Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress HOAs. Too bad its harder to escape them as they are the cancer of new development. lets make everyone's life a living hell in the name of property values and "hey you need to pay us 300 dollars a month to maintain the swimming pool!" I'd rather spend that money to put in my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Aeka 2.0 posted:

gently caress HOAs. Too bad its harder to escape them as they are the cancer of new development. lets make everyone's life a living hell in the name of property values and "hey you need to pay us 300 dollars a month to maintain the swimming pool!" I'd rather spend that money to put in my own.

Ours isn't actually that bad, sans the one guy and your general midwestern suburban pearl clutching. Surprisingly, there's actually a couple fellow liberals on the board and we help keep things in check. We have a tiny, maybe 300 sqft, clubhouse, a large green space that needs mowing and a basic pool. Dues run less than $150 a year and the only zoning regulations/oversight we have is if you try and add an extension to your house, which thus far hasn't come up since the houses were built back in the 70s. Grass height, weeds, house color, ect is the city's problem. It's rather amazing the amount of time they take up talking about a tiny rear end pool and clubhouse, though.

I guess we also have to worry about the "pool attendants" who are teens working below minimum wage to sit at the pool and make sure people sign the sheet when they come in. During the annual I always test the waters to see if I have the votes to give them a raise. :)

The VP guy has, in my 8 years on the board, been the only member who has ever actually put something up for a vote that has been voted down. So far he's tried to spend like $10k to extend our wooden privacy fence (that the city requested we put up since neighboring road kept having accidents... whoops) so that "those Mexicans can't cut across our grass" and several idiotically restrictive pool rules, one of which was effectively a literacy test for pool usage.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 28, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I love how the "support are troops" types don't know or recognize that banner.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Isn't there like 99.999999999999% overlap with stolen valor people and being a regressive shitheel?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't there like 99.999999999999% overlap with stolen valor people and being a regressive shitheel?

Um, excuse me, I'll have you know that these people would be the first to fight valiantly if war came to their doorstep. They've even run repeated mental simulations to prepare for such an event.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Love having an HOA. They planted more trees on our greenbelt and asked the neighbor to put away his recycled grease bottle. Common green areas are kept up and it's really beautiful and quiet here. Otherwise it's not that restrictive.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Every time I think HOA I think of that one episode in X-Files where that one guy goes around literally murdering people for trivial poo poo such as an ugly mailbox

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Every time I think HOA I think of that one episode in X-Files where that one guy goes around literally murdering people for trivial poo poo such as an ugly mailbox

It's not a guy its some white assholes thoughtform

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Saw this on Facebook.
I mentioned that this was cute, but fake, and two of his friends chimed in to let me know that "No, this is totally legit, they've got people admitting it on camera at the convention."

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I got into the same argument.

If it's true, the DNC won't deny it, they've made a public ad to hire, and if it's a normal practice they'll own it, especially with the email stuff in the air. It's going to be reported as an expense, so might as well be honest. If it's true, it should be easy to get confirmation from someone at the DNC.

It's certainly weird that they included the details about kicking people out.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Original post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1031867576877207/permalink/1186248261439137/

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

lancemantis posted:

It's not a guy its some white assholes thoughtform
2020 Republican nominee?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You all need to watch this guy's videos it's like performance art in what it would be like if Reddit came to life

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

One weird trick to becoming Democratic nominee despite lack of votes!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

This is getting painfully close to the "say Radical Islamic Terrorist" line of magic words horseshit. I'm someone who donated to and supported Bernie, he's not going to be President, loving deal with reality already.

Maybe I just have the advantage of my first election cycle I could vote in being 2004, so I know what losing an election looks like and how stupid it is to delude yourself. :shrug:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Just an FYI for people who saw this and thought that I'd clearly settled the issue.

Nope. This is definitely proof that the DNC is financing Trump and I'm a paid shill.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mo_Steel posted:

This is getting painfully close to the "say Radical Islamic Terrorist" line of magic words horseshit. I'm someone who donated to and supported Bernie, he's not going to be President, loving deal with reality already.

