Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

post more dongles. i need more dongles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the only issues ive had with lightning cables is they keep disappearing from my office

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i have covered a couple lightning cable ends in shrink tube because they frayed, and i had a phone replaced because of a worn out lightning port (6s plus).

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vintersorg posted:

steve would never let anything leak

steve literally had people killed to prevent leaks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

my car lightning cable has the end exposed but it still works so whatevs

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

steve would never let anything leak

well, the iphone 4 leaked

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Last Chance posted:

well, the iphone 4 leaked

and his life force out of his body

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Endless Mike posted:

post more dongles. i need more dongles
I need a dongle dongle, a dongle is what I need
Hey hey

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
dongle rage grips the pos

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
if steve popped up alive today he would grab a rifle and go all tinker tailor soldier spy on the person responsible for the missing headphone port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SSIp2J3YHM&t=55s

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
is this the dongle station?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eric posted:

is this the dongle station?

The Xbone Guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm at the dongle station

i'm at the accessory shack

i'm at the combination dongle station / accessory shack

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

i'm at the dongle station

i'm at the accessory shack

i'm at the combination dongle station / accessory shack

how much for two dongles?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

eric posted:

how much for two dongles?

ask your mom lmao

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

ask your mom lmao

lol

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

ask your mom lmao

hehe

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Perplx posted:

if the end of the lightning headphones could have a passthrough port that would be ok

like this but with lightning and smaller

in what twisted world is this poo poo ok

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

china

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know about you guys but between my wallet, my car keys, my phone, my pack of smokes, and sometimes my kindle. i feel like I already got too much poo poo to keep track of. Why would I want to keep track of the several required dongles that are currently built in to my phone on top of all that.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Don't smoke it's bad for you

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I dont know about you guys but between my wallet, my car keys, my phone, my pack of smokes, and sometimes my kindle. i feel like I already got too much poo poo to keep track of. Why would I want to keep track of the several required dongles that are currently built in to my phone on top of all that.

may b you should get a fucken purse haha

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Satellit3 posted:

may b you should get a fucken purse haha

apple is gonna start selling a branded leather unisex purse for all your dongles with a built in lightning port hub and battery pack so your 1 mm thin phone can last for more than 2 hours

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

mishaq posted:

apple is gonna start selling a branded leather unisex purse for all your dongles with a built in lightning port hub and battery pack so your 1 mm thin phone can last for more than 2 hours

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

mishaq posted:

cant wait itt for it to be mandatory on apple store employees

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

they can make a fanny pack as well. beautiful

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
we are through the looking glass here people

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lomarf. currently imagining all apple store employees wearing branded white spandex uniforms and branded black leather fanny packs. lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
apple 2016 genius looks:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Late 80's fashion FTW.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
would wear every one of those

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the hardware silence switch and a full-size audio jack from the start on the iphone are the perfect illustration of the design genius apple used to have. no minimalism for minimalisms sake, design pleasing because it fits its purpose

the floppy removal comparison is especially flawed: it is sort of hard to remember now, but before the iphone even supposedly music-focused phones almost invariably failed to include a 3.5 mm jack (e.g. walkman phones with a horrible custom dongle, rokr with 2.5mm etc). apple effectively *introduced* it into a market filled with dongle- and adapter-ridden poo poo

rip steve etc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus like. Floppies are actually obsolete now. 3.5mm isn't obsolete. The thing it's supposedly replaced by is either another type of cable, or Ghz-range radio which everyone knows is insanely bad if the bands are sufficiently crowded

Its like a car coming with no FM radio, because who listens to radio anyway these days? but the manufacturer sells an FM radio dongle for $150 that plugs into a port on the console

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just gonna use my apple brand lightning port ear buds

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ahmeni posted:

I'm just gonna use my apple brand lightning port ear buds

same

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i have a lumia 950 so i can certainly respect buying terrible things for sentimental reasons v:shobon:v

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lumia 950 owns and has both a headphone jack and a standards based data/charging port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ahmeni posted:

I'm just gonna use my Apple™ brand Lightning© port EarPods®

I love engaging with brands

• Locked thread