddle on the right side behind the steering wheel?"

"Nico, there are three paddles on the right side behind the steering wheel, you should know this by now "

• Locked thread