Maybe I just have the advantage of my first election cycle I could vote in being 2004, so I know what losing an election looks like and how stupid it is to delude yourself. :shrug:

Poor Howard Dean :smith:

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
My Facebook has been so nice. The conservatives are agressively posting benign family and weather stuff, as if to assert they aren't dead and this is what fb is really for all of a sudden. My lib friends are posting so much DNC stuff when they have been pretty much silent the whole time, excluding the BoBs. It's like the oposite with them. They've been vocal the whole time and now are shutting up.

All of my bfs stupid friends are on ignore, but he says they've been quiet. Except the ex pat who is agressively posting blue lives poo poo. He finally dropped the other shoe yesterday and posted a fellating article of his piece of poo poo presidente of the Phillipines. I always suspected his concern trolling for officers in the US was a weird projection of what he likes about his current home. I almost want to un-ignore him and call him out on that poo poo. He has little girls. When they get married is he going to be okay with his president offering to gently caress them as a present?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Those police officer's families speak tonight. But do not expect them to change or take this down. Hell, they might create a new one if they can make up a way that the families were "slighted".

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Those police officer's families speak tonight. But do not expect them to change or take this down. Hell, they might create a new one if they can make up a way that the families were "slighted".

Seriously? I think the next image macro should be the RNC stage with neither group on it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Twelve by Pies posted:

Bernie Sanders is a master at 12th dimensional chess i guess. First he was endorsing Hilary but not really so he could get to the DNC now this!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I have a couple of friends talking about white noise generators and the paid seat fillers at the DNC, and the guy who is ringleading those friends is one of the biggest loving liberalterians I know. Like he claims its his life goal to end the software patent system, but until then, he fine cranking them out and getting the big rear end bonus google pays its employees for getting new patents.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's weird, none of the people I know who are at the convention are aware of any seat fillers. Maybe people are seeing pages and alternates and assuming they're paid seat fillers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's weird, none of the people I know who are at the convention are aware of any seat fillers. Maybe people are seeing pages and alternates and assuming they're paid seat fillers.

There is some dumb BoB conspiracy that the DNC posted an ad on loving craiglist for seat fillers to make it full after they ejected all of the Bernie Supporters

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The Glumslinger posted:

There is some dumb BoB conspiracy that the DNC posted an ad on loving craiglist for seat fillers to make it full after they ejected all of the Bernie Supporters

Yep. People are dumb as hell

Found this one too. You've picked a great character to identify with

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jesus tapdancing Christ, I can live with the pages of BLUE LIVES MATTER and ALL LIVES MATTER and even the poo poo about Bernie being cheated but I think the first person I am going to unfriend is my friend who just came out as asexual, and every loving post is some rainbow Lisa Frank vomit about how asexuals are seen as weird and deviant and wrong and just like how society used to view gay men! (Note, many societies still view gayness as ick. But that is Old News.) So see, now that gays are openly accepted and no one has a problem with transgenders (really?) now it is time for the bisexuals and pansexuals and asexuals to become seen as normal and mainstream and good!

But not that mainstream. I mean, they're just special in a certain way but still, would it hurt to have a romcom or a animated movie where the main character is asexual and proud of it? HUH? HUH? Like what if Frozen 2 had Elsa state she is asexual, would that be so bad?

Trying to explain to her that no, people don't hate you and don't discriminate against you when it's clear to her that they do, because 'everyone thinks we're weird for not wanting to have sex!' is like trying to explain to a dude in a neon green $4k fursuit that no, people acting weird around you prancing around in that costume isn't them being bigots, it's them thinking you are a little loving crazy for believing you are a real dragon to the point of dressing like one to buy loving groceries! It's like how the "legalize it now man, whoooo!" guys are never dudes in business suits, but always 30 somethings in tie dye playing hackie sack near the courthouse. You are your own worst enemy!

Cat Jenner is not the loving voice for the transgender community! Her insisting she was did more damage to the transgender community than a million restroom boycotts in Target!

