Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tender Bender posted:

I'm not, I'm from the US and I get that there are a ton of bad racists here. There are also a lot of people with bad racial views who can be courted. Not every disaffected white person in a rust belt state is a hopeless racist. And while a Hillary victory can be achieved without them, the local downticket races matter and leaving a huge swathe of people to be swooped up by a charlatan's half-assed ramblings is a mistake, especially when with some more careful messaging you could make some overtures toward them without compromising any of your policy.

these people make their racism their primary voting motivation. you can't win them without being openly racist yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Pook Good Mook posted:

If white males turn out the way that Trump needs them to Hillary will still get about 250 electoral votes. If Trump wins it will be the last time a President will be able to win by relying on the White vote.

You're ignoring the impact of the Twenty-eighth Amendment, which limits voting rights to property-owning white males as the Founding Fathers intended.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What is going on here??

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

egon_beeblebrox posted:

What is going on here??

Wrestlemania.

Seriously.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

What is going on here??

i think its from one of trump's appearances in the wwe

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
To help clarify, not all white people are racists, but all white people should die, anyway.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think its from one of trump's appearances in the wwe

He had just enjoyed shaving a man's head. Who doesn't enjoy a post-heading shaving beer?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raeg posted:

He had just enjoyed shaving a man's head. Who doesn't enjoy a post-heading shaving beer?

oh i thought it was foam from one of stone cold's shaken the gently caress up beers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

breaking: donald trump banned for homegrown

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Because she wants to pile more weight on the most discriminated against group in the country: straight white Christian males.

Someone get Obdicut in the thread so he can tell us that this never happens

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Whoever wins, white males lose

don't stop i'm almost there

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a high-heel stomping on a light pink ballsack, forever.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Not a Step posted:

Someone get Obdicut in the thread so he can tell us that this never happens

i think you may have gotten confused my friend, this is the good thread with the jokes, not the one where we invite people to continue dumb endless debates that suck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

breaking: donald trump banned for homegrown

Nice of Fox to use the exact verbiage of the Trump campaign there in the headline.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Yeah and I don't really want to court white disaffected "populists", I don't want them in the party

there is taking the wind out of their sails by addressing some of their economic issues and then there is finding out that racism polls well and therefore putting racism on the platform

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder what the RNC would have looked like if DNC went first.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that scott adams column is a treasure btw.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Pook Good Mook posted:

If white males turn out the way that Trump needs them to Hillary will still get about 250 electoral votes. If Trump wins it will be the last time a President will be able to win by relying on the White vote.

I don't care as long as Trump gets to appoint 2-3 SCOTUS justices from the list Jeff Sessions prepared for him so our Bill of Rights is saved from destruction.

Democrats are so loving stupid. They would probably split the white vote and rule with an iron-fist if they weren't hell bent on spiting Gun owners, spiting Christians, etc.

Democrats can roll their eyes all they want and beat on the "boo-hoo poor oppressed white christian males" strawman, but the reality that being a straight white christian male is still the best straw to draw in this country doesn't mean that they will graciously ignore all attacks and insults against them or should be expected to. They're not going to say "hey I've got it good, so I'll just roll over and let the Democrats ban the most popular firearms in America to spite us and lie to the public and engage in moral blackmail against us." They're not going to say "hey I've got it good, and homosexuals were barred from marriage for so long before being granted it, so I'll just roll over and let the government force a Christian photographer into involuntary servitude and force him/her to attend a private religious ceremony that violates his sincerely held religious beliefs."

There's a difference between just helping individuals/groups that have been oppressed/lacked equal opportunity/etc. and just proposing ACTUAL "common-sense" solutions to problems that exist, and being spiteful pricks who practice a scorched-earth politics of also seeking to punish those who dared commit the crime of being born in the majority demographic and who dare to commit the crime of exercising their human rights and refusing to cede them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
obama didnt mention white men enough and now america has low t

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

these people make their racism their primary voting motivation. you can't win them without being openly racist yourself

zoux posted:

We know what overtures to this group looks like, and it's antithetical to the party as a whole.

If you can think of some good ways to court blue collar uneducated voters that over come appeals to racism and xenophobia, you can make a lot of money as a DNC strategist.

Yeah, I would like to think otherwise but I may be naive/optimistic in doing so. I do think, as Phobophilia said, you can at least lessen the chance they'll go out to vote against you, even if you don't get them on your side.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Raeg posted:

mitt romney

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
He he I was just kidding about wanting Russia to hack my political opponent

The joke is on you my friend

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

I don't care as long as Trump gets to appoint 2-3 SCOTUS justices from the list Jeff Sessions prepared for him so our Bill of Rights is saved from destruction.

Democrats are so loving stupid. They would probably split the white vote and rule with an iron-fist if they weren't hell bent on spiting Gun owners, spiting Christians, etc.

