Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
ARGH! Random players, please don't insta lock D.Va in comp matches and then stay in the back spraying spitballs everywhere, you're not helping! I was running Mercy, I saw that Dva got Nana boosted, so I slap on my damage boost and we go out and kick so... oh, I guess that's cool too, just go ahead and cower in an alcove because there's a Lucio skating around on the point.

She's really good now, stop wasting her! I know I shouldn't expect much out of 40-ish range solo comp, but that just made me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't 47C pretty hot?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Isn't 47C pretty hot?
For a CPU? No. That's a pretty safe temp to run long-term. 60 is getting hot and I need to change my thermal paste because I'm getting up to 85 sometimes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's 116 degrees fahrenheit I think

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tried playing Ana tonight, she is kind of cool but I definitely need to get some practice in to flesh her out before I start seriously picking her as a support over Mercy. Doesn't help that I am incredibly bad at landing sleep darts for some reason.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

icantfindaname posted:

I don't want people not to pick her, I want her not to suck so picking her doesn't screw over your team

She doesn't actually suck if the people picking her are good. Once again, I'm pretty sure this is a problem that exists between the keyboard and chair and won't be fixed with balance tweaks. Ana isn't bad but boy howdy do you remember not four or five days ago how fuckin salty everybody was over STOP PICKING ANA GODDAMNIT gently caress THESE PEOPLE, so nah, I don't think someone with a scoped hitscan weapon that does 300 damage on a headshot plus a grappling hook plus an assault rifle plus a mine needs to be buffed so much as you need to accept that some of the people you play with aren't going to be very good. Sometimes you will be the person that isn't very good. Such is life.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have been mulling over the "21:9 is unfair" statement from Blizzard and as much as I would love to see proper 21:9 support myself, I gotta agree that it actually would tip the scales for some heroes more than others.

People would not be happy about a sentry mode Bastion with a much higher FOV that can't be flanked as easily. Also, McCrees ultimate would become a lot more powerful with the added FOV (this could be avoided by vignetting his POV during the ult).

Other heroes, not so much. Sure, they would benefit as well, but those two, Bastion more than McCree, would actually become overpowered.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

mcbexx posted:

I have been mulling over the "21:9 is unfair" statement from Blizzard and as much as I would love to see proper 21:9 support myself, I gotta agree that it actually would tip the scales for some heroes more than others.

People would not be happy about a sentry mode Bastion with a much higher FOV that can't be flanked as easily. Also, McCrees ultimate would become a lot more powerful with the added FOV (this could be avoided by vignetting his POV during the ult).

Other heroes, not so much. Sure, they would benefit as well, but those two, Bastion more than McCree, would actually become overpowered.

I feel like it would help a LOT during Genji ult.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh gently caress you game, had a guaranteed win on defense when the server kicked two of us out :argh: I got back in but it was too late and we couldn't win on offense at the same place we stalled them out so timebank was never even a factor. man that sucked

got disconnected from the game server right after that game ended as well

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Papercut posted:

I feel like it would help a LOT during Genji ult.
I'm a horrible Genji because I get insanely disoriented with his ult and unable to track and end up slashing walls and poo poo :(

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

mcbexx posted:

I think I saw a vid showing mcree's ult already has a fixed lock on field regardless of your fov setting. Not sure how they'd adjust for things like the bastion turret mode

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

How to play Overwatch, by QP people:

- Never play tanks. Tanks are bad and dumb. No one likes tanks.
- Never play supports. Supports are bad and dumb. No one likes supports.
- ALWAYS play a sniper.
- If you can't play a sniper for some reason, play Reaper.
- If you can't play Reaper for some reason, play Bastion.
- If you can't play Bastion for some reason, play Torbjorn (but ONLY on offense).
- Above all, run towards the entire enemy team solo and make sure to make it impossible for your supports to heal you at all so that you can bitch at them righteously for the rest of the match for having the gall to let you die.
- When all else fails, hit your ult and then complain about balance when it fails to net you a kill.
- Complain that you didn't get a card at the end of the game despite having "SO MANY KILLS BRO" (ignore that you have 2 and died like 87 times).
- If, after disregarding the previous rules, you end up playing support like a scrub, you must play as Ana, you must only play as a terrible sniper, and you must ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS blow her ult on the dumbest possible target at the worst possible time.

Follow these simple steps and you, too, can be an Overwatch pubbie pro! :v:

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Gonkish posted:

How to play Overwatch, by QP people:

- Never play tanks. Tanks are bad and dumb. No one likes tanks.
- Never play supports. Supports are bad and dumb. No one likes supports.
- ALWAYS play a sniper.
- If you can't play a sniper for some reason, play Reaper.
- If you can't play Reaper for some reason, play Bastion.
- If you can't play Bastion for some reason, play Torbjorn (but ONLY on offense).
- Above all, run towards the entire enemy team solo and make sure to make it impossible for your supports to heal you at all so that you can bitch at them righteously for the rest of the match for having the gall to let you die.
- When all else fails, hit your ult and then complain about balance when it fails to net you a kill.
- Complain that you didn't get a card at the end of the game despite having "SO MANY KILLS BRO" (ignore that you have 2 and died like 87 times).
- If, after disregarding the previous rules, you end up playing support like a scrub, you must play as Ana, you must only play as a terrible sniper, and you must ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS blow her ult on the dumbest possible target at the worst possible time.

