Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

We're not mock drafting. This is a slow draft for MFL10 fantasy.

Oh. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

We're not mock drafting. This is a slow draft for MFL10 fantasy.

That's the problem. Originally it was designed to be a mock draft, then it became a best ball thing. For me I'd like to get more practice doing actual mock drafts at this point. If someone else wants to run it more power to them.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I drew the 1.01 pick in a standard league. Is taking Gurley over Antonio Brown:

A. a matter of personal preference
B. Bad
C. crazy

or somewhere between A&B or B&C?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

coronaball posted:

I drew the 1.01 pick in a standard league. Is taking Gurley over Antonio Brown:

A. a matter of personal preference
B. Bad
C. crazy

or somewhere between A&B or B&C?

Well, Brown will have more yards and probably similar number of touchdowns, be more consistent week to week, and be less of an injury or game script risk, so I'd say B is a good answer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm hammering B and C as hard as I can

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As the guy drafting second in your draft I encourage option A if that means Gurley for you...

(B)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I forgot we get 1 pt/30 return yards, that kind of seals the deal assuming AB is still on punt returns.

I'm just from the old school, not taking the RB1 at 1.01 in standard feels weird. But it looks like this is the year that it becomes commonplace.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

coronaball posted:

I forgot we get 1 pt/30 return yards, that kind of seals the deal assuming AB is still on punt returns.

I'm just from the old school, not taking the RB1 at 1.01 in standard feels weird. But it looks like this is the year that it becomes commonplace.

A rb at 1.01 would be perfectly fine if there was a top talent without a huge amount of risk involved.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's the problem. Originally it was designed to be a mock draft, then it became a best ball thing. For me I'd like to get more practice doing actual mock drafts at this point. If someone else wants to run it more power to them.

I might run one then. Lemme see how the next day or two shakes out.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm in a 12 team PPR keeper league. I was just offered a trade:

Eddie Lacy (fourth round keeper), a 2nd round pick, and a fourth round pick for #1 overall (probably Gronk), a fifth rounder, and a 6th rounder.

That's a lot to digest but what it boils down to is basically my team would be Brown/Gronk/and my first 3 picks in the draft after that would be a 3rd and two fifths.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Steve Smith Sr. (Achilles', PUP) revealed he suffered a "double rupture" of his Achilles' last November.
It was the first double rupture renowned foot doctor Robert Anderson had ever seen. It looked like "raw, shredded chicken," according to Smith's wife, and "89" admits the pain was unbearable. Smith Sr. said he was on Oxycontin for 12 days following surgery, and later admitted he had thoughts of giving up his comeback when rehabbing the injury this summer. At 37, it's going to be incredibly tough -- borderline impossible -- for Smith to regain his previous form. Jul 29 - 10:04 AM
Source: Bleacher Report

KAMARAIKENKAMARAIKENKAMAIRAIKENKAMA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

But it'll be Mike Wallace because the football gods laugh at us

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

I'm in a 12 team PPR keeper league. I was just offered a trade:

Eddie Lacy (fourth round keeper), a 2nd round pick, and a fourth round pick for #1 overall (probably Gronk), a fifth rounder, and a 6th rounder.

That's a lot to digest but what it boils down to is basically my team would be Brown/Gronk/and my first 3 picks in the draft after that would be a 3rd and two fifths.

The value depends a lot on how keeperish your keeper league is (e.g., what's actually available for those high picks, what else you're keeping, what keepers cost, etc.), and probably also what you have behind Not As Fat Lacy.

With the information I have right now, I'd say that trade is slightly in your favor, but not by a ton.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

The value depends a lot on how keeperish your keeper league is (e.g., what's actually available for those high picks, what else you're keeping, what keepers cost, etc.), and probably also what you have behind Not As Fat Lacy.

With the information I have right now, I'd say that trade is slightly in your favor, but not by a ton.

Keepers cost the same round that they were drafted for 2 years and then after that they're cost goes up 1 round (I kept Lacy for 2 years as a fifth round pick, this year he cost me a fourth), Antonio Brown is my other keeper as a first rounder.

