Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd hate to be Takaki right now.

I guess he'll have to just go back to living his dream of making titty games then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Is there a trophy boosting thread at SA? Trying to complete Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale trophies, but I need the online ones. PSN ID is Radical_R if anyone wants to give me a hand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a logical reason that Sony has still not offered memory cards at a passable price or is it just them not giving a gently caress at this point? I don't get why actually storing the games you buy has been the biggest hurdle with this dumb loving system.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only people that are ever gonna buy one for a vita was probably gonna do it anyway so why bother lowering the price

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://henkaku.xyz/ something big is coming!

This is the first time there's been actual vita homebrew without it being extremely bullshit to run and not at all worth it. The previous method required something to send a payload over wifi and a complete reboot every time you closed a program/when a program locked, and a partial reinstall every 24 hours.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Honestly Sony should just sell 64 and 128gb cards for a couple of bucks and go full digital distribution. Couldn't really hurt.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Welp, guess I need to get another vita so I can leave this one at 3.6.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Clever move, Sony. Very clever...

leper khan posted:

Welp, guess I need to get another vita so I can leave this one at 3.6.

:v:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Carth Dookie posted:

Honestly Sony should just sell 64 and 128gb cards for a couple of bucks and go full digital distribution. Couldn't really hurt.

That would require Sony caring at all about the Vita though. :sad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't realise Shiren had a plus discount for the first week or so, decided to grab it, since it probably wont be on sale for a while.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Doctor Goat posted:

This is the first time there's been actual vita homebrew without it being extremely bullshit to run and not at all worth it. The previous method required something to send a payload over wifi and a complete reboot every time you closed a program/when a program locked, and a partial reinstall every 24 hours.

So what exactly are the benefits on this mod? I'm guessing its not as useful as a hacked PSP for PS1 games, emulators and such. Is that true?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

TV Zombie posted:

That would require Sony caring at all about the Vita though. :sad:

It'd also require everyone to give up on the idea of having physical editions of games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only physical vita games I've ever purchased were P4G on release and then Ys VIII this last week. I'm fine with digital only for handhelds

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SnatchRabbit posted:

So what exactly are the benefits on this mod? I'm guessing its not as useful as a hacked PSP for PS1 games, emulators and such. Is that true?

You can already install a thing that effectively gives you a hacked PSP in software mode, with all capabilities intact.

This is just going to give you the ability to run Vita-mode homebrew. I'm not sure if people will crack how PSN PS1 games work or anything.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In Training posted:

The only physical vita games I've ever purchased were P4G on release and then Ys VIII this last week. I'm fine with digital only for handhelds

I became perfectly fine with 100% digital once I got my 64GB. My Vita is now an island prepared for anything.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo

Doctor Goat posted:

You can already install a thing that effectively gives you a hacked PSP in software mode, with all capabilities intact.

Got a link? Last I checked it was convoluted and not worth losing PSN access.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SnatchRabbit posted:

Got a link? Last I checked it was convoluted and not worth losing PSN access.

I did not mean PSN as a capability. I meant the capabilities of the PSP.

There isn't anything as good as 3DS modding anywhere in this mess and i'm hoping henkaku changes that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't realise Shiren had a plus discount for the first week or so, decided to grab it, since it probably wont be on sale for a while.

:same:

It's good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

This is just going to give you the ability to run Vita-mode homebrew. I'm not sure if people will crack how PSN PS1 games work or anything.

You know what runs PS1 games pretty well? The psn copies of them that go for like 3 dollars.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

In Training posted:

You know what runs PS1 games pretty well? The psn copies of them that go for like 3 dollars.

Hate to play devil's advocate, but that doesn't include the entire library of games that PS1 has offered.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Yeah, I was just trying to think or anything relevant to the PSP's capabilities the Vita didn't explicitly already have.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

Cool if it works but I kinda dgaf anymore. It was fun on the psp but having emulators and a second stick for Fear Effect 2 aren't worth giving up PSN for.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gundam Breaker 3 Thoughts:

Pros:
-Has basically every Gundam I think is cool
-Gundams feel fast and cool
-Looks pretty
-Sound design is decent
-Monster Hunter-esque loot system without the resource gathering

