Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if pollsters are going to switch to Likely Voter polls early this cycle since the conventions were early?

Looking back at 2012, some of the networks made the switch around convention time in August.

RCP is still mostly registered voter polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Montasque posted:

So far the DNC has been so much better than the RNC Trump's only hope is for Hilldawg to blow it...

I bet he's sacrificing some Polish labourers to Moloch right now.

Pretty sure if Trump made a deal with the devil for his soul the check would bounce.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

MadJackal posted:

How loving stupid do you have to be to blindly follow this "BELIEVE ME" super secret plans nonsense.

This is actually worse than his typical response of "Thing? Thing! We'll have the best thing. Believe me."

Tim Kaine did his job well. I can't hear this in Donald Trump's voice anymore, just Kaine's dork dad supreme impression of it.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Mainwaring posted:

I believe he may also have a secret plan to fight inflation.

There are rumors that he will "whip" it "now."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Looks like Rasmussen managed to tweak the dials enough to give Hillary +1 in their most recent poll

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

nachos posted:

Looks like Rasmussen managed to tweak the dials enough to give Hillary +1 in their most recent poll

What margin did Trump win Hispanics by this time?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nachos posted:

Uh oh

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/756112110409682944

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

nachos posted:

They are just contrarians at this point. Everyone has Trump ahead? We will put him behind. Hillary up by 10? Not to us - Trump is actually leading by 5.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/758650420981923841

Such selflessness

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"Clinton still has an overwhelming lead among blacks. Trump leads among whites and other minority voters."

- Rasmussen

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Even Boosted ignores Rasmussen, and he toots his horn about leaked internal polling

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Americans with Disabilities Act, great act by the way, one of the best, but it's killing us with jobs! I'll end it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

"Clinton still has an overwhelming lead among blacks. Trump leads among whites and other minority voters."

- Rasmussen

Six point swing while still missampling minorities, goddamn

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/758645118823837696

lol

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Sam Wang throwin shade

https://twitter.com/SamWangPhD/status/758655809807126528

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Slate Action posted:

- Rasmussen

not racial minorities, mind you. just, other minorities

- "currently firing gun into air during time of polling" americans
- "halfway through a rage aneurysm thinking about the mexican family down the street" americans
- "actively wooting for newt" americans

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Piquai Souban posted:

Probably that statement his campaign put out last night that made it seem like they didn't see the same speech.

Mainly cause they didn't see any speech. The statement was put out before the speeches were even partway through.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
So Trump is having an event a block away from my office today. I'd attend but unlike his supporters I actually have a job.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Zelder posted:

this is me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AP/status/758656026178650112

Oh they think movies are real, this explains so much.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

As if I didn't already have enough reason to hate that guy
:patssay:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Newt would've been so much better of a choice for VP

Pence is just awful

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/758656026178650112

Oh they think movies are real, this explains so much.

Scalia thought the TV show "24" was a documentary.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Zelder posted:

not racial minorities, mind you. just, other minorities

- "currently firing gun into air during time of polling" americans
- "halfway through a rage aneurysm thinking about the mexican family down the street" americans

I woot strongly and manfully for newt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
War with Russia? Maybe! You gotta keep it a little bit secret.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Pook Good Mook posted:

So Trump is having an event a block away from my office today. I'd attend but unlike his supporters I actually have a job.

Sorry you're in one of the politically protected classes that still has a job, and not in the righteous group of Americans cast aside by Obama, but still yearning for the Real Work that Donald J. Trump will bring back to this nation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*screws up face fourth estatishly* UGH say what you WANT about Trump but at least he's ACCESSABLE to the press

https://twitter.com/TomBeaumont/status/758656893636190208

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The loving Puppetmaster defense like he's a shitposter from 2008? Really, that's how they want to frame Trump sucking Putin's little Vlad?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Wait noooooo

Augh we're so stupid

We're playing right into Benedict Donald's tiny hands. :negative:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

LogisticEarth posted:

Sorry you're in one of the politically protected classes that still has a job, and not in the righteous group of Americans cast aside by Obama, but still yearning for the Real Work that Donald J. Trump will bring back to this nation.

On the Night of a Thousand Hats I will be among the first to face the firing line

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guesss Whobert!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Piquai Souban posted:

Probably that statement his campaign put out last night that made it seem like they didn't see the same speech.

It was a good response for his campaign, especially because a lot of his target audience didn't watch the speech. There are a lot of people who are suffering, a lot of white lower class folk are looking for someone who claims to be out for them and Trump's adapting the populist message is a smart move.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prefect posted:

Remember how they were talking about Trump working to echo Nixon's speeches in 1968 for the RNC? Nixon also had "a secret plan" to end the war in Vietnam. True story.

Yeah it was "stop tanking peace talks after I get elected"

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boosted_C5 posted:

My parents are disappointed in me

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

It was a good response for his campaign, especially because a lot of his target audience didn't watch the speech. There are a lot of people who are suffering, a lot of white lower class folk are looking for someone who claims to be out for them and Trump's adapting the populist message is a smart move.

I was thinking that it would be smart for a DNC speaker to actively say that they were talking to poor whites left behind by the decline in American blue-collar jobs but I realized the optics of them saying "This is for all you poor whites" is loving awful so the best they can do is talk in general terms about people left behind by the system and hope the message gets through.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

zoux posted:

Guesss Whobert!

boo hoo my white male patriarchy

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

zoux posted:

Guesss Whobert!

How sad must your life be if you're THIS concerned about your manhood?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmm well it seems all these things were made by men. How about that.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't take a screenshot but CNN's homepage right now is Obama pointing at a smug Donald with "HOMEGROWN DEMAGOGUE" in big letters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nachos posted:

I can't take a screenshot but CNN's homepage right now is Obama pointing at a smug Donald with "HOMEGROWN DEMAGOGUE" in big letters

• Locked thread