Expecting the general public (who are complete strangers) to coordinate in qp might be unrealistic. Even in competitive it seems like asking a lot.

People's gonna play the class they like, not the class they don't like.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

You people having problems with the game randomly disconnecting or kicking you out, could it be this?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

God, Surefour is uniquely unpleasant to watch stream. Just a real edgy, shouty, salty fuckin' dude at all times.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gonkish posted:

If someone dares to suggest you switch to a more useful class for the current situation, argue with them that you have a GOLD medal for DAMAGE.

Real life example:
The offensive Symmetra on El Dorado, whose Teleporter chopped 3 whole seconds of brisk jogging from our respawn trip to the action, since the enemy team managed to push the cart back to the first arched underpass after we got it within spitting distance of the first checkpoint.

But keep spamming your Orb of death minor inconvenience down the road, damage queen. Meanwhile we'll die trying to actually kill someone on the payload. Oh wait, It's pointless, since their Mercy always has full ult for healing away your trickle damage.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Isn't 47C pretty hot?

Nah not for GPU. Mine regularly runs at 70-74 during a game

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

God, Surefour is uniquely unpleasant to watch stream. Just a real edgy, shouty, salty fuckin' dude at all times.

I agree with this. Seagull, Moonmoon and Talespin (by comparison) all seem affable enough.

It's hard to imagine pro gamer being a very fun job though, I think it'd be frustrating most of the time.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I sub to moonmoon only because he's funny and chill. I would seagull but eh I like moonmoon better

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I sub to moonmoon only because he's funny and chill. I would seagull but eh I like moonmoon better

Why not both?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like Moonmoon but sometimes he can be way too ADD and irritating to watch. He's a not chill Forsen or imaqtpie

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why not both?

isn't the sub thing on twitch where you pay a little money to the streamer

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Chewbot posted:

I agree with this. Seagull, Moonmoon and Talespin (by comparison) all seem affable enough.

It's hard to imagine pro gamer being a very fun job though, I think it'd be frustrating most of the time.

I dunno man, recently Seagull is almost on perma salt-tilt. Usually caused by switching to mccree and missing most of his shots.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Mystic Stylez posted:

You people having problems with the game randomly disconnecting or kicking you out, could it be this?

Been getting some weird rubber banding tonight at my usual ping, as well as some small ping spikes

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Not sure if I should keep going or wait until after maintenance. I've been getting into matches (because of low population I think) with ranked players in the placement matches. Lots of communication going on.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Played 15 games as Reaper last night just feeling him out, didn't go so well. Overbuff says I'm top 5% in crits and bottom 10% in kills. That probably means I'm aiming too high, doesn't it?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

maev posted:

I dunno man, recently Seagull is almost on perma salt-tilt. Usually caused by switching to mccree and missing most of his shots.

I get the impression he's just super stressed out with what presumably is this decision to leave Luminosity. He hasn't confirmed anything but what else could the announcement he's been teasing be? Seems like he's under a lot of pressure and it's making streaming less fun.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Maybe I've been unlucky in the past few times I've had Seagulls stream on in the background but he has played genji 100% of the time and I much preferred it when he played other characters too.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Totally TWISTED posted:

Maybe I've been unlucky in the past few times I've had Seagulls stream on in the background but he has played genji 100% of the time and I much preferred it when he played other characters too.

He seems to default to Genji when he's frustrated and he's really had a tough time in comp on stream lately.

It's got to be weird for the guy to blow up like that. He considers himself a pro player first and a streamer second, but he probably makes more money in a day streaming than he's made his entire career playing pro. It's got to be tough to suddenly find yourself financially dependent on the aspect of your job you consider a lark.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Did they change rein ultimate? I have been hitting people that are on a different z axis than me.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

flashman posted:

Did they change rein ultimate? I have been hitting people that are on a different z axis than me.

Nah it's always done that. The visual effect goes along the floor but the actual hitbox is high enough to catch people who aren't actually on the ground.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I seem to remember being protected by the payload but it was maybe a shield effect or something. Thanks.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Nah it's always done that. The visual effect goes along the floor but the actual hitbox is high enough to catch people who aren't actually on the ground.

Apart from the weird times that it doesn't and you die to the one person left unstunned :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Totally TWISTED posted:

Apart from the weird times that it doesn't and you die to the one person left unstunned :(

they were on a tiny curb

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah, I have a hard time figuring what the hitbox is. Will it get you if he hits the ground while youre on the payload?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Canemacar posted:

Yeah, I have a hard time figuring what the hitbox is. Will it get you if he hits the ground while youre on the payload?

yes

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Canemacar posted:

sometimes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Chewbot posted:

Honestly Moonmoon has ruined 90% of streamers for me, everyone else (even Seagull and Annemunition lately) seem to be salty as gently caress in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Honestly Moonmoon has ruined 90% of streamers for me, everyone else (even Seagull and Annemunition lately) seem to be salty as gently caress in comparison

I am the 10%.