Cons
-Framerate sometimes dips low
-It seems like a lot of mechanics aren't very well explained
-MSes like the Hygogg and Z'Gok that have claws have weird clipping issues if you try to give them weapons besides the claws
-Fat MS parts look weird on other mechs
-Plot is very generic so far and the character art is pretty boring

Overall very good but would probably be a little better on PS4. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind import prices, the translation is actually pretty good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Oh! Two more:

Pro:
My Hygogg can suplex other robots

Con:
I can't figure out how to consistently do suplexes

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 Thoughts:

Pros:
-Has basically every Gundam I think is cool
-Gundams feel fast and cool
-Looks pretty
-Sound design is decent
-Monster Hunter-esque loot system without the resource gathering

Cons
-Framerate sometimes dips low
-It seems like a lot of mechanics aren't very well explained
-MSes like the Hygogg and Z'Gok that have claws have weird clipping issues if you try to give them weapons besides the claws
-Fat MS parts look weird on other mechs
-Plot is very generic so far and the character art is pretty boring

Overall very good but would probably be a little better on PS4. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind import prices, the translation is actually pretty good.

Agree on all points. I'm liking it very much though.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Oh! Two more:

Pro:
My Hygogg can suplex other robots

Con:
I can't figure out how to consistently do suplexes

My one nitpick is that the Heavyarms chaingun seems to be energy based and not bullet based and sounds really puny.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So it's official, EB Games has decided to stop stocking Gal Gun and EV on Australia

quote:

PQube Games has gotten back to us with the following statement on the situation by Peter Fury the PR Executive at PQube:

I can confirm that EB Games Australia has taken both Gal*Gun Double Peace and Senran Kagura Estival Versus off shelves in their stores. We just got confirmation of it last night. Apparently pre-orders will be honoured but other than that EB Games will not sell those titles anymore.
When we inquired further, we were told that apparently this was brought about by someone at EB Games reading a story on GalGun and getting upset by the content they saw. They specifically referred to the term “orgasm bomb”, so I’m guessing they got an eyeful of some glorious doki-doki action.
It is our understanding that this is not an Australia ban, but rather EB Games deciding to take this off their shelves on their own.

And EB gave a statement about it

quote:

Thank you for contacting us.
Australians who are 18 years or older have the right to make their own choices about what video games they play.
We assess our product range on a regular basis using a number of key business factors, including sales rates. In this instance we have made the decision to no longer stock these products.
The extremely small number of customers who have an existing preorder are still able to collect their copy of these titles.
Thank you again for contacting us

http://techraptor.net/content/gal-gun-double-peace-australia

That is a pretty curious turns of events to say the least.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
And so a non-story becomes a mess. That PR guy has a great name, though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Some doki-doki action that was.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That same EB games employee would be laughed out of the room for mentioning how much explicit violence you can find in modern games, even referring to the term 'nuclear bomb'.

It is kind of ironic in a sad way, although a bad game got hit by this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I have no interest in either game but now I want to buy both because I don't like governments telling me what fictional media I can and can't have.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Isn't techraptor that garbage "news" site that's editor thought that 'death of the author' was literal?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Carth Dookie posted:

I have no interest in either game but now I want to buy both because I don't like governments telling me what fictional media I can and can't have.

Yo, maybe learn how to read

quote:

It is our understanding that this is not an Australia ban, but rather EB Games deciding to take this off their shelves on their own.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

good news, no government has done that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway looking forward to some old australian guy kicking atelier out of walmart because of high impact sexual violence

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am the king of Australia and I deem it banned. all copies must immediately be shipped to my palace in perth

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

good news, no government has done that

Oh.

Good, I can spend that money on games I actually want then.

I r read good. :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would advise people not to buy the Vita version of Gal*Gun because the loading times are awful.

I dunno about the PS4 version but the rub the screen minigames can't be much fun on that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know what arcane magic they used, but Aksys are bringing out the updated Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters port.
On September 20th. Yeesh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I am the king of Australia and I deem it banned. all copies must immediately be shipped to my palace in perth

Wow, a palace in Perth? Must be the only property of value in the entire state. Good on you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

I would advise people not to buy the Vita version of Gal*Gun because the loading times are awful.

I dunno about the PS4 version but the rub the screen minigames can't be much fun on that.

I will get it on Vita because it is the shame platform and also because rail shooters on consoles make me motion sick for some reason. Bring back the light gun era.