Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Finally caught up with BB. Other than James, I'm not sure I like anyone in the house. Maybe Bridgitte, but only because she seems like a nice, sweet person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Paul is a damned idiot.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tide posted:

Paul is a damned idiot.

I want to punch Paul and Day stupid smug faces. I hope that Bridgett sends them both home next week.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Wow an episode full of fireworks!!!

...would have been a lot more entertaining than this snoozefest.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
So we finally know why Michelle hates Bridgette so much: she's jealous of her closeness to Frank! Michelle has a huge crush on him! :barf:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
And they still haven't shown any of the abuse Bridgette has received, nor Michelle having a fit like a baby (with tears even) when people talk to the girls she doesn't like. This season is borderline out of line with the editing. It's like Evel Dick levels, but spread on nearly the whole cast. It's crazy.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I get there's only so much time, but the producers just seem to be hand waving so much as to whats actually going on.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I really wish I could write gently caress OFF PAUL in about forty point font right now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So great that we got Victor back in the house to....do nothing and sit there waiting to be evicted again.

I guess I should be happy that they got 5% of the mean girl poo poo in the edit.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bridge is a sweet woman with a heart and compassion.
Michelle (AKA Reddit) is every thing that is wrong with Millennials in one fat insecure package.
I like that the edit shows she grazes like the cow she is.
Reddit can try and think she can gather up Frank if Bridge bounces but Frank ain't got time for small bottom feeding fish.
Plus, her titties ain't sittin' right.

The hand waving of Day, Z, Reddit and Paulie being constantly passive aggressive to Bridge is sad but what can you do?

Frank is sure to go and then the house will go full nuclear on poor Bridge.
At least Nat and James will be some small comfort during the strikes.
I don't want it to get worse but almost want it to just to show the nasty characters these assholes display and put it up front and center.

If Bridge or Frank wins the next HOH it would be glorious come uppance but for Frank there would need to be some special power from some mystery room we only keep hearing about.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 28, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

As punishment for Brexit, a Frankie Grande class warhead has been dropped on the UK Celebrity Big Brother house. There were no survivors.

https://twitter.com/89razorskate20/status/758759520302669825

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 28, 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teek posted:

As punishment for Brexit, a Frankie Grande class warhead has been dropped on the UK Celebrity Big Brother house. There were no survivors.

:barf:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Britt Burns posted:

So we finally know why Michelle hates Bridgette so much: she's jealous of her closeness to Frank! Michelle has a huge crush on him! :barf:

The only women in the house not thinking with their vagina are Day and Bridgette.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Teek posted:

This isn't fair. Nobody deserves this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

"Celebrity"* Big Brother

*Only need to have been a contestant on normal BB or be related to a celeb.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

They actually made "But First" a hashtag....

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lol Michelle reminding everyone that she is the worst

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Brother 18 - This season sucks, so we will throw a new twist every week to try and keep people watching.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Day runs to cast her vote.
The producers try to throw in twists but they don't make up for the lack of gameplay and everyone going along with the majority.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 29, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The problem with casting a bunch of idiots is that they all clump together. Instead of having interesting players all trying to get each other out and making moves.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I like this HOH comp. Still no fan of most of the HGs.

I guess maybe shoot for Natalie for the Never Have Not Care Package? Save a better package for Bridgette possibly?

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009

Teek posted:

I guess maybe shoot for Natalie for the Never Have Not Care Package? Save a better package for Bridgette possibly?

My thoughts exactly.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Teek posted:

I like this HOH comp. Still no fan of most of the HGs.

When you go vote it says what the next few are. Never Have Not this week, then Eliminate 2 Eviction Votes, Super Safety (safe + wear a stupid costume), co-HOH (1 of the votes), and BB Bribe ($5k to offer one other houseguest to influence them).

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A couple of those would be good for Bridgette.

The bribe is cool too (assuming it's revealed after the veto ceremony), a "Hey, if I'm on the block and you help keep me safe, I'll give you X$ after I make it to next week" Wonder if you could lie about how much money you get in the package. If the HOH knows what it is before noms, it just gives them the ability to be a super big rear end in a top hat to someone. i.e. Give me the money or you're going home.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Keep Natalie off the board this week.
Vote Michelle so she can continue to graze.
And be a useless perk.

AAAAHAHAHAHA... no point to watch that shitshow!
England will turn on this douche in a hot second and deservedly so.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 29, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

bagrada posted:

When you go vote it says what the next few are. Never Have Not this week, then Eliminate 2 Eviction Votes, Super Safety (safe + wear a stupid costume), co-HOH (1 of the votes), and BB Bribe ($5k to offer one other houseguest to influence them).