The downside of the potential trade is that by staying put in the 2nd round, I'd be able to get a guy like Jordy Nelson/Demaryius Thomas/Mike Evans. So the draft isn't completely watered down.

Thanks for the response.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, so there's only 24 kept players each year, at the most? That raises the value of the early draft rounds, compared to a league where you can keep (say) four or five players. On the other hand, getting to keep at original draft round for two years probably means more of the typical second-round players being kept. On balance I think your cost is a little high. Who else could you draft at #1?

One other consideration is that it's not a terrible idea to trade away your first round pick anyway, because first round picks are unlikely to be kept in the future. Then again, your first overall is probably worth a first round keep next year, assuming next year's first round draft pick would be later in the round, and assuming you grab someone who doesn't get hurt.

With AB and Gronk, you'll be using your next pick on an RB most likely. If you can project a third round RB that you don't mind starting as your RB1, then maybe you're OK. On that basis, I think either you can't grab Gronk at #1 (there's way more TE value to be found in round 5+ than there is RB value in 3+, especially given you need to start two RBs, and that it's PPR) or you need to be able to trade for a good starting RB somehow.

Yeah, I'm leaning away from this trade, sorry. I think you're giving up on high RBs and/or WRs completely and trading away a likely RB1/2 with Lacy to get it. Lacy is a risk and I don't mind you trading him away, but I think you need to keep your second round pick in this format. Gronk is great, but I don't think he's first overall great when your next picks are third round and then fifth round and all you have on your roster is gronk and AB.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

OK, so there's only 24 kept players each year, at the most? That raises the value of the early draft rounds, compared to a league where you can keep (say) four or five players. On the other hand, getting to keep at original draft round for two years probably means more of the typical second-round players being kept. On balance I think your cost is a little high. Who else could you draft at #1?

One other consideration is that it's not a terrible idea to trade away your first round pick anyway, because first round picks are unlikely to be kept in the future. Then again, your first overall is probably worth a first round keep next year, assuming next year's first round draft pick would be later in the round, and assuming you grab someone who doesn't get hurt.

With AB and Gronk, you'll be using your next pick on an RB most likely. If you can project a third round RB that you don't mind starting as your RB1, then maybe you're OK. On that basis, I think either you can't grab Gronk at #1 (there's way more TE value to be found in round 5+ than there is RB value in 3+, especially given you need to start two RBs, and that it's PPR) or you need to be able to trade for a good starting RB somehow.

Yeah, I'm leaning away from this trade, sorry. I think you're giving up on high RBs and/or WRs completely and trading away a likely RB1/2 with Lacy to get it. Lacy is a risk and I don't mind you trading him away, but I think you need to keep your second round pick in this format. Gronk is great, but I don't think he's first overall great when your next picks are third round and then fifth round and all you have on your roster is gronk and AB.

AP and Lamar Miller are available as well. But yea I tend to agree that it may be too costly to move up. I'm seeing if I can move up at a cheaper cost currently. If not, so be it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IT'S ON MOTHERFUCKERS

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/4vd1wb/custom_beersheets_request_form_is_live/

Custom BeerSheets request form is live.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The League of Posts has four openings for Season Two. If you're looking for a free keeper league with goons and a twist on membership requirements, please check it out! I'll answer any questions about it either here or there.

If a mod is reading this, I'd really appreciate it if the icon for that thread could be changed to the "fantasy" icon, too. Thanks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does anyone who manages an NFL.com league know where you can add more players in between seasons? My friend is supposed to add me but says he can't find a way to do it on either the iPhone app or website. Says he thinks it's because it's 'already activated' but that's never been an issue with our Y! league which has changed each year.

E: looks like he's worked it out now, phew.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 30, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thanks Beer! Submitted my request already.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Convinced the commish in the league where I have the 1.01 pick to add 0.5 PPR this year.

Antonio Brown + 0.5 PPR + return yards = :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks Beer! Submitted my request already.

