Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mill Village posted:

the meltdowns' meltdowns

meltception

*equips King's Horn*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/QQ6BMO5.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully that's the "i forgot my subclass" kind of stupid and not "supers make me invincible!!" kind of stupid.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I forgot my subclass and played that round as a PVE Fire Titan

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007
Why are people still questioning whether or not to buy the game? It's $35 at this point for the game and all the DLCs and, realistically speaking, that's a pretty good bit of single player content. More than worth it

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

Why are people still questioning whether or not to buy the game? It's $35 at this point for the game and all the DLCs and, realistically speaking, that's a pretty good bit of single player content. More than worth it

Well if they read this thread they might be doubting it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Goons would buy zero games if they listened to goons sperg out in any Games thread

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the elaine kick plus that god drat airplane helmet makes me laugh every loving time

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

moist turtleneck posted:

Goons would buy zero games if they listened to goons sperg out in any Games thread

Its how I stay on the straight and narrow no gaemz 4 me

What am I saying I say I won't then make bad impulsive decisions

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I played L4D2 with some bros last night, and goddamn is that game bad at gun feel. You can spray an entire clip into a crowd of zombies and never feel like you hit anything. Bad audio cues, bad flinches, bad everything. In spite of that it's still fairly fun but goddamn does it make me appreciate how juicy and thick Bungie's FPS games feel.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

xzzy posted:

I played L4D2 with some bros last night, and goddamn is that game bad at gun feel. You can spray an entire clip into a crowd of zombies and never feel like you hit anything. Bad audio cues, bad flinches, bad everything. In spite of that it's still fairly fun but goddamn does it make me appreciate how juicy and thick Bungie's FPS games feel.

Do love the way they feel. This along with the loot aspects in Destiny really get my juices going. Love the aesthetics etc too. For the flaws there are some real big positives.

The raiding manages to scratch my WoW itch and not even take as much time as WoW needed to do that and the crucible etc suits me for my Halo love etc. I will say generally I've ended up playing multiplayer FPS' on consoles more and more over the last ten years as after the UTs and Quakes dried up there wasn't too much else amazing everyone still plays CS which is still good but a bit dull. I thought Overwatch might be the thing to get me back but its really not getting my engine started. It feels very unsatisfying compared to Destiny.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Overwatch has the same problem, you can shoot a million bullets and never feel like you did anything with all that noise.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
how to weirdly shut down 3 supers in 10 seconds?

http://i.imgur.com/jKUrtf1.gifv

:v:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

how to weirdly shut down 3 supers in 10 seconds?

http://i.imgur.com/jKUrtf1.gifv

:v:

Holy poo poo! Clutch. Also horribly golden gun aim.

Did you guys ever notice that spinmetal makes a noise when you're near it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

There is a hilarious amount of audio detail in the game. Play with headphones sometimes, you'll hear new poo poo all over the place.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All the resources make a sound, and treasure chests make a different one.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's even a sound effect when you ads with scopes. You can hear the ammo belt move when you ads with a machine gun.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

There is a hilarious amount of audio detail in the game. Play with headphones sometimes, you'll hear new poo poo all over the place.

Yeah, I played with the garbage standard microsoft headset and tv sound for year 1. bought over the ear headsets and holy. poo poo. did my play experience change.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You don't even need 5.1 headphones that have gotten popular. Positional audio with just stereo is bonkers these days.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Mill Village posted:

There's even a sound effect when you ads with scopes. You can hear the ammo belt move when you ads with a machine gun.

weird mine just plays the cranberries louder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDWkr-g4so

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

still the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A9zAHhN68k

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I tried submitting that video to bungie for vid of the week and they deleted it hella fast

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

"So you're saying I can dodge rockets?"

"When you're ready, you won't have to"

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Holy poo poo! Clutch. Also horribly golden gun aim.

Makes it a lot easier to spot resources if you don't have a relevant ghost shell handy.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CheeseFactory posted:

Someone buy me a new av please

Nice av

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Mill Village posted:

The Oryx raid sniper has a heart beat when you ADS with the scope. ...at least the harrowed one does.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

xzzy posted:

Your mother feels similarity appreciative of how thick and juicy my first person shots are

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hotfix to resolve beaver errors going out right now :canada:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

And somehow this fix will break grenades.
As in, no one will be able to throw them anymore.
Because Bungie.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Secret Rollback Patch

New username tia

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didnt get any beaver errors last night just lots of redbars.

I suppose trials tears would've been an issue. "Bungie waaa i was on 8 wins up 4-0 and a beaver got me waaaaaa".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The xim has blue lights hahahahah

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

BlindSite posted:

I didnt get any beaver last night

Lemme guess, PS4 right?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Throw back Thursday

Bring up poo poo that no longer happens in destiny

https://i.imgur.com/VBYHp1w.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

The xim has blue lights hahahahah

What's the difference?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What's the difference?

Nothing. Just that it was my suggestion to change the red to blue and whoever bought it did it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I use the blue light on my smart translator for Destiny. Nice.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pros use pink.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Absolutely nothing in TWAB don't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I should have listened.

We broke destiny
We fixed destiny unless youre an old gsn poor
Stay tuned
Heres some lovely poe scores and lame vids.

• Locked thread