Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Because it'll be expensive and time consuming to raise them so you're stilll better off using th 6 IV ditto to get a 4-5 IV pokemon then raising that last stat.

The real question is will you be able to lower IVs in Ultra Jump Super Special Training Remix. Because I've got a 5 IV ferroseed with a 1-3 in speed and that's just the worst.

Or a high 20s attack on a Special Attacker to minimize Foul Play or confusion risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I can't believe they're still keeping Fusion a secret!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm going to make Alpha Sapphire a Nuzlocke run because I've never done one and I don't need any of the Pokemon from the game. I hope it doesn't suck.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
fusion is a cheap tactic to make weak pokemon stronger!!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm going to make Alpha Sapphire a Nuzlocke run because I've never done one and I don't need any of the Pokemon from the game. I hope it doesn't suck.

Nuzlockes almost definitely suck!

Also, the real question is are you going to cheat the ever-loving poo poo out of the DexNav?

I tried doing a nuzlocke and letting myself get the DexNav, but after just randomly battling a bunch of Taillows before the forest, I stumbled upon a DexNav Taillow.

With Brave Bird. That was the point when I decided maybe I should restrict it, even if only fringe cases are useful.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they should make it so I can change nature too

it sucks when I eventually have to throw my starter to the box if I want to have *PERFECT* pokemon

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tired Moritz posted:

it sucks when I eventually have to throw my starter to the box if I want to have *PERFECT* pokemon

I think keeping nature and moveset stuff to breeding and letting people alter IVs for lv100 pokemon seems like a good way to do it without completely trivializing pokemon breeding/catching

Besides it would be weird in-universe if you could just give pokemon some pills and change their personality or whatever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

hail satan

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

To be honest, I find the idea of the ability capsule to be quite strange in itself. If abilities are passed down to offspring in the same way as genetics (Which implies that Pokémon with 2 or more possible abilities are kind of like "subspecies"), how can a pill change its genetic code like that?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Gene Therapy.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You should consider doing a Wonderlocke.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zuzie posted:

To be honest, I find the idea of the ability capsule to be quite strange in itself. If abilities are passed down to offspring in the same way as genetics (Which implies that Pokémon with 2 or more possible abilities are kind of like "subspecies"), how can a pill change its genetic code like that?

I just want an Ability capsule that can give a Pokemon a hidden ability; because I accidentally bred a shiny Adamant Talonflame with near perfect IV's and freakin' "Flame body" and would much rather it have Gale wings so I could use it for something other than hatching eggs.

I don't care how it works, and I only need one.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cerony posted:

You should consider doing a Wonderlocke.

I did not know this was a thing and will be doing it instead.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

On a whim bought one of those packs of 72 lovely little Pokemon toys from Amazon.

I won!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If the new training will remove the frustration of making this 6IV male Sheer Force mixed set Nidoking I'll be happy.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

If the new training will remove the frustration of making this 6IV male Sheer Force mixed set Nidoking I'll be happy.

It'll do what super training did for EVs, replace it with a different kind of frustration.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tired Moritz posted:

They should really give starters the same 3 perfect IV privalage they do for Legendaries. It makes sense: why would the professors assign kids Pokemon with crappy genes when professional breeders are pumping out the starters? You don't want kids to be starting the journeys with weaklings, do you?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

A Magical Lamp posted:

It'll do what super training did for EVs, replace it with a different kind of frustration.

macho brace + pokerus + horde battles are the way to go

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

A Magical Lamp posted:

Super training is fun, though???

It only sucks when you're trying to farm evo stones.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

oddium posted:

The Power items only make the process even faster. However, I like the fact that you can actually track EV growth and not have to preform all kinds of mental gymnastics of calculating EVs like in previous games.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

oddium posted:

True. Super training is good for when you'd rather do just about anything other than kill 5 more shuppets though.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Super training is better for when you have some odd EV spreads that you just need a couple extra EV's for. Or for when training SpD since the Swablu hordes are kind of a pain to get to.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
But there's all those zigzagoons and wingulls by petelberg forest

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
praying for grass buffs in gen vII

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Tired Moritz posted:

It will be super effective against Fairy but they're adding a weakness to Dark.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ice and Normal are first in line for buffs

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

But there's all those zigzagoons and wingulls by petelberg forest

Those are for Speed, I was talking about Special Defense.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Praying for you to get a brain!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

chaining shaking grass for shinies and egg moves was nice, where can they go from there

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

chaining shaking grass for shinies and egg moves was nice, where can they go from there

the entire map is grass now...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm currently playing SSB4 on the Wii U and I'm stilled stunned every single time by how ridiculous and ill-fitting Gogoat and Arceus's voices are when they come out of their Pokéballs. I really don't know what they were thinking with those.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ruggington posted:

the entire map is grass now...

a terrible decision imo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

your map is grass and i'm gonna mow it :twisted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

mabels big day posted:

Praying for you to get a brain!!!

only good grass pokemon I can think of is breloom and venusaur!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Tired Moritz posted:

only good grass pokemon I can think of is breloom and venusaur!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whos that!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's the bad version of shaymin. sorry that was rude. but i don't like it

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

This duder.

FairyNuff