Those are better than almost any of the twists we have had recently.... We should have had this poo poo weeks ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But then the prizes could have been dealt out to people we like early enough in the game go make a difference instead of being things that just paint targets on the few popular players before unpopular ones get powers when they're ghe only options left.

I may be a little bitter, but I totally agree that these would have made more sense early in the game and I feel like they're just something they just thought of to try and fix the season's problems. They're also giving away a free month of feeds to people who cancel, which makes it sound like a lot of people were canceling (I know I was considering). The signs seem to point to them trying to salvage things.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

But then the prizes could have been dealt out to people we like early enough in the game go make a difference instead of being things that just paint targets on the few popular players before unpopular ones get powers when they're ghe only options left.

I may be a little bitter, but I totally agree that these would have made more sense early in the game and I feel like they're just something they just thought of to try and fix the season's problems. They're also giving away a free month of feeds to people who cancel, which makes it sound like a lot of people were canceling (I know I was considering). The signs seem to point to them trying to salvage things.

They offer the free month all the time I think, I know this isn't the first time I went to cancel and got a free month.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Really? I know they offer a free month to new subscribers but this seems different. But I suppose I don't know because I haven't cancelled since the end of last season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Letting the audience give powers is definitely something that could have improved the show years ago, so it is weird that it took this long for them to finally cave in and do it. The show lives or dies on its audience commitment to it, especially with the feeds not being free, so why not give them some control over the show, instead of the dumb boring bullshit we get every year. It really sucks that they waited this long, because it probably won't shake out well for the audience, as everyone they like will be eliminated probably, and that will result in the producers deeming this a failure.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Yesssss, Nicole.
Volunteer to pawn!

Great move, dummy.
:bravo:

God, I hope Nicole bounces.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jesus Christ, America.

A Never-Not Pass for Nat?
Nat needs better love than that.

This is why America cannot be trusted with a vote.
gently caress!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hmmm, interesting curveball from Weird Beard.
Paulie needs to bounce like the rest of the Kool Kids Klub but I expect repercussions from that nom if things don't fall into a rosy gift-wrapped package post POV.

A Day in play makes one's work shittay.

Bridge was such a weak nom... she's neutered and aimless.
You could have absorbed her weakness as "friendship" (I hate this loving term).

Paul is a loving dope and I hope his shenanigans blow up in "yo boy's" face.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Who do we want for power #2, eliminate 2 votes?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

bagrada posted:

Who do we want for power #2, eliminate 2 votes?
Well, the idiots threw out Nat-Nat... so?
Bridge?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

Letting the audience give powers is definitely something that could have improved the show years ago

Robnoxious posted:

This is why America cannot be trusted with a vote.

:golfclap:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The vote was always going to flop because it demands game theory and this is a freaking reality show vote. Most viewers aren't going to sit down and map out a plan for who wins what each week. They're just going to instinctively vote for their favorite. That doesn't make them stupid. Its just a silly vote for a silly show they probably don't waste that much energy thinking about. That's how Elissa got nominated by the MVP when they changed up the rules suddenly. Its a natural result. People see a poll and they think "popularity contest."

The fact that it was a 1 day vote guaranteed that result even more. If it was a week long thing then the feedsters and the crazy obsessed people would have had time to try and push agendas and make plans. But this first one was always going to go to the most popular person in the house, so its BB's fault for making it be the silliest one they had.

The only real saving grace of this I see is that if Bridgette wins Week 2 after Nat wins Week 1 that might eat up the HG's egos alive. Its just a shame there aren't more well liked outsiders to win after that. Eventually a Nicole or Paul or Zakiyah is going to win one because people are out of options.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 1, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I hadn't realized when I said that that BB hosed it up by making it only one power per person. The way this is being deployed, it will almost certainly just gently caress up the game because a decent amount of the good poo poo will have to go to some assholes. It's like they realized they hosed up casting so bad that no one would vote for anyone but James and Nat.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
With any luck, the feed viewers vote in droves over the people that watch on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Tide posted:

With any luck, the feed viewers vote in droves over the people that watch on TV.

Well there are 5 powers to give, and only 3 decent people in the game. One of whom has a chance of going home with no power, as she is on the block now. That means 2 or 3 powers must go to people like Day, Paul, Paulie, Corey, Michelle, etc.

• Locked thread