Democrats can roll their eyes all they want and beat on the "boo-hoo poor oppressed white christian males" strawman, but the reality that being a straight white christian male is still the best straw to draw in this country doesn't mean that they will graciously ignore all attacks and insults against them or should be expected to. They're not going to say "hey I've got it good, so I'll just roll over and let the Democrats ban the most popular firearms in America to spite us and lie to the public and engage in moral blackmail against us." They're not going to say "hey I've got it good, and homosexuals were barred from marriage for so long before being granted it, so I'll just roll over and let the government force a Christian photographer into involuntary servitude and force him/her to attend a private religious ceremony that violates his sincerely held religious beliefs."

There's a difference between just helping individuals/groups that have been oppressed/lacked equal opportunity/etc. and just proposing ACTUAL "common-sense" solutions to problems that exist, and being spiteful pricks who practice a scorched-earth politics of also seeking to punish those who dared commit the crime of being born in the majority demographic and who dare to commit the crime of exercising their human rights and refusing to cede them.

My fellow posters, we cannot allow this man to retreat back into his hole to never be seen again next week.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

there is taking the wind out of their sails by addressing some of their economic issues and then there is finding out that racism polls well and therefore putting racism on the platform

zoux doesnt negotiate with terrorists

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, I would like to think otherwise but I may be naive/optimistic in doing so. I do think, as Phobophilia said, you can at least lessen the chance they'll go out to vote against you, even if you don't get them on your side.

I think that wholly rejecting them and their world view and demonstrating to the rest of the country that you don't need white racists to win the Presidency may go a long way to discouraging those types and forcing them out of politics.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/758680707979943937

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If you wanna futz around yourself and see how much of the white vote Trump needs to swing the election, 538 has a thing using the 2012 polls and the demographic changes since then as the baseline.

All else being equal, if you increase non-educated white turnout (which is not split by gender in this model, sadly, because that's gonna be really important) by 10 points and alignment from 62% R to 66% R, Trump crawls to 270+, but of course even a slight increase in turnout for blacks or latinos, or a decrease in R support among college educated whites, will push it back.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/758679947565080577

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

You know, I don't think it's inconceivable that people are getting Trump fatigue. I sure as hell am but I didn't figure Jane Q. Public would since I thought only sad nerds like me pay attention through the whole cycle.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

He's not wrong. Half the country likes Obama on a personal level. Half the country doesn't actually approve of the direction the country has been heading under his "leadership."

The Democrats made a mistake getting enamored with his personal approval numbers. Tying Hillary to him is a gift to the GOP.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Boosted_C5 posted:

He's not wrong. Half the country likes Obama on a personal level. Half the country doesn't actually approve of the direction the country has been heading under his "leadership."

The Democrats made a mistake getting enamored with his personal approval numbers. Tying Hillary to him is a gift to the GOP.

But he's also not right. Sure, half the country doesn't approve, but the other half does. This works both ways.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

51% approval rating dumbass.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
boosteds wife had a v-neck sweater surgically grafted to his torso

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

51% approval rating dumbass.

Oh, you're right. 51% is not exactly "half"

Thank you very much.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

:sad:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Boosted_C5 posted:

lol

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The GOP found it very difficult to run away from an unpopular president in 2008 so I don't see what kind of voodoo Clinton could do to somehow run away from a moderately popular incumbent whose administration she served in and who's going to be a really good surrogate for her.

Like even if Obama was polling in the low 40s, it would be impossible for her to extricate herself from the Obama legacy. She's lucky that the second term turned out as well as it did: Romney in 2012 promised to have unemployment at under 6% at the end of his first term and let's see... 5.4%? Huh! Maybe that's why they can't really get any traction on an economy sucks message and ended up with Lock Her Up and Law and Order.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

When you fall behind in the ratings, there is only one rational course of action.

Kill off a cast member and bring in someone new.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

i made it this far into the post and my eyes starting bleeding, what's the rest say

Electoral revanchism. The hidden white majority, rousing the white vote that's been sitting on their hands the past few cycles.

It's crap.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pook Good Mook posted:

Umm yeah that is what Trump has been saying this whole time. His entire campaign has been to tell white people this is their last chance to change the rules before they lose the ability to do so. The last 4 or 5 white male presidents and their opponents didn't even acknowledge this reality let alone offer to fix it.

This is what a white supremacy campaign looks like when the person running understands calling it that is taboo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Boosted_C5 posted:

A large number of people will always say the country is heading in the wrong direction. However, that doesn't mean they agree about what else they want or how to get there at all. Taking that the majority of people don't agree with the future doesn't mean they are all for Trump's vision - many might even mean his vision as the "wrong path". Old people for example will always disagree in large part with what the young whippersnappers do, regardless who does it.

• Locked thread