Here's what I don't get about the politics. Why the gently caress didn't Hillary and Bernie just join up and make him the VP choice from the start, even before they had campaigns apart, because then the BernieBros and the anti-Trumpers could unite without all this petty garbage? Or was there just not enough money to do it that way?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Are you ok

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
But tell us how you really feel

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

He's been hit by, he's been struck by, a furred Democrat.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, I can live with the pages of BLUE LIVES MATTER and ALL LIVES MATTER and even the poo poo about Bernie being cheated but I think the first person I am going to unfriend is my friend who just came out as asexual, and every loving post is some rainbow Lisa Frank vomit about how asexuals are seen as weird and deviant and wrong and just like how society used to view gay men! (Note, many societies still view gayness as ick. But that is Old News.) So see, now that gays are openly accepted and no one has a problem with transgenders (really?) now it is time for the bisexuals and pansexuals and asexuals to become seen as normal and mainstream and good!

But not that mainstream. I mean, they're just special in a certain way but still, would it hurt to have a romcom or a animated movie where the main character is asexual and proud of it? HUH? HUH? Like what if Frozen 2 had Elsa state she is asexual, would that be so bad?

Trying to explain to her that no, people don't hate you and don't discriminate against you when it's clear to her that they do, because 'everyone thinks we're weird for not wanting to have sex!' is like trying to explain to a dude in a neon green $4k fursuit that no, people acting weird around you prancing around in that costume isn't them being bigots, it's them thinking you are a little loving crazy for believing you are a real dragon to the point of dressing like one to buy loving groceries! It's like how the "legalize it now man, whoooo!" guys are never dudes in business suits, but always 30 somethings in tie dye playing hackie sack near the courthouse. You are your own worst enemy!

Cat Jenner is not the loving voice for the transgender community! Her insisting she was did more damage to the transgender community than a million restroom boycotts in Target!

1. Don't befriend high schoolers
2. Respectability politics haven't been very successful in the past, and there's really no reason to apply it in general
3. I don't like Jenner, but [citation needed] on that claim
4. You can hide a person's posts without unfriending them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is going to be incredibly tame fare compared to what the thread's average vitriol doles out on average by now, but I do only have that one conservative acquaintance who's writing show up on my Facebook:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cowslips Warren posted:

Asexuals do suffer from discrimination, it's just not the loud vocal discrimination like gay and trans people get. Nobody is going around calling them deviants, but everything from erasure from the media right up to forced marriage and 'corrective' rape affect them, as does a general alienation from sexualized society.

Really though those are mostly things that feminist movements already seek to solve though, so maybe your friend should look into that.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I don't think even Bernie cares as much as the Bernie bros do at this point.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

1. Don't befriend high schoolers
2. Respectability politics haven't been very successful in the past, and there's really no reason to apply it in general
3. I don't like Jenner, but [citation needed] on that claim
4. You can hide a person's posts without unfriending them

She's actually almost 40. I can't tell if that makes it worse or not. Oh, and her husband is transgendered and right at the same time he came out to her, she explained to all their friends that she is asexual. It's like she couldn't let him have the attention or the support of the family without her getting some too. I think I'm the only person in our group who is, in her mind, on her side, so I get the posts nonstop, while he never posts about his transition.

Looks like I spoke too soon. How do I know so goddamn many Bernie Bros? Seems like they're encouraging everyone to vote Trump because Hillary is a cheat. I still don't loving get why Sanders didn't just become her VP to shut up the masses. I almost understand why they're screaming to put Trump in, it's like when you lose a game so you take your ball and go home and maybe later go back to set fire to the court. It doesn't make it any less stupid though.

I can't remember, was it this bad in 2008 or is it worse this time because Obama can't run again?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
There were a lot more PUMAs and they were a lot worse, but it was OK since Obama was a foreign born political outsider.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

There were a lot more PUMAs and they were a lot worse, but it was OK since Obama was a foreign born political outsider.

This is your reminder that the PUMA websites are still running, and are still campaigning against Hillary, and their members pretend not to notice that they were republican stooges all along.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I didn't really pay much attention to the primary in 2008, so I don't have much of a basis for comparison for how big of a deal these anti-Clinton protests are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Salty tears from primary loser's supporters are the standard for Democratic conventions where there isn't an incumbent running. It happened back in '92 and I'm sure before that as well.