No problem. I am stress testing the setup so if you check the DB link it should already be there.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Thanks Beer, looks like you already made my request as well. My main league has grown to 18 people from 14, for some silly reason. Going to need the sheet now more than ever!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Aguamoose posted:

Thanks Beer, looks like you already made my request as well. My main league has grown to 18 people from 14, for some silly reason. Going to need the sheet now more than ever!

The changes I made this year have really made life a lot easier. I've automated pretty much everything, the sheets are sorted so folks don't come to me asking what name they put something under, duplicates are skipped without me having to do anything, it's really great.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
18 person league :barf:

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Part of me agrees, part of me thinks it's going to be kinda interesting. It's only a free casual league so I'm not going to kick up a fuss about the commish inviting some more friends in.

The commissioner hasn't put a limit on how many QBs can be rostered which could get interesting. Historically as a 14 team league everyone tends to draft at least 2 qbs making streaming QB impossible. With 18 teams going late round qb could backfire.

Anyone got any experience with or tips for larger leagues? I know I am going to be drafting 13th.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So.....how many leagues is everybody in this year? Last year, I was in 5 and that seemed like too much.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

So.....how many leagues is everybody in this year? Last year, I was in 5 and that seemed like too much.

5 again. Two dynasty and three redraft including the charity league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

2 leagues with the same people (one dynasty, one redraft) and possibly an idp only league.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
If I was in 5 leagues, I would most definitely forget to set a lineup on one of them each week.

In my keeper league, I've got 1 remaining decision (or non-decision) to make. I could keep Roethlisberger for a 7th rounder or Palmer for a 10th rounder (or keep neither).

Ben's price seems a little high given the depth at QB and his injury history is worrisome.

Palmer was a huge value last year but it seems unlikely he'll continue to put up those numbers at his age. However, a 10th rounder for his possible value and, at minimum, backup potential seems worthwhile.

Am I crazy for passing on Roethlisberger?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Aguamoose posted:

Part of me agrees, part of me thinks it's going to be kinda interesting. It's only a free casual league so I'm not going to kick up a fuss about the commish inviting some more friends in.

The commissioner hasn't put a limit on how many QBs can be rostered which could get interesting. Historically as a 14 team league everyone tends to draft at least 2 qbs making streaming QB impossible. With 18 teams going late round qb could backfire.

Anyone got any experience with or tips for larger leagues? I know I am going to be drafting 13th.

Yeah, your commish really needs to change one of those slots to a super flex. Otherwise, my advice would be to draft 4-5 starting qbs and trade them to desperate owners

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, your commish really needs to change one of those slots to a super flex. Otherwise, my advice would be to draft 4-5 starting qbs and trade them to desperate owners

I don't think he's saying it's a 2QB league, just that a lot of folks like to draft a backup QB. Frankly I wouldn't be part of any 2QB league unless it was 10 teams or less and there was a rule that no team could roster more than 3 QBs.

An 18 team league makes it impossible for everyone to have a second QB for bye weeks. I would propose to the commissioner that he change the QB slot to a superflex instead. At least then you can put a RB or something in your QB slot instead of being hosed over.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Frankly I wouldn't be part of any 2QB league unless it was 10 teams or less and there was a rule that no team could roster more than 3 QBs.

How come? Just adds another valuable position/strategy, instead of making QBs somewhat of an afterthought.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

89 posted:

Going from 10 down to 7 with 5 dynasty leagues.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

How come? Just adds another valuable position/strategy, instead of making QBs somewhat of an afterthought.

I agree at ten teams. More than that and someone gets screwed since you need more QBs than there are teams in the NFL. Making it superflex helps some but I still prefer to see it capped at ten.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

I'm doing 3 leagues, same setup as always. The serious league with my friends, the more casual league, and a random public league where I just gently caress around with experiments.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

89 posted:

I'm at 6 and might join one more. I think this may be a mistake.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

89 posted:

Three redrafts, one dynasty, one college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I agree at ten teams. More than that and someone gets screwed since you need more QBs than there are teams in the NFL. Making it superflex helps some but I still prefer to see it capped at ten.

Fair enough, I also prefer it as superflex fwiw.

• Locked thread