Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ana's my new fave. drat shes awesome now

lucio still needs 150 hp imo. hes just way too hard to kill, the rapid health regen effectively makes him a tank that's also a tiny target bouncing around everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

lucio still needs 150 hp imo. hes just way too hard to kill, the rapid health regen effectively makes him a tank that's also a tiny target bouncing around everywhere

A good Lucio player drives me loving insane no matter the character I'm playing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just played my first match as Ana and she's badass. It's like playing Mercy but you get to do something besides heal

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think they got the wrong idea about making her better at healing, frankly. The reason people don't heal a lot as her is at least half because of how good at combat she is and it's easier to use her sleep as a better mccree flashbang and the heal grenade for saving yourself instead of the team while you play like a selfish sniper rear end in a top hat building the ultimant. Making her weapon better is just gonna make that worse probably. The other characters it's hard to play wrong in a way that's as detrimental as playing Ana wrong.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuz it's not like Lucio or Zenyatta where your ability to fight doesn't interfere with your ability to support, or Mercy where you have no way to stay alive in a fight unless you're keeping your team alive. But Ana it's often too good to save a 5 second flashbang at any range or a grenade that gives you all your own HP back and makes you a tank for 2 seconds when you could be using it on your team instead, IMO.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

I didn't had the opportunity to play him since last week cause I'm on vacation but I'm super loving glad his wallwalk got fixed on corners and poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I think they got the wrong idea about making her better at healing, frankly. The reason people don't heal a lot as her is at least half because of how good at combat she is and it's easier to use her sleep as a better mccree flashbang and the heal grenade for saving yourself instead of the team while you play like a selfish sniper rear end in a top hat building the ultimant. Making her weapon better is just gonna make that worse probably. The other characters it's hard to play wrong in a way that's as detrimental as playing Ana wrong.

idk ana's healing just wasnt that great before. on tanks especially youd waste a lot of time fully healing them, and your damage was so low using your abilities to save yourself was a must.

also unlike the other medics that can just kind of show up and save the day, anas abilities as a medic depend on how easy teammates are to target. they need to be conscious of where you are and ofc they almost never are

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think support sniper is a bad idea in general

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Snipers should never be in these games in the first place, they are always beyond useless.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Phew, that was a close defense. We never would've made it without our snipers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Phew, that was a close defense. We never would've made it without our snipers.

lol even when theres a really good widow that can shut an area down, the team can just get a rein or a winston and shes useless. ana is a lot of fun though, and youre directly helping your team even if youre not that good at sniping

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Snipers should never be in these games in the first place, they are always beyond useless.

I remember getting owned a lot by hanzos when I first started playing but it got really easy to just deal with their poo poo. They probably have the most easy to avoid ult than pre-buff D.Va

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i think the idea behind ana is that lovely sniper pickers can be useful for the team. idk if it works

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This 100%.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it fascism yet posted:

i think the idea behind ana is that lovely sniper pickers can be useful for the team. idk if it works

I doubt it, personally.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yah, auto-aim, too.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing that playing Ana made me realize is how gay it is there's a jump button, even though there's never anything to jump on and half the poo poo you can get on forces you to slide off because Blizzard didn't want you there. Anyway it sucks because you can jump with no penalty, so everyone does it, so you miss heal darts a lot at range. And for some reason nobody ever picks Lucio or Mercy when you're Ana because they think you can somehow heal everyone yourself

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

One thing that playing Ana made me realize is how gay it is there's a jump button, even though there's never anything to jump on and half the poo poo you can get on forces you to slide off because Blizzard didn't want you there. Anyway it sucks because you can jump with no penalty, so everyone does it, so you miss heal darts a lot at range. And for some reason nobody ever picks Lucio or Mercy when you're Ana because they think you can somehow heal everyone yourself

classic larry salt. "why is there a jump button? anyway when i pick healer no one else picks healer, loving tards"

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Larry: Why do they call her Tracer when bitch doesn't even draw? Game is retarded.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I mean. I'm just upset that it's ridiculously easy to heal my Pharrah and Junkrat who are rocket boosting all over the place but meanwhile I can't heal the McCree because he's hammering the jump button and strafing even when nobody's around.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

You are a hosed up piece of poo poo Larry. Durrr I hate jumping. This liberating feeling of weightlessness, however fleeting, that reminds me of dreams I had as a boy of sprouting wings and flying like all the birds in the sky granting me absolute freedom actually is gay poo poo for c.ucks and there's not really anything to jump on so I don't even see the point.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Larry has never experienced bunnyhopping his way to school.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Larry: Why do they call her Tracer when bitch doesn't even draw? Game is retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you can't aim at jumping people just keep playing Ana until you get ranked in the 30s or whatever where no one even knows there's a jump button and they're all playing on Xbox controllers. Then it'll be smooth sailing my man. lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Typical Sniper Picker: You can't expect me to hit a moving target.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

rediscover posted:

You are a hosed up piece of poo poo Larry. Durrr I hate jumping. This liberating feeling of weightlessness, however fleeting, that reminds me of dreams I had as a boy of sprouting wings and flying like all the birds in the sky granting me absolute freedom actually is gay poo poo for c.ucks and there's not really anything to jump on so I don't even see the point.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The epic 5 ana in a match team. We won though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw it disconnects on the last inch of a payload map wipe

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

omg i havent played as zenny since the patch...he is very powerful. gently caress a bitch named ana

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I have incredibly bad aim with Zen.. something about the projectile travel time and the flashy animations and rate of fire..Really embarassing. But hes so good now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

his charge shot i think accels ragdolls as fast as they can go, letting it off point blank on a tracer *italian kissing fingers*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Zenyatta was a beast even before the patch. Discord orb everyone, get headshots, and enjoy your killstreak. :cheers:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really hate seeing someone pick junkrat and get no kills like..its not hard dude just lob grenades at the general direction of the enemy dont leap into the enemy turret nest and melt over and over lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jr is also a nightmare to fight in any narrow space cause his nades will always hit and his traps take up the whole hallway. but people play him like an assault class and rush out into the open, at level 70+ lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

someone squad up w me right now so that my time is worth 20% more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

someone squad up w me right now so that my time is worth 20% more

are you on ps4? I forget